Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406609 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1093467 Mar 8, 2014
And "Carsonologists," as Robinson calls the devoted fans who parse every word from Carson's mouth like it was coming out of the Politburo, have noticed a subtle but potentially meaningful shift in his tense choice lately. Carson has gone from saying he "hopes" the right candidate will emerge to saying he "hoped" one would, perhaps indicating that he's moving toward a run. Robinson is trying to push Carson there by sending him 4,000 petitions a week urging him to get in the race.
Robinson, who proudly notes that he raised $6 million during his three runs for Congress, has spoken to Carson only three times, each of them brief. The first time, at a book signing, Robinson asked the would-be presidential candidate to sign not Carson's book, but Robinson's copy of a book about the successful campaign to draft Barry Goldwater.
At the second interaction, Robinson asked Carson if he had noticed the work of the draft committee. "'That'd be very helpful if someone was running for president,'" Robinson remembers Carson replying slyly.
And at the third meeting, Robinson got to sit next to Carson at a table the group bought at a charity event in Phoenix, where Robinson performed his best impersonation of Carson to the man himself. He also brought along a girl enrolled in the local Big Brothers Big Sisters, who wants to be a doctor and was thrilled to meet Carson.
In January, Robinson was on the ground during the midterm Iowa caucus to urge caucus-goers to keep Carson in mind in the next election. "'How do I know this isn't a scam?'" he recalls one potential donor asking. "I definitely wouldn't be campaigning in Iowa in the winter!" Robinson jokes.
Next up, the group will be in New Hampshire and California, and is hoping to build out chapters in every state.
"We're the Rodney Dangerfield of draft committees," Robinson says. Goofy, loud, and easy to underestimate.
This article appears in the March 7, 2014 edition of NJ Daily.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093468 Mar 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you - and Homer - don't have to worry about veterans or VA loans anymore. Obama has made sure they get treated like the rest of us who don't get all the entitlements because they keep voting for Democrats.
You can rest easy.
Really Carol? When did he do that? He didn't you damned liar, you just pulled that right out of your anal orifice like you do everything else.
By the way nitwit, which party is blocking extending healthcare for veterans. That would be your darling GOP. It's okay to spend money on unnecessary, counterproductive and frankly immoral wars but take care of those we sent in harm's way when they return home? No way! We can't be spending money on that!
You're an idiot Carol!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1093470 Mar 8, 2014
Evidence casts doubt on ex-CIA leaders’ claims on Benghazi mortar attack
Catherine Herridge
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela BrownePublished March 08, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook2 Twitter11 Gplus0

If former CIA Director David Petraeus and his ex-deputy Michael Morell are recalled to testify on Benghazi, they can expect hard questions about the mortar attack on the CIA annex which killed two former Navy SEALs.

Republican Mike Rogers, chairman of the powerful House Intelligence Committee, is weighing whether to recall one or both of those officials over their Benghazi congressional testimony.

Rogers said the evidence suggests a highly skilled team carried out the mortar strike. Fox News has confirmed five rounds were fired in under a minute, with three hitting the annex roof -- a target roughly the size of two convenience stores.

"This was exceptionally good shooting. It was clearly accurate. They adjusted their fire, which is a term a mortar crew might use, so they went a little long and a little short and they fired for effect," Rogers said. "When you fire for effect and you have three rounds hit exactly where they were intended that ended up taking the lives of our American heroes there, that tells me that they knew exactly what they were doing. So that was either significantly preplanned, or it was a mortar crew that was exceptionally good."

In addition to Rogers’ assessment, military experts say the mortar strike on the CIA base was evidence of a planned terror attack, and because it forced the evacuation of the annex, it must have been known immediately in Washington. But in a letter to the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee in January 2013,Morell said “the nature of the attacks suggested they did not involve significant pre-planning."

Mortar crews have specialized training to prepare rounds for launch which includes calculations for distance, direction and altitude. Mortars are called “indirect fire” because in most cases, especially urban environments like Benghazi, the crew can't see the target.

A U.S. official familiar with the investigation said an early lead on the mortar site, a field a half -mile southeast of the annex, did not pan out in part because a forensic review showed the mortars were fired from a greater distance.

Given the accuracy, and the fact the rounds were fired in darkness, five military officers, including retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, concluded the terrorists pre-set the location.

"For this mortar crew to put three rounds of the first five -- right on target -- means to me that even in the day of GPS … the site for the mortar had to be pre-selected,"Peters explained."That would be a good score for a U.S. infantry, well-trained mortar crew."

Retired Army Gen. Bob Scales, who has written extensively on artillery fire, concurred. "This took an enormous amount of planning, an enormous amount of training. It required preparation at a firing point, not only the mortar but also the ammunition, and something like this can't be done overnight. This is something that probably took weeks in preparation in order to pull it off."

Separately, Morell is accused by Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee of misleading lawmakers over the White House's role in the so-called Benghazi talking points by stating the text was provided to the administration for their awareness, not for their input. Emails later released by the administration showed otherwise. Morell, who excised half of the talking points text, previously told Fox News that "neither the Agency, the analysts, nor I cooked the books in any way."

When pressed on the sophistication of the mortar attack, two sources familiar with Petraeus' statements to Congress said he also seemed to downplay the necessary planning and skill, stating the mortars could have been fired from the back of a truck with the same accuracy.

None of the five military officers contacted by Fox News said the truck explanation was plausible.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093472 Mar 8, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have two choices:
Over 5 million people really didn't lose their insurance policies because of Obamacare.
OR...
Obama lied to 5 million people when he told them they'd be able to keep their policies.
(Hint: Over 5 million people really DID lose their policies because of Obamacare - and it's only because Obama delayed the employer mandate until after the 2014 elections that more people didn't.)
But gotta go to work now.
Wrong again Carol! It wasn't Obamacare that caused the cancellations it was the insurance industry trying to protect their profits.
Under the law, all plans, even the crappy "hope you don't get sick" policies were grandfathered. The insurance industry loved them because even with the low premiums, the high deductibles meant that they wouldn't be likely to have to pay many claims. When the law mandated that 80% of all money received as premiums had to be spent on actual healthcare it made these plans less profitable. The insurance industry then started to twist customers into changing their policies which were non compliant but no longer grandfathered thus prompting the cancellations. Anthem Blue Cross in California is facing a major lawsuit on those grounds.
With the passage of the Affordable Care Act, insurers were forced to create a new formula for keeping sicker Americans off their rolls. Prior to the ACA, insurers rejected one in five applicants in the individual market of 25 million people due to pre-existing conditions. The even more pernicious practice of "rescission" enabled the companies to drop hundreds of thousands of policyholders when they became ill. That kind of cruelty wasn't just business as usual for the insurance industry; it was its business model. Annual and lifetime benefits caps, limited coverage for preventive care and emergency care along with other traps helped AHIP's members keep costs down and the sick away.
But Obamacare ended all that. Its "10 essential" patient protections mean that insurers--at least theoretically-- can no longer cherry-pick their customers as they have for years. Sadly, America's health insurers have devised new ways to achieve similar results.
You're just too intellectually lazy to dig into the actual facts Carol.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093473 Mar 8, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about if we just state the facts and call Obama a Marxist communist traitor helping Al Qaeda in their war against the United States and importing hundreds, perhaps thousands of Islamist terrorists into the United States to kill Americans.
How about we state the facts and call you an ignorant lying turd.
You're an idiot DB; you always have been and always will be.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093474 Mar 8, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Greenpeace Co-Founder Tells Truth About Climate Change
"There is no scientific proof that human emissions of carbon dioxide are the dominant cause of the minor warming of the Earth's atmosphere over the past 100 years," said Moore, who was testifying before the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee's Subcommittee on Oversight.
"If there were such a proof, it would be written down for all to see. No actual proof, as it is understood in science, exists."
Let the name-calling and temper tantrums commence! LOL
Patrick Moore is a liar who was never a co-founder of Greenpeace and is in fact a shill for big oil.
Moore has repeatedly claimed that he left Greenpeace because their policies shifted to the radical left, saying for instance in his testimony, "I had to leave as Greenpeace took a sharp turn to the political left, and began to adopt policies that I could not accept from my scientific perspective." But Greenpeace has a different view of the situation, saying "what Moore really saw was an opportunity for financial gain. Since then he has gone from defender of the planet to a paid representative of corporate polluters." [U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, 2/25/14
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093475 Mar 8, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal idiots and douchebag christian haters have no problem granting muslims religious favors:
Obama Inc. Sues Trucking Company for Firing Muslim Drivers Who ...
www.frontpagemag.com/.../obama-inc-sues-truck... ;
FrontPage Magazine
Jun 2, 2013 - And delivering alcohol is part of what being a truck driver means. If it's against .... What good is equal protection if you don't have equal results?
EEOC Sues Star Transport, Inc. for Religious Discrimination
www.eeoc.gov ›...› Press Releases&#8206;
United States Equal Empl...
May 29, 2013 -... Two Muslim Employees For Refusal to Deliver Alcohol Due to Religious Beliefs ... could have readily avoided assigning these employees to alcohol delivery ... and punitive damages for the fired truck drivers and an order barring ... or her religious beliefs, and employers don't get to pick and choose which ...
HEY STUPID! The EEOC has also ruled in favor of Christians and Jews, not just Muslims you ignorant bigot. The company could have assigned those trucks to non Muslim drivers. The law calls for reasonable accommodation and as long as it doesn't cause an undue hardship for the employer.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093477 Mar 8, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You, you uneducated blathering drone. Every budget passed during Bush';s tenure was passed with bi partisan support, unlike the criminal Il Duce's continuing resolutions and his trillion dollar deficits. gawd you're stupid.
HEY STUPID! The president can't spend a dime that's not approved by Congress and that includes continuing resolutions dumbass. What trillion dollar deficits? The federal budget deficit is projected to drop in fiscal year 2014 to its lowest level since President Barack Obama took office, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
CBO projects the federal deficit will fall from $680 billion in fiscal year 2013 to $514 billion in fiscal year 2014.
You're an idiot!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093478 Mar 8, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just a queen. Il Duce is the liar of the year, haven't you heard?
21 Lies Obama has Told you Directly to your FaceEndAllDisease.com
www.endalldisease.com/obama-lies/&#8206 ;
Congratulations America! You've re-elected liar-in-chief Obama for another term as your US President. Let's celebrate this insanity by looking at some of the ...
252 Examples of Obama's Lies, Lawbreaking & Corruption ...
www.frontpagemag.com/.../252-examples-of-obam... ;
FrontPage Magazine
Aug 21, 2013 - But Barack Obama does these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of. His campaign promises were so much ...
List of Obama's Lies | Barack Obama Lies
obamalies.net/list-of-lies&#8206 ;
Jan 26, 2010 - Below is a list of Obama's documented lies so far with the most recent lies first. If you see we are missing a documented lie Submit the lie here.
You've visited this page 3 times. Last visit: 12/11/12
Yeah well two of your sources are dead sites and one just repeats the same old bullcrap that every other right wing site does.
How about a neutral source.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1093480 Mar 8, 2014
flack wrote:
Evidence casts doubt on ex-CIA leaders’ claims on Benghazi mortar attack
Catherine Herridge
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela BrownePublished March 08, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook2 Twitter11 Gplus0
If former CIA Director David Petraeus and his ex-deputy Michael Morell are recalled to testify on Benghazi, they can expect hard questions about the mortar attack on the CIA annex which killed two former Navy SEALs.
Republican Mike Rogers, chairman of the powerful House Intelligence Committee, is weighing whether to recall one or both of those officials over their Benghazi congressional testimony.
Rogers said the evidence suggests a highly skilled team carried out the mortar strike. Fox News has confirmed five rounds were fired in under a minute, with three hitting the annex roof -- a target roughly the size of two convenience stores.
"This was exceptionally good shooting. It was clearly accurate. They adjusted their fire, which is a term a mortar crew might use, so they went a little long and a little short and they fired for effect," Rogers said. "When you fire for effect and you have three rounds hit exactly where they were intended that ended up taking the lives of our American heroes there, that tells me that they knew exactly what they were doing. So that was either significantly preplanned, or it was a mortar crew that was exceptionally good."
In addition to Rogers’ assessment, military experts say the mortar strike on the CIA base was evidence of a planned terror attack, and because it forced the evacuation of the annex, it must have been known immediately in Washington. But in a letter to the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee in January 2013,Morell said “the nature of the attacks suggested they did not involve significant pre-planning."
Mortar crews have specialized training to prepare rounds for launch which includes calculations for distance, direction and altitude. Mortars are called “indirect fire” because in most cases, especially urban environments like Benghazi, the crew can't see the target.
A U.S. official familiar with the investigation said an early lead on the mortar site, a field a half -mile southeast of the annex, did not pan out in part because a forensic review showed the mortars were fired from a greater distance.
Given the accuracy, and the fact the rounds were fired in darkness, five military officers, including retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, concluded the terrorists pre-set the location.
"For this mortar crew to put three rounds of the first five -- right on target -- means to me that even in the day of GPS … the site for the mortar had to be pre-selected,"Peters explained."That would be a good score for a U.S. infantry, well-trained mortar crew."
Retired Army Gen. Bob Scales, who has written extensively on artillery fire, concurred. "This took an enormous amount of planning, an enormous amount of training. It required preparation at a firing point, not only the mortar but also the ammunition, and something like this can't be done overnight. This is something that probably took weeks in preparation in order to pull it off."
Separately, Morell is accused by Republicans on the Senate Intelligence Committee of misleading lawmakers over the White House's role in the so-called Benghazi talking points by stating the text was provided to the administration for their awareness, not for their input. Emails later released by the administration showed otherwise. Morell, who excised half of the talking points text, previously told Fox News that "neither the Agency, the analysts, nor I cooked the books in any way."
When pressed on the sophistication of the mortar attack, two sources familiar with Petraeus' statements to Congress said he also seemed to downplay the necessary planning and skill, stating the mortars could have been fired from the back of a truck with the same accuracy.
None of the five military officers contacted by Fox News said the truck explanation was plausible.
LMAO.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093481 Mar 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
funny how all former liberals all want Big Brother Fascist control now......
So since when is investigating leaks of classified information that could hobble our ability to prevent terrorist attacks "Big Brother Fascism" moron?
You're an idiot Galt!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1093482 Mar 8, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an idea, ten watt. Perhaps the Muslims could have found another job where there wasn't a chance that they would have had to break their stone age religions rules. Or, better yet, they could get their asses back to their shit hole countries from whence they came, where they can practice their bloody, homicidal, anti woman, bigoted excuse for a religion with millions of other idiots who believe in their moon God.
Sure moron and how about the Christians and Jews who have also filed suit under the EEOC? Or do you just want to fixate on Muslims you ignorant bigoted piece of crap?
You're an idiot!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1093483 Mar 8, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Carol? When did he do that? He didn't you damned liar, you just pulled that right out of your anal orifice like you do everything else.
By the way nitwit, which party is blocking extending healthcare for veterans. That would be your darling GOP. It's okay to spend money on unnecessary, counterproductive and frankly immoral wars but take care of those we sent in harm's way when they return home? No way! We can't be spending money on that!
You're an idiot Carol!
According to the CBO, the president's proposal to use the "chained CPI" to calculate cost of living increases would save the government $127 billion over 10 years by cutting Social Security and $36 billion over 10 years by cutting "programs affecting veterans and the poorest elderly and disabled." That's a grand total of $163 billion over ten years from hitting seniors, veterans, and the disabled.

President Barack Obama’s $3.901 trillion budget seeks $651 billion in new revenue from the rich, would formalize in the tax code a rule named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, cuts the size and pay of the military, and expands or creates a series of social programs the president has long touted.

It would close military bases and reduce the size of the Army to about 440,000 troops — down 23 percent from the Iraq War peak of about 570,000. For the third year in a row, the Pentagon is asking Congress to close some military bases in 2017, to give troops a smaller pay increase and to cut the costs of their salary, benefits and health care.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/obama-b...

Republicans tried to compromise but, thankfully, both sides are now backing away from the veterans' cuts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1093484 Mar 8, 2014
Watch The Daily Show shame the GOP for putting Iran sanctions above U.S. veterans

http://theweek.com/article/index/257523/speed...
Tell us more

Atlanta, GA

#1093485 Mar 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the CBO, the president's proposal to use the "chained CPI" to calculate cost of living increases would save the government $127 billion over 10 years by cutting Social Security and $36 billion over 10 years by cutting "programs affecting veterans and the poorest elderly and disabled." That's a grand total of $163 billion over ten years from hitting seniors, veterans, and the disabled.
President Barack Obama’s $3.901 trillion budget seeks $651 billion in new revenue from the rich, would formalize in the tax code a rule named for billionaire investor Warren Buffett, cuts the size and pay of the military, and expands or creates a series of social programs the president has long touted.
It would close military bases and reduce the size of the Army to about 440,000 troops — down 23 percent from the Iraq War peak of about 570,000. For the third year in a row, the Pentagon is asking Congress to close some military bases in 2017, to give troops a smaller pay increase and to cut the costs of their salary, benefits and health care.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/obama-b...
Republicans tried to compromise but, thankfully, both sides are now backing away from the veterans' cuts.
GOP approval rate - 20%

President Obama - 43%
Democractic congress - 31%

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/half...

Half of Millennials More Likely to Lean Democratic

When do you start yelling at the clouds?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1093487 Mar 8, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an idea, ten watt. Perhaps the Muslims could have found another job where there wasn't a chance that they would have had to break their stone age religions rules. Or, better yet, they could get their asses back to their shit hole countries from whence they came, where they can practice their bloody, homicidal, anti woman, bigoted excuse for a religion with millions of other idiots who believe in their moon God.
As opposed to the fictitious sky god that you subscribe to? All religions chastise women. Your religion stems from and mostly written by a few defrocked Jews, who do you think that your god is Jewish? Your god sucks like all the other imaginary ones. You are a mindless puppet.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1093488 Mar 8, 2014
Tell us more wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP approval rate - 20%
President Obama - 43%
Democractic congress - 31%
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/half...
Half of Millennials More Likely to Lean Democratic
When do you start yelling at the clouds?
Your numbers are not correct.

Obama's approval rate is only 38%

The Democrats have like a frikking 2% advantage over Republicans, you idiot.

Now go back and start howling at the Moon, Moonbat!

God are you Democrats dumber than sh*t!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1093489 Mar 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are not correct.
Obama's approval rate is only 38%
The Democrats have like a frikking 2% advantage over Republicans, you idiot.
Now go back and start howling at the Moon, Moonbat!
God are you Democrats dumber than sh*t!
that was enough last cycle...

and whom do you think the independents will vote for when the hate talk of the far right fires up again? they are dragging the GOP off the cliff...you need to cut them loose and let them fall and die.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1093490 Mar 8, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the fictitious sky god that you subscribe to? All religions chastise women. Your religion stems from and mostly written by a few defrocked Jews, who do you think that your god is Jewish? Your god sucks like all the other imaginary ones. You are a mindless puppet.
even though i have pointed it out to him many times, this fool doesn't realize he worships the exact same (proven false) god as the muslims. this same god also tells him to kill those who don't believe as he does.(in fact, christians hold the record for doing that. one the muslim sect of their cult will never catch up to...not even close...) his god also tells him to subjugate women and own slaves and stone people to death for silly infractions of his laws on clothing and cleanliness and such...

religious cult freaks are blind to their own cult, knowledge is the death knell of cults...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1093491 Mar 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your numbers are not correct.
Obama's approval rate is only 38%
The Democrats have like a frikking 2% advantage over Republicans, you idiot.
Now go back and start howling at the Moon, Moonbat!
God are you Democrats dumber than sh*t!
None so blind as those that just will not see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Dianne 219,930
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Ize Found 70,858
Al Sharpton 5 hr AlisAPieceOfShyt 12
People who annoy you. 5 hr Im Phissed 4
This is reason Pat Buchanan fired from CNN. 5 hr PatSezVOTETRUMP 5
Mario Romero 8 hr Searching 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Sublime1 103,176

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages