Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580103 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1094854 Mar 10, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more than enough money to fund the country if a**holes like you would stop giving it away in order to get votes and stay in power.
You're either too stupid to understand your leftist party survives ONLY because of handouts to government dependents, or you understand but are too stupid to see the harm it's doing to small business owners and middle class tax payers.
Cut off all programs to the poor & see how small business owners survive.

I love it when you right whiners think only Democratic voters get welfare, food stamps, etc.

How you think that 47% only votes Democrat.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1094855 Mar 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Actually If it was up to me there would be a lot of 'for sale or lease' signs in Washington D. C. If you can't pay for the government with the money you have, cut the government till you can. Here this is one way to do it!
$0.20 sales tax.$0.12 local,$0.05 state, and $0.03 federal. Period. No other taxes!!! NONE!!!!!
Fair Tax people claim they need 30% for federal

PA has a 6% sales tax & It does not pay for the entire state government.
Drag Ula

Thailand

#1094856 Mar 10, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more than enough money to fund the country if a**holes like you would stop giving it away in order to get votes and stay in power.
You're either too stupid to understand your leftist party survives ONLY because of handouts to government dependents, or you understand but are too stupid to see the harm it's doing to small business owners and middle class tax payers.
That would obviously depend on what "funding the country" actually meant in a very specific way, wouldn't it? Take these two most recent "wars" of yours, for instance. Not only did you not need to prosecute them, you lost them both at TREMENDOUS short and long-term cost to "the country." Did I miss anything there? I don't think the American people shoul be in the business of rewarding losers, do you?

You see, here's where 16 and I have a trifling disagreement in an otherwise nearly perfect relationship. She feels, quite rightly too I suppose, that if Federal expenditures involve either the military or the nation's infrastructure - no matter HOW dumb or wasteful or pointless the bill - that we are duty bound as citizens to pony up. I take the position that if I can't drown it in a bathtub, then I don't want it. So what to do with our two divergent viewpoints. I have an idea! How about I go first with my proposed solution and then we regroup back here and see where we are after they're all dead? Right... back to work, people...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1094857 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no missile launch by a Chinese submarine off our west coast.
What was it? Russia says it was a Chinese submarine. But, Russia also told us about those Islamist terrorists that bombed the Boston Marathon that we couldn't identify with a hundred photos of them for four days. So, I guess Russia doesn't have any credibility with you.
You speak as if you have some very confidential inside information, like you had when you claimed to have convinced the foreign governments of the countries where the Special Purpose Vehicles were located to force those Special Purpose Vehicles to open their books for your inspection so you could make the ludicrous statements about the CRA not collapsing our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.
(I forget what the other subjects were that you claimed to know something nobody else on Earth knows.)

Let's review:
Watch the video and you tell us what you think it is.
It looks like a rocket rising from the sea to me. What does it look like to you?
I think all "expert" comments concluded the jet contrail explanation is hooey. I didn't see any "experts" say it was aliens leaving Earth to go back to the mother ship. And, it looks exactly like videos of US submarine ballastic missile tests, except the first D5 test that failed near Puerto Rico, which sought a horizontal path as soon as the rocket motors ignited, which means we have a video of a ICBM being launched and taking a horizontal path to compare it with.
This was a submarine ICBM launch.
Who are the only countries capable of launching an ICBM from a submarine? US, Russia, UK and China. Russia seems unlikely. UK seems unlikely. This administration may have been so incompetent it tested an ICBM right off of Malibu Beach.
The Russians tracked the rocket launch off the Oregon coast. I think if the Russians can track a rocket launch off the Oregon coast from Kamchatka, we can track it from here.
Let's review.
"As the Pentagon and their US mainstream media covered up the 10 November 2010 China missile launch, this MoD (Ministry of Defense) report continues, they have likewise labeled the 30 October missile launch as a fireball-meteor and the 20 November one as ‘maybe’ another fireball-meteor or contrail.
Important to note, Russian intelligence analysts in this report say, was that China warned the US about its planned 30 October launch test when on Sunday 27 October the world was given a rare glimpse into China's nuclear-powered submarine fleet, with State-owned media carrying extensive coverage of the previously mysterious strategic deterrence force."
China shows it's ICBM fleet to the world, then shows it to us up close.
You people really need to read mor than your propaganda bullshit.
Drag Ula

Thailand

#1094858 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners think only Democratic voters get welfare, food stamps, etc.
Please bear in mind that approximately 40% of ALLLLL american small business is owned by foreign nationals - this is a fact. Destroying small business on a, sort of, blanket basis eliminates a number of birds with one stone if you think about it? But, in any event, if small business has to go, then so, in fairness, does big business. We will all have to just learn to get along without Sam's Club after all, but it's a small price to pay for ultimate freedom from our chinee overlords.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094859 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You never miss a chance to slander the US Armed Forces. Old habits are hard to break.
If there is someone in the government helping the Chinese like we obviously have helping the Islamist terrorists, then it is easy to evade the detection system.
The most secret things those departments do is help the enemies of the United States.
Let's see if you can force yourself to accept the facts of history and not slander the Armed Forces of the United States with lies.
Are you ready?
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Commend our Armed Forces for their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated in hatred of the US Armed Forces, you aren't able to accept obvious facts, like ... Missiion Accomplished.
You're still the same treasonous reservist fraud you were 40 years ago when you joined Kerry and slandered veterans with lies.
Are you still pissed because they wouldn't let you have your homo parade through the barracks?
You are truly retarded, after all these years you still are clueless. You interested in you and I comparing our military records. There is no way an idiot like you could ever get into any branch of our military, other than perhaps as a test dummy.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1094860 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair Tax people claim they need 30% for federal
PA has a 6% sales tax & It does not pay for the entire state government.
Did someone say "fair tax"?

The only fair tax is a tax that EVERYONE pays their fair share. A flat tax. No exemptions. No exceptions. No excuses.
A crackwhore gets ten dollars, she coughs up a buck fifty or so to the government, like everyone else does.
When EVERYONE has to pay for the cost of government, we'll stop sending idiots that are so incompetent they can't even generate a budget to Washington.

Yup. No exemptions. No exceptions. No excuses. Everyone pays the same portion of their earnings. Everyone suffers equally.
...(now comes your usual Marxist party line bullshit)

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1094861 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about cutting out ¨all¨ programs to the poor, liar?

All you morons do is keep promising more handouts to more people.

Your vision of America is baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and food stamps.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1094862 Mar 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are truly retarded, after all these years you still are clueless. You interested in you and I comparing our military records. There is no way an idiot like you could ever get into any branch of our military, other than perhaps as a test dummy.
I knew you are incapable of complimenting the Armed Forces of the United States. You are so indoctrinated in hatred of the Armed Forces, you are incapable of accepting the facts of history.

Shall we put that to the test again?

Let's see if you can force yourself to accept the facts of history and not slander the Armed Forces of the United States with lies.

Are you ready?

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Mission accomplished.

I'm betting you're so indoctrinated in hatred of the US Armed Forces, you aren't able to accept obvious facts, like ... Missiion Accomplished.
You're still the same treasonous reservist fraud you were 40 years ago when you joined Kerry and slandered veterans with lies.
Are you still pissed because they wouldn't let you have your homo parade through the barracks?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1094863 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what if the people of Crimea want to be part of Russia? don't they have that right?
"woodendick000
Wouldn't the millions of illegal Mexicans currently residing in Southern California want to be part of Mexico?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Drag Ula

Thailand

#1094865 Mar 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Q: So how do you know when a liberal moron has lost it?
A: Actually, these days it's obvious all liberals have lost it. Just read your childish posts.
I beg your pardon? Your Honor, members of the jury, I call your attention to the defendant's nom de plume: Buroc Millhouse Obama. Could someone please explain to me how this is NOT "childish" but MY patriotic derision towards the dastardly infiltration of our great nation by the importers of literally HEAPS of Russian war brides, camp followers, and chinee girl-babies, is??? Fowl, sir, I cry fowl!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1094866 Mar 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let"s take a look at your stupidity.

Candidate One: "I'm going to take your food stamps away from you."
Candidate Two: "I'm going to take everything away from people not getting food stamps and give it to people getting food stamps."

Voter getting food stamps: "I just can't decide who I'm voting for." ROFLMAO.

Everyone not paying income taxes knows to solve the problem they will have to pay income taxes. They will vote for the person that won't make them pay income taxes. That's not the Republican. The Republican is telling them EVERYONE has to be patriotic and pay their fair share of taxes.

You're an idiot.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1094869 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you are incapable of complimenting the Armed Forces of the United States. You are so indoctrinated in hatred of the Armed Forces, you are incapable of accepting the facts of history.
Shall we put that to the test again?
Are you ready?
Mission accomplished.
Mission accomplished.
I know you are incapable of complimenting the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. You are so indoctrinated in hatred of American government that you are incapable of accepting the facts of history.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1094870 Mar 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't write the budget, dummy.
he sure knows how to spend it...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1094871 Mar 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a homo reservist that got thrown out. You don't have a military record. You were one of the frauds pretending to be a Vietnam veteran that joined Kerry and slandered real veterans with lies.
Let's give you that test again and see if you can control yourself and not slander veterans with lies.

Mission accomplished.
Compliment the Armed Forces of the United States on their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.

I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you can't even acknowledge obvious facts of history.
Mission accomplished, moron. Post it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094872 Mar 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You baggers that never served our country are an embarrassment.
Don't lie to us.

Stupid people can't be embarrassed.

Lapeer, MI

#1094873 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough question. Historically, Crimea has always been Russian. It only became part of Ukraine when Kruschev, a Ukrainian, authorized it. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Russia and Ukraine agreed that Crimea would remain part of Ukraine, with certain provisions, like Sevastopol would always remain the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, for one example.
The problem will come when the Odessa and Kharkiv regions want to join Crimea and become part of Russia, also. Again, historically, Odessa and Kharkiv have always been aligned with Russia.
The only question is, do the Russians have further ambitions, or will they be content to take into their possession areas that have always been Russian?
Let's apply the rule of history. When there is no opposition, stronger nations expanded and consumed weaker nations. Does that lesson in history apply here?
You can be certain that with the United States being as weak as Obama has made us, there will be no opposition to any country that does have the intent to expand into weaker countries.
The village idiot could have told you that a weak United States would destabilize the world when the Democrats were promoting the United States was too powerful and needed to be made weak.
Now, we are what you wanted us to be, and the world is about to explode.
Do you think China will invade Taiwan soon, and take those Islands that belong to Japan they've been claiming as theirs?
Who will stop them if they try?
Who will stop them if they try?

Certainly not the Boy-In-Chief.
NuculurGhostOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1094874 Mar 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
"clueless"? Did you really utter, "clueless"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
Your Honor

Dallas, TX

#1094875 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let"s take a look at your stupidity.
Candidate One: "I'm going to take your food stamps away from you."
Candidate Two: "I'm going to take everything away from people not getting food stamps and give it to people getting food stamps."
Voter getting food stamps: "I just can't decide who I'm voting for." ROFLMAO.
Everyone not paying income taxes knows to solve the problem they will have to pay income taxes. They will vote for the person that won't make them pay income taxes. That's not the Republican. The Republican is telling them EVERYONE has to be patriotic and pay their fair share of taxes.
You're an idiot.
Um... no. Nope... nada... Let's not take a look at anything you suggest anymore for the simple reason that you are clearly unable to see any but the one permutation yourself.... Yes... I like the way that sounds.. the double meaning... nice... Did you see where I got a gold star back there?... I'm betting that means I get to sleep over at the teacher's house pretty soon... maybe in the garage apartment.... she's very frugal with her stars I've noticed... particularly when it involves consorting with... me... alas!

Lapeer, MI

#1094876 Mar 10, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you talking about, I never mentioned about who should be the have's and the have not's . I was responding to a post that was critical of the Hollywood elite having political positions opposed to your own but were branded as not genuine because their pockets are full. Like Al Gore not being credible because he doesn't live in a tree house. But Donald Trump commands respect with birther crap because he owns a chain of hotels. That is the logic you guys use. The whole point made about tax evasion as big business in the big end of town was ignored. Your GOP contributed to allowing that to happen, especially during the Reagan years and the Democrats are not blameless either. But Joe the plumber can't afford to have a lobby group based in Washington speaking on his behalf where as Big business always has. So as soon as Obama opens his mouth about who needs to pay more taxes you guys come out declaring it's an attack on the wealthy. How moronic is that! especially when the most obvious fact that concentrated wealth will always mean the food stamp line gets longer. You still haven't figured that out yet!
Hee, Hee, Hee.

More of the same. "Big Business"...."Your GOP"..."the Reagan years"...

OK, Michael MORE!

Hypocrite extraordinaire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Alyssa76 11,168
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Alyssa76 3,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Beams 63,943
News Mayor Emanuel, City of Chicago File Federal Law... 3 hr spud 93
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 8 hr Sojourner UNtruth 14
Trump Twilight Zone 10 hr ROD b Conservative 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages