Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403357 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093273 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
That boi has an inferiority complex. He afraid all the liberals are "richer and smarter" than him. Just so happens it's true. Flip ya for it?
Take it away, honey!
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1093274 Mar 7, 2014
Edward Dean wrote:
I'd like to do a poll and determine if anyone here thinks there is a place in america LESS likely to support intelligent life than norman, oklahoma? Hands?
None!
And in order to choke him out you would have to land in Chicago take a bus to St. Louis then ride a pig to Norman.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093275 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito wrote:
Pay no attention to fake registered carol.
It's really me this time.
Ok, got it. Not that hard to not pay attention to carol mind you...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1093276 Mar 7, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No azzhole he didn't lie about closing Gitmo. It was Republicans and some blue dog Democrats that blocked funding for the closing and prevented the transfer of the prisoners to federal facilities in the United States.
Politifact not withstanding he didn't lie about the health insurance either. Under the law all policies written prior to its enactment were grandfathered, even the really crappy, "hope you don't get sick" ones it was the insurance companies that decided to make changes after the fact which negated their grandfathered status. Why? Because even with the low premiums the high deductibles in the plans would mean that the insurers would end up paying very little and in many cases nothing. However with the mandate that the insurers issue a rebate if they didn't spend 80% on actual health care that advantage was moot.
You're an idiot Ed!
"pdumb"
A couple of things'
- Nobama did not say he would try to close Gitmo, he said he would, no ands, ifs or buts. He was either ignorant procedure or he was a lair. Period.
- My daughter and her families health insurance was cancelled. They were offered a different policy, at a higher cost, higher deductables. They were just one of the 5 million plus families that had their health insurance cancelled. You are a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093277 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the most disgusting woman I have ever seen. You my fellow labia laden beitch are what's wrong with my Republican Party.
Yes, I think I see what you're driving at....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1093278 Mar 7, 2014
We hear a lot about this fictional liberal land under President Obama, where job creation was killed by Obamacare and liberal ideas have destroyed the country. Reality, of course, is quite different. In fact, reality is almost the exact opposite. For Bush’s entire 8 years, job growth was just 1.1 million. Yet under Obama, the private sector has had 48 straight months of job growth, with businesses adding 8.7 million jobs.

Today’s job numbers are a good example of the disconnect.“Nonfarm payroll employment rose by 175,000 in February, and the unemployment rate, at 6.7 percent, changed little,” per Erica L. Groshen, the Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Jason Furman, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers, put these numbers in perspective in a statement in which he explained that February was the 48th straight month of private sector job growth,“February 2014 was the 48th straight month of private-sector job growth, with businesses adding 8.7 million jobs over that time.”

This matters because we hear a lot from Republicans about how Obama is killing jobs. However, Rick Newman pointed out in January of 2013 for US News that in Bush’s first term, he created zero job growth, even before the Bush recession.“When Bush began his first term in January 2001, total nonfarm employment was 132.47 million. When his second term began four years later, it was 132.45 million, or effectively zero job growth.”

So, even though we know math is not a GOP forte, I am hoping we can all agree that zero is smaller than any number above zero. Newman continued the math,“From February 2001 to February 2005, the economy created 164,000 jobs, for a 0.1 percent gain during Bush’s first term. From February 2009 through December 2012, the economy created nearly 1.2 million jobs, a 0.9 percent improvement.”

Republicans built that zero to .1 percent gain job growth. In Bush’s entire 8 year term, total job growth was just 1.1 million. Obama created more jobs in his first term than Bush did in his entire 2 terms. Although we have to hand public sector job growth to Bush. Yes, the Big Government Republicans don’t like to talk about reality much. They killed public sector jobs under Obama, in an attempt to make his job numbers look bad and cripple government, but ironically, this is only making Obama the Private Sector Job Growth President.

While things are far from great, Republicans really shouldn’t be pointing fingers and tittering about job numbers that are much better than their party created.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/03/07/februa...
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093279 Mar 7, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
None!
And in order to choke him out you would have to land in Chicago take a bus to St. Louis then ride a pig to Norman.
You had me up to the pig part
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1093280 Mar 7, 2014
I noticed fake registered carol didn't say a word to that filthy lil pig fkn okie that was talking about Jesus's fetuses.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093281 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
A couple of things'
- Nobama did not say he would try to close Gitmo, he said he would, no ands, ifs or buts. He was either ignorant procedure or he was a lair. Period.
- My daughter and her families health insurance was cancelled. They were offered a different policy, at a higher cost, higher deductables. They were just one of the 5 million plus families that had their health insurance cancelled. You are a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Having "Insurance" is different than just her pimp tellin' her he gon' look after her lily-white ass...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1093282 Mar 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flacktard hts the stupid stride early today.
Prior to the ACA, it was very expensive for an individual to buy health insurance. It was very expensive for a sole proprietor, or a small corporation to buy health insurance.
If you are working for a company that provides good health insurance, one road block to leaving & starting your own company is the cost of health insurance. The ACA provides a resource for health insurance at a much lower cost.
Sometimes, spouses worked jobs just for the health insurance.
With the ACA, taking the plunge to start your own company or pursue a different career becomes more feasible.
People will CHOOSE to work less. People will be able to pursue the career thy want.
To right whiners this is a bad thing.
"real dumb"
You are a liar.
My daughter and her husband, both self employed had their health insurance policy. They were offered an alternative policy, higher deductibles and a higher cost. Prior to nobamakare they had no problems.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1093283 Mar 7, 2014
Edward Dean wrote:
<quoted text>
You had me up to the pig part
That's why I've never been south of st Louie unless I was flying over that wasteland to Miami.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1093284 Mar 7, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
guessing at being right is why FOX BS can't gain any traction.
have you ever read/heard a FOX story about Benghazi? there are more unnamed sources than you would find in a WND birther/Clinton killed Vince Foster story.
I don't follow Fox stories like you ride on every word from the mouth of the Magic Negro and Mediamatters..

Try something else to get traction with:-)
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1093285 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are a liar.
My daughter and her husband, both self employed had their health insurance policy. They were offered an alternative policy, higher deductibles and a higher cost. Prior to nobamakare they had no problems.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Hi it's me carol.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093287 Mar 7, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't follow Fox stories like you ride on every word from the mouth of the Magic Negro and Mediamatters..
Try something else to get traction with:-)
Poopy, Doo-doo, booby?
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1093288 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
A couple of things'
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Keep in mind your daughter is related to you. Therefore I doubt she had ever read her last policy and was covered with a plan that didn't cover anything. It's happened to quite a few tea bag morons like us.
Edward Dean

Madison, WI

#1093289 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Yeah, sure, "self-employed," we get it...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1093290 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are a liar.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
I'm not sure if picking up aluminum cans from the highway qualifies as being self employed. Me think old Eed heap big liar.

Lapeer, MI

#1093291 Mar 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why do you post slurs?
Why do you bring race into nearly every post you make about Obama? Why do you make fun of Michelle Obama's appearance?
I posted about Bush &never brought up his race. I certainly never made fun of any First Lady - even Barbara Bush.
I could probably go back into the last 200 years of American Presidential history, at least, and find no administration so deserving of ridicule.

We have a boy inside the Oval Office and he probably married his sister but we'll never know for sure considering how screwed up the blood lines are..

There is no honor, no respect in this Presidency. It is unique in its deserving of derision.

A President holding no respect for the voters nor for the office nor for the country deserves no respect in return. Unless you are DumbDave - then you'll respect any P.T. Barnum who laughs at you in private.

World leaders are laughing at the Boy. I'm just joining in the humorous fray.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1093292 Mar 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
A couple of things'
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Ever time I think that you can't get any dumber you somehow manage to do just that. Allow me you ignoramus....A lie is when you knowingly say something that isn't true. If a person says that they are going to do something and later find out that it's not possible, well dumbazz that isn't a lie. It's called a mistake. Hell you tell about ten on here daily. and yours are meant to deceive. you lowlife clown.

Lapeer, MI

#1093293 Mar 7, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Staples and Radio Shack are like the GOP. Old ideas and old people. That's why just in the past 2 years the number of registered Republicans have lost 4%. Old GOP white guys dying everyday.
Your avatar shows you to be the hypocrite we know you to be.

Looks like the neighborhood had a Flatulence Party on your face.

Change the avatar and come back later, OK?

You're making a fool of yourself again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min District 1 219,334
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 39 min Ferrerman 80
River North. A horrible TERRIBLE, Extremely ba... 1 hr Chiraq 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 60,657
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr Chiraq 33
News Swim ban lifted at some Chicago-area beaches 2 hr Chiraq 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2,268

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages