Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1432842 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093132 Mar 7, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I couldn't afford it, come stain?
I saved money and got a 400hp vette that I will put a super charger on and beat new vettes.
Buying any new car is a horrible financial decision. Didn't that used car leprechaun explain anything to you as he drove you around like a dog
what you think your car is worth and what you can get for it are TWO different things...

Buying a new Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla is not a bad decision..
Same with a USED Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla...good decision...
the chances that a 115 hp honda civic has been over revved is low...
now in your case...your used Corvette endured MANY many MANY shifts passed the red line...duuud....good luck....
dem

United States

#1093133 Mar 7, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Oh, NO!

A 2013 GAO report found that President Obama spent twice as much time on vacation as he spent on economic meetings. But his vacation record in 2014 is now seriously threatened. Vlad Putin’s aggression in Crimea may result in a crime against humanity, forcing the oft-vacationing President Obama to be flexible about his upcoming vacay, according to the NYDN.

The ongoing crisis between Ukraine and Russia has placed President Obama’s family vacation plans in jeopardy, according to a new report.

Obama and the First Lady were scheduled to head to Miami on Friday for an event focusing on education, Politico reported, and the couple’s daughters were planning to join them afterward for a weekend trip in the area.

But, due to the continuing international crisis sparked by Russia’s troops moving into Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula, the first family may have to cancel their trip.

The humanity!
I thought you didn't trust the government? Pick a lane, lady.
dem

United States

#1093134 Mar 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Sam Walton had an old F-150 that he drove from time to time and he had a Gulfstream that he flew on/rode in from time to time. And?

Half of all retail start ups also fail__some of them thanks to WalMart and many NBA players go on to bigger and brighter.

So your post is actually meaningless racist bullsht.
He said I act rich??
I think he is trying to date me. Hopes I will let him drive my car.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093136 Mar 7, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Sam Walton had an old F-150 that he drove from time to time and he had a Gulfstream that he flew on/rode in from time to time. And?
Half of all retail start ups also fail__some of them thanks to WalMart and many NBA players go on to bigger and brighter.
So your post is actually meaningless racist bullsht.
Now, now....

NFL and MLB players are equally dumb with their millions...

"The average professional athlete in the U.S. will make more in one season than most Bankruptcyof us earn in our entire lives….[yet,] despite those staggering salaries, 78% of NFL players, 60% of NBA players and a very large percentage of MLB players (4x that of the average U.S. citizen) file bankruptcy within five years of retirement. "

https://www.munknee.com/78-of-nfl-players-go-...
Edward Dean

Edgerton, WI

#1093137 Mar 7, 2014
After you do it a few times it gets to be second nature. NOBODY is going to show a video where they get pissed AND vomited on in the same interview.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093138 Mar 7, 2014
What, this cannot be?

"Man loses 56 pounds after eating only McDonald's for six months"

http://www.today.com/health/man-loses-56-poun...
dem

United States

#1093139 Mar 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>what you think your car is worth and what you can get for it are TWO different things...

Buying a new Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla is not a bad decision..
Same with a USED Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla...good decision...
the chances that a 115 hp honda civic has been over revved is low...
now in your case...your used Corvette endured MANY many MANY shifts passed the red line...duuud....good luck....
No shit dumbass. That goes for anything for sale. Idiots like you wonder what something is worth. Where as I research it and use that knowledge to make educated consumer decisions.

Of course the car has been driven and raced. It's basically a race car. Idiot like you wouldn't know whether to fk a clutch or eat it. Me? I'm capable of fixing anything that breaks. Be it paying or wrenching.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1093140 Mar 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have...to cold in the winter....
That would be "too" cold in the winter, Faker.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1093141 Mar 7, 2014
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) fired up the audience Thursday at the Conservative Political Action Conference with an anecdote about what he called the heartlessness of giving out free school lunches -- but it turns out that "moving" story never really happened.

Ryan used a story about a young boy choosing a lovingly made brown bag lunch over a free school meal, relayed to him by Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Secretary Eloise Anderson, to illustrate that Democrats offer Americans a "full stomach and an empty soul."

But a shrewd TPM commenter observed that the anecdote closely resembled a book. From there, Wonkette picked up on the fishy tale, followed by Washington Post fact checker Glenn Kessler.

Kessler gave the story "four pinocchios" because Anderson presented it out of context.

H found Anderson told the story at a 2013 congressional hearing that Ryan chaired, and claimed she had spoken to the boy herself. Kessler notes the story closely paralleled an exchange from a book called "An Invisible Thread," in which an executive offers to either give a young, homeless panhandler money to eat for the week or else make lunch for him each day. The boy insists on having his lunch made for him in a brown-paper bag, because that means "somebody cares" about him.

A spokesman for Anderson told Kessler that the secretary "misspoke" and was actually describing a television interview she had seen with Maurice Mazcyk, the boy described in the book. Kessler further noted that school lunch is not brought up in the book, which means Anderson inserted the program into the anecdote.

Ryan wrote Thursday on his Facebook page that he thanked Anderson for sharing her insights but regretted "failing to verify the original source of the story."

The author of "An Invisible Thread," Laurie Schroff, spoke with the Huffington Post about Ryan's CPAC remarks and the origins of Anderson's anecdote. She asserted that her book was not "political" and disagreed with Ryan's "full stomach and an empty soul" comment.

"I want people to think about what they can do to make the world a kinder world," Schroff said. "I don't care about Republicans and Democrats. But we are talking about children that need to be fed. Cutting school lunch programs doesn't accomplish that."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/paul_ry...
Edward Dean

Edgerton, WI

#1093143 Mar 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you nuts? It was YOUR Citizens United that changed the playing field by forcing the Supreme Court decision that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or LABOR UNIONS. Do you ever look in the mirror and say, "I'm clueless"?
You know what? My Spider-Sense is telling me there's a "dirty-girl" inside of you.... I'm rarely wrong in these matters... You remind me of... Susan Sarandon in the Witches of Eastwick... you don't play the cello by any chance do you?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1093144 Mar 7, 2014
R E S P E C T?

For the first time in surveys dating back nearly 40 years, a majority (53%) says the United States plays a less important and powerful role as a world leader than it did a decade ago.

An even larger majority says the U.S. is losing respect internationally.…

Foreign policy, once a relative strength for President Barack Obama, has become a target of substantial criticism. By a 56% to 34% margin more disapprove than approve of his handling of foreign policy. The public also disapproves of his handling of Syria, Iran, China and Afghanistan by wide margins.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1093145 Mar 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
We had 57 states...
now we are gifted with R S P E C T
'When Aretha first told us what R-S-P-E-C-T meant to her,” Obama said, before the audience in the East Room erupted into laughter.'
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/03/07/oba...
Not only are black commentators on CBS making fun of O'bama as to have a brain fart--the word on the street is he has what they call Dope Alzheimers. It affects idiots that have been doing weed and crack and cocaine all their lives, someone like Barack Hussein O'bama.

Choom choom.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093146 Mar 7, 2014
'Good Question: Why Are There So Many Mean, Anonymous Commenters Online?"

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/03/06/good...

'ENJOYING other peoples misery'

'Participants were asked about the benefit of reading
other’s rants via a multiple choice question with an open-
ended other options. Responses included simple curiosity (25
participants, 78.1 percent), entertainment (18, 56.3 percent), a
sense of community (16, 50 percent), and making them feel
better about their own lives by comparison (12, 37.5 percent).
Other reasons participants gave were enjoying other people’s
misery, better understanding their own problems, and look-
ing to help others'

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1093147 Mar 7, 2014
Rubio and Totalitarianism

Thinking about the U.S. role in the world as the only country “capable of rallying and bringing together the free people on this planet to stand up to the spread of totalitarianism” might have made sense thirty years ago, but today it is at best a silly anachronism and at worst a profound misunderstanding of the world today. If Rubio genuinely believes that totalitarianism spreading in the world today, he’s simply wrong, and that misunderstanding is bound to warp the rest of his foreign policy views.

For some reason, many Republicans seem to think that Rubio is helping himself to recover politically inside the GOP by emphasizing his hard-line credentials on foreign policy. No doubt there are some hard-line pundits and foreign policy professionals that like what he’s saying, but I don’t understand who else would be both interested in these topics and likely to agree with Rubio’s stale ideas. In addition to offering mostly bad or unworkable ideas in the case of Ukraine, he gives skeptics no reason to trust that he isn’t just a new McCain or Santorum.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1093148 Mar 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you gay or not? Come on out....we won't laugh at you....
So, what's your take on J. Hogan Gidley? Spitter or swallower? Isn't he Huck's boy? Or Rick's?

Would you cater or photograph his wedding? His first bj?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1093149 Mar 7, 2014
¨Obama wanted to be loved; he didn't care about being respected, and, frankly, it's even worse than people realize because now Obama has pressed his Defense Department, the Department of Defense, to submit a budget which will gut even further our capacity to deal with difficulties around the world.¨- John Sununu
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093150 Mar 7, 2014
Vanity....

"Bob Costas got his infamous case of Olympic pink eye from botched Botox..."

http://pagesix.com/2014/03/06/bob-costas-olym...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1093152 Mar 7, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "too" cold in the winter, Faker.
Why do you chime in? You know I am going to ask you about your dead daughter in the jar!

Make sure you get all those fingerprints off the front, they obstruct the view...
Edward Dean

Edgerton, WI

#1093153 Mar 7, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That would be "too" cold in the winter, Faker.
We already know there's a dirty-girl inside of you, DESPITE your assiduous efforts to restrain her... How doin' beautiful? And Puh-LEEZE don't tell me you've got to be off right now and you'll be back later... or not...
Edward Dean

Edgerton, WI

#1093154 Mar 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you chime in? You know I am going to ask you about your dead daughter in the jar!
Make sure you get all those fingerprints off the front, they obstruct the view...
OoooooKayyyyyy... you've crossed over to the darkside I see. It's not that far for tea-baggers, really...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Leeward Outlier 225,381
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 2,072
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,753
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 3,193
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 9,542
News 15-year-old Chicago boya s burned body found in... 3 hr Well Well 4
News Murderous Chicago 4 hr wow 7
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Retired SOF 1,706

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages