Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1093749 Mar 8, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they will, and left whiners will insist it was the result of a spontaneous demonstration and accuse Republicans of being racist for suggesting otherwise..
Eman lays down cover for his racist buddies that post here.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1093750 Mar 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be concerned the federal government is becoming too big and powerful and therefor, corrupt someday. You can play that party thing all you want. They both expand the scope and reach of government.
So what scares you more? Bigger military and defense contractors? Or bigger social programs?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1093751 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he didn't have his full security detail? i have not heard this before. are you sure about this?
the CIA base would be there to gather intel about the situation and multiple groups there in Libya...that doesn't see to be unclear or part of anything questioned.
Hah, he had Scott Strickland and perhaps another unnamed State Department special agent. Glen Doherty came in later on a Libyan plane__after the consulate attack but before the CIA annex attack where he died. Doherty's group was stranded at the airport without ground transportation for a while and arrived at the CIA annex just before it was mortared.

Just after daylight, the deceased's bodies along with about 30 personnel from the CIA base were evacuated to the airport and then out of the country.

It was a clusterfk.

The consulate was being used to provide cover for the CIA base (annex) but there are many missing details. Too many to hold congressional hearings.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Yellowknife NT

#1093752 Mar 8, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreeing with you some people who scam the government would vote for Romney even though they're part of the 47%. You can be disagreeable even when someone agrees with you.
I notice the same thing with him that you notice.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1093753 Mar 8, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You know good and well, we as a society separate alcohol and drugs when talking about drug abuse. Just like we like to separate coffee use and drug abuse. You are fooling no one.
Since you like that study so much, please post a direct link to it. TIA
A drug is a drug is a drug son.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1093754 Mar 8, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice the same thing with him that you notice.
oh dear, you don't even notice night coming on...

St. Croix valley

#1093755 Mar 8, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, he had Scott Strickland and perhaps another unnamed State Department special agent. Glen Doherty came in later on a Libyan plane__after the consulate attack but before the CIA annex attack where he died. Doherty's group was stranded at the airport without ground transportation for a while and arrived at the CIA annex just before it was mortared.
Just after daylight, the deceased's bodies along with about 30 personnel from the CIA base were evacuated to the airport and then out of the country.
It was a clusterfk.
The consulate was being used to provide cover for the CIA base (annex) but there are many missing details. Too many to hold congressional hearings.
and that had what to do with anything we are talking about? how did the consulate cover for the CIA base? you aren't even making sense.

was he there without his full security detail or not...you said he was...any truth to that or just something you heard on some am radio call in show?

St. Croix valley

#1093757 Mar 8, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You know good and well, we as a society separate alcohol and drugs when talking about drug abuse. Just like we like to separate coffee use and drug abuse. You are fooling no one.
Since you like that study so much, please post a direct link to it. TIA
no not us sane ones..drug addiction was the topic, dear. and drub addiction includes alcohol addiction.

you can backpeddle all you want...you're still going over the falls.

St. Croix valley

#1093758 Mar 8, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just conversing, you're doing all my "proving" for me.
yes, i am proving you cannot converse rationally or stick to a topic thread...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1093759 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would anyone know that? there seems to be no evidence of such...
you seem to be the one that needs to get up to speed. your 'info' did nothing to that end for anyone and didn't have any relevance to any topic here....
Because I read his posts. Why do you think he questions why Stevens was there without his security detail?

If you don't believe me, just ask him yourself.

This is my take on it. Just an armchair quarterback opinion. Stevens at some point brokered an arms deal between the US and the Libyan rebels. Those weapons got into the wrong hands, Stevens and the CIA were in Benghazi to try and get those weapons back, or at least find out where they were. The CIA was using the annex as an "detention center" for people who might have that information.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1093760 Mar 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Eman lays down cover for his racist buddies that post here.
Yeah, that's the ticket. Or, I was lampooning the tendency for liberals to call everyone who disagrees with them racists. Take your pick.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1093761 Mar 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>A drug is a drug is a drug son.
Brilliant! When did they ask you to join Mensa?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1093762 Mar 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So what scares you more? Bigger military and defense contractors? Or bigger social programs?
Why use the word scare? But, I see you understand my point though.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1093763 Mar 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama cited his mom's deathbed fight with her insurer several times over the years to support the Obamacare ban on pre-existing condition exclusions by insurers. During a 2008 debate, he shared her plight: "For my mother to die of cancer at the age of 53 and have to spend the last months of her life in the hospital room arguing with insurance companies because they're saying that this may be a pre-existing condition and they don't have to pay her treatment, there's something fundamentally wrong about that."
But New York Times reporter Janny Scott discovered that Dunham's health insurer had in fact reimbursed her medical expenses with nary an objection. The actual coverage dispute centered on a separate disability insurance policy.
(lie...cheat...steal...whateve r...)
"If you like your insurance, you can keep it, if you like your doctor, you......"

The racist pig lies. What else is new?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1093764 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no not us sane ones..drug addiction was the topic, dear. and drub addiction includes alcohol addiction.
you can backpeddle all you want...you're still going over the falls.
"Drug addiction is a dependence on an illegal drug or a medication. "
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions...

You're boring me.

Lapeer, MI

#1093765 Mar 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Protracted decline"? No president was as instrumental in this country's protracted decline as Bush!!
The Fat Lady is singing right now.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1093766 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that had what to do with anything we are talking about? how did the consulate cover for the CIA base? you aren't even making sense.
was he there without his full security detail or not...you said he was...any truth to that or just something you heard on some am radio call in show?
Can I say "I told you so"?

Not asking you, tick.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1093767 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i am proving you cannot converse rationally or stick to a topic thread...
Hey, it's your story. Tell it any way you want to.

Lapeer, MI

#1093768 Mar 8, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Respect for the flag, the nation, the people, is taken for granted by most Americans. But the lack of respect, whenever one encounters it, is pretty damned obvious. There's not a country on this planet that will respect us when our President has no "r-s-p-e-c-t" for us.
Even the Kenyan Bushmen know how many States there are in the United States.

No hope with dope.

St. Croix valley

#1093769 Mar 8, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I read his posts. Why do you think he questions why Stevens was there without his security detail?
If you don't believe me, just ask him yourself.
This is my take on it. Just an armchair quarterback opinion. Stevens at some point brokered an arms deal between the US and the Libyan rebels. Those weapons got into the wrong hands, Stevens and the CIA were in Benghazi to try and get those weapons back, or at least find out where they were. The CIA was using the annex as an "detention center" for people who might have that information.
which security detail is that? he had security with him...you seem to be making assumptions that are based on speculation or false information.

why would the ambassador be doing that? wouldn't a CIA personnel do that? your theory makes no sense.

par for the course, i guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 35 min Red_Forman 5,207
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 43 min Red_Forman 865
No one works in 1 of 5 families in the USA. 54 min Entitlements 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Analog man 5,920
Cartel-like warnings hanging mannequins found o... (May '14) 1 hr Tina 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr OzRitz 52,900
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Guru 187,432
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]