Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1782519 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1094334 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
Thanks to you forward thinking progressives, kids all over the country are now having attorneys draw up tuition lawsuits. Isn't parenthood grand?
wasp

Akron, OH

#1094335 Mar 9, 2014
I know,,,,,How about we just pretend that "they" are just like us? But,,,,if we do that why have affirmative action laws? Isn't the President Black?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1094336 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just leave America? Your kind really isn't wanted here.
You sound just like a member of the 1930's Nazi Party.

A lot of people took their advice and did, in fact, leave.

Ecuador looks very attractive. So does Australia.

But I've decided to stay and fight to get my country back from primates like you.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1094337 Mar 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lower standards are to accommodate women and minorities....
Oh gee. Look who fell off his high horse! You have some nerve accusing others of demeaning women with a comment like that one. It's a fact...women have higher IQ's than men.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1094338 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull.
Like everything you say son.

Lapeer, MI

#1094339 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's impossible not to have a low opinion of a troll like you who lacks moral character and will side with our enemies if it will benefit you and your special interests.
Your Magic Negro shared Roast Dog with the Muslim Brotherhood inside the White House. He bowed to Arab Muslims. He went on an Apology Tour throughout the Middle East and was laughed at as a result.

Recall "Wait until after I win the election. I can be much more flexible".

Recall Benghazi.

He sides with our enemies while your naivete oozes like fecal incontinence.
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094341 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Pit wrote:
<quoted text>
A occhio e croce. Ia havea nicea fatta husband. He sleepa ana mangia all day. Maiale!!
Sì,è per questo che siamo così compatibili te e me. Non ti dispiace se ti chiamo polpetta da ora in poi, cagna?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1094342 Mar 9, 2014
Alabama Mammi Is Trash wrote:
The dumbing down of America ...
Test Scores have been lowered on: SATs, Police and Fire Department, and now Military.
If the scores were lowered to fill a shortage, as your post states, that's unfortunate and could prove detrimental.
However, I know the SATs, Police and Fire Department Test Scores/Standards were lowered to accommodate minorities < some being Women >, and I don't agree with it.
Can't pull a body out of a burning building if you have to pull a female fire fighter to safety because she can't pull her own body weight, let alone anothers'.
Same with The Military and The Police Force. Carry/Pull your OWN weight first.
And lowering IQ Test Scores for anybody's accommodation ... If one can't pass the Tests, they don't get the job. Period.
<quoted text>
I have no problem with lowering strength and fitness tests for women and minorities. These people have other valuable traits that can outweighs their physical limitations but, I agree, lowering IQ standards should never be viewed as an option.

Lapeer, MI

#1094343 Mar 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Malaysia Airlines disaster "could be" an act of terrorism. It's appears that at least 4 persons were travelling with false documents two of which were using documents stolen in Thailand.
No one has come forward to claim credit.
Debris has been been seen but not yet identified about 70 miles SW of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island.
Magic Negro: "Al Qaeda is on the run!"
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094344 Mar 9, 2014
Olive Magadino wrote:
Yes, all true. And all recited in a full Free Mason Ceremony when the statue was dedicated.
Don't take my word ... Research it ... You're very good at that.
<quoted text>
Yeah, but think about it, you're Sicilian so how else would you have gotten here if we hadn't sent you out the blanket invitation? That poem was WRITTEN for you, Polpetta...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1094345 Mar 9, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Great news for the topix tea baggers! "So.......you mean there's a chance!"
All this time I thought Georgie joined the National Guard to avoid Vietnam. How was I suppose to know that those who's IQ was too low for regular military service were accepted into the National Guard. Explains a lot.
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094346 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee. Look who fell off his high horse! You have some nerve accusing others of demeaning women with a comment like that one. It's a fact...women have higher IQ's than men.
Certainly when you're standing in your underwear in front of us. You do that you're gonna win the spelling bee every time. I'm just saying...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1094347 Mar 9, 2014
Well, lQQkie here www.thetruthaboutculinary226.com

It appears that Donald D Taylor's Unite Here is a bit of a sham.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1094348 Mar 9, 2014
flack wrote:
One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books. I thought to myself,“Why would anyone bring home all his books on Friday? He must really be a nerd.”
I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on. As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up, and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes....
I stopped him and said,“Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books every day!” He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, we began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship.
Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn’t me having to get up there and speak.
On graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him! Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech, so I smacked him on the back and said,“Hey, big guy, you’ll be great!” He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smile.“Thanks,” he said.
As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began.“Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, you teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach—but most your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story.” I just looked at my friend in disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn’t have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.“Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable.”
I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize its depth.
Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture, you can change a person’s life.
Here's what Snopes has to say about your Parable: Other differences include:

"Bill's" books are not knocked out of his arms by a gang of bullies; he trips all on his own, with the story heavily implying no one other than "Mark" is around to see this.

"Mark" invites "Bill" in for a Coke, and they do spend the rest of the afternoon together, but not the rest of the weekend (as in the Internet version), nor does "Mark" work "Bill" into his circle of friends.

The boys don't become best friends in this tale. They have sporadic contact with one another throughout their school lives, but they are never more than distantly friendly.

The Internet version clearly exaggerates each of the story's main points: A boy who trips over his own feet becomes a lad beset by bullies...Why don't you indicate it was not you who sent to Duke, Dummy? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/glurge/kyle.asp#BQxY7td...

Lapeer, MI

#1094349 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with lowering strength and fitness tests for women and minorities. These people have other valuable traits that can outweighs their physical limitations but, I agree, lowering IQ standards should never be viewed as an option.
And I have no problem with assigning you to fight alongside those weakling women and minorities in the battlefield.

It would help cull the herd of dead-weight Liberal azzholes.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1094350 Mar 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>big deal all the cool people of our age did those drugs...sorry you weren't invited to the cool parties..i bet band camp was fun though, huh?
he still obviously has far more brain cells than you. shit, you can't hardly make a single post tha doesn't show you have no idea what you are talking about...
have you actually ever made one that does show you know what you are talking about? in your own words? i don't think you ever have...
We can tell you went to the drug parties based on your drooling on your bib son!
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094351 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually don't need my firepeople to carry anybody out of a burning building, I need my firepeople to put out fires. It's kind of like being a Navy SEAL. I don't care if they can jump out of an airplane in a HALO maneuver. I just need them to get drunk and physically abuse young women in Newport News and San Diego. Sheesh!

It would be hard to lower IQ standards any lower than they are. The bulk of our nuclear launch forces cheat regularly on their readiness tests, ALL OF THEM. Do you actually believe that the same ethos does not pollute the rest of the force? These are the lowest possible denominator of human being until we start farming it out to the chinese. They are ALL cheats and liars... why do you suppose so many of them come from the south - not to mention, Guam...

Lapeer, MI

#1094352 Mar 9, 2014
SFGate - Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident: http://tinyurl.com/oocz2vd

I have two observations to make. First, the article says the collision took place about 75' midair. The video shows more like maybe 25'.

2nd-ly, the names. The pilot-in-training is an 87-year-old whose last name is Trembley?
The man sky-diving is 49-year-old John Frost. Where else would Jack Frost go skydiving but in Florida, right?

So here we are inside of the Retirement State with a 49-year-old Jack Frost colliding mid-air with a Trembley 87-year-old.

I'm waiting next for Jack to get hit by a Hot Air Balloon while climbing the Beanstalk. The pilot will be someone up in age.

Nice one-point landing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1094354 Mar 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All this time I thought Georgie joined the National Guard to avoid Vietnam. How was I suppose to know that those who's IQ was too low for regular military service were accepted into the National Guard. Explains a lot.
Keep trying and some day your IQ might raise to that level too!
Olive Pit

Buffalo, NY

#1094356 Mar 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no problem with assigning you to fight alongside those weakling women and minorities in the battlefield.
What about the fact that you haven't got the authority to tell a dog to sit? The hierarchy worship is a big part of republican culture, I grant you. Who's going to passively listen to YOUR son or daughter telling them what to do unless you promise to shoot them if they don't? That's why Mormons make such good soldiers and spies, you can pretty much tell them to do anything and they'll be out there with bells on the next day doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Booby DeNiro guarantees Donald's 2020 election ... 29 min Guest 18
last post wins! (Apr '13) 39 min The real Rudy 2,872
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 41 min The real Rudy 137
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 43 min The real Rudy 1,147
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 45 min The real Rudy 2,666
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 49 min The real Rudy 3,922
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 52 min The real Rudy 12,417

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages