Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383122 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1099608 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the real world facts, as i have clearly pointed out, show the exact opposite..
when the real world and what you were told to parrot conflict, which do you think should change?
i shall give you a quiet, private moment for reflecting on the fact that your entire world view has just been shattered...
And that explains the entire world giving Obama a vote of no confidence with a slam dunk case on Syria.

Do you even listen to yourself?
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099609 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... I had to laugh out loud when I read this.
You didn't "have" to... you "chose" to. Are you forgetting who you are"
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1099610 Mar 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
More Guns, Less Health Care: How The Right Wing Is Making America Less Safe
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/03/18/more-...
I was in a waiting area with a second amendment freak recently. He couldn't stop talking that sht even though no one was responding to him.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1099611 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Democrats had not been so full of themselves after Obama put jobs and the economy behind social engineering and his "legacy" and ramrodded that monstrosity down everyone's throats but had, instead, worked with Republicans to come up with a more palpable and bipartisan plan that everyone would have gotten on board with, Obama wouldn't have egg all over his face.
And Pelosi and Reid wouldn't look like the foolish people they've always been. Just exposed.
Carol quit lying.

Republicans chose not to participate. Those that tried were admonished by the Republican leadership.

If the Republicans wanted to fix healthcare, perhaps they should of at least tried in the nearly 12 consecutive years of Republican run Congress.

The fact is after they blocked Healthcare reform in 1993 they did NOTHING to fix healthcare. They didn't give a rat's ass about the uninsured., They didn't care that premiums were rising 8-10% a year. They didn't care people with pre-existing couldn't get insurance, they didn't care that people's policies were cancelled when they got sick.

So if you are a dumbass Republican complaining about the ACA, blame your own party for their inaction.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1099613 Mar 18, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Congress DID authorize setting of a minimum wage, overtime rates, etc. to the President who dutifully executes those laws. DBWriter needs to read the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 passed by Congress and signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. While President Franklin Roosevelt was in Bedford, Mass., campaigning for reelection, a young girl tried to pass him an envelope. But a policeman threw her back into the crowd. Roosevelt told an aide, "Get the note from the girl." Her note read,
I wish you could do something to help us girls....We have been working in a sewing factory,... and up to a few months ago we were getting our minimum pay of $11 a week... Today the 200 of us girls have been cut down to $4 and $5 and $6 a week.
To a reporter's question, the President replied, "Something has to be done about the elimination of child labor and long hours and starvation wages."
-FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT Public Papers and Addresses, Vol. V New York, Random House, 1936), pp. 624-25.
Congress cannot give any authority to anyone in any office that the Constitution does not give to them, you moron.

Now, show us the text from that law you say Congress gave to the President some authority the Constitution didn't give to him.

Where's that text....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099614 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Let's educate you on how things work in the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America.
No law can give any authority to anyone not given to that office by the Constitution.
You cannot change the Constitution by writing a law.
All laws must not violate the Constitution, or they are invalid because they are unconstitutional.
Within the United States, there is no document in the world that has higher authority than the Constitution.
Do we need to fight another war over that principle?
You should go back to the people who claimed to educate you and get your money back. You should claim damages from the person who taught you civics.
Either you believe the Constitution grants Congress the right to pass legislation or you don't. Make up your mind. Congress passed an act which grants the President the power to control wages for Federal contract workers. That is a Fact. No one gives a damn whether you like it or not.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1099616 Mar 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the President is supposed to run the government without any employees?
a few employees are necessary, but the vast majority are dead weight.....

parasites like Dupie's worthless kid.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1099619 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
what do abortions and pot do for your healthcare?
do? rape insurance is a good thing, right?

pot?

The Top 42 Medical Studies That Prove Cannabis Can Cure Cancer

http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/09/42-m... | Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/whydontyoutrythis
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099620 Mar 18, 2014
AL GORE>....

CALLING AL GORE!

carbon footprint alert!

"...Woodland is shipped 3,800 miles and burned in Drax power station. It belches out more CO2 than coal..."

"That’s where North Carolina’s forests come in. They are being reduced to pellets in a gargantuan pulping process at local factories, then shipped across the Atlantic from a purpose-built dock at Chesapeake Port, just across the state line in Virginia."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25818...
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099621 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the cost you unnecessarily pay is for taxes to the government. So, it's really the government that's so expensive, not your gas. The oil companies see only about 2 cents profit on every gallon of gas you pay, what, almost 4 dollars for?
You don't live in a communist country now, do you? You don't speak Japanese or German, do you?
No, no, no, no, no... answer the question... What did "we" ever get for the money? Hmmmmm? What have you ever... "won?"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1099623 Mar 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so when will we quit burning coal?
when are you willing to live with severe electricity shortages???...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1099626 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the application is so long, you will still be taxed for not complying until that application goes through...
logic is fun!!!!
There was no way the IRS could have enforced the penalty when Obama was still stomping his feet saying "I will not negotiate! I will not negotiate!"

This was all just a farce. The joke's on you.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099629 Mar 18, 2014
I tried something interesting this weekend, I spit on an american soldier. You know what happened? I discovered I'm not a good spitter, hardly any phlegm.. no velocity... he didn't even know I'd done it... I'm home now and am practicing... Tell your kids, DON'T join the army.

Spitting on someone takes practice. Hitting someone yards away is nearly impossible. I suppose if it were my son or daughter I could've done it because they'd be right next to me, but, in this case, it was a pointless exercise.

You are meant to earn something from this: to wit: whenever you hear tell of american soldier being spat upon as a justification for warlike behavior, remember my words, it's a LOT harder than you might think...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1099630 Mar 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a waiting area with a second amendment freak recently. He couldn't stop talking that sht even though no one was responding to him.
Oh yes, those types are everywhere; standing in stores ranting to themselves hoping someone will notice them; just tell them go home and watch some more Fox

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099631 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sorry? We started the fight with the middle East? how so?
If Bush had never invaded Iraq, we would not be involved in this fight with the Middle East. They have been fighting amongst themselves for decades and we should let them work it out without our interference unless part of an international force to prevent civil rights violations.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1099632 Mar 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol quit lying.
Republicans chose not to participate. Those that tried were admonished by the Republican leadership.
If the Republicans wanted to fix healthcare, perhaps they should of at least tried in the nearly 12 consecutive years of Republican run Congress.
The fact is after they blocked Healthcare reform in 1993 they did NOTHING to fix healthcare. They didn't give a rat's ass about the uninsured., They didn't care that premiums were rising 8-10% a year. They didn't care people with pre-existing couldn't get insurance, they didn't care that people's policies were cancelled when they got sick.
So if you are a dumbass Republican complaining about the ACA, blame your own party for their inaction.
That settles it. You fall into the hopelessly gullible category.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1099633 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no way the IRS could have enforced the penalty when Obama was still stomping his feet saying "I will not negotiate! I will not negotiate!"
Are you going to apply for the Religious Sect exemption?
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099634 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE the joke, carol... you always have been, remember? That's why you are who you are.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1099635 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Science
Technology...
MH370
what happened to the satellites that read license plates from orbit....
re in low Earth orbit and moving very fast. so they are over one area for a very short period of time...

what is it you think they could help with here...

you need to stop watching so many movies and thinking they are real..
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1099636 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid lied through his teeth about Romney's taxes and never did name his "source".
Pelosi apparently has the same unnamed "source" who told her Republicans want children to go hungry.
Are you really this stupid? Or just unbelievably this gullible?
The name of the source was already well known doll. FYI, Romney never did release all his tax forms.

Ron Paul called Romney a liar on national TV and laughed at him. Newt Gingrich all but called him a thief. He wasn't even among your first three choices for the (R) nomination and you begrudgingly voted for him only because you're a party loyalist.

Romney had a chance in 07, before America learned that he's a disgusting bigoted POS. The (R's) went with McCain-Palin and literally handed the Presidency to Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Muslim woman asks the wrong person a question. 3 min Stoooopid bytch 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Dr Guru 214,405
Hillary's History 6 min Hillary is so SCR... 59
A lot of truisms for one person: 11 min CrunchyNuts 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 14 min GEORGIA 2,424
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min GEORGIA 8,410
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 20 min Sublime1 101,993
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages