Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601597 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1094291 Mar 9, 2014
Well, that leaves you out, Pitsy ...

You're neither Black nor an Intellectual < anything >.

I prefer poet Langston Hughes myself ...
Olive Pit wrote:
Look out everybody! The intellectual heavyweights have arrived... and they're BLACK! I'm thinking... early, e.e. cummings?
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094292 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
No pusha!! I makea da meatballas when I wanna. No can, I usa da reala tinga.
So, you live alone?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1094293 Mar 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so then you are advocating we occupy a country against their will.
Hmmm, we "invade" a country to oust an evil dictator, then enforce our rule with the use of military force......
I believe that's been done before......
Obama was the one who stepped up the action in Afghanistan....ask him why......

as for Iraq, we should have left after the initial military action.....nation building was a mistake....
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094294 Mar 9, 2014
Well, you know, he who has the guns doesn't make the rules at all. That's stoopid. He who has the enriched uranium makes the rules... why you thinka Israel paddlin' so hard?
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094295 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
Well, that leaves you out, Pitsy ...
You're neither Black nor an Intellectual < anything >.
I prefer poet Langston Hughes myself ...
<quoted text>
You're.. not... thinking... it... through... carefully... again...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094296 Mar 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
Illegal Aliens, Non-Citizens Caught Voting In Florida In Vast Numbers
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LMAO. you're on a roll today pal.

Vast eh? Caught eh?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1094297 Mar 9, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news for the topix tea baggers! "So.......you mean there's a chance!"
seriously dude, do you really expect any republican, much less a teabagger to volunteer for service in our military????

C'mon, you could allow morons to enter service, but teabaggers will never enlist
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1094298 Mar 9, 2014
An don' forget ... You'a brown da sausage a'nice onna both sides a'first ...

Anna make'a sure you buy it a fresh'a, a wine, cheese anna parsley one'a.

Eh, you'a alwaysa gotta you mind'a onna sausageega !!! Eh, disgraziata putana !!!
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna nicea sausageeega!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094301 Mar 9, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
This would be positive proof of your advanced stupidity. The only difference between the two is Galt no doubt is a lazy fat slob [kinda like you] While Coulter is an anorexic bitch By the way I loved waking up this morning and reading you crying as you had your azz handed you by dem. if you want to play you best thickin up NIMROD.
Any canine yelping from you in response to any of my posts is proof positive I am posting truth with integrity.

Keep it up the adulation;-)

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1094302 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we wanted syria to admit they had CWs...they did. we wanted them to start the process of getting rid of them...they did.
exactly what we wanted...
try to spin that.
We wanted them to destroy their production facilities by March 15. Oops..not exactly what we got.

We wanted them to "ship all chemicals abroad for destruction" by February 5th. Oops...not exactly what we got.

We wanted them " to transport the "most critical" chemicals, including around 20 tons of mustard nerve agent, to the northern port of Latakia by 31 December." Oops, not exactly what we got.

Words have meaning, tick.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1094303 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
As if YOU could stop them. What you are REALLY saying is: here is another case where nothing I could ever do would make any difference whatsoever. Practice that, it's clear you don't say it enough...
I know, right!

As if...sheesh!

Just vote for the dude who promises you the most of other people's stuff...you know, for like free!

Don't occupy Wall Street, distribute it!
Olive Pit

New Hyde Park, NY

#1094304 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you live alone?
A occhio e croce. Ia havea nicea fatta husband. He sleepa ana mangia all day. Maiale!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094305 Mar 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your racist delusional mind a-hole.
It's cute how the lump in your boyfriend's pants becomes the lump in your throat.

Putin's up for a REAL Nobel Peace Prize unlike the Toys R Us one the Magic Negro got for his half-black Affirmative Action skin by the hilarious Nobel Committee.....
Olive Pit

New Hyde Park, NY

#1094307 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
An don' forget ... You'a brown da sausage a'nice onna both sides a'first ...
Anna make'a sure you buy it a fresh'a, a wine, cheese anna parsley one'a.
Eh, you'a alwaysa gotta you mind'a onna sausageega !!! Eh, disgraziata putana !!!
<quoted text>
Thatsa what I alwaysa doa. Me notta forget!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094308 Mar 9, 2014
We Know Obamacare Is Not At All Like Slavery

The most well-received remarks at this year’s CPAC were indubitably Rand Paul’s, who was likely test driving his Republican National Convention nominee acceptance speech. Barely trailing him in cheers, applause and audience size was Dr. Ben Carson. Carson is known as one of the most accomplished physicians of his time, but is building momentum as a rising star among conservatives. Hotel room keys and the shuttles to Union Station are adorned with Carson’s face, next to slogans endorsing him for president in 2016. During his speech, enthusiasts held up signs that read,“Run, Ben, run!” and the ballroom’s sudden swelled in size from onlookers and supporters. Carson’s relaxed mannerisms and tightly focused speech make him a natural, if unlikely, politician, and his prodigious career in medicine certainly qualifies him to discuss health care policy. But President? CPAC has had no shortage of eyebrow-raising moments, but that is the most unconventional one yet. Though Republicans once nominated a former Hollywood actor who went on to be a two-term president, so anything is possible.

Dr. Carson hit his talking points with airstrike precision, to the delight of his audience, who punctuated nearly every point he made with an ovation. Carson disparaged political correctness, likely a nod to the social conservatives who have been feeling that their place in public discourse is increasingly restricted as of late. And then, predictably, he launched into his tirade against Obamacare. And that was precisely when he lost anyone with a level head who has been following Carson’s ascendancy with interest.

Carson referenced—and defended—his claim that Obamacare is the worst thing to happen to this society since slavery, calling anyone who believes that he equated the two institutions a “dummy”. Aside from that claim being patently false—there were a number of things that were nearly as bad as slavery, but none so awful as slavery itself—it is an irresponsible claim to make as a physician. Doctors are trusted to be objective and rely on facts to make decisions on courses of treatment. The fact that Carson was willing to wade into the political fray, making claims that can be easily misconstrued is alarming. Anyone hoping that Carson would bring some balance and perspective to the blaring rhetoric from CPAC this weekend was in for a disappointment.

Carson’s best-selling books—the nonpolitical ones—are nothing like his speeches, and the vast disparity between the two personas is unsettling. The pediatric neurosurgeon whose memoirs I read as a child emphasized self-reliance, hard work, and trust in Providence to achieve the impossible. The speaker today was a speech away from running for office on fearmongering and repealing Obamacare. I was hoping to see more of the man I trusted to perform a complex operation instead of a pedantic speaker that validated the borderline irrational whims of CPAC attendees.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/we-kno...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1094309 Mar 9, 2014
McConnell: We Will 'Crush' Tea Party Challengers 'Everywhere'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mcconne...

crush.
Olive Magadino

Buffalo, NY

#1094310 Mar 9, 2014
What? You don't like Langston Hughes, Pitsy ?

Fact is I DO understand what your were satirically stating ...

I'm familiar with the works of e.e. c-ummings ... < which the computer will not allow the lowercase spelling so associated with his word play ... >
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're.. not... thinking... it... through... carefully... again...

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1094311 Mar 9, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>

C'mon, you could allow morons to enter service, but teabaggers will never enlist
Hey, you're funny.

So, what's up with you progressives allowing, no wait, insisting on allowing morons to enroll in college?

Is it a tuition thing?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1094314 Mar 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Malaysia Airlines disaster "could be" an act of terrorism. It's appears that at least 4 persons were travelling with false documents two of which were using documents stolen in Thailand.
No one has come forward to claim credit.
Debris has been been seen but not yet identified about 70 miles SW of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island.
At least if it is an "act of Terror", there is a chance the plane was forced to land somewhere rather than crash in the ocean. I'm an optimist so I'll go with that scenario.

Not sure about the debris you mentioned. CNN reported that "a strange object spotted by a Singaporean search plane late Sunday afternoon is not debris from the missing jetliner." Don't know if that is the same "debris" you are referencing. I see now where officials are looking into the possibility that the plane changed course.

In the meantime, Malaysia Airlines has confirmed that they "have the visuals of the two people using stolen passports and Inerpol has confirmed those two bought their tickets together. Anything is possible. I feel for the families. This is agonizing for them.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094315 Mar 9, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"bong"? Really? If it matters to you, its easy to find.
<why do I bother with you>
You don't bother me__it's just that I've stopped reading the posts of so many others here. Hard to respond to what one doesn't read eh fkface?

Unite Here is a bullsht deal pal, a union which was likely brokering a sht health plan and charging it's membership through the nose.

Think it through K?

How did all those employees__working for hundreds if not thousands of different employees throughout North America come to be on the unions health plan???

No pardon me while I ROFLMAO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 11,313
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Joe Balls 242,612
The Party of Racism. 3 hr CANT DENY HISTORY 28
Coffee with Jesus. 3 hr Pissed Poster 7
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 4 hr Erik Pement 23
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 7 hr Maybe work 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages