Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432267 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1098844 Mar 17, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had 3 months left to his term. He instituted sanctions. What did Obumbler do when he came into office? He eliminated the sanctions. Then he had Hillary go and 'reset' relations with Russia after doing nothing about Georgia.
Obumbler set the table for Crimea not Bush. Wake up.
Whitewashing the Failure of Bush’s Russia Policy

As perverse misreadings of history go, there aren’t many worse than what Lowry has done in this column. Notice how he skips through the entire Bush presidency as if 2001-2009 had been one long attempt to cooperate with Russia that ended badly. That is exactly what it wasn’t. It was a period in which the U.S. consistently pursued policies that were certain to antagonize Russia, which undeniably did antagonize Russia, and which the Bush administration seemed to pursue in no small part because they antagonized Russia.

The silly “soul-gazing” remarks at the beginning of Bush’s presidency were the sort of thing one would expect from a president as clueless on foreign policy as he was, but in terms of policy the last administration reliably did almost all of the things that Moscow opposed. It is not possible to understand Russian behavior over the last ten years without acknowledging the extent to which U.S.-Russian relations were wrecked by several Western policies, chief among them being Bush’s push for missile defense in eastern Europe and NATO expansion into the former USSR. If the Bush administration suffered from any illusions, it was that the U.S. could consistently goad and provoke Russia in its own region without consequences. By the end of Bush’s second term, that illusion was dispelled, and it was in order to repair the substantial damage that had been done in the previous five or six years that the U.S. successfully sought to find common interests with Russia.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

will the Bush apology tour ever end?

nah.
forks_make_us_fa t

Edmond, OK

#1098845 Mar 17, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Lack of character while saying "I did not have sex with that woman." Easy prey in the bedding of subordinates and hypocrites when libs called Ted Kennedy the Lion of the Senate.

And now, as 9 year olds are legally allowed to marry in Iraq, lib world is silent. Imagine if the Israelis came up with that one.
Have you ever held your butt cheeks wide open and slid a huge kielbasa in your butthole. In and out. In and out.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1098846 Mar 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Whitewashing the Failure of Bush’s Russia Policy
will the Bush apology tour ever end?
nah.
When Obumbler got elected he removed the sanctions over Georgia. He sent Hillary to reset relations.

Now please explain why that had no effect even if Bush had made errors.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098847 Mar 17, 2014
Food stamps won't feed your make you rich...

Stock ownership by wealth classes (2010).
- 1%ers, 94.3 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 95 to 99%ers, 89.1 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 90 to 95%ers, 83.4 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 80 to 90%ers, 70.5 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 60 to 80%ers, 44.1 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 40 to 60%ers, 24.7 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
- 20 to 40%ers, 6.5 percent own stocks worth more than $10K
Bottom 20%....only 4.5 percent own stocks worth more than $10K

http://www2.ucsc.edu/whorulesamerica/power/we...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098848 Mar 17, 2014
*Food stamps won't feed you and they won't make you rich...
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#1098849 Mar 17, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>When Obumbler got elected he removed the sanctions over Georgia. He sent Hillary to reset relations.

Now please explain why that had no effect even if Bush had made errors.
Hi, Adam. I see you are a staunch republican like me. We should bare back sometimes.
dem

Norman, OK

#1098850 Mar 17, 2014
forks_make_us_fa t wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever held your butt cheeks wide open and slid a huge kielbasa in your butthole. In and out. In and out.
I can't wait to meet you!!!!!!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1098851 Mar 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, Bush wasn't given exact details on the upcoming attack. So that was an excuse to do nothing STUPID?
true....Bush should have immediately deported all Muslim non-citizens.......just as Obama should do now.....

these dogs are an unacceptable risk.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1098852 Mar 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Monica Lewinsky actively pursued the relationship you clueless twit. No one took advantage of her.
Monica knew that she had to suck the sausage to keep her job, which makes the sex non-consensual........

and lesbian Hillary was more than happy to let someone else service Bill.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098853 Mar 17, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you don't need a job to get money' economy is on fire!

"But as I have shown you tonight, the store of bank reserves awaiting discharge into the economy through our banking system is vast, yet
it lies fallow. Take a look at this chart of total reserves of depository institutions: They have ballooned from a precrisis level of
$43 billion to $2.5 trillion..."

http://dallasfed.org/assets/documents/news/sp...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1098855 Mar 17, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it wasn't just liberals...
with two wars raging and an economy in total shambles, health care reform was the number two item on exit poll voter's minds back in '08. not just liberals but the whole nation.
this was due to the average of 13.1% increases per year for a decade in health care insurance premiums...and the huge rise in people going bankrupt due to health care issues...not just liberals, but people across the political spectrum. people who supposedly did everything right. worked hard, paid health insurance fees their whole lives,and then got cut off due to caps or pre-existing conditions i f they had to change jobs...
funny how you have to lie about his issue...the facts are right there for all of us to see, even you...
Here's my post again

"the only problem with catastrophic health insurance is that it won't pay for your messiah's signature legislation. It does, however, solve the problem liberals cried about. It prevents people from losing their homes or filing bankruptcy because of a catastrophic health event. "

where's the lie? I can copy and paste quote after quote if your messiah and his minions crying about folks losing their homes or going bankrupt if you'd prefer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1098856 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans & Democrats are standing on the deck of a ship. Uncle Same is over board & in the water. Democrats, the captains, want to throw out a life line & send out a rescue boat. The Republicans say that was too expensive & want to send in swimmers. Since the Captain s in charge, he decides to go with his plan. The Republicans the hide the life line & put holes in the rescue boat.
To the Tea Party, this is governing.
If the Tea Party does not get their way, they would rather our country sink then help it recover.
We need stimulus action like job bills. The assh*le Tea Party only wants to defund, weaken repeal the ACA & cut food stamps any any cost. Like your hero Cruz costing our eonomy 24 billion dollars for a stunt.
This is why you people are dumber than sh*t
after Republicans take the Senate in November, your boy will be a eunuch.....

but will continue to party on, living the good life while people are unemployed...

live with it.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098857 Mar 17, 2014
Why on Earth would anyone need a firearm....

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1098859 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If a polluter must buy credits then they are at a price disadvantage against the company that does not pollute & sells their credits and can offer lower prices.
So I would recommend you learn more about these cap & trade programs.
dumbass Dave neglects that emissions credits are not a free market......

Tesla cannot sell their cars for what it costs to manufacture the cars.....

other manufacturers cannot sell their product line, at least in California, unless they buy credits...

so, Tesla exists only to sell credits.....
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1098860 Mar 17, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush had 3 months left to his term. He instituted sanctions. What did Obumbler do when he came into office? He eliminated the sanctions. Then he had Hillary go and 'reset' relations with Russia after doing nothing about Georgia.
Obumbler set the table for Crimea not Bush. Wake up.
Forget global warming, hell hath frozen over when the New York Times--the liberal bible-is critical of ZERO's performance.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1098861 Mar 17, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Our moral and intellectual superiors....
' Hundreds of Justice Department Attorneys Violated Professional Rules, Laws, or Ethical Standards'
http://www.pogo.org/our-work/reports/2014/hun...
Senator Ted Stevens was a notable victim of prosecutorial misconduct....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1098862 Mar 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The President said if Congress did not act that he would do what he could.
The President, as head of the executive branch, has certain powers & he can use them to enact certain changes.
But these actions would not be as good & wide spread as Congressional action.
You should really invest in getting better educated in how government works.
If a polluter must buy credits then they are at a price disadvantage against the company that does not pollute & sells their credits and can offer lower prices.
So I would recommend you learn more about these cap & trade programs.
What changes? Tell me how a law can be changed by a president. Why have people's representation in congress if a president can change laws to his liking.

If I were you, I would read how fascism is a powerful government's control of production and distribution, and therefor, a ruling control of the people.

Tell me how a single energy company in one state or grid is at a disadvantage to another energy company in an other area? There is very little competitiveness with power companies. They raise the cost of their energy to the customers in their area to compensate for their carbon tax losses.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1098863 Mar 17, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>So this was reminiscent of the "Million Man March" that was put on by the famous racist Louie Farrakhan. What's your point, pin head?
I remember the Million Man March. They thought they were going to loot an appliance store, and none of them had to use a vacation day at work.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098864 Mar 17, 2014
Where are Global Warming supporters getting their data from?

"It’s against all principles of scientific reporting’: Thousands of medical papers cite Wikipedia, study says"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/12/its-a...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1098865 Mar 17, 2014
Medical Science is never wrong...

"Among periodicals which have a least 10 papers with an incorrect citation are: Neurology; Journal of the American Geriatrics Society; International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry; Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders; Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology; Archives of Neurology; Aging & Mental Health; Aging Neuropsychology and Cognition; European Journal of Neurology."

http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/10/31/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looks like Hillary has Parkinsons. 12 min HillaryHasParkinsons 10
Don't wanna beat a dead horse.........BUT......... 20 min HillaryRidesBrooms 28
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Dr Guru 225,679
What fell out of Hillary's pant leg. Something ... 32 min OverfilledColosto... 12
Clinton foundation scam, gave 5.7%. That's horr... 36 min LyingTHUGTrash 13
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1,693
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr PEllen 2,066

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages