Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1582858 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094581 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
<delusional>
"The 80s called and they want their foreign policy back."
i'm not the uninformed idiot who wants a new Cold War.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094582 Mar 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Reliving your life daily on here has to be a miserable way to exist? Huh pecker breath?
Can you still do that special little Military Curtsy you used to do for the guys on base?

We'd love to see it;-)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1094583 Mar 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
so whilst DB, in the grand Bush/Cheney style, fear mongers...
“War is Good for Business”: U.S. is the Largest Military Spender Worldwide. Austerity for Americans, Billions for the Military
According to a report just released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), world military expenditures in 2012 totaled $1.75 trillion. And, the report revealed that, as in all recent decades, the world’s biggest military spender by far was the U.S. government, whose expenditures for war and preparations for war amounted to $682 billion — 39 percent of the global total.
The United States spent more than four times as much on the military as China (the number two big spender) and more than seven times as much as Russia (which ranked third). Although the military expenditures of the United States dipped a bit in 2012, largely thanks to the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, they remained 69 percent higher than in 2001.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/war-is-good-for-...
looks to me like we need to cut military spending. and no, not like the way the GOP does it.
Senate GOP Blocks Veterans Benefits Bill
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/02/...
How does anyone know how much money China spent on its military, moron.

Perhaps you weren't paying attention when China launched a few ICBMs right off our coast.
If we snuck a submarine into the waters off Shanghai and launched a few ICBMs in full view of the Chinese people, what would we be telling China?

You're an idiot.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1094587 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>How does anyone know how much money China spent on its military, moron.

Perhaps you weren't paying attention when China launched a few ICBMs right off our coast.
If we snuck a submarine into the waters off Shanghai and launched a few ICBMs in full view of the Chinese people, what would we be telling China?

You're an idiot.
I hear your wife's real husband snuck in and delivered a few missile stabs to Slutvana.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1094589 Mar 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Can you still do that special little Military Curtsy you used to do for the guys on base?

We'd love to see it;-)
You baggers that never served our country are an embarrassment.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094593 Mar 10, 2014
Whether it’s a deteriorating situation in Venezuela, foreign troops in Crimea, warring tribes in Africa, or a deteriorating situation in Pakistan, the use of U.S. military power is often the worst response for both American interests and those of the foreign population. Highly complex and volatile situations frequently don’t require the application of violence to solve.

The American people have a right to expect that their government will protect their physical security and shepherd their economic interests worldwide. The government has an obligation to safeguard these interests in the most effective way possible. There are unquestionably occasions when the application of lethal military force is necessary to protect the American people, and I strongly affirm this right and obligation. But I just as strongly argue that the reflexive application of military power without first having weighed carefully the potential consequences—or without first having expended considerable efforts to find non-violent solutions—can work against American self-interest.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/milita...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1094594 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what if the people of Crimea want to be part of Russia? don't they have that right?
Tough question. Historically, Crimea has always been Russian. It only became part of Ukraine when Kruschev, a Ukrainian, authorized it. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Russia and Ukraine agreed that Crimea would remain part of Ukraine, with certain provisions, like Sevastopol would always remain the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, for one example.
The problem will come when the Odessa and Kharkiv regions want to join Crimea and become part of Russia, also. Again, historically, Odessa and Kharkiv have always been aligned with Russia.
The only question is, do the Russians have further ambitions, or will they be content to take into their possession areas that have always been Russian?
Let's apply the rule of history. When there is no opposition, stronger nations expanded and consumed weaker nations. Does that lesson in history apply here?
You can be certain that with the United States being as weak as Obama has made us, there will be no opposition to any country that does have the intent to expand into weaker countries.
The village idiot could have told you that a weak United States would destabilize the world when the Democrats were promoting the United States was too powerful and needed to be made weak.

Now, we are what you wanted us to be, and the world is about to explode.

Do you think China will invade Taiwan soon, and take those Islands that belong to Japan they've been claiming as theirs?

Who will stop them if they try?
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1094596 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! what a load of crap....
i don't think one thing in there is true at all? who did you plagiarize that from?
you do realize if you don't give credit when you use others words, you are stealing...
OMG, my topix name is M Stein, but I must be a regular Joe Biden.
Pinocchiobama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1094598 Mar 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You baggers that never served our country are an embarrassment.
"embarrassment"? Did you say, "embarrassment"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1094599 Mar 10, 2014
While Russia gets stronger exploiting it's oil and gas fields, we get "progressively" weaker by being hamstrung by govt-created crises like 0care and outrageously high deficits.

I'm surprised Putin took so long to make his move, given the character, or lack thereof, of our leader and his weakening of missile defense over Europe.

Or does this have to do with the "flexibility" 0 was mentioning to the former Russian president a couple of years ago?

It's hard to tell when the Failure-In-Chief often acts like a domestic terrorist.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1094600 Mar 10, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, my topix name is M Stein, but I must be a regular Joe Biden.
I'd bet you are shadow the mutt.
dem

Chicago, IL

#1094601 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Tough question. Historically, Crimea has always been Russian. It only became part of Ukraine when Kruschev, a Ukrainian, authorized it. After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Russia and Ukraine agreed that Crimea would remain part of Ukraine, with certain provisions, like Sevastopol would always remain the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, for one example.
The problem will come when the Odessa and Kharkiv regions want to join Crimea and become part of Russia, also. Again, historically, Odessa and Kharkiv have always been aligned with Russia.
The only question is, do the Russians have further ambitions, or will they be content to take into their possession areas that have always been Russian?
Let's apply the rule of history. When there is no opposition, stronger nations expanded and consumed weaker nations. Does that lesson in history apply here?
You can be certain that with the United States being as weak as Obama has made us, there will be no opposition to any country that does have the intent to expand into weaker countries.
The village idiot could have told you that a weak United States would destabilize the world when the Democrats were promoting the United States was too powerful and needed to be made weak.

Now, we are what you wanted us to be, and the world is about to explode.

Do you think China will invade Taiwan soon, and take those Islands that belong to Japan they've been claiming as theirs?

Who will stop them if they try?
Why can't u stop them. Instead you are an idiot topix azzhole.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1094602 Mar 10, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not the uninformed idiot who wants a new Cold War.
And then you broke into one of your many leftie songs for another Kumbya moment.

"War, huh, yeah. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing. Uh-huh. War, huh, yeah. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing. Say it again, y'all. "

All we are saying, is give peace a chance."

Because if we get rid of all our weapons and show the world how "nice" and "flexible" we are, there will be no more war or acts of terrorism. Maybe it is time for The One to go on another World Apology Tour.

What were you saying about uninformed idiots?

You know, the kind who NEVER learn from history.
M Stein

Jamaica, NY

#1094603 Mar 10, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet you are shadow the mutt.
So sweet, your nickname for your mother.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1094606 Mar 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> See, this is where you libtards get it wrong every time. You think there is only so much pie. You think that if Jack takes more then George gets less. Not true at all! Here is the truth. There is no pie! Everybody can make as much or as little as they want and not affect any one else. Libtards are SO stupid!!!
Oh I see, that sounds like Hannity speak to me,(brain dead). If there was no pie, then how come capitalism needs constant growth to survive. Otherwise those Mum & Pop stores would not close when Walmart came to town. So someone is stealing market share from others in order to survive or get bigger, that would suggest the pie has a limited size. Because not all can survive regardless of the service they offer. Your idea of that everyone can make as little or as much as they want belongs in the 1950's, it's the 21 century now. Back then the pie was being baked, now it's well and truely cooked with only limited amount of slices to go around. The GOP's idea of dig it up, chop it down is not the formula for success anymore. Those big issues like climate change and a globalisation allows business run without borders, it's not the world of the 1950's which you baggers seem to think you can revisit anytime you want like "Pleasantville". When you walk out your door in the morning to do whatever it is you do. Then you are directly competing with someone half way across the world doing the same thing for half the cost. Tell us how Obama can fix that!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094609 Mar 10, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>And then you broke into one of your many leftie songs for another Kumbya moment.
"War, huh, yeah. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing. Uh-huh. War, huh, yeah. What is it good for. Absolutely nothing. Say it again, y'all. "
All we are saying, is give peace a chance."
Because if we get rid of all our weapons and show the world how "nice" and "flexible" we are, there will be no more war or acts of terrorism. Maybe it is time for The One to go on another World Apology Tour.
What were you saying about uninformed idiots?
You know, the kind who NEVER learn from history.
You are clueless and reckless it's morons like you that are the biggest threat to this nation. The Cheneys and Bush bunnies.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1094610 Mar 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you may swallow the propaganda that we are weaker. but the facts show otherwise..
the missile defense systems don't work so what difference do they make?
why are you so consistently wrong about the facts?
What "facts" show otherwise, liar?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1094613 Mar 10, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>OMG, my topix name is M Stein, but I must be a regular Joe Biden.
Back in the oven azzwipe.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1094614 Mar 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
What would happen if, hypothetially, Russia and China made a secret agreement to divide the world, Russia getting the west and China getting the east, and eliminating the United States from recovering from the disastrous weakened position the Democrats created so it cannot interfere with the Russia-China axis?
Isn't this exactly how World War II started? It wasn't a world war until the United States was attacked.
Any ignorant comments from the ignorant Democrats here?
Why didn't your so-called "news" networks tell you Russia is annexing Crimea? When will you realize your source of information is the reason you're so ignorant?
lol! I bet you use a chaulk board like the idiot the Beck-ster!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1094616 Mar 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Data shows....100% wrong...Liberals have a right to be wealthy.....
....but Conservatives don't....
You are godawful stupid and screwed up....
You were mentored by Marxists from Junior High on through to your GED classes.
WTF are you talking about, I never mentioned about who should be the have's and the have not's . I was responding to a post that was critical of the Hollywood elite having political positions opposed to your own but were branded as not genuine because their pockets are full. Like Al Gore not being credible because he doesn't live in a tree house. But Donald Trump commands respect with birther crap because he owns a chain of hotels. That is the logic you guys use. The whole point made about tax evasion as big business in the big end of town was ignored. Your GOP contributed to allowing that to happen, especially during the Reagan years and the Democrats are not blameless either. But Joe the plumber can't afford to have a lobby group based in Washington speaking on his behalf where as Big business always has. So as soon as Obama opens his mouth about who needs to pay more taxes you guys come out declaring it's an attack on the wealthy. How moronic is that! especially when the most obvious fact that concentrated wealth will always mean the food stamp line gets longer. You still haven't figured that out yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Awww Melrose diner closed! 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
Please 1 hr Out of Potty Expe... 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 11,178
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 2 hr ThomasA 26
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Definitely Democruds 5
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 2 hr STARfukinFascists 23
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 3 hr Fordian hesterdam 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages