Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395194 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Salma Hayek

Madison, WI

#1093856 Mar 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>

You...on the other hand...like ALL LIBERALS...
are the only person in the Universe....
Would that it were true, eh, bendajo? Eet would save everyone and everything SOOOO much suffering... Dyu seem to be falling down the same rabbit hole as many of djur colleagues, believing that pipple are more important than, well, anything! Eet ess not so. Dyu ruin everything dyu touch and theese does not endear you to... well... anyone or anything. So tell me thees: Why should we let dyu leeve? What good do you do?(Helping leetle fetuses to survive outside the womb does not count...) Wait... are dyu the oklihomic? Ohhhhh... erase, erase, there ees no point in talking at dyu ees there, hombre?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1093857 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>equal rights for your fellow citizens is a nonissue? ouch!
if abortion and homosexual marriage are legal, then they are non-issues unless Republicans choose to add gasoline to the fire....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1093858 Mar 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans should ignore bogus issues like abortion, homosexual marriage, income inequality, and poverty and focus on improving the economy, repealing ObamaKKKare, and improving America's stature in the world......
that is the common ground....
Go ahead. Keep pushing that "repealing Obamakkkare", bogus "income inequality" platform. As long as your party is going to lose, might as well make sure you lose by the largest margin in history.
Salma Hayek

Madison, WI

#1093859 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
So you actually think Cruz and Paul aren't big jokes?
No, no, no, I would trust thees men weeth my daughter's life! Dyu know how sometimes when chu are shopping and you jus' sort of know the man standing next to you knows what weel look best on you better than anyone, even chu? Eet ees like dat.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1093860 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>equal rights for your fellow citizens is a nonissue? ouch!
You got that backwards.
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1093861 Mar 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been playing catch-up your entire life. Why stop now?
Issa is a good man trying to do the right thing. I know you don't like it but that's what makes it so much more enjoyable for me and for millions of others.
He's a used car salesman that got stomped trying to run for the Senate. This is how he thinks he'll make a name for himself.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1093862 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
It matter a whole lot to your base.
Ever look at the states with Tea Turd majority legislatures?
What bills have they tried to pass?
Oh yeah, only bills limiting abortion and banning gay marriage.
Tea party majority? That's news.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1093863 Mar 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans should ignore bogus issues like abortion, homosexual marriage, income inequality, and poverty and focus on improving the economy, repealing ObamaKKKare, and improving America's stature in the world......
that is the common ground....
That's their entire platform! Anti abortion, gay marriage, income inequality. Throw in war mongering (is that what you mean by improving Americas stature)?

Repealing Obama care? Never going to happen. You're party has nothing.
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1093864 Mar 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if abortion and homosexual marriage are legal, then they are non-issues unless Republicans choose to add gasoline to the fire....
Call the fire department. That's all the GOP ever talks about. CPAC was all about gays and abortion. That's red meat for your base. Accept it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1093865 Mar 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you think Issa is a "good man" is because his only goal is to discredit the president and the administration. You'd embrace Satan if you thought it would further Issa's agenda.
FACTS:
Issa is a car thief.
Issa was arrested for possession of ".25-calibre Colt automatic, 44 rounds of ammo and a tear gas gun and two rounds of ammo for it.” Issa pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of possession of an unregistered gun.
Issa lied about his military service by claiming that he was part of an elite bomb detecting unit that guarded President Nixon at the 1971 World Series. Nixon didn't go the World Series in 1971. In reality, he had a bad conduct rating. He was demoted, and a fellow soldier accused him of stealing his car.
Issa was suspected of arson in the "mysterious 1982 fire at his factory at a time where he was buying out the owner of Steal Stopper, the predecessor to Issa's car alarm company. Issa quadrupled his insurance coverage from a hundred thousand dollars to four hundred and sixty-two thousand dollars and then boom! The place burned down." But, not until after Issa "removed the company’s Apple II computer from the building, including “all hardware, all software, all the instruction books,” and also “the discs for accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer list, everything and transferred a copy of every design used by Steal Stopper from a filing cabinet to a fireproof box." The insurance company settled with him for $20,000.00. A sure sign of guilt if you ask me.
http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/martin-bashi...
Fighting fire with Fire is a commonly used tactic.

I, and many others, don't hire lawyers because we like their personalities or their rap sheet.
We hire them because they're good.

The smiling snake in the Oval Office needs to get sucker-punched by a good Snake Charmer.

Too bad Vladimir Putin is not an American political leader from California, too. If he was, the Magic Negro would be wearing Depends for the rest of his life.

Go, Issa! Go!
Salma Hayek

Madison, WI

#1093867 Mar 8, 2014
carol wrote:
Oh yes, and my daughter miscarried. Hope you are all satisfied!
Chu can't have too many miscarriages I always say... why do so many girls want to produce babbies when they can SEE there are already enough and then some? Why can't they get real jobs like we did?

Hackettstown, NJ

#1093868 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that your professional legal opinion? why then didn't Issa call her on that the other day? seems he didn't think she waived that right.
holder won't prosecute if there is no evidence of wrongdoing, as is the case now.
Holder won't prosecute because he is a partisan ass.

The evidence in on video.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1093869 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
So you actually think Cruz and Paul aren't big jokes?
Galt has no need to defend them against garbage from a child-molesting teacher wannabe like you.....
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1093870 Mar 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is legal, and gay marriage is an inevitability. But that doesn't stop the far right Christians from chipping away at gay and omens rights.

They chip away at public education for the same reasons; advancing their religion
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1093871 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a used car salesman that got stomped trying to run for the Senate. This is how he thinks he'll make a name for himself.
He should be in prison
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1093872 Mar 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Keep pushing that "repealing Obamakkkare", bogus "income inequality" platform. As long as your party is going to lose, might as well make sure you lose by the largest margin in history.
income inequality is and always has been a motivating factor leading to growth....

if all incomes are equal, there is no incentive to work....and a lower standard off living for all....

Hackettstown, NJ

#1093873 Mar 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then show them this article from the times of london, actually, had no facts at all just a bunch of suppositions and assumptions pointing to nothing concrete at all...
if you have articles with actual facts in them that show any transfer of weapons, show them
I didn't realize the Time of London wasn't a state approved news outlet. Gawd, I hope the NSA doesn't pull the correspondent's e-mails without a warrant again.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1093874 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well change your screenname again to Ann Coulter.
You parrot her perfectly, and always have....dating back to your bromance with Christie in 2012.
Why are you complimenting Galt by comparing him to Anne Coulter?

Please explain.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1093875 Mar 8, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Call the fire department. That's all the GOP ever talks about. CPAC was all about gays and abortion. That's red meat for your base. Accept it.
Exactly, did they pass out the rubber fetuses again?
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1093876 Mar 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting fire with Fire is a commonly used tactic.
I, and many others, don't hire lawyers because we like their personalities or their rap sheet.
We hire them because they're good.
The smiling snake in the Oval Office needs to get sucker-punched by a good Snake Charmer.
Too bad Vladimir Putin is not an American political leader from California, too. If he was, the Magic Negro would be wearing Depends for the rest of his life.
Go, Issa! Go!
Speaking of rap sheets, have you seen Issa's?
2 grand theft auto and a hit and run.
Quality guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Coffee Party 216,746
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min Pete McSNAP 102,474
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 35 min GEORGIA 2,697
Word (Dec '08) 36 min GEORGIA 6,416
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 39 min GEORGIA 8,887
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr tina anne 60,095
Bring these 2 Iranians into illinois for a rewa... 1 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages