Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402996 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1095971 Mar 12, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>Well.. well..well.. if it isn't dem..of the DUHM fckn woefully EMPTY and INEPT heads partay.

I got a REAL bone to pick with some dem der EMPTY headed Fktards Dem.

Let me sharpen my TEETH a sec here....ya wouldn't mind if I tried them out on your representative FACE afterwards, would ya?

I'm in a REALLY bad mood today Dem...you might want to run and hide.
Let's talk this through. Take off your moo moo and let me see what we got.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1095972 Mar 12, 2014
we didn't build it....

Telecom Giants Drag Their Feet on Broadband for the Whole Country

"Can you stream me now?"

If the answer is no, you're probably going to be looking at the spinning wheel of death on your laptop for a very long time. After making a big, bold promise to wire every corner of America, the telecom giants are running away from their vow to provide nationwide broadband service by 2020. For almost 20 years, AT&T, Verizon and the other big players have collected hundreds of billions of dollars through rate increases and surcharges to finance that ambitious plan, but after wiring the high-density big cities, they now say it's too expensive to connect the rest of the country. But they'd like to keep all that money they banked for the project.

In 2010, the Federal Communications Commission announced the National Broadband Plan, which promised to provide 100 million American households with high-speed cable by 2020. Verizon has been expanding FiOS in major markets, and AT&T has been expanding its U-verse service. And now, instead of spending that war chest digging up streets and laying fiber cable, the cable and telephone companies have invested in a massive and very successful lobbying push. They are persuading state legislatures and regulatory boards to quietly adopt new rules—rules written by the telecoms—to eliminate their legal obligations to provide broadband service nationwide and replace landlines with wireless. This abrupt change in plans will leave vast areas of the country with poor service, slow telecommunications and higher bills.

This is good news if you own stock in Verizon, but very bad news if you have a small business that's not in a city already wired up.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/21/telecom-gi...

slowest speeds in the world, highest prices.

sometimes America is not so great.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1095973 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
He looks about 4'9"
Hmmmmm
Just made it.
How many food baskets could you provide your local food bank if you sold your Corvette?

You ever wondered that?
dem

United States

#1095974 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Envy...

“Envy is a hostile emotion, usually felt for our peers, when they have some object of attribute we want. It is characterized by a stronger desire for them to be deprived of the object/attribute than for us to acquire it ourselves, and motivates us to act even if depriving them means losing something ourselves as well.

Envy had a tendency to disguise itself as moral indignation, or some disinterested desire for justice or equality, but in fact it is never a moral emotion, as the invidious hostility blinds the patient to the targets true deserts.“

Sanders, E.(2014).‘ Envy & Jealousy in Classical Athens: A Socio-Psychological Approach’. Oxfard Press : New York.
Says the tea bag moron that is hysterical about liberals being "richer and smarter" than him.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1095975 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a fennel seed under your dental bridge?
And it's ever so SLIGHTLY SORE.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1095976 Mar 12, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of us aren't afraid to die if our time has come.
You miss the point. Evil prevails when good men do nothing. It's not about you or me.
And what did George W do when he was warned of an imminent attack on this country?
NOTHING!
dem

United States

#1095977 Mar 12, 2014
Flo is hunting bear today.
Drop your dentures in coffee and get fired?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1095978 Mar 12, 2014
FOX comedian says.....

O'Reilly Slams Obama's 'Ferns' Spot: Lincoln Wouldn't Do Comedy!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/bill-or...

damn Bill, that's pretty funny!
dem

United States

#1095979 Mar 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>How many food baskets could you provide your local food bank if you sold your Corvette?

You ever wondered that?
How many dks are in a bag of dks, lady?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1095980 Mar 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
As stupid as you are dumb:
List of Christian thinkers in science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_think... ;
Wikipedia
His criticism of Aristotelian physics was important to Medieval science.... childhood, he was a Benedictine monk who composed famous Marian antiphons and ...
&#8206;313–1000 AD (4th–10th centuries)- &#8206;1001–1200 AD (11th and 12th ...
List of Roman Catholic cleric–scientists - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_... –scientists&#8206;
Wikipedia
The Jesuits have been described as "the single most important contributor to experimental physics in the ... Gregor Mendel, Augustinian monk and geneticist.
Famous Scientists Who Believed in God
www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefait... ;
Dec 8, 2011 - Most famous scientists of the past have had faith in God. These ... his Origin of Species) in the garden of the Monastery in which he was a monk.
Gregor Mendel: A Monk and His Peas | Genetics | LiveScience
www.livescience.com/7537-monk-peas-changed-wo... ;
LiveScience
Jun 5, 2008 - Mendel conducted his famous experiment at the Abbey of St. Thomas in what ... The monk's relative obscurity in scientific circles meant that few ...
My favorite
Giordano Bruno - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno&#820... ;
Wikipedia
Rome, Papal States, in present-day Italy ... Some scholars write that Bruno's ideas about the universe played a small role in .... But in keeping with his personality he could not long remain silent..... to the Aristotelian geocentric view that the earth was the center of the universe, and that all heavenly bodies revolved around it.
"As stupid as you are dumb"??? Yeah, your as repetitive as you are redundant, Loser. I think it's time for you to change identities again, not that it would matter.
dem

United States

#1095981 Mar 12, 2014
The little old Okie is gonna try his luck again today. Third grade diploma in hand.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1095982 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thorn in the paw?
that's rubbing everything else around it Raw..
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1095983 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You could use a Russian bride? Right?
Come on dem, we don't hate the Russians bad enough to give one to Flake. Actually they have some very foxey women over there. I'm sure old DB got himself a Walrus though.
dem

United States

#1095984 Mar 12, 2014
The baggers think cause I do the lords work on topix that I have taken a vow of poverty or something.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1095985 Mar 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It has more to do with Obama surrendering to Al Qaeda and being an ignorant buffoon.
The world also knows Obama is a pathological lying fraud.
Next question?
Okay, here's the next question:
Watch this and tell us if your hero, Andrew Napolitano, is still your pick for the next President of the United States of America.(Notice the kiss he gives to Jon Stewart on the Daily Show.)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-march-1...

Follow up question:
Explain why Napolitano is NOT an "ignorant buffoon" and Obama is.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1095986 Mar 12, 2014
Dry spells are not caused by man....

in the NYTs....

"The answer is this: At present, the scientific evidence does not support an argument that the drought there is appreciably linked to human-induced climate change.

The drought has many attributes of historical droughts over that region — in particular, a lack of storms and rainfall that would normally arrive from the Pacific Ocean with considerable frequency. It resembles the droughts that afflicted the state in 1976 and 1977. Those years were at least as dry as the last two years have been for the state as a whole."

about the author...
'Martin P. Hoerling is a research meteorologist, specializing in climate dynamics, at the Earth System Research Laboratory of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/09/opinion/sun...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1095987 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's talk this through. Take off your moo moo and let me see what we got.
You don't want that- TRUST me on that one DUHMBO.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1095988 Mar 12, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the tea bag moron that is hysterical about liberals being "richer and smarter" than him.
Sell your gas guzzling carbon emitting sports car and feed your neighbors!
dem

United States

#1095989 Mar 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
we didn't build it....

Telecom Giants Drag Their Feet on Broadband for the Whole Country

"Can you stream me now?"

If the answer is no, you're probably going to be looking at the spinning wheel of death on your laptop for a very long time. After making a big, bold promise to wire every corner of America, the telecom giants are running away from their vow to provide nationwide broadband service by 2020. For almost 20 years, AT&T, Verizon and the other big players have collected hundreds of billions of dollars through rate increases and surcharges to finance that ambitious plan, but after wiring the high-density big cities, they now say it's too expensive to connect the rest of the country. But they'd like to keep all that money they banked for the project.

In 2010, the Federal Communications Commission announced the National Broadband Plan, which promised to provide 100 million American households with high-speed cable by 2020. Verizon has been expanding FiOS in major markets, and AT&T has been expanding its U-verse service. And now, instead of spending that war chest digging up streets and laying fiber cable, the cable and telephone companies have invested in a massive and very successful lobbying push. They are persuading state legislatures and regulatory boards to quietly adopt new rules—rules written by the telecoms—to eliminate their legal obligations to provide broadband service nationwide and replace landlines with wireless. This abrupt change in plans will leave vast areas of the country with poor service, slow telecommunications and higher bills.

This is good news if you own stock in Verizon, but very bad news if you have a small business that's not in a city already wired up.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/21/telecom-gi...

slowest speeds in the world, highest prices.

sometimes America is not so great.
AT&T didn't offer Internet service in Chicago 5 years ago. Stone Age.
dem

United States

#1095990 Mar 12, 2014
Home Internet service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Dr Guru 219,266
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,820
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 3 hr dragoneye82 35
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 6,544
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2,841
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 6 hr Joe Balls 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr CrunchyBacon 103,111

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages