Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418182 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1097035 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the gallon of soda on top of that nasty genetically altered chicken.
Rightwingers consider that a healthy meal, meanwhile Carol is slowly dying from lung cancer, diabetes, and heart disease due to her healthy diet and lifestyle. But I am the hypocrite because I don't smoke, exercise, and eat healthy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097037 Mar 13, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>how did this country ever run when people could only vote on election day? when exactly did early voting start and why?
early voting and absentee voting makes it easier for DemoKKKrats to rig elections.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097038 Mar 13, 2014
Progressives buy Squirrels Pecan Trees!!!!!!

$17 trillion in debt...

50 million living on a food desert...

50 million starving to death...

yet the FED Government had $267,500 lying around to buy land for Delmarva Peninsula Fox Squirrels!....

'TABLE 3. REPORTED LAND ACQUISITION EXPENDITURES
FOR FY 2007 FOR ENDANGERED AND THREATENED SPECIES'

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...
dem

United States

#1097039 Mar 13, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>Right, you keep swirling that thought around in the mush that fills your skull and maybe someday you'll believe it.
Instead of trying to prove your point you choose to cower in the corner with your thumb in your mouth. I think that's a thumb anyway.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097040 Mar 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Which comic book program did you graduate from son?
now why would I tell you that?
dem

United States

#1097041 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>You, like Obama, confuse winning an election with a royal coronation and being crowned the king.

The majority of "voters" and "consumers" were against this law then and now.

It was passed on a strictly partisan vote with not even one Republican on board. But I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be defending it tooth and nail like you are now.

Sometimes it feels like I'm trying to reason with a 5-year-old, no offense.
Instead of explaining to you that you are not the majority for the hundredth time I will instead thank you for proving how dumb you are. Again
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097042 Mar 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Don't socialize much on Topix? Kvetch (aka Dems all crazy, Surprize, etc) is all over the place on Topix...when she isn't at Fat Cats having a beer that is.
Jean from Queens criticizing use of other names......

ROTFLMAO.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1097043 Mar 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Obama was 'all for smoking" more lies from Carol. Who said anything about banning anything?
Since he was a known smoker well into his first term - and we just have to take his word for it that he just quit recently - I'd say that was "all for smoking".

Just like he was all for being against gay marriage - until right before an election.

This president functions on politics and lacks any convictions. Not a good combination.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1097044 Mar 13, 2014
U.S. Air Force Commanders Respond to Budget Cuts By Removing Thousands of Airmen From the Ranks & Eliminating 500 Warplanes in 25 States, DC, & Overseas, Including Terminating the A-10 Warthog!
TODAY'S NEWS
Zoom Out Zoom In
By Joe Calandra Jr. 111:33 am March 12, 2014
American ground forces are about to lose the A-10 Warthog, one of the most popular close-in support attack aircraft in U.S. history, thanks to Congressional budget cuts and increasing financial pressure from the Obama Administration.

According to Stars and Stripes, the U.S. Air Force now has a proposed base budget of $109.3 billion to fund all of its operations in fiscal year 2015, which means manpower cuts and airframe elimination.

In addition to removing the warthog from the fleet, the U-2 recon aircraft force will also head to the scrap yard. The F-15 and MQ 1-S will also take heavy hits.

Total Air Force military personnel will drop from 503,000 airmen to 483,000.

Air Force Chief of Staff, Gen. Mark A. Welsh III, says the cuts are necessary to keep the branch functioning with “expected funding levels” or it will be unable to achieve acceptable combat readiness.

The General also explains Air Force leaders decided to make these cuts in order to leave $4.3 billion in the budget to work toward acquiring more advanced F-35 joint strike fighters.

The cuts were also deemed appropriate in order to make another $359 million hole in the budget to put toward research, development, and testing of a brand new long-range bomber.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097045 Mar 13, 2014
Everyone gets a home when Progressives are in charge!!!!

Progressives buy VA squirrels Pecan trees.....

$17 trillion in debt...

yet the FED Government had $12,000 lying around to buy land for VA Northern Flying Squirrels!....

Orlando, FL

#1097046 Mar 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers consider that a healthy meal, meanwhile Carol is slowly dying from lung cancer, diabetes, and heart disease due to her healthy diet and lifestyle. But I am the hypocrite because I don't smoke, exercise, and eat healthy.
You're a hypocrite because you make personal judgments that are selective.

And assume too much based on personal and political bias.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097047 Mar 13, 2014
Progressives solve age old mystery: How to buy land for a whale!!!
$17 trillion in debt...
yet the FED Government had $37,300 lying around to buy land!....
for Bow head Whales....

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1097048 Mar 13, 2014
For Flacktard, Dumbass Eed & all you other feeble minded right whiners.

Clinton had balanced budgets.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/02/...

So why do you morons have such a tizzy fit? Is it because you are embarrassed that your Party blew the very thing you morons rant about here every day????

"OMG OMG the spending Omg OMG the deficits" OMG OMG OMG"

Ad we had it. Then George W Bush got elected ( sort of) because he ran on giving it back" and you dumbasses saw you might get money & rushed out & voted for him.

Now you blame Obama.

You people are truly dumber than sh*t.
dem

United States

#1097049 Mar 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers consider that a healthy meal, meanwhile Carol is slowly dying from lung cancer, diabetes, and heart disease due to her healthy diet and lifestyle. But I am the hypocrite because I don't smoke, exercise, and eat healthy.
Carol logic.
She is the majority cause she says so.
The fact that the republican candidate for president ran on a platform to repeal obamacare and lost is a clear indication to carol that despite losing an election, which are based on the majority being the side with the MOST votes, she is the winner.
Uhhh what?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097050 Mar 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it is just the result of "at the right place, at the right time" (IF it is the right place...could turn out to be nothing). The Chinese just happened to have a satellite flying over the area. The U.S. didn't. These ups and downs for the families must be absolute torture. My heart goes out to them.
so, you think anybody can avoid UDS intelligence by timing activities to avoid our satellites???...

you're an idiot.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097051 Mar 13, 2014
Land for WHALES!!!!!!

Progressives can do it all when you give them some money!

$17 trillion in debt...

yet the FED Government had $17,000 lying around to buy land for FINBACK WHALES!....

Orlando, FL

#1097052 Mar 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're 'pretty sure' about everything and 'sure' about nothing son.
Then just say it. "All liberals do not smoke and not one liberal is obese."

Walk the walk and talk the talk...or zip it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1097053 Mar 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good eyes. You spotted that right off. Is the "Alinsky" part OK?
Realslime was desperate to post something before he went to the playground.......
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1097054 Mar 13, 2014
Progressives buy beach front property for TURTLES!!!!!

$17 trillion in debt...

yet the FED Government had $114,100 lying around to buy land for Florida and Mexican Green Sea Turtles!....

Patrick

United States

#1097055 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of explaining to you that you are not the majority for the hundredth time I will instead thank you for proving how dumb you are. Again
Sadly Carol has revealed herself as a fox troll.
Klan robes with nobama-Galt and the nameless troll who is so evident

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 56 min whatimeisit 3,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min silver surfer 222,412
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,941
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,421
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,468
Instagram upload from windows 10 PC? 5 hr jeskkaphilli618 1
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr PEllen 6,695
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages