Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384495 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096998 Mar 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Great, another rightwinger with a poor diet we will all end up paying for. This is the kind of stuff that will ruin this nation. Why not take up smoking too ya stupid fck? Then you can be just like Carol.
Obama used to be all for smoking. For all we know, he still is. And you want to ban eggs and biscuits too? You don't think liberals eat eggs and biscuits?

Let me hear you say "hypocrite".
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096999 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, i got it, you are an idiot, not a comedian...
When you mention IDIOT in a sentence does it remind you of family?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1097000 Mar 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush inherited a balanced budget.
You know,that thing you pretend American right whiners whack off about every night.
You had it.
What happened???
Bush decided to "give it back". He ran on "giving it back" & so you voted for it. He slashed revenues while going to war. Then he invented a second war. He & The Republicans passed a huge unfunded expansion to Medicare. In 2005, there was record unfunded earmark spending. Economy was fueled by runaway housing market that started to fadein 2006. The house of cards that Bush built collapsed into the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & we still has=d two quagmire wars.
This is what Obama inherited.
I find that when you f*cking morons blame Obama & give your own party a free pass that you look really ridiculous & anyone with a brain knows you are dumber than sh*t.
"real dumb"
In addition to being stoopid you are as liar. Bush did not inherit a balanced budget. What is the last year the government did not spend more than they took in?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1097001 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I had a Chic-fil-a Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit with a large coke.
Well excuse me, I just figured since you were waffling all morning, oh well. Now you are reminding me of old retarded Eed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097002 Mar 13, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

50 million living on a food desert...

50 million starving to death...

yet the FED Government had $1 million lying around to buy land for Grizzly Bears....

'TABLE 3. REPORTED LAND ACQUISITION EXPENDITURES
FOR FY 2007 FOR ENDANGERED AND THREATENED SPECIES'

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...

Orlando, FL

#1097003 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
More dumb lies and hysteria.
It's documented somewhere. It's history. Probably on government websites. Look it up.

Reagan led us out of Carter's recession within two years.

If you think that's dumb hysteria, think again.
dem

United States

#1097004 Mar 13, 2014
First, the good news for Hillary Clinton in the latest Quinnipiac Poll of Iowa voters on the 2016 presidential contest: She beats all Republicans tested by double-digit margins. The survey, conducted March 5-10, has a margin of error of ±2.6 points and tested the following matchups
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097005 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
ok, i got it, you are an idiot, not a comedian...
And you're just a 'businessman' in your world.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1097006 Mar 13, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
It is evident you do not like the police. Have you suffered at their hands? Have uou been mistreated by the police? Have the police stalked you? Why do hate the pol;ice? Why do you ASSume all police are bad? Why do you lump all police into a single culture. "Galt" wake up, smell the roses. Police are just like all others, some are exceptional, some are lousy, but the vast majority just do their job.
Peace
lol! How odd. You ASSume all dems are bad and all reich wingers are good.
dem

United States

#1097007 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Obama used to be all for smoking. For all we know, he still is. And you want to ban eggs and biscuits too? You don't think liberals eat eggs and biscuits?

And here we have carol managing to work Obama into her smoking and obesity.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1097008 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama used to be all for smoking. For all we know, he still is. And you want to ban eggs and biscuits too? You don't think liberals eat eggs and biscuits?
Probably more than likely it's because it was Chick-fil-a.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097009 Mar 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
When you mention IDIOT in a sentence does it remind you of family?
When you sit on the toilet does it remind of your family?

I am better at this than you...
dem

United States

#1097010 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
The White House STILL won't say how many Obamacare enrollees have paid for plans but announces 4.2 million total through February – just 60% of original goal.

Obama just promoted his signature law on a televised townhall event for Hispanic-Americans in Washington, D.C. on March 6 saying young people should prioritize by giving up their cellphones and cable television to afford his monstrosity. After trying to use comedy.

So, this president really thinks that young Americans are easily swayed by a president using comedy to get them to sign up for something they can't afford if only they would give up their cellphones.

It's almost too embarrassing.
And no matter how much you stomp your fat feet Obama care is here to stay.
And you'll be on it soon enough.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097011 Mar 13, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

50 million living on a food desert...

50 million starving to death...

yet the FED Government had $4.5 MILLION lying around to buy land for Louisiana Black Bears....

'TABLE 3. REPORTED LAND ACQUISITION EXPENDITURES
FOR FY 2007 FOR ENDANGERED AND THREATENED SPECIES'

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1097012 Mar 13, 2014
one in five Obamacare enrollers haven't paid a premium
dem

United States

#1097013 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Probably more than likely it's because it was Chick-fil-a.
Or the gallon of soda on top of that nasty genetically altered chicken.

Orlando, FL

#1097014 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually I had a Chic-fil-a Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit with a large coke.
I would have picked coffee over the large coke but sounds good otherwise.

Coffee, however, is in the same category as nicotine. So is coke. But progressive liberalism won't touch banning coffee or cokes. It's their personal drug of choice. They just want to legalize mind-altering drugs instead.

Probably bacon and cheese is on their "to do" banning list though. They've succeeded in mind control when it comes to nicotine and ostracizing smokers.

Homer is the perfect candidate for mind control, by the way.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1097015 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice he answered to gunner.
Arrogant, pompous, condescending, smug personalities are real difficult to hide. Especially when they aren't even aware of their short comings.
dem

United States

#1097016 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>It's documented somewhere. It's history. Probably on government websites. Look it up.

Reagan led us out of Carter's recession within two years.

If you think that's dumb hysteria, think again.
The issue of Obamacare, by the law, by the voters, and by consumers, is settled. Republican politicians may want to re-litigate Obamacare again, but as far as the courts and the government is concerned this is a done deal. Democrats need to make this case as it is the only case that needs be made for Obamacare. That is how you unite Democrats around the message for Obamacare. It's the law, move on. If Republicans want to talk about the past, let them. Democrats should be talking about the future. We've got a lot of problems to fix.
dem

United States

#1097017 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
one in five Obamacare enrollers haven't paid a premium
Prove it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Fair Game 59,554
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 214,691
Review: Rebel Hauling (Jan '10) 2 hr Dude 3
Observations 3 hr _Annabella_ 46
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr honeymylove 2,055
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago 5 hr Ihaveadream 4
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,004
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages