Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509135 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1099646 Mar 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when are you willing to live with severe electricity shortages???...
Solar Energy Storage About To Take Off In Germany and California

Visitors to last week’s Intersolar North America conference in San Francisco could not help but notice the presence of a benign invader: energy storage vendors. Half the second-floor exhibition space at the Moscone West convention hall had been rented by energy storage companies.

According to Markus Elsaesser, CEO of Intersolar, the number of companies exhibiting energy storage technologies at Intersolar has increased from about a dozen just three years ago to more than 200 this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/justingerdes/2013...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1099647 Mar 18, 2014
Enraged radio host Mark Levin hangs up on atheist guest:‘You have no tolerance!’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/18/enraged...
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099649 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you believe the Constitution grants Congress the right to pass legislation or you don't. Make up your mind. Congress passed an act which grants the President the power to control wages for Federal contract workers. That is a Fact. No one gives a damn whether you like it or not.
16, I'm not going to let you hold me at arm's length for the rest of your life. Be advised. I'm actually pretty close to a complete understanding of how the world works and this concerns you too. I like you. I like your.. reticence. A woman who holds me at arm's length and still talks to me is my meat an potatoes.(Too many carbs?) I like your stretchpants. I generally like how you're put together and I DON'T care that you seem to have an unnatural attachment to another man. We'll get along he and I, I guarantee it. That's what makes me so dangerous. I HATE NASCAR, basketball, football, but I'm charming and funny and even married women lean forward to rub their breasts across my chest to adjust the volume on the radio while their husbands are driving.. I swear... I swear to God...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1099650 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bush had never invaded Iraq, we would not be involved in this fight with the Middle East. They have been fighting amongst themselves for decades and we should let them work it out without our interference unless part of an international force to prevent civil rights violations.
ummm...no, that isn't even remotely true. not even close!

you need to get at least a basic knowledge of the history of the area before you try to talk about it intelligently...

i would suggest the book "The Arabists' by Dr. Robert Kaplan as a good place to start...
(hell, read anything he writes...)

when you have the basic knowledge to talk about his area, get back to me...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1099651 Mar 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and how many of these were actually funded by Porkulus???...
some of them are under construction now, obviously not funded by the 5-year old Porkulus program.....
What makes you believe they are not funded by the stimulus bill?

If you go to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act site on Recovery.com , you will find 18 pages of projects funded in Temecula. 18 pages!!!

http://www.recovery.gov/arra/espsearch/Pages/...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1099652 Mar 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
horsecrap....
why should those signs still be littering the highways five years after Porkulus???...
politics???...
government workers too lazy to take them down?????.....
News Flash! Some projects take more than five years to complete. Moron.
gonnertwit

Pittsburgh, PA

#1099653 Mar 18, 2014

Obama is the most terrible President ever-Nixon was awesome compared to Obama

Nixon for President
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099654 Mar 18, 2014
I just flew into DC last night from Hartford. As luck would have it, I was squashed into another capitalist conveyance device with a beautiful young woman from Leesburg. I have been TOTALLY partying in Connecticut for three days and I was afraid she wouldn't like the smell of Guinness seeping from my pores. Turns out I needn't have feared, and, fortunately, I never do. By the time we were over Pennsylvania she'd given me her wedding ring. She didn't do that because she was... promiscuous.. she did that because she was a little drunk and I'm a lot of fun in situations where I'm crammed together with various married women. It's just who I am. Get over it. She was texting her mom and husband the whole time, which tells you everything you need to know about men and women in adjacent seats in an overcrowded plane on St. Patrick's Day. I assume she'll erase it all in confession when she wakes up?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1099655 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The perpetrator was the Islamist jihad, moron. That's why it didn't matter where we went. The Islamist jihad comes from every country between the Atlantic shores of Morocco to the Afghan-Tibet border. Anywhere we went, the Islamist jihad was going to come from every country that harbors Islamists to fight us, just like what happened in Iraq.
You're an idiot.
By the way, we crushed the Islamist jihad in Iraq. How about a big "mission accomplished" to our troops for doing that.... unless you hate the Armed Forces so much you can't acknowledge the fact that they crushed the enemy that wants to kill you.
Our servicemen go where they are told. No war in Iraq. No U.S. soldiers killed. Pretty simple fact if you ask me. I appreciate our military enough to see that they are kept out of harms way. Warmongers don't care.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099656 Mar 18, 2014
The GREAT thing about modern aircraft dynamics is that in coach anyways, when you put your hand in a girl's lap and unzip her pants and she sighs and lets her head fall forward over her i-phone, who the feck cares? You're just all jammed up in there so tight so the airline can make money that nobody even notices.[still smelling my fingers...]
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099657 Mar 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is welfare, not insurance.....
Well, frankly, I'm guessing Marie Antoinette would've voted for it in retrospect?
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099660 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash! Some projects take more than five years to complete. Moron.
Like you, for instance..? You ARE going to sleep with me, I don't care WHAT he thinks... I HAVE to see those stretchpants..

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1099661 Mar 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't overpay your income taxes, then the IRS has no means of collecting the ObamaKKKare tax....
nothing to do with the topic...

if you try to opt out of the ACA, then the IRS is involved.

why are you so ignorant?

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1099664 Mar 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> The (R's) went with McCain-Palin and literally handed the Presidency to Obama.
That was the Lame Stream Media that elected what they thought was their Messiah. They doubled down in '12.

They ignored all the warning signs of exactly what an inexperienced Community Organizer could do to the country. We will all pay the price for what the LSM perpetrated on the country in the name of 'fairness'.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1099665 Mar 18, 2014
The Internal Revenue Service probably will bark at you if you fail to obtain health insurance next year, but the agency won't have much bite. On this issue, Congress pulled the watchdog's teeth.

"They might send you a sternly worded letter," said Andy Grewal, a University of Iowa law professor who specializes in tax issues.

And if you toss the IRS' hectoring note into the recycling bin, you should brace yourself for, um, another sternly worded letter.

Relatively few people know that the Affordable Care Act hamstrings the government's ability to collect the penalties.

When it passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010, Congress banned the IRS from using any of its usual techniques to force people to pay the penalty for failing to obtain health insurance.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

This was all just a big joke to make sure we got what Obama thought we deserved - a diminished economy and military.

Location hidden

#1099666 Mar 18, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The name of the source was already well known doll. FYI, Romney never did release all his tax forms.
Ron Paul called Romney a liar on national TV and laughed at him. Newt Gingrich all but called him a thief. He wasn't even among your first three choices for the (R) nomination and you begrudgingly voted for him only because you're a party loyalist.
Romney had a chance in 07, before America learned that he's a disgusting bigoted POS. The (R's) went with McCain-Palin and literally handed the Presidency to Obama.
Of course he did. But you just fell into the 'really this stupid' category.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1099667 Mar 18, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...no, that isn't even remotely true. not even close!
you need to get at least a basic knowledge of the history of the area before you try to talk about it intelligently...
i would suggest the book "The Arabists' by Dr. Robert Kaplan as a good place to start...
(hell, read anything he writes...)
when you have the basic knowledge to talk about his area, get back to me...
Come now... In the past century alone there have been four wars between the Israelis and the Jews, a war between Iraq and Iran, and, of course, the Persian Gulf War. None of which solved anything which means...more wars will erupt in the years to come. Do you honestly want to keep dragging us into these foreign conflicts? Leave them alone.
Nostrilis Waxman

Prospect, CT

#1099668 Mar 18, 2014
As usual, my problem is the same as the problem the military has: we both want everybody to love us. Ahhh, well.. what are you wearing, 16? I'm not asking this to embarrass or denigrate you... I'm asking because it's who I am... I actually CARE what you're wearing over your body. This distance between us is sooooo vast... and yet... I can call you close with just a thought... an image I create myself - with your help (yes, I heard you have one of me too) I suspect this is the future of mankind... We just... cast about for someone we want... wish for... If you never sleep with me, neither of us will be disappointed - beyond a physical need... It's a conundrum... I want you.. you want what you have... right? I CAN'T stop thinking about peeling your stretchpants off... do you forgive me? Do you understand me?...

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1099669 Mar 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That settles it. You fall into the hopelessly gullible category.
Ok Carol, So you had nothing to say?

What did the Republicans do from 1993 through 2006 to fix healthcare? Evidently you think they did something. What was it??

Please list the Republicans in Congress that were thrown out of committee meetings. Refused a seat at the table?

Your party did nothing except add an unfunded drug benefit to Medicare..

Location hidden

#1099670 Mar 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our servicemen go where they are told. No war in Iraq. No U.S. soldiers killed. Pretty simple fact if you ask me. I appreciate our military enough to see that they are kept out of harms way. Warmongers don't care.
The war in Afghanistan continued long after the Iraq War ended. Are you saying Obama is a warmonger?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min District 1 239,566
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 6 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 6 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 6 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages