Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783464 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1096675 Mar 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Scott Walker Will Push Wisconsin State Legislature To Modify Voter ID Requirements
In a press release sent Tuesday, Wisconsin Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate called Walker's efforts "an unconstitutional attack" that would disproportionately impact racial minorities, veterans, students and seniors.
"Now, Scott Walker and Republicans in the legislature want to change the rules of the game with a special legislative session," Tate wrote. "That's because, without real support for his failed economic policies or his radical social agenda, Scott Walker knows that the only way he can win is by keeping more people at home on Election Day."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/scot...
The next legislative session, Mike Tate will get all the other kids to skip the state and hide out in Toronto with Rob Ford as a protest. They played this schoolyard game before, remember?

F*ck him and his "constitutionality" BS. He'll be sipping Daiquiris poolside with another wacko while his Komrades read their Red Books eating Caviar.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1096676 Mar 12, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it terrifying, and it speaks to improper training. It is happening way, way too often.
nothing to do with training, just with the police culture and the type of people who want to be cops.....

Lapeer, MI

#1096677 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like to dance?
new yawk is another Woodtick. They both love dancing on the graves of American patriots.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1096678 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Random thoughts...
Peer reviewed....means nothing to a Liberal...
Libreals get all their science from a politician...
Liberals get food from a politician...
Liberals don't work for anything...they vote for it..
If a progressive is pro-choice regarding abortion, does that mean they also agree people should be able to choose to have an assault weapon, what kind of light bulb they use in their house or whether they'd like to put their Social Security funds into a private retirement account?

Lapeer, MI

#1096679 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
does it bother anybody that the Chinese seem to have better intelligence capabilities than the US???...
or are we just focused like a laser on global warming???...
The Chinese can pinpoint the Magic Negro's Golf Cart anywhere on Earth and, using infrared technology, can tell if he's been BF-ed in the past half-hour.
new yawk

Brooklyn, NY

#1096680 Mar 12, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, right?
Probably only happens in Florida.
HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla - Hernando County deputies say a woman tried selling $100 worth of food stamps for $50 on Facebook.
Ashley McGinley, 23, is charged with one count of welfare fraud.
You're an idiot.
She sounds white? What kind of patriot are you?
new yawk

Brooklyn, NY

#1096681 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
does it bother anybody that the Chinese seem to have better intelligence capabilities than the US???...
I agree with you. I love Putin and the chinks.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1096682 Mar 12, 2014
I'm never far from wrong. And I'm never far from right.

Really think your posts "intimidate" me?

Every post you've written under the new yawk screen name has an agenda that it makes you more of a fool then what you already are, but also laughable.

AHaHaaHaaa ... "Mooslime" ... GTF Outta Here! You half-twit.
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, mooslime lover.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1096683 Mar 12, 2014
<quoted text>
I find it terrifying, and it speaks to improper training. It is happening way, way too often.
That's the way Obama has always operated; glad you have finally realized it!

Waukesha, WI

#1096684 Mar 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate change.

Make sure the bullshit term is politically correct.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1096685 Mar 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof of your transparent lies and willful ignorance, a typical demorat:
The Bush economy:
"Democrats like to claim the 1990s were a golden age while the Bush years have been disastrous. But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Bush inherited a recession. The dot-com bubble had burst in 2000, and the economy was sinking even before the shock of 9/11, the corporate scandals and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mr. Bush's original tax-cut proposal was designed in part as insurance against such a downturn."
"However, to win over Senate Democrats, Mr. Bush both phased in the tax rate reductions and settled for politically popular but economically feckless tax rebate checks. Those checks provided a short-term lift to consumer spending but no real boost to risk-taking or business investment, which was still recovering from the tech implosion. By late 2002, the economy was struggling again -- which is when Mr. Bush proposed his second round of tax cuts."
"This time the tax rate reductions were immediate, and they included cuts in capital gains and dividends designed to spur business incentives. As the tax cuts became law in late May 2003, the recovery began in earnest. Growth averaged nearly 4% over the next three years, the jobless rate fell from 6.3% in June 2003 to 4.4% in October 2006, and real wages began to grow despite rising food and energy prices. The 2003 tax cut was the high point of Bush economic policy."
"Nonetheless, the budget deficit did fall mid-decade, as tax revenues soared with the expansion. In fiscal 2007, the deficit hit $161 billion, or an economically trivial 1.2% of GDP. That seems like a distant memory after the bailout blowout of the last few months, but the point is that the Bush tax cuts aren't responsible for the deficits. Before the recession hit, federal tax revenues had climbed above their postwar average of 18.3% of GDP."
The WSJ
Where's the jobs, dingus?
Bush inherited a balanced budget.

You know,that thing you pretend American right whiners whack off about every night.

You had it.

What happened???

Bush decided to "give it back". He ran on "giving it back" & so you voted for it. He slashed revenues while going to war. Then he invented a second war. He & The Republicans passed a huge unfunded expansion to Medicare. In 2005, there was record unfunded earmark spending. Economy was fueled by runaway housing market that started to fadein 2006. The house of cards that Bush built collapsed into the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & we still has=d two quagmire wars.

This is what Obama inherited.

I find that when you f*cking morons blame Obama & give your own party a free pass that you look really ridiculous & anyone with a brain knows you are dumber than sh*t.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1096686 Mar 12, 2014
Yes, which is why the half-wit is using that name, new yawk, trying to get some devious action going.
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
new yawk is another Woodtick. They both love dancing on the graves of American patriots.
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1096687 Mar 12, 2014
Galt may be old but molesting young boys keeps him feeling young.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1096688 Mar 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Remember the look on his face when he went to Haiti with Bill Clinton? He was horrified and wiped his hands on Bills shirt!
Just like when Moochelle had the audacity to touch Queen Elizabeth. They are just ignorant!

Waukesha, WI

#1096689 Mar 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
She IS white. What's the problem? Are the libs claiming we only point out black crime?
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1096690 Mar 12, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
If a progressive is pro-choice regarding abortion, does that mean they also agree people should be able to choose to have an assault weapon, what kind of light bulb they use in their house or whether they'd like to put their Social Security funds into a private retirement account?
Jews run those light bulb factories.
John Galt

Los Angeles, CA

#1096691 Mar 12, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
I'm never far from wrong. And I'm never far from right.
Really think your posts "intimidate" me?
Every post you've written under the new yawk screen name has an agenda that it makes you more of a fool then what you already are, but also laughable.
AHaHaaHaaa ... "Mooslime" ... GTF Outta Here! You half-twit.
<quoted text>
That crazy fetch is a p-I-g
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1096692 Mar 12, 2014
Why do you cling to this name. I don't want it. Others know I'm not using it. You're agenda is in vain. Well, maybe you're just trying to get attention.

O retort, where is thy sting? LOL!
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Need help

Europe

#1096693 Mar 12, 2014
We, the people of Ukraine, need to help.We
dont want to live under decrees Russia.My
want to live in an independent Ukraine.Army of
Russia are on the border,the Crimea was
captured.Need money to buy tools of self-
defense of counter Russian invaders.All who
care, please help!
Numbers of Web-money purse:
wmz: Z294574902757
wmu: U131316025326

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1096694 Mar 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
List your proof Bush, all by himself caused the recession or shut your fat yap.
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
At President Clinton’s direction, no fewer than 10 federal agencies issued a chilling ultimatum to banks and mortgage lenders to ease credit for lower-income minorities or face investigations for lending discrimination and suffer the related adverse publicity. They also were threatened with denial of access to the all-important secondary mortgage market and stiff fines, along with other penalties.
The threat was codified in a 20-page “Policy Statement on Discrimination in Lending” and entered into the Federal Register on April 15, 1994, by the Interagency Task Force on Fair Lending. Clinton set up the little-known body to coordinate an unprecedented crackdown on alleged bank redlining.
The edict — completely overlooked by the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission and the mainstream media — was signed by then-HUD Secretary Henry Cisneros, Attorney General Janet Reno, Comptroller of the Currency Eugene Ludwig and Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, along with the heads of six other financial regulatory agencies.
According to you. if banks could discriminate, all would have been OK.

Banks lost in court & redlining was racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr The real Rudy 2,874
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 2 hr The real Rudy 141
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Justice Dale 243,599
Lonnie Montgomery 4 hr Smith 1
News Berwyn man charged with impersonating Secretary... 5 hr rico 2
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 5 hr rico 1,603
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr TheFartingClintone 64,852

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages