Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232881 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096107 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Airliners can do a 1g turn that is not noticeable to the passengers unless you're watching the stars and can navigate by them. There are always people who can do this on the plane. All experts seem to agree the 777 had turned around and was headed back to Malaysia when it disappeared.
Two of the passengers had stolen passports and exactly fit the profile of suicide terrorists.
The oil slick may or may not be from the 777. It could be from some ship pumping out its bilge. A chemical analysis is required.
There was no communication from the plane, and the transponder had been turned off.
Malaysia has a problem with muslim terrorists.
Perhaps this was supposed to be a Kua Lumpur Towers attack that got stopped by the passengers and crew, like what happened in Pennsylvania when the Islamist terrorists were overtaken by the passengers.
Son, you're obviously behind the times by days......

It doesn't explain why you're stuck on stupid but it shows you ARE stuck on stupid....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096108 Mar 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two kinds of Libertarians, a left and a right. Usually the left leaning side are one trick ponies for marijuana legalization, the Bill Maher, Noam Chomsky types. Most Libertarians are very right leaning constitutionalists for a limited government.
ahhh...the democratic sect of the libertarians and the republican sect....

i see this group going far...

no one suspects the libertarian inquisition!
forks_make_us_fa t

Euless, TX

#1096109 Mar 12, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you love Andrew Napolitano?
I love Ice Cream!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096110 Mar 12, 2014
Bush gave up playing golf during the entire Iraq War. This president plays golf all the time - during a time of war, when the Seals were preparing to raid bin Laden's compound and during a Russian invasion.

He tries his hand at being a comedian to win over young people to his health law (many are rejecting it) and then addresses a crowd at a Democratic event saying it's Friday and after 5:00 so it was officially happy hour in the Democratic Party (under his authority as an executive action).

After Obama chided Putin for acting like a 19th century leader in the 21st century, as Krauthammer put it, Obama thinks world leaders are in a gentleman's club and truly believes his foreign policies are a success.

It's naivety combined with arrogance that blinds this president to the perception we and the rest of the world see him.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096111 Mar 12, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>the truth is the democrats spent 10 times more money and still couldn't win. They couldn't buy the election. Harbinger of O'bamacare.
Let’s watch how this result affects the Florida gubernatorial race for starters. Democrat Charlie Crist has been defending Obamacare—in terms of accepting the Medicaid money—far more aggressively than Sink did. Crist leads Republican Rick Scott in recent polls, by about seven points. Watch how hard Scott—who actually supported taking the Obamacare-Medicaid money for a short time—hits Crist on this point, and how Crist responds, and how the polls change, if they do.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03...
forks_make_us_fa t

Euless, TX

#1096112 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that the brain damaged Jew is obsessing over this.
Stop being envious of Jews because they are more successful than you...they work-you are lazy!
Clean yourself up and get a job!
forks_make_us_fa t

Euless, TX

#1096114 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't be any dumber than the baggers you vote got.
get yet coveralls on...

And....

Get back to the garage, it needs to be swept up...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1096115 Mar 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Good night all. Try not to come up with too many conspiracy theories over night.
NBC News is apparently starting another one.

"GOP May Reap Rewards of Obama's Unpopularity in Midterms, Poll Finds"

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/go...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096116 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Bush gave up playing golf during the entire Iraq War. This president plays golf all the time - during a time of war, when the Seals were preparing to raid bin Laden's compound and during a Russian invasion.
He tries his hand at being a comedian to win over young people to his health law (many are rejecting it) and then addresses a crowd at a Democratic event saying it's Friday and after 5:00 so it was officially happy hour in the Democratic Party (under his authority as an executive action).
After Obama chided Putin for acting like a 19th century leader in the 21st century, as Krauthammer put it, Obama thinks world leaders are in a gentleman's club and truly believes his foreign policies are a success.
It's naivety combined with arrogance that blinds this president to the perception we and the rest of the world see him.
bush didn't give up hie record level of vacationing, did he?

did he just give up golf as he sucked at it?
dem

United States

#1096117 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>Stop being envious of Jews because they are more successful than you...they work-you are lazy!
Clean yourself up and get a job!
Nostrilfuckface for sure.
dem

United States

#1096118 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>get yet coveralls on...

And....

Get back to the garage, it needs to be swept up...
Nostrilfuckface for sure.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1096119 Mar 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ahhh...the democratic sect of the libertarians and the republican sect....
i see this group going far...
no one suspects the libertarian inquisition!
The left leaning Libertarians are essentially communists, as Galt said. A stateless common ownership, anarchists. The occupy wall street crowd.

The right leaning ones don't see the GOP as being much different from Democrats.
forks_make_us_fa t

Euless, TX

#1096120 Mar 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s watch how this result affects the Florida gubernatorial race for starters. Democrat Charlie Crist has been defending Obamacare—in terms of accepting the Medicaid money—far more aggressively than Sink did. Crist leads Republican Rick Scott in recent polls, by about seven points. Watch how hard Scott—who actually supported taking the Obamacare-Medicaid money for a short time—hits Crist on this point, and how Crist responds, and how the polls change, if they do.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03...
Hahah!
You need to help the poor kids living on the reservations in Indiana before you can think National!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1096121 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Bush gave up playing golf during the entire Iraq War. This president plays golf all the time - during a time of war, when the Seals were preparing to raid bin Laden's compound and during a Russian invasion.
He tries his hand at being a comedian to win over young people to his health law (many are rejecting it) and then addresses a crowd at a Democratic event saying it's Friday and after 5:00 so it was officially happy hour in the Democratic Party (under his authority as an executive action).
After Obama chided Putin for acting like a 19th century leader in the 21st century, as Krauthammer put it, Obama thinks world leaders are in a gentleman's club and truly believes his foreign policies are a success.
It's naivety combined with arrogance that blinds this president to the perception we and the rest of the world see him.
ROTFLMAO!!! No he didn't son.

But you go on believing your myth.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096122 Mar 12, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Bush gave up playing golf during the entire Iraq War. This president plays golf all the time - during a time of war, when the Seals were preparing to raid bin Laden's compound and during a Russian invasion.
He tries his hand at being a comedian to win over young people to his health law (many are rejecting it) and then addresses a crowd at a Democratic event saying it's Friday and after 5:00 so it was officially happy hour in the Democratic Party (under his authority as an executive action).
After Obama chided Putin for acting like a 19th century leader in the 21st century, as Krauthammer put it, Obama thinks world leaders are in a gentleman's club and truly believes his foreign policies are a success.
It's naivety combined with arrogance that blinds this president to the perception we and the rest of the world see him.
o you think this president should act like Putin? just do what needs to get done to keep the Us safe and prosperous?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1096123 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack for Congress!!!!
I would be their worst nightmare.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1096124 Mar 12, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
The left leaning Libertarians are essentially communists, as Galt said. A stateless common ownership, anarchists. The occupy wall street crowd.
The right leaning ones don't see the GOP as being much different from Democrats.
so you are all total nutbags? good to know....must be why you are not a serious part of the US political scene. kind of like the TEA 'party' fools...

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1096126 Mar 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>We were talking about the Republicans views toward the poor.
If, as you left wing zealots repeat over and over, Republicans don’t care about ¨the poor¨, why do studies consistently show that they give more to charity than Democrats do?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1096127 Mar 12, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>the truth is the democrats spent 10 times more money and still couldn't win. They couldn't buy the election. Harbinger of O'bamacare.
GOP organizations spent about $5 million dollars while Democratic groups spent about $3.75 million according to the Washington Post.

Was Carol you math teacher? And your lying coach?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1096128 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahah!
You need to help the poor kids living on the reservations in Indiana before you can think National!!!!
think national? i'm not a republican wishing for that that will never happen again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,878
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 53,520
News 1 dead, 4 wounded in Chicago shootings 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 99,543
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr James 51,766
News More Than 40 People Shot In Chicago Over Holida... 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
abby 5-25-15 7 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]