Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1097682 Mar 14, 2014
From an obscure literary work:

“However, slavery was still legally practiced in states that had been slave-states before the war began, and in Washington, D.C., and the auctions, although less common than previously exhibited for the purchasing part of the population, still drew crowds of the curious as well as the consumers of humanity, still had the expected entertaining performance with such antics as a boy slave, also being available for purchase, mounted on a wooden barrel that held flour or whiskey, or any other product commonly contained in such a configuration, also for sale, beating the cover of the barrel with highly polished black leather shoes in a rapid rhythm in concert with gyrations of the arms and hands while showing white teeth through an open smile adding highlight to the white of his eyes, wide with the ordered motivation to provide the most pleasant appearance possible to the union enlisted soldiers whiling away their time avoiding the boredom of waiting for the inevitable orders to move to the region of battle, and the idle rabble that managed to avoid conscription standing in a group next to the collection of soldiers, also grouped together, added to the cacophony of noise that could be heard all the way to Madam Lee’s whore house. The boy slave ended his performance bowing in a grandiose manner with one forearm folded tightly across his belly and black felt hat held high in the other hand outstretched upward from his folded torso, still smiling with eyes widely open, watching the hard tack tossed onto the barrel top, some of which didn’t reach and fell on the ground near the base, out of the corner of his eyes, and a coin bouncing off his shoe onto the barrel top, and the gathering in front of his stage gave him a half-hearted applause because it was expected and gave a sense of enjoyment to the boy slave.”

… then, one of the audience wanted to ask a question.“Mr. President….”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097683 Mar 14, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> And how did it come about that the wealthiest Americans were able to keep more of their personal wealth or recover lost wealth in a economic downturn?
because they are smarter and manage their money better......

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1097684 Mar 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
not to mention that exchange policies are worthless because they severely limit choice of doctors and hospitals.....
besides, what gives the government the right to decide what coverage you should have???...
ObamaKKKare is a tax plan, not a medical plan.....
That would be the crux of the problem. It doesn't matter if the ACA works or not. It's government force and a bunch of elitist know it all control freak do gooders imposing themselves on others.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1097685 Mar 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, where does it say that in the constitution? why can't you give that quote?
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Thanks for playing. Next?
dem

United States

#1097686 Mar 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps you should take a civics course. Then, you can read the Constitution for yourself to come to the obvious conclusion that the only authority the government has is what is specifically given to it in the text of the Constitution.

Let's review:

Here is another concept you've never been taught. Let me educate you.
Here, in the United States of America, we have what is categorized as a "limited" government. What that means is, if the Constitution doesn't specifically authorize the government to do something, then, by default, it is prohibited.
How in hell did you get an education and not learn this?
But, if you need help understanding this principle, it's actually spelled out for you in specific detail the average person can easily read and understand.
Let me provide a quote from the Constitution to help you understand this principle:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
So when a Russian who re is delivered to a shi thole town in Texas do you have to pretend she's an exchange student?
I'd think the locals would kill a Russian spy.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1097687 Mar 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would include the draft liars like you, huh?
That, I couldn't say. But it definitely includes moles like you. How much does your efforts here pay you? It can't be much, probably about as much as your OWS gig.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1097688 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text> Too bad that you're not educated enough on our U S Constitution , our fair labor laws, or the history of our American Presidency to know better. So, what was the 'Emancipation Proclamation'? President Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves which the U S Constitution does not specially say he can do and John Wilkes Booth shoots him. Does that make the murder of President Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth right? Americans living during that time would string you up as a traitor and dangerous anarchist if you agreed with Booth.
So, you found that text in the Constitution that gives the President the authority to set wages in the United States, right?
Thus, with that text from the Constitution giving the President the authority to set wages in the United States making the law written to allow the President to set wages, you found that text in the law, right?

Well, were is that text from the Cosntitution giving the President that authority, and where is that text from the law commanding the President to set wages?

Got a problem there, don't you? The Constitution doesn't give the President that authority.
You'd think someone who promotes themselves as a constitutional lawyer would know that.

It would help a lot if Obama had read the Constitution at least once in his life.

Now, where is that text?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097689 Mar 14, 2014
wonder if Obama will redefine overtime rules so that Galt and others get paid for travel time....all those hours waiting around airports and getting home after midnight....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1097690 Mar 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But the chickens have come home to roost. Reality has set in.
And Obama (and his administration) can't escape it.

The left believed the lies and there's no escaping for them either...except being told more lies and still believing...which they do...for some reason.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1097691 Mar 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Weren't GHWB and Barbara some sort of close kin? Cousins__something like that?
I don't know, but that might explain some things!

John Corzine's son has died or killed himself at age 31. Sad.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1097692 Mar 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall Dan Rather being on Fox.
i don't recall Rather actually being wrong about chickenhawk Bush.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1097693 Mar 14, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>
The old Saul Alinsky dictum is apt:“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it and polarize it.”
Obama has a long list of enemies. Old people who belong to the Tea Party are high on his list, as are successful business people and Wall Streeters (except when it is campaign donation time). Way down might be the crazy Mullahs going nuclear in Iran, but I'm not sure about that.
yes it is,he certainly does

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1097694 Mar 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Michelle Bachmann didn't make the accusation. A man who claims to be a former Palestinian terrorist made that accusation in an article. Bachmann thought that information should be checked out. This was during the time the administration was backing the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Look where that went.
The RINO McCain should be sent to the old folks home.
The administration was acknowledging the newly elected President of Egypt. Not supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.

We have official relations with countries like China without it meaning the administration is supporting communism.

You people are dumber than sh*t
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1097695 Mar 14, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
So when a Russian who re is delivered to a shi thole town in Texas do you have to pretend she's an exchange student?
I'd think the locals would kill a Russian spy.
Remember the English lessons with a classroom filled with Mexican Lawyers? Aye Caramba!
Then he said he sent her to work at the local "garden center"!!
Poor her, she really signed up with a gem of a gent.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1097696 Mar 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And Obama (and his administration) can't escape it.
The left believed the lies and there's no escaping for them either...except being told more lies and still believing...which they do...for some reason.
So, now you are posting and responding to yourself?

Bordentown, NJ

#1097697 Mar 14, 2014
<quoted text> Say What? I'll have to assume that you never took a American government /civics class in your life. As every newly -arrived immigrant seeking a better life here knows about the U S Government, the President proposes.Congress deposes and the SCOTUS interprets the U S Constitution and our laws. So, according to our very conservative U S Supreme Court Chief Justice ,John Roberts , Obamacare is perfectly in line with the kind of welfare legislation that our Founders had in mind for creating a 'more perfect union'.
Naw, he found the mandate to be a tax.

Bordentown, NJ

#1097698 Mar 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The administration was acknowledging the newly elected President of Egypt. Not supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.
We have official relations with countries like China without it meaning the administration is supporting communism.
You people are dumber than sh*t
LOL, where's that newly elected president now?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1097699 Mar 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
polygamists are more normal than fudgepackers........
Charming term. What if there are gays who want to marry several others? Who cares?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1097700 Mar 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the crux of the problem. It doesn't matter if the ACA works or not. It's government force and a bunch of elitist know it all control freak do gooders imposing themselves on others.
What a crock.

If a person already had good insurance, then likely the ACA will have no negative effect on them.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1097701 Mar 14, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if I attend a gathering specifically organized for the purpose of hearing someone speak, do I have the First Amendment right to listen to what that person is saying?
Of course, I do.
So, since I obviously have the right to defend my own Constitutional rights, if someone attempts to prevent me from hearing what someone else is exercising their First Amendment right to say, and the only reason I am being prevented from hearing what that person has to say is someone else is intentionally disrupting what they are saying, can I beat the shit out of that heckler?
I think the Constitution says I can. I have the right to defend my own rights.
By the way, if that heckler wants to be heard, why don't they organize their own rally to speak their mind instead of violating someone else's First Amendment right?
hold a minute while i throw down a double shot of Scotch so i might be able to understand what you're trying to mumble.

though after a second look, i might need to burn one too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Jim 183,730
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min KiMerde 51,359
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 50,275
one million dollars 1 hr John Randle 1
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 2 hr Victim of FOC84 19
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,958
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 5,354
abby 1-26 5 hr Mister Tonka 28
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) Sun Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance