Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1709533 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1100052 Mar 19, 2014
Rmoney's underwear....

Obama, a 1%er paid 20.5 percent...
Is that the top tax bracket for that salary?

he should be in the mid 30s....

"The tax returns released by the White House showed Obama and his wife, first lady Michelle Obama, made $789,674 in income in 2011, and paid an effective federal tax rate of 20.5%."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/...

Married,filing jointly folks would be 35 percent tax rate....
http://www.moneychimp.com/features/tax_bracke...

my point? both romney and pres obama used loopholes to lower their rate...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1100053 Mar 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
When a PERSON uses 'teabagging, teabagger' it is meant to hurt peoples feelings...that's all its used for...it does not advance our culture, our science...or an argument....
and this applies to me, when I have used derogatory comments here...I should not be doing it...
derogatory? waste of time.

sarcasm? finest kind.

At least no one is calling them a Teabagee.[?]

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1100054 Mar 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with the ACA. It was a glitch in Nevada's exchanges.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
Their over-reactive, histrionic behavior of grasping onto anything to try and prove the Affordable Care Act isn't working proves how low their desperation has taken them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1100055 Mar 19, 2014
The question of how the U.S. should handle Russian President Vladimir Putin's plans to annex Crimea from Ukraine caused the hosts of Fox News' "The Five" to blow up at each other on Tuesday.

Fox's Dana Perino snapped at co-host Bob Beckel, the show's token Democrat, after he suggested that the country ought to stay out of the Crimea mess altogether.

"Putin in the Crimea is not a foreign policy for the United States, it's a foreign policy decision for Russia," he said.

"How could you possibly say it has nothing to do with us, with the international community? Do you believe there's no international rule of law?" Perino shot back.

"What I believe is there's nothing you can do about it, and everybody who shoots their mouth off about it has no idea what they're talking about," Beckel said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/dana-pe...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1100056 Mar 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us something new, OK?
You've already made it clear that you prefer sidewalk sausage over Souffle anytime.
Trapped in your culture, eh?
and 1680 is trapped in her stretchy pants she thinks are Haute Couture. You are correct, she is in a low classed culture lock, hating anyone who is successful, because she failed.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1100057 Mar 19, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
To the best of my knowledge you've never been correct, so the answer is no.
You didn't sign up on your wife's policy? Oh, well, I guess three or four women is enough.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1100058 Mar 19, 2014
NORRIDGEWOCK, Maine (AP)— Police armed with assault rifles descended on a Maine man’s home after members of a tree removal crew he’d told to clear off his property reported that he had a gun.

Turns out the “gun” the tree crew had seen on Michael Smith of Norridgewock was just a life-sized tattoo of a handgun on his stomach.

Smith, who works nights, was asleep when the tree crew contracted by a utility to trim branches near power lines, woke him up at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

He went outside shirtless and yelled at the workers to leave. When he’s not wearing a shirt, the tattoo looks like a gun tucked into his waistband.

Smith tells the Morning Sentinel the tattoo has never been a problem before.

Police didn’t charge him.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1100059 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Moochelle fired the pastry chef because of his homosexuality......
she caught him with Barack.....
Bill Yosses of Toledo Ohio is moving on to greener pastures. Inspired by Michelle's success in teaching good eating to children he'll work in NYC teaching both children and adults how to enjoy healthier foods. He was also instrumental in creating the White House vegetable garden. He was originally hired by Laura Bush.

Figures your lyin azz would put the republiCraig spin on a pretty simple little story.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1100060 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you are embarrassing your child
"Romney Tax Returns Show 2-Year Income of $45 Million" - nyt
"9 Things to Know About Mitt Romney's Tax Returns" - motherjones
"Mitt Romney Tax Returns Released: Paid Just 13.9% Rate In 2010, Had Swiss Bank Account" - huffpo
The left on here represent the Alinsky alumni loyal followers. Just tell them a lie enough times and they will unquestioningly believe it, defend it and willingly perpetrate it.

Couldn't ask for more loyal - but blind as a bat - followers.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1100061 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
terrorists are not people.....
Interesting statement. I wonder how that relates to the American Revolution?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1100062 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
or he's filthy rich and could afford to pay for any health event out of pocket. But Dave always sees the worst in his fellow Americans.
dumbass Dave thinks Bill Gates and Warren Buffett need medical insurance......
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1100063 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more to the point, most men will rarely see a doctor unless they have an illness that they cannot treat themselves.....
Most means more than half. You're full of cht pal__where do you think clowns like Zimmerman get their adhd, ptsd and mood stabilizing meds?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1100064 Mar 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
If you like to pay taxes move to NY or California...
"New York and California are the worst and second worst states in terms of tax burden..."
http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/18/new-york-an...
We are hoping that keeps people like you the hell out of our state.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1100065 Mar 19, 2014
A Coup in Crimea—or in Russia?

....Several days ago, a delegation of senators led by John McCain decamped to Kiev, where they issued the expected statements about freedom and democracy. McCain promised bipartisan support for Ukraine’s “territorial integrity”—meaning Crimea belongs to Ukraine—and against “Russia’s baseless violation of these principles and efforts to divide the country.” He promised to lobby for long-term American military assistance to Ukraine. Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy promised to “deliver a blow” to Russia to make clear the price to be paid for “aggression.” Dripping patronizing scorn, Arizona Senator Jeff Flake reminded Russians,“This is not your grandfather’s war.”

It’s not simply senators, of course. John Kerry lectures Putin about being stuck in a 19th-century mindset while condescendingly offering him an “off-ramp”—a face-saving way to allow the Western alliance to move right up to Russia’s borders. EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton tells reporters that she is “trying to send the strongest possible signals to Russia … trying to ensure that they understand the seriousness of the situation.” But who is it really who fails to “understand the seriousness?” The senators who parachute into Kiev for a frisson of media coverage or the Russians who gag when the United States tries to push NATO down their throats, contradicting assurances given to Moscow as the Soviet Union broke up? As John Mearsheimer pointed out in an important Times op-ed:

Washington played a key role in precipitating this dangerous situation, and Mr. Putin’s behavior is motivated by the same geopolitical considerations that influence all great powers, including the United States.

What is the goal of the West here? If you listen to some, it is to provoke Maidan-type demonstrations in Moscow, to overturn Putin. National Endowment for Democracy’s chief, Carl Gershman, one of the major dispensers of the “pro-democracy” money being spread about in Kiev, warned last year that Putin risked losing not just his “near abroad” but Russia itself.“Dear Vlad,” McCain tweeted two years ago,“Arab Spring is coming to a neighborhood near you.”

The Beltway hawks want to defeat Putin, depicted as a new Hitler by Hillary Clinton, to punish the Russian leader who put a stop to the oligarch looting spree of the 1990s that had sent Russia into a death spiral. Their dream: humiliating Putin, setting off “freedom” demonstrations in Moscow, perhaps a civil war to bring Putin down.

Why, one must ask, is this an American interest? Why would we want chaos in a state which possesses 8,000 nuclear weapons? If the neocons and neoliberals got their way and Putin is defeated and falls, who then assumes power? Or does Russia break into warring fiefdoms with various warlords vying for control? And in this scenario, who, if anyone, commands Moscow’s nuclear arsenal? Is this really the future—with all its attendant uncertainty, desperation, and humiliation—Americans want to see? Truly it is hard to imagine anything more stupid or shortsighted.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1100066 Mar 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bill Yosses of Toledo Ohio is moving on to greener pastures. Inspired by Michelle's success in teaching good eating to children he'll work in NYC teaching both children and adults how to enjoy healthier foods. He was also instrumental in creating the White House vegetable garden. He was originally hired by Laura Bush.
Figures your lyin azz would put the republiCraig spin on a pretty simple little story.
the guy quit because he got tired of the food Nazi Moochelle....

and because she caught him packing Barack's fudge.....

just like she sent Reggie Love packing.....

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1100067 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the exchanges ARE ObamaKKKare....
Actually, Nevada made their own exchange.

Galt is uninformed as usual.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1100068 Mar 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, now it's three years. He had them up on his campaign site if you bothered to look. The site isn't up any longer. You sound like the assassins that were gunning for him then. They wanted to go back even further every time he posted them.
No, he didn't. He might not have had years that he didn't pay any taxes at all--but we'll never know. You really think a stuffed shirt like Romney was the answer? Do us all a favor and quit voting, Enoch.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1100069 Mar 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave thinks Bill Gates and Warren Buffett need medical insurance......
Are you saying they do not have health insurance?

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1100070 Mar 19, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Rmoney's underwear....
Obama, a 1%er paid 20.5 percent...
Is that the top tax bracket for that salary?
he should be in the mid 30s....
"The tax returns released by the White House showed Obama and his wife, first lady Michelle Obama, made $789,674 in income in 2011, and paid an effective federal tax rate of 20.5%."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/...
Married,filing jointly folks would be 35 percent tax rate....
http://www.moneychimp.com/features/tax_bracke...
my point? both romney and pres obama used loopholes to lower their rate...
It was my impression anyone is obligated to pay the least amount due under the law.

The hypocrite here is Obama who tells everyone do as I say not as I do. Obama could always have paid more than the minimum.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1100071 Mar 19, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't disappear, just had to cut way back on electronic devices. I saw a video on Facebook where every scene showed people staring at their smart phones and I thought "that's me"! Besides, the wife threatened to castrate if I didn't. LOL (I'm a recovering electronics junkie)
I know you disagree, but I think Grayson is a loon so I wouldn't be surprised if he married a loon, but if she is making it up, she should be arrested cause those kind of allegations will haunt him any time he runs for office.
Relapse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does America tolerate nazis? 5 min Lutz B A PUTZ 3
Men that wear panties 9 min ROSE Needs A Gun 14
Trump is A 1 hr Rose of Tralee 477
Let’s play a game! 1 hr Jared 9
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 3 hr TEACHER SEZ IT ALL 17
Should AR15 be banned? 3 hr Truth About AR15 6
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 3 hr USA is NOT WORST 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance