Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783935 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1099410 Mar 18, 2014
Romney Blames Obama's 'Terrible Timing' For Ukraine Crisis

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/romney-...

Thank Goodness Romney Isnít President

Romney thinks that the U.S. could have headed off the crisis by threatening Russia with punishment for things it had not yet done, but that ignores that Russia has behaved the way that it has because it already thought that Western interference in Ukraine was too great. Threatening Russia with sanctions at an earlier date would have changed nothing, except perhaps to make the crisis even harder to resolve. The problem with U.S. involvement in this situation has not been poor timing, as Romney claims, but a profound failure to anticipate and take into account the very likely Russian reactions to the attempt to drag Ukraine out of its orbit. This is another confirmation that Romney doesnít understand why Russia behaves the way that it does, nor does he understand how to deal with it effectively. Whatever else one wants to say about the U.S. response to events in Ukraine, most of us should be able to agree that itís a good thing that Romney isnít the one in charge of it right now.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Had Romney been carrying out his preferred policy towards Russia over the last year, relations would be considerably worse, and we would be saddled with an administration that would go out of its way to clash with Russia on every issue. It was bad enough listening to Romney try to make foreign policy arguments as a presidential candidate, but it is simply ridiculous to be treated to the same nonsense now that the election campaign is long over.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099411 Mar 18, 2014
Law and order Democrats...

"In 2010, when he was still attorney general of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, now its Republican governor, launched a corruption investigation targeting politicians in Philadelphia. The operation caught at least four of them, all Democrats, allegedly accepting bribes of cash and gifts adding up to at least $18,000. But after Democrat Kathleen Kane was elected attorney general in 2012, she reportedly shut down the investigation. Via The Inquirer of Philadelphia"

http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/17/democrat-at...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099412 Mar 18, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least it's higher than yours
Duh, apparently not since you posted yours. Baggers are sadly lacking in modern society. Social misfits the lot of them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1099413 Mar 18, 2014
lol

NRA endorses Simpson over Tea Party foe

Simpson, a close friend and ally of House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), has become a top target of conservative outside groups this year. The Club for Growth and Senate Conservatives Fund are both backing Smith in the race. CFG has already spent in the race, and released a web video on Monday hitting Simpson as a "Republican in Name Only."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/200995-nr...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099414 Mar 18, 2014
Obama's Rodney Dangerfield moment...

Putin laughs at Pres Obama and calls him a 'prankster'

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099415 Mar 18, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah their tune only has so many notes.
Most of them played out of tune.
On a Kazoo.
LOL.
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#1099416 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Just for one example:
There is a law prohibiting one agency in the government from sharing personal information on anyone with any other agency in the government without a warrant, imbecile.

We could go into ICE smuggling children of illegal aliens into the country.

We could go into Eric Holder running guns for the Mexican drug cartels.

We could go into everyone in the administration appearing before Congress lying.

And, we haven't even got to the laws they're ignoring.
I think you were asked for proof yet you tried yet again to sell tea bag propaganda.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099418 Mar 18, 2014
brown outs and starving people in California...

'In California, indoor marijuana grows account for about 9 percent of household electricity use'

Mother Jones
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099419 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't, moron. That means, by default, here in the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America, which the Constitution defines as a limited government, if the authority isn't defined in the Constitution, by default, that authority is prohibited.
I'd go back to those people who told you they educated you and get my money back. You should also ask for damages from whomever taught you civics.
I see just another day in confinement huh dumbo? You must be aware that you are a total nutcase? Take your meds, you are either not taking them or you are depositing them at the wrong end.

Adam 36

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#1099420 Mar 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, apparently not since you posted yours. Baggers are sadly lacking in modern society. Social misfits the lot of them.
You really need to do something about your projecting issues
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099421 Mar 18, 2014
Brownouts and 50 million starving Americans....

'Nationwide, the electricity used by indoor {marijuana} grows is enough to power 1.7 million homes.

That's equivalent to the output of 7 large power plants'

Mother Jones
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099422 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Obama's Rodney Dangerfield moment...
Putin laughs at Pres Obama and calls him a 'prankster'
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/03...
Hell, we do that to you and your fellow scabs daily.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099423 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fa t wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you were asked for proof yet you tried yet again to sell tea bag propaganda.
Your use of Ebonics gives you away....

You never finished any education...

The best you can hope for is to change the oil and tires on my car...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099424 Mar 18, 2014
Democrats are against clean air!!!!!!

'For every pound of pot grown indoors, 4,600 pounds of C02 goes into the Atmosphere'

Mother Jones.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099425 Mar 18, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to do something about your projecting issues
Actually you baggers do serve a purpose I always feel blessed and uplifted after reading about all of your self induced misinformed misery. I propose that we erect a topix wailing wall.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099426 Mar 18, 2014
Democrats promote lung disease and Pollution!!!!!!!!!!

'The production and distribution of pot in America emits as much carbon as 3 million cars'

Mother Jones

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1099427 Mar 18, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't, moron. That means, by default, here in the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America, which the Constitution defines as a limited government, if the authority isn't defined in the Constitution, by default, that authority is prohibited.
I'd go back to those people who told you they educated you and get my money back. You should also ask for damages from whomever taught you civics.
So, the President is supposed to run the government without any employees?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099428 Mar 18, 2014
Democrats promote greenhouse gas!!!!!!

'An indoor grow module {for marijuana} accommodating 4 plants sucks as much electricity as 29 refrigerators'

Mother Jones
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1099429 Mar 18, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of Ebonics gives you away....
You never finished any education...
The best you can hope for is to change the oil and tires on my car...
By the way, what kind of oil does Yugos use anyway. Besides they don't have tires in Oklahoma, don't they use wagon wheels.?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1099430 Mar 18, 2014
Ignorant Liberals....

Democrats would rather be high than hydrated!!!!!

'During California's grow season, outdoor grows {marijuana} consume roughly 60 million gallons of water a day-50 percent more than is used by all of the residents of San Francisco'

Mother Jones

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 7 min Bodine 118
More cost-effective than a wall... 27 min BSBBS 4
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 41 min MPMMB 2,670
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Zxq_qxZ 243,603
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 44 min MPMMB 171
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min MPMMB 12,420
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 46 min MPMMB 3,927

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages