Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521960 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094351 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with lowering strength and fitness tests for women and minorities. These people have other valuable traits that can outweighs their physical limitations but, I agree, lowering IQ standards should never be viewed as an option.
I actually don't need my firepeople to carry anybody out of a burning building, I need my firepeople to put out fires. It's kind of like being a Navy SEAL. I don't care if they can jump out of an airplane in a HALO maneuver. I just need them to get drunk and physically abuse young women in Newport News and San Diego. Sheesh!

It would be hard to lower IQ standards any lower than they are. The bulk of our nuclear launch forces cheat regularly on their readiness tests, ALL OF THEM. Do you actually believe that the same ethos does not pollute the rest of the force? These are the lowest possible denominator of human being until we start farming it out to the chinese. They are ALL cheats and liars... why do you suppose so many of them come from the south - not to mention, Guam...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094352 Mar 9, 2014
SFGate - Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident: http://tinyurl.com/oocz2vd

I have two observations to make. First, the article says the collision took place about 75' midair. The video shows more like maybe 25'.

2nd-ly, the names. The pilot-in-training is an 87-year-old whose last name is Trembley?
The man sky-diving is 49-year-old John Frost. Where else would Jack Frost go skydiving but in Florida, right?

So here we are inside of the Retirement State with a 49-year-old Jack Frost colliding mid-air with a Trembley 87-year-old.

I'm waiting next for Jack to get hit by a Hot Air Balloon while climbing the Beanstalk. The pilot will be someone up in age.

Nice one-point landing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1094354 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All this time I thought Georgie joined the National Guard to avoid Vietnam. How was I suppose to know that those who's IQ was too low for regular military service were accepted into the National Guard. Explains a lot.
Keep trying and some day your IQ might raise to that level too!
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094356 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no problem with assigning you to fight alongside those weakling women and minorities in the battlefield.
What about the fact that you haven't got the authority to tell a dog to sit? The hierarchy worship is a big part of republican culture, I grant you. Who's going to passively listen to YOUR son or daughter telling them what to do unless you promise to shoot them if they don't? That's why Mormons make such good soldiers and spies, you can pretty much tell them to do anything and they'll be out there with bells on the next day doing it.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1094357 Mar 9, 2014
flack wrote:
(Credit: AP)
The GOP’s in-house poet laureate and stand-up comic Sarah Palin unironically wowed a crowd at CPAC with her rendition of Dr. Suess’s “Green Eggs and Ham,” an homage to Sen. Ted Cruz’s non-filibuster filibuster from late 2013. While Cruz recited the story to an empty room, however, Palin invigorated about 3,000 people. Palin spiced the “bedtime story”— a book about overcoming bias and self-discovery — up “a bit” with conservative rhetoric about Obamacare, congress and the media:
I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his healthcare scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals. I do not like their crony deals.
I do not like this spying, man. I do not like ‘Oh, yes we can.’
I do not like this spending spree. We’re smart, we know there’s nothing free.
I do not like reporters’ smug replies when I complain about their lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, and we won’t take it, nope, nope, nope.
While conservatives cheered her on, liberals paused to reflect on what just happened:
This one to hold you till tomorrow.
Flack is a tad confused. Palin is not a comic, she is a joke.

Palin was the Vice President candidate for the party that doubled the debt, took us from a balanced budget to the worst recession in 80 years & the bimbo complains about Obama's spending? The Party that ignored Healthcare for the nearly 12 years they held Congress?

Uncle Sam is a representation of the United States of America.

If Sarah Palin hates this country, she should perhaps pack up & leave.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1094358 Mar 9, 2014
Well how'd your ancestors get "here"? Washed up on shore by The Tide?

Unless they were wealthy, they were on The Bottom of The Boat along with Mine.

And that Statue originally had nothing to do with America being a safe refuge and harbor for poor immigrants fleeing and flocking to America anyway.

The poem: "The New Colossus" was not written for The Statue of Liberty.
It was a sonnet written by Emma Lazarus having nothing to do with Lady Liberty.

The original manuscript is housed in The American Jewish Historical Society which is the oldest national ethnic historical organization in the United States.

John T. Cunningham wrote that "The Statue of Liberty was not conceived and sculpted as a symbol of immigration, but it quickly became so as immigrant ships passed under the statue. However, it was Lazarus's poem that permanently stamped on Miss Liberty the role of unofficial greeter of incoming immigrants".[8]

Paul Auster wrote that "Bartholdi's gigantic effigy was originally intended as a monument to the principles of international republicanism, but 'The New Colossus' reinvented the statue's purpose, turning Liberty into a welcoming mother, a symbol of hope to the outcasts and downtrodden of the world".
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but think about it, you're Sicilian so how else would you have gotten here if we hadn't sent you out the blanket invitation? That poem was WRITTEN for you, Polpetta...

Blain, PA

#1094359 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when hasn't our nation been controlled by a few wealthy people? do you really think that at the turn of the 19th century, the disparity of wealth was different?
look at how the wealthy lived then and how the poor lived then...
Look at the 1950's. Tell me wealth was not distributed differently then.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094360 Mar 9, 2014
Obama's budget proposal includes rules changes for Roth IRAs to generate more tax revenue from retirees.....
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094361 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
SFGate - Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident: http://tinyurl.com/oocz2vd
I have two observations to make. First, the article says the collision took place about 75' midair. The video shows more like maybe 25'.
2nd-ly, the names. The pilot-in-training is an 87-year-old whose last name is Trembley?
The man sky-diving is 49-year-old John Frost. Where else would Jack Frost go skydiving but in Florida, right?
So here we are inside of the Retirement State with a 49-year-old Jack Frost colliding mid-air with a Trembley 87-year-old.
I'm waiting next for Jack to get hit by a Hot Air Balloon while climbing the Beanstalk. The pilot will be someone up in age.
Nice one-point landing.
Um... what? John Frost becomes Jack Frost for you, and after making this stoopid and disjointed statement you stand there expecting praise for yet another contribution of no significance???? Ok, let me try it...

Jeb Bush was seen talking to Mickey at Disney World the other day. Harry Bush would've been a better name for him so that's what I just wrote. Harry Bush was seen taking a Mickey at Disney World the other day... yeah.. yeah.. that's it... Get it? Harry Bush?... taking a Mickey! YEAH! Boo-yah! SCORE! Take that you.. you.. you pointy headed liberal scum!

Lapeer, MI

#1094362 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
In order to get more illegal votes, the Magic Negro has re-written the plaque.

"Give me your lazy, your illegals,
Your drug-infested masses yearning to smoke dope,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the drug lords, terrorists, to me:
I dispense with photo ID as I open the golden door."
Love Dem Radicals

Madison, WI

#1094363 Mar 9, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
la vita eterna alle polpette!!!!!!
That would be you with Obama lamb fries.

Lapeer, MI

#1094364 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the fact that you haven't got the authority to tell a dog to sit? The hierarchy worship is a big part of republican culture, I grant you. Who's going to passively listen to YOUR son or daughter telling them what to do unless you promise to shoot them if they don't? That's why Mormons make such good soldiers and spies, you can pretty much tell them to do anything and they'll be out there with bells on the next day doing it.
Your mouth moves but nothing happens.
Love Dem Radicals

Madison, WI

#1094365 Mar 9, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, meant that for Waxman/Shinyerection.
Yes, we know you are sorry.

Blain, PA

#1094366 Mar 9, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the racist. Rather than admit you made an abominable mistake, a mistake based on race, you blame us and his color, for his inadequacies.
So, you are saying that since most racists are Republican that those voting against Obama because of race would have done so anyhow?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094367 Mar 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously dude, do you really expect any republican, much less a teabagger to volunteer for service in our military????
C'mon, you could allow morons to enter service, but teabaggers will never enlist
many do, lots of them children of veterans....

or those who realize there are no good private sector jobs in the rotten Obama economy, even for college graduates.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094368 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet that is exactly what happened. why do you consistently deny reality?
don't you see how foolish that makes you look?
Assad is still in power, killing at will, and Russia can replace the chemical weapons at their discretion...and probably are....
Mr Lib

United States

#1094369 Mar 9, 2014
GOP = the party of diaster

Responsible for 9-11 despite Tenet's repeated warnings.

Two unfinished wars, including one Chimp lied us into.

Crashed the economy.
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#1094370 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i have excellent ethics. as i show here daily.
classicly trained?!? seriously? that means absolutely nothing, even when spelled correctly... that means you took a few classes at your community college, have no degree,and that you do not work in the field and that you get upset when people tell you they want a medium coffee instead of a 'grande'...
Go mow some lawns and make sure you rake and bag all that grass pedro...
Mr Lib

United States

#1094371 Mar 9, 2014
disaster
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1094372 Mar 9, 2014
Putin invaded Georgia when George W. Bush was president," said Gates. "Nobody ever accused George W. Bush of being weak or unwilling to use military force."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/09/gate...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Coffee Party 240,354
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 17 min SENIORS READ-THIS 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 22 min RACE 105,131
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 22 min OUTLAW-HALAL-FOODS 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min RACE 10,582
Scary Obituary 29 min DITTTTTTTTOS 11
News Why Aren't There More Gender-Neutral, Trans-Fri... 2 hr max 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages