Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1568173 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1094688 Mar 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
learn to read....and open a link before you open your mouth....
my link is from 2007.....
You really think I would waste my time opening one of your insanity links??

2007?? Ancient history, back whenBush had a veto pen. Why didn't he use it??

Bush was President in 2007. He's a progressive??

You lose again, Killtaker.

Losing is what you're all about. That and stupidity.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094689 Mar 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutjob Ghost for sure
obviously, talking to himself.....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1094690 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> the fact that we are not weaker...teh world thought we were much weaker about six years ago...but we have recovered from that opinion/plague...
Actually, the world thought we were TOO strong six years ago - and regretting it now.

A stronger USA is a safer world for countries who are not as militarily strong. They just don't like having to admit it.

During the Iranian uprising, the protesting students called out to the USA for help and support. It took nine days for this president to even address the issue.

The Ukrainians as well specifically called on the USA for support.

When Iran succeeds in hoodwinking the USA, Britain, France and Germany – Russia and China doesn't care if they do or not - France and Germany along with Israel and other countries will be longing for a stronger USA too.

Peace through strength. Reagan had it right. Obama thinks we have to be friends with our enemies and all will be well.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1094691 Mar 10, 2014
Who cares about poor people????

We have....A

Wrecked economy...

$17 trillion in debt...

...and...

50 million living in food deserts...

yet Progressives found $3,421,605 lying around to spend on Mexican Spotted Owls!..

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...

NOTE: I bet the mice in that neighborhood are p'OD.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1094693 Mar 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>
Hampton Roads -- made up of the cities of Newport News, Hampton, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake -- is the east coast epicenter of military activity.
Along with a huge Navy footprint the region hosts major Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard facilities. As a result the area is extremely "military friendly" in all respects.
Welcome to Hampton Roads.
Stupid fcuk!!!!
NAVY
Naval Station Norfolk
Naval Air Station Oceana
Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Norfolk Naval Shipyard
Dam Neck Annex
Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story
Northwest Annex
Yorktown Weapons Station
Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads
Cheatham Annex
ARMY
Fort Eustis
Fort Story
AIR FORCE
Langley Air Force Base
MARINE CORPS
US Marine Corps Forces Command
COAST GUARD
US Coast Guard 5th Atlantic Fleet
U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Yorktown
U.S. Coast Guard Finance Center
U.S. Coast Guard Command & Control Engineering Center
U.S. Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City
DOD
NASA Langley Research Center
Joint Forces Staff College
Defense Link
Joint Warfighting Center (JWFC)
By the way this list is incomplete. I can think of at least 5 that are not on it.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1094694 Mar 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Last I checked, those 'southern states' were bought by the federal government before they became states.
Sounds more like theft on their part to me son.
How does a government created by states states, buy states? They had no western boundary at the time. Are you thinking of the Louisiana Purchase, Midwest?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094695 Mar 10, 2014
A “League of Democracies” Is Still a Terrible Idea

John Yoo uses the current debate over Ukraine as an excuse to revive one of the more foolish ideas of this century, the League or “Concert” of Democracies:

The U.S. cannot alter the United Nations Charter on its own. But it can join with its NATO allies to establish a true international alliance to defend the peace and simply ignore the U.N.’s paralysis. A Concert of Democracies could coordinate the use of force by the U.S., NATO, and their Asian allies to prevent great harms to global welfare and stability.

In practice, this mission of “preventing” great harm would mean that the U.S. and its allies routinely ignore international law just as blatantly as Russia has done in the last few weeks. I doubt very much that there would be many takers for this idea among our European and Asian allies, since they are normally not looking for a way to get into new wars without U.N. authorization. There would be a significant number large democracies that would want nothing to do with this, since they don’t share the obsession with interfering in other states’ internal affairs. The U.S. ignores international law and the U.N. Charter often enough as it is, but forming an institution for the explicit purpose of evading the requirements of both would thoroughly discredit U.S. actions in most other countries. It would be quite useful to the Russian and Chinese governments to have a permanent “coalition of the willing” waging illegal wars around the world, since they would use them to dismiss all Western criticisms of their actions and cite them as excuses for their own behavior.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Location hidden

#1094696 Mar 10, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>The left has been waging a cultural war for the last plus fifty years and with the help of the media and Hollywierd has won the battle to blame the US for the world's problems.
And white guilt inspired by the same left leaning media's message is also responsible for the affirmative action crusade that has killed common sense, personal responsibility and elected Obama, the Failure-in-Chief twice.
Agree with you about affirmative action but have to add political correctness as an accomplice to the killing of common sense.

I miss common sense more than anything. People once took pride in having "plain old common 'horse sense'".

The PC police no longer allow it and will punish anyone who exercises it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094697 Mar 10, 2014
Called Out: Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates Nails Fox For Obama Hypocrisy

FOX “news” is known for a lot of things. News, honesty, integrity, and dignity are not among them. Whether it’s repeated lies about Obamacare, their distortions of history, or the Benghazi Chorus, they hammer President Obama any chance they get. Last Sunday, Chris Wallace sat down with former Defense Secretary Robert Gates and attempted to get Gates to join in the Obama bashing – attempted being the keyword.

http://aattp.org/called-out-former-defense-se...

Gates also scored a shot against the Chickenhawks and their “Obama is showing weakness by not starting World War III” rhetoric, in saying,“My own view is that, after all, Putin invaded Georgia when George W. Bush was president. Nobody ever accused George W. Bush of being weak or unwilling to use military force.”
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1094698 Mar 10, 2014
Who cares about poor people????

We have....A

Wrecked economy...

$17 trillion in debt...

...and...

50 million living in food deserts...

yet Progressives found $3,292,628 lying around to spend on Marbled
Murrelets in CA & WA!..

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...

Location hidden

#1094699 Mar 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the world thought we were TOO strong six years ago - and regretting it now.
A stronger USA is a safer world for countries who are not as militarily strong. They just don't like having to admit it.
During the Iranian uprising, the protesting students called out to the USA for help and support. It took nine days for this president to even address the issue.
When Iran succeeds in hoodwinking the USA, Britain, France and Germany – Russia and China doesn't care if they do or not - France and Germany along with Israel and other countries will be longing for a stronger USA too.
Peace through strength. Reagan had it right. Obama thinks we have to be friends with our enemies and all will be well.
We're broke. Bush borrowed the money to fight in Iraq from China. And he surrendered to the Iraqi's, that made America look real strong, right??

We're terribly in debt and you call for more military spending.

You're as crazy as ever, Carol.

why did you change your name already?? Ashamed of how many posts you put up is my guess. Your Lois Lame character had thousands in mere months.

Get a life. Give up cigarettes and go out and walk.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1094700 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my facts are correct, if you could have countered them you already would have...right? right.
thanx for losing...
The "fact" is you think your "opinions" are facts, lying moron.

Location hidden

#1094701 Mar 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with you about affirmative action but have to add political correctness as an accomplice to the killing of common sense.
I miss common sense more than anything. People once took pride in having "plain old common 'horse sense'".
The PC police no longer allow it and will punish anyone who exercises it.
Funny to see a cigarette addict speak of 'plain old common sense'.

When are you going to get some??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094702 Mar 10, 2014
It was just thirteen years ago that America, under a Republican thug, launched a pre-emptive attack and invasion of a sovereign nation halfway around the globe to protect America’s interests; sadly American forces are still fighting in Afghanistan. Barely two years later, thug George W. Bush and his criminal administration lied to Americans, the United Nations, and the world to launch another pre-emptive invasion into another sovereign nation that the Bush administration claimed was to defend America’s interests as well as ferret out weapons of mass destruction that Bush, Cheney, and neo-con warmongers knew full well were non-existent. In both cases, neither Iraq nor Afghanistan attacked America or threatened its interests in the region or on American soil; a terrorist organization, al Qaeda, planned and carried out the attacks on America on 9/11.

Why then, after protestors in Ukraine pressured its president to flee resulting in chaos and instability in such close proximity to Russia have Republicans criticized Putin as a thug and demanded that President Obama take action to confront Russia for threatening to do what George W. Bush and America did on two separate occasions just little over a decade ago? Obviously, it is because they are hypocrites and regard America’s imperialistic tendencies under a Republican president the unquestionable privilege of an exceptional nation because they love wars.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/08/republ...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1094703 Mar 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think I would waste my time opening one of your insanity links??
2007?? Ancient history, back whenBush had a veto pen. Why didn't he use it??
Bush was President in 2007. He's a progressive??
You lose again, Killtaker.
Losing is what you're all about. That and stupidity.
Look dummy,
don't respond to me...ok?

I'll do my thing, which is framing my argument, and you go and clean toilets...OK?

Location hidden

#1094704 Mar 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks anyway a**hole. I'm not going anywhere.
I know I'm right when you lame operatives attack me instead of what I say. Parasite!!
Funny, it's the lies you told that are being attacked.

Try and keep up, meathead!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094705 Mar 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
A “League of Democracies” Is Still a Terrible Idea
John Yoo uses the current debate over Ukraine as an excuse to revive one of the more foolish ideas of this century, the League or “Concert” of Democracies:
The U.S. cannot alter the United Nations Charter on its own. But it can join with its NATO allies to establish a true international alliance to defend the peace and simply ignore the U.N.’s paralysis. A Concert of Democracies could coordinate the use of force by the U.S., NATO, and their Asian allies to prevent great harms to global welfare and stability.
In practice, this mission of “preventing” great harm would mean that the U.S. and its allies routinely ignore international law just as blatantly as Russia has done in the last few weeks. I doubt very much that there would be many takers for this idea among our European and Asian allies, since they are normally not looking for a way to get into new wars without U.N. authorization. There would be a significant number large democracies that would want nothing to do with this, since they don’t share the obsession with interfering in other states’ internal affairs. The U.S. ignores international law and the U.N. Charter often enough as it is, but forming an institution for the explicit purpose of evading the requirements of both would thoroughly discredit U.S. actions in most other countries. It would be quite useful to the Russian and Chinese governments to have a permanent “coalition of the willing” waging illegal wars around the world, since they would use them to dismiss all Western criticisms of their actions and cite them as excuses for their own behavior.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
www.theamericanconservative.com

phony leftwing site....

ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

#1094706 Mar 10, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As Dweeb has said, all spending originates in the House of Representatives.
Seeing as how the Repugnants have run the House since 2011, you look pretty stupid blaming stuff on progressives, when it's conservatives in charge of the purse strings. LOL
You folks are just ssooooo stupid!!
Maybe you know what's going on with Obamacare. Is the deadline still three weeks away? Did just those with employer-based insurance get a reprieve until 2017? Do all employers have to abide by that reprieve? Will people still lose their employer-based insurance just because Obama now wants to put it off another three years for political reasons?

Do you know how many of those who signed up for the exchanges have paid their first premiums? And how many are being turned away from medical facilities because they haven't and didn't know they had to?

Seems like it's been too quiet these days. You know, the ominous kind of quiet.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094707 Mar 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a brain on crack!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094708 Mar 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutjob Ghost for sure
Gotta be tough going through life that paranoid and obsessed. I wish I was as smart as Yeah is. As for you and your 100 alias's one can smell your funky azz under any disguise. Thee two biggest losers on here is you and Galt. Two pathetic no life weasels. And both draft dodgers. Tell me what makes you a good American? What have you ever done to deserve that right. Allow me "NOTHING"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OLD Negrah broad needs PRISON. 2 min VINCE Fosters wife 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min SweLL GirL 11,045
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 10 min Joe da plumber 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 32 min Jen Pestering 105,224
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 36 min They cannot kill ... 3,675
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min ImPeach 242,164
Trump Just Sux 9 hr Manhunt 97

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages