Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383148 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1096938 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes you feel uneasy that I can afford a car that's worth more than your trailer huh, little tea bag jagoff
Dude,
A WELL ADJUSTED - boaster- Brags about THEIR kid getting into 'Hawvud' or your wife getting promoted....or the CURING of cancer...

not a used CORVETTE.....dummmmyyyyyyyyy

you bought a used corvette...don't kid yourself....

If that's all you got to brag about....go ahead...

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1096939 Mar 13, 2014
Gee...anyone notice the Jolly win in Florida was ignored by ABC, NBC, CBS network nightly news broadcasts AND those same network's morning news shows today?

Think if Sink won that would have been the case?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096940 Mar 13, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb carol rule?
No. Social engineering before turning the economy around and not letting a good crisis go to waste was the Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Emmanuel rule.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096941 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not funny...try harder...
I understand. Missing that load can cost you more than money.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096942 Mar 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good eyes. You spotted that right off. Is the "Alinsky" part OK?
Should be 'Leahy' son.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096943 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Why are you being dishonest Mr. Wizard?
not Obama's fault that Republican admins aren't as efficient as his own.

so maybe you're just jealous? that's what you get for voting for Bush.
dem

United States

#1096944 Mar 13, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>I like the ¨You had never even heard of Alinsky before Obama became a candidate¨ excuse.
Don't forget to thank Fox News for leading you lemmings to a non scandal again.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1096945 Mar 13, 2014
tweet o SPHERE...

"@ 5:25 a.m., I'm now the only reporter on the Hill covering the all-night Senate debate on climate change. Kinda surreal feeling."

Daniel Lippman

4:26 am 11 Mar 2014
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096946 Mar 13, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the ¨You had never even heard of Alinsky before Obama became a candidate¨ excuse.
lol! I bet you've never heard of Michael Leahy either son!

Nah! I'd lose that bet! After all, you practice what he preaches!
dem

United States

#1096947 Mar 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>Dude,
A WELL ADJUSTED - boaster- Brags about THEIR kid getting into 'Hawvud' or your wife getting promoted....or the CURING of cancer...

not a used CORVETTE.....dummmmyyyyyyyyy

you bought a used corvette...don't kid yourself....

If that's all you got to brag about....go ahead...
You are doing all my bragging for me, little tea bag jagoff.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1096948 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Here read it (if you can) in DHS Johnson's own words!
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson acknowledged Tuesday that his department’s deportation numbers are now mostly made up of illegal immigrants caught at the border, not just those from the interior, which means they can’t be compared one-to-one with deportations under President Bush or other prior administrations.
The administration has argued it is tougher on illegal immigration than previous presidents, and immigrant-rights groups have excoriated President Obama, calling him the “deporter-in-chief” for having kicked out nearly 2 million immigrants during his five-year tenure.
PHOTOS: Celebrity deaths in 2014
But Republican critics have argued those deportation numbers are artificially inflated because more than half of those being deported were new arrivals, caught at the border by the U.S. Border Patrol. Previous administrations primarily counted only those caught in the interior of the U.S. by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
“Under the Obama administration, more than half of those removals that were attributed to ICE are actually a result of Border Patrol arrests that wouldn’t have been counted in prior administrations,” said Rep. John Culberson, Texas Republican.
“Correct,” Mr. Johnson confirmed.
That would mean that in a one-to-one comparison with the final years of the Bush administration, deportations of those same people under Mr. Obama had actually fallen, according to immigration analysts who have studied the data.
In 2013, ICE was responsible for about 133,000 of the 368,000 immigrants removed. The Washington Times calculated that meant a less than 1 percent risk of an illegal immigrant living in the interior of the U.S. being deported.
Mr. Johnson said they are prioritizing those they think deserve deportation. In the past, illegal immigrants from Mexico who had just illegally crossed the border would often times be returned, only to try again almost immediately. Now, many of them are put into full deportation proceedings.
SPECIAL COVERAGE: Immigration Reform
“We are enforcing the law. We are enforcing the law vigorously and effectively, which results in the removal of over 300,000 people a year over the last several years,” Mr. Johnson said.“We are using the resources Congress gave us to remove those we believe are threats to national security, public safety and border security. And they result in the numbers that you see.”
Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle Tuesday pleaded with Mr. Johnson for more information on the status of immigration enforcement, saying it is tougher to pass a comprehensive immigration-reform bill.
That was a frequent complaint from Congress to Mr. Johnson’s predecessor, former DHS Secretary Janet A. Napolitano, who left the office last September.
Mr. Johnson has promised to be more responsive, saying he will answer lawmakers’ questions and try to get them information.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
NOW your believe someone in the Obama administration? Since when? Or only when it suits you. I don't think he is correct.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1096949 Mar 13, 2014
Or misquoted.
dem

United States

#1096950 Mar 13, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Gee...anyone notice the Jolly win in Florida was ignored by ABC, NBC, CBS network nightly news broadcasts AND those same network's morning news shows today?

Think if Sink won that would have been the case?
That's funny, gunner. I read it on abc news yesterday. Perhaps you should research before delivering your tea bag propaganda pieces.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1096951 Mar 13, 2014
mathematics...

decimals and percentages...

'the keystone pipeline would well U.S pipeline coverage...by 0.033 percent"

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/372896/key...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096952 Mar 13, 2014
A substantial majority of Americans believe Obamacare should remain law, either exactly as it is or with small changes, according to a new poll.

Bloomberg News found that a combined 64 percent of Americans said they support keeping the law in place. That includes 51 percent who said it should be kept but may need some small changes and 13 percent who said it should be left alone. Only 34 percent said it should be repealed.

Obamacare is also likely to weigh on people's minds when they vote this November: 52 percent said the law would be a major factor in their decision, and 20 percent said it would be a minor factor.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bloombe...
dem

United States

#1096953 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>No. Social engineering before turning the economy around and not letting a good crisis go to waste was the Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Emmanuel rule.
Dumb carol is confused. I meant your 2.5 year rule you pulled out of your azz.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096954 Mar 13, 2014
THOMASVILLE, N.C.– A Davidson County family is wondering how their energy bill has more than doubled.
Duke Energy says it’s because of the cold weather, but Debra Richenberg and her family aren’t buying it.
Richenberg lives in Thomasville with her daughter and son-in-law and she says they budget their money like any family.
She said they were shocked when they got a nearly $1,000 Duke Energy bill, which they said was just for two months.
Richenberg said they’re now trying to figure out how to pay it.
She said they are used to paying around $170 a month for power. So when they got a $971 bill for the past two months, they said they were beyond shocked.
Duke Energy said the extremely cold weather has caused power bills to go up. Richenberg says she understands it has been cold, but does not understand why her bill is so high.
Duke Energy says a lot of customers have seen higher bills and there are smaller things people can do to save money.
Richenberg says her family has talked with Duke Energy and wants to make sure their bill is correct and not a mistake.
Duke Energy said they had service areas that set records for winter energy use including the Carolinas, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky.
dem

United States

#1096955 Mar 13, 2014
You were saying, gunner?

What Today's Special Election in Florida Reveals About November - ABC News
http://abcn.ws/NXdlrd
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1096956 Mar 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I rest my case Mr Wizard!!!
Poor old flakey flack, the only case you ever had was a case of the clap. Along with gonorrhea of the mouth. You are as strange and warped as DB. You idiots are the best think ever for the Dems.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096957 Mar 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As different as night and day. Denying a man to marry a woman of any color is discrimination based on race. It doesn't redefine the definition of marriage to include anyone who wants to claim that definition.
Gays are only the first in line. Polygamists and interfamily will follow - "I want to marry two women or my cousin, so who are you to deny me that right? Are you a bigot?"
Believe it.
Don't forget children and animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Observations 4 min memorial day 17
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 min Mimi Portland 102,004
last post wins! (Apr '13) 20 min They cannot kill ... 985
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min IB DaMann 59,492
Hillary's History 37 min Princess tactics 65
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 54 min GEORGIA 2,426
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,602
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 214,407
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages