Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,007,301 - 1,007,320 of 1,095,927 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Ok. Change of subject... If I have this correct, authorities are saying that the transponder on the missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was "turned off to make the aircraft inert to secondary radar." I'm left with the question, "Why in the world would they create a transponder that can be turned off in mid-air?"

My other question is...If they knew military radar had detected the plane off course at 2.40 a.m. near the island of Pulau Perak at the northern end of the Strait of Malacca and it was flying about 1,000 meters lower than its previous altitude, why did searchers focus on the shallow waters of the Gulf of Thailand off Malaysia's east coast until Sunday?

Things just do not add up.(conspiracy theory: Did the military shoot the plane down?)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/11/us-...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe you seriously don't think the affordability of housing isn't a major contributor to the best places to live choices. That's just plain ignorance.
Santa Barbara is one of the most beautiful and desirable places in the United States to live and a favorite retirement destination of the wealthy. It will never make the list of the best places to live.
CNN Money:
Criteria for Our Best Cities Picks
Start with all U.S. cities with a population of 50,000 to 300,000.
Exclude places where the median family income is more than 200% or less than 85% of the state median and those more than 95% white.
Screen out retirement communities, towns with significant job loss, and those with poor education and crime scores. Rank remaining places based on housing affordability, school quality, arts and leisure, safety, health care, diversity, and several ease-of-living criteria.
Factor in additional data on the economy (including fiscal strength of the government), jobs, housing, and schools. Weight economic factors most heavily.
Visit towns and interview residents, assessing traffic, parks, and gathering places and considering intangibles like community spirit.
Housing
Median home sale price is compiled from actual sales transactions collected by Onboard Informatics from county and municipal assessor's offices.
Quality of Life
Air quality index are county numbers. Source: EPA, Onboard Informatics projection/aggregation.
Personal crime incidents are per 1,000 from FBI incidence reports and Onboard Informatics aggregations.
Property crime incidents are per 1,000 from FBI incidence reports and Onboard Informatics aggregations.
Percent of workers with long commute times from U.S. Census and Onboard Informatics projections.
Percent of population that walks or bikes to work from U.S. Census and Onboard Informatics aggregations.
Leisure and culture
Number of arts and leisure activities (including museums, restaurants, bars, golf courses and ski resorts) within proximity of each city is calculated by Onboard Informatics.
just look at who sets the criteria and judge for yourself whether they mean anything.....

being homeless and living on the beach in Santa Barbara beats having a job and owning a home in Detroit....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
some states have even lower limits, even taxing charitable contributions......
the moochers have no right to this money....
i think if we have these laws, we should take the 50% out of every single estate..you know, paying the "fair share"...

what the poor, panhandeling moochers don't realize is that this is payable immediately...it doesn't come out of when you can sell the property of your relative or when it would be best to sell it or the stocks or investments...the gov't takes it right then...if you can't pay, they take the property...

i think this should be standard for every single person...fair share...and all that rot...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope your kids like you; otherwise, yer screwed
Have you never heard of Roy Smalley III?

He was a decent shortstop for various teams including the Twins, 12 years ML experience means that he's collecting the MLB pension which is a good chunk of change. He works at Morgan Stanley in Minneapolis__probably not a true genius but smarter than the average Morgan Stanley mutt. His dad also played__dad was probably better, but neither could make a MLB team these days. Kinda like Frank Gifford couldn't make an NFL team now.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And it was over. Bush crushed the Islamist jihad.
Bush crushed the Islamist jihad in Iraq so completely, Iraq turned into a funcitoning democracy where people walked around in public with blue dye on their finger after the Islamist jihad threatened to kill every one who voted. Iraq was a victory for the Armed Forces of the United States. That didn't change until Obama was named President. Today, the entire western half of Iraq belongs to Al Qaeda, from where they send suicide bombers into Syria to kill the real Syrian rebels.
ummmm there was no islamist jihad until Bush created one there...

are you really this stupid DB?

why do you insist on embarrassing yourself like this so?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A child molester can't help molesting kids. According to you we should just STFU & let them have at it.
stop defending Realslime....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush crushed the Islamist jihad in Iraq so completely, Iraq turned into a funcitoning democracy where people walked around in public with blue dye on their finger after the Islamist jihad threatened to kill every one who voted.
Iraq was a victory for the Armed Forces of the United States.
That didn't change until Obama was named President. Today, the entire western half of Iraq belongs to Al Qaeda, from where they send suicide bombers into Syria to kill the real Syrian rebels.
Afghanistan - when Bush left office the Taliban and Al Qaeda were holed up in caves in the mountainous tribal region on the Afghan-Pakistan border, and getting their heads blown off any time they stepped outside. As soon as Obama took office, during his Dithering Period, Obama ordered all combat against the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the mountains cease, and all US forces retreat to the population centers. The Taliban and Al Qaeda merely came out of the caves and followed Obama's retreat right up to the cities and reinsert themselves into the population. Now, the Taliban and Al Qaeda are bombing every village and city in Afghanistan.
Today, Al Qaeda can attack the United States thousands of miles away from the caves Bush had them holed up in, are bigger and stronger than they have ever been in their history, and are able to invade a country like Syria and fight a full-scale war with the Syrian army.
Here's a question for you.
The commanders requested a surge of troops in Afghanistan to mop up the caves in the mountains where the Taliban and Al Qaeda were holed up.
Since Obama ordered all combat against the Taliban and Al Qaeda in the mountains cease and all US forces retreat to the population centers....
Why did Obama send surge troops to Afghanistan?
Bush never crushed anything other than our economy. That coward is still AWOL he and Cheney are both draft dodging cowards with thousands of lives that they wasted for their evil lies and you profess concern for our troops, You are a liar and a coward, but most of all a total nutcase.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Have you never heard of Roy Smalley III?
He was a decent shortstop for various teams including the Twins, 12 years ML experience means that he's collecting the MLB pension which is a good chunk of change. He works at Morgan Stanley in Minneapolis__probably not a true genius but smarter than the average Morgan Stanley mutt. His dad also played__dad was probably better, but neither could make a MLB team these days. Kinda like Frank Gifford couldn't make an NFL team now.
yes,a true genius...certified mensa member..and if you ever met him you's knwo how much smarter he is than you...

you don't get to that level of investment management on your baseball career.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Vladimir Putinheem wrote:
<quoted text>
Spelling errors are going to kill you people...
What you say might have been true, were it not for the fact that the Islamists in Iraq were only there because Dumbo invaded it. Saddam took a dim view of Islamists and had simpler cheaper methods for dealing with them, which is why the CIA hired him in the first place. Duh. Secondly, you don't have a goddam clue who owns the western half of Iraq you just repeat shit you heard someone else say that sorta agrees with your overall thesis. thirdly, what have you people ever "won?" When have you ever been "right" about... anything? So, you see? You have something in common with radical Islam.(Always start with the things you agree on and then work backwards from there.)
Ok, dumbass, name a country where we could have gone and the Islamist jihad was not going to go there and fight us.
You can't. The Islamist jihad comes from every country from the Atlantic shores of Morocco to the Afghan-Tibet border. Anywhere we went, the Islamist jihad was going to come and fight us.
Which brings up a question I don't recall you answering.

It's 9/12(2001). You're the President. What do you do? Do you:
A) Surrender to the Islamist jihad? Or;
B) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
C) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and some how you're so goddam stupid you think you will not have over 30,000 killed and suffer the same fate as the Soviets? Or;
D) You do something different that improves your chances to crush the Islamist jihad with many less than 5,000 killed?

If your answer is D) do something different, what is it that you would have done?

You have to tell us what you would have done to answer the question, dupe.
Vladimir Putinheem

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I could ask the same thing of you...
Us liberals who post here are complete morons, don't you agree?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I totally agree. A fine piece of work.
You can always count on sonic to deliver the real deal. That guy just seems driven to find the truth.

I think he's workin about five screens too__that's a plus. I can barely work one.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is very very complicated. i have been talking with my investment guy...perhaps you've heard of him...Roy Smalley...world series baseball player...great guy...certified genius...awesome golfer...any hooo, enough name dropping..
he said it would take several years to plan out and set up a way for me to divest my wealth,(and i am not really that wealthy) to my kids to avoid the grave robbing taxes...and he and his guys don't work cheap...
and all this needs to be timed with my expected death leaving us enough we so aren't a burden and yet taken care of...and this will have to change as the laws change.
it took him months to even come up with this plan we cannot even implement until the proper time that may never even be legal or applicable then...
just to avoid the muddy hands of the grave robbers taking my daughter's wealth...
give the money away to your children along the way, at least enough to avoid the tax ghouls....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Have you never heard of Roy Smalley III?
and ummm...decent shortstop? how many world series rings do you have?
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No one wants to live here either, and the taxes are very high. More tan yours, I suspect.
Let me guess you're a retired cop or firemen?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you were wrong &taking out of your butt when you said you paid sales tax on food in CA?
"What difference does it make?".....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall we were discussing the reason Bill Clinton was impeached.
Kenneth Starr had nothing to do with Bill Clinton using the office of President to obstruct justice in the sexual harassment case filed against him.
no we were not... we were discussing the waste of treasure on partisan political witch hunts...

do try to keep up, dear...

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No one wants to live here either, and the taxes are very high. More tan yours, I suspect.
The one thing that really helped Californians was the passing of Proposition 13 which rolled back and froze property values at the 1976 assessed value level and limited property tax increases on any given property to no more than 2% per year as long as the property is not sold. Once sold, the property is reassessed at 1% of the sale price.

Before that, property values were increasing so rapidly that one's home could be reassessed 50% to 100% in just one year and our property tax bills increased accordingly. Many people who had owned their homes for years were losing their homes because they couldn't afford the taxes based on the price their new neighbors paid for their home. At least now property owners know what their future property taxes are going to be and plan accordingly.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Afternoon, tea bag terrorists!
Just checking in before the latest fkn blizzard. You climate change denying azzholes have successfully moved the polar vortex to Chicago.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Olive Magadino wrote:
Lissen, shyte on a shingle, you've been abusing everybody with your sick, vile, perverted insults ... And now you ask for compassion???
Answer to your 1st question: Because you get what you give.
Even one of your fellow Conservatives called you out on your vile language.
You're psychotic.
Hey, this "truth serum" works pretty good.
Wonder if the good doc would give me a script! LOL!
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you admit, I can't help it then why bother trashing me?
You should feel compassion toward me. individuals who are compassionate toward their fellow humans(except toward the wealthy ones, of course)?
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Fergit the Truth Serum.

Try Drain Cleaner.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you get an estate attorney. There is absolutely no reason in hell for your "kids" to pay taxes on your estate if you plan ahead. ROTH IRAs were not created for that purpose.
so, one type of tax evasion is better than another......

the simple answer is death for the death tax.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min beyond the grave 97,818
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min wojar 176,779
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min Doug77 4,636
last post wins! (Apr '13) 48 min Concerned_American 320
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr bushi 49,259
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 555
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,630

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs