Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263186 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1091802 Mar 5, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.When are you Repukes going to face the fact that liyng about the Right's blame when it comes to the financial meltdown doesnt make it go away.
Stupid piece of Right-Trash garbage.
One more reason the Right has no credibilty and will continue to Lose.
As ignorant as you are hideous, Troll:

Six Years of Unheeded Warnings for GSE Reform - the White House
georgewbush-whitehouse.... &#8206;
National Archives and Records Administration
Oct 9, 2008 -(Editorial, "Hear, See And Speak No Evil About Fannie And Freddie," The ... December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to ...
Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and ...
&#9658; 4:00&#9658; 4:00
www.youtube.com/watch... ;
YouTube
Sep 24, 2008 - Uploaded by ProudToBeCanadian
The Bush Admin and Senator McCain warned repeatedly about Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and what thus ...
Democrats Were Wrong on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - US News
www.usnews.com/.../democrats-were-wrong-...&a... ;
U.S. News & World Report
Oct 6, 2008 - The legislation passed by Congress in 2008 enabled Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to put Fannie and Freddie into federal conservatorship ...

"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties. In fact, it was Congress that flatly rejected President Bush's call more than five years ago to reform the GSEs. Over the years, the President's repeated attempts to reform the supervision of these entities were thwarted by the legislative maneuvering of those who emphatically denied there were problems with the GSEs.

April: The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity." (2002 Budget Analytic Perspectives, pg. 142)

May: The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) calls for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in the President's 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.(OMB Prompt Letter to OFHEO, 5/29/02)

February: The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) releases a report explaining that unexpected problems at a GSE could immediately spread into financial sectors beyond the housing market.

September: Then-Treasury Secretary John Snow testifies before the House Financial Services Committee to recommend that Congress enact "legislation to create a new Federal agency to regulate and supervise the financial activities of our housing-related government sponsored enterprises" and set prudent and appropriate minimum capital adequacy requirements.

September: Then-House Financial Services Committee Ranking Member Barney Frank (D-MA) strongly disagrees with the Administration's assessment, saying "these two entities – Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac – are not facing any kind of financial crisis … The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing." (Stephen Labaton, "New Agency Proposed To Oversee Freddie Mac And Fannie Mae," The New York Times, 9/11/03)

October: Senator Thomas Carper (D-DE) refuses to acknowledge any necessity for GSE reforms, saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." (Sen. Carper, Hearing of Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, 10/16/03)

“you know i know”

denver

#1091804 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"OMG OMG Banks can't discriminate."
And according to you, that created the housing collapse, recession, near financial meltdown, two quagmire wars, and doubling the debt
This is just how stupid you people have become.
No one could scale the heights of stupidity, dishonesty, cowardice and ignorance you have, Dopey.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091807 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Three Stooges carol? You mean like you, DB and Galt?
Go ahead keep repeating the same idiotic posts , it's fun watching you chase your tail.
The new stooges are the child killer Il Duce, Reid and Pelosi.

Mitt was right, so was Palin.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091808 Mar 5, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Keep polishing that "W" turd DB!
The Thousands of Dead and Mutilated Young Americans speak FAR louder then your mindless Teabgging Propaganda and idiot Revisionist History.
These dead and maimed, vituperative vermin troll?

The 12-Year War: 73% of US Casualties in Afghanistan on Obama's
cnsnews.com › News&#8206;
Cybercast News Service
Sep 11, 2013 - The 91 U.S. casualties in Afghanistan so far in 2013 are more than those ... So far this year, during the twelfth year of the Afghan War, 91 U.S....

Not even counting the dead women and children Il Duce murdered with his illegal drone strikes.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091810 Mar 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
New Orleans Shivers in One of Coldest Mardi Gras Ever...
At 4 p.m. local time, New Orleans was registering at 39 degrees. That's just shy of the coldest Fat Tuesday high ever recorded — 38 degrees in Feb. 14, 1899, according to the National Weather Service.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-orlea...
Must be that Glow Bull warming all the moronic libtards whine about here!
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Globull warming, gawd liberal cultists and hysterics are so gullible.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091811 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
In August 2008, during President Bush's final months in office, a strikingly similar scenario played out when Russian forces invaded the former Soviet state of Georgia. At the time, the Bush White House sounded an awful lot like today's Obama White House. From Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, now a Fox host:
"The United States supports Georgia's territorial integrity. We call for an immediate ceasefire. We urge all parties Georgians, south Ossetians, Russians to deescalate the tensions and to avoid conflict. We are work on mediation efforts and to secure a ceasefire, and we are urging the parties to restart their dialogue."
That's pretty much the same response by the Obama Administration. But the right wing response from Fox is different. Notably absent from the 2008 Georgia coverage was relentless finger pointing and blaming the White House for the extreme actions of a foreign leader thousands of miles away. There was also none of the Putin cheerleading that we hear on Fox News today.
You're an idiot!
Relevance to the inept, stupid, cowardly child killer Il Duce?

His only "accomplishment " in foreign policy was killing women and children with his illegal drone strikes.

10 year old: why does the president talk like a retard?

True story.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091816 Mar 5, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose direct source was the WSJ? look a little closer putz.
To be exact, President Obama's 2010 health law was responsible for about three-quarters of a surprising January rise in U.S. consumer spending and American income growth, according to calculations by the Wall Street Journal.
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2014/03/03/oba...
You left out another rise in unemployment claims. Where are those jobs Il Duce promised?

5 years, he's accomplished nothing.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091817 Mar 5, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention just released a scathing report whining, complaining, and practically BEGGING American adults to start getting their vaccines again. And it's all because the CDC is finally opening its eyes to a silent revolution that's been occurring all across America for years. I'm talking about folks just like you and me -- folks who are sick of being used as pin cushions to "protect" us from diseases we'll never get --walking away from toxic vaccines for good.
According to the CDC report, adult vaccination rates for a host of diseases are now lower than a Pygmy limbo stick. Folks are turning away from vaccines for pneumonia, herpes and hepatitis in droves. In fact, only 12% of the adult population made the bad decision to roll up their sleeves for the hepatitis A vaccine in 2012.
Well, that's progress. But trust me, our nanny state overlords aren't about to take your right to skip vaccination lying down. The CDC is calling for a new public awareness propaganda campaign meant to swindle you into thinking vaccines are the only way to prevent disease.
The only problem with that logic is that it's utter nonsense -- and the government's own data proves it.
From 2007-2011, while hepatitis A vaccinations were dropping like a stone, guess what else was happening? America's hepatitis A rate fell by a whopping 60%! You heard that right -- vaccination and infection rates dropped at the exact same time!
Looks like Uncle Sam has found the cure for hepatitis A and it's skipping the vaccine!
Let's be honest. The falling vaccination rate is hurting Big Pharma a heck of a lot more than it's hurting us. And that's what this is REALLY about -- drug companies manipulating our government because they're worried they won't recoup the BILLIONS they spent developing vaccines we don't want.
Well, the next time CDC gets an urge to write a report, maybe it should read the Declaration of Independence first. Because there's a little clause in there promising each of us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
As in it's your life, and you have the liberty to choose what you put into your body. And I don't give a damn whether our government is happy about it or not."
*The O'bamacare Eugenics Program is failing--G-d Bless America.
In addition to Hillary''s advanced age and creeping senilty she is now suffering from acute vagitosis. lol

“you know i know”

denver

#1091820 Mar 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Media Matters for America is releasing a sort of Wikipedia for conservative misinformation.
The site, Mythopedia, which was shared with TPM ahead of its release, is meant to be an online compendium of truths and lies pedaled by conservatives. The website's unveiling comes a day before the Conservative Political Action Conference.
"The week of CPAC seemed like the most appropriate time to launch a fact-checking tool, like Mythopedia, as I’m sure we’re going to be confronted with both old and new right-wing lies during the conference," Media Matters president Bradley Beychok said in a statement.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/media-m...
that's going to be a busy site.
Not as busy as this one pointing out the incompetence, failures and outright lies from the child killer Il Duce and you and the rest of the CJCP.

What's Il Duce whispering in Putin's ear today?[[after I'm re elected you can have Ukraine}
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1091821 Mar 5, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
if you say so, right mini me? So where you living these days...Hawaii, san Jose?. I'll be in Hawaii in April and san Jose is a hop n skip away. Howbout we have a drink? And no, this ain't no dating sight.
Well gee son, if you have to ask I must be right!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1091822 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of all those innocent bacteria you killed scrubbing African scrotum sacks!!!!!
Congratulate your hands and sponges!!!!
Mission accomplished!
How many did you kill son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1091823 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Can anyone tell me why my son slapped me?
Poor little ruskie. He has no identity now....

“you know i know”

denver

#1091824 Mar 5, 2014
M Stein wrote:
The flaws in a man's character always reverberate on himself and those closest to him.
For most of us such flaws have unpleasant, sometimes painful, consequences. Flaws in a man who possesses a great deal of power and authority significantly increase the scope and the severity of the damage his flaws generate.
This is what we're seeing with Obama.
Yet, astonishingly, with all the chaos, damage, disruption, and suffering he has produced OBAMA TREATS HIMSELF AS AN OBSERVER OF TRAGEDIES INITIATED BY OTHERS WHEN IN FACT HE IS THE PRIMARY SOURCE.
Nothing will testify to this more than Obamacare over the next decade and HIS ABJECT FAILURES IN FOREIGN AFFAIRS.
The world is a more dangerous place since he stepped into the WH.
Neither by virtue of his INEXPERIENCE or his FLAWED CHARACTER should Obama have ever been nominated, let alone elected, POTUS.
Americans made A SERIOUS, TRAGIC MISTAKE voting for him and, as in our personal lives, the bigger the mistake the more devastating the consequences will be.
These consequences are starting to acquire more definite form and predictability.
And, I'm still waiting for his apology to both Romney and Palin who predicted the outcome with Russia, based on Obama's weakness.
Obama and his secretary of state systematically underestimated our Russian opponent.
Since the “reset,” Russia has enjoyed a number of boons that have emboldened a country with otherwise very little leverage, other than natural gas. The UN helped made Russia central in the nuclear negotiations with Iran. The U.S. has made Russia important in brokering a farcical chemical weapons deal with Syria. And the international community has elevated Russia by allowing it to buy — through corruption — a successful 2014 Sochi Olympics.
But what a minute...Obama is FINALLY GETTING TOUGH!!!
Except its with Israel.
And he's gearing up to fight THE WAR AGAINST INEQUALITY.
The failure and child killer Il Duce's plan to fight "inequailty" is to stifle creativity and actual jobs, preferring instead increased misery and government dependency.

IMO, he's succeeding at that.

“you know i know”

denver

#1091827 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
<quoted text>
Heheheheheh, you're cutting and pasting and you can't even keep up with me as I write the entire Bible story from scratch... hahahahahahahahahahaha...
Your idiotic scratchings prove you to be nothing more than vile, vituperative vermin.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1091834 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>How many did you kill son?
How many have you swallowed?

Lapeer, MI

#1091835 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
Jesus wandered for many months and finally got a job working on a fishing boat in Gallilee. By this time he had fallen in with bad company, and the other fishermen could be counted upon to get him liquored up at the end of each long day, allowing him to buy them drinks with his tiny stash of money each night... and he would rise again as the sun came up and feel the emptiness in his pockets... But he didn't care... Jesus didn't care about anything anymore... he'd become a nihilist.... The world could end and it would make no difference to him for he was hollowed out at his core....
For Christ's sake, will you puhleez spell his name right?!!!

It's T-H-E M-A-G-I-C N-E-G-R-O

He's been around as long as his buddy The Lord of the Flies.

Please spell THAT right, too, OK?

If you have trouble with it then try his other names :

The Devil, Lucifer, Prince of Darkness, Mephistopheles, Beelzebub, Old Nick, Barack Obama, Sr.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#1091836 Mar 5, 2014
Your post was the cumulative encapsulation of the FOX-BLOOMBERG-BECK news effort to rehabilitate BUSH's post BAILOUT persona. Your post is specious, at best.

What you forgot to mention (because you adhere strictly to the information that you are fed by the FOX Knowledge Network[FKN]) is that TEAM BUSH was part and parcel in the real estate bubble which included Fannie & Freddie:

-June 17, 2002: President G.W. Bush sets goal of increasing minority home owners by at least 5.5 million by 2010 through billions of dollars in tax credits, subsidies and a Fannie Mae commitment of $440 billion to establish NeighborWorks America with faith based organizations.[34]

-2003: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac buy $81 BILLION in subprime securities.

-June 2003: Federal Reserve Chair Alan Greenspan lowers Federal Reserve's key interest rate to 1%, the lowest in 45 years.[35]

-December 2003: President Bush signs the American Dream Downpayment Act to be implemented under the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The goal was to provide a maximum downpayment assistance grant of either $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever was greater. In addition, the Bush Administration committed to reforming the homebuying process that would lower closing costs by approximately $700 per loan. It was said it would further stimulate homeownership for all Americans.

Did YOU know about any of this beforehand or did you wholly rely on unchecked news sources to support your post? If TEAM BUSH were really trying to reign in Fannie and Freddie, you wouldn't know it when YOU EXAMINE ALL OF THE FACTS.

If this isn't enough for you, then you should know that there is expanded information on Topix of this same discussion in 2011 with LINKS to BUSH White House Archives:

TOPIX--BUSH INVOLVEMENT WITH FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE -- 796:
http://www.topix.com/forum/who/newt-gingrich/...

TOPIX--BUSH INVOLVEMENT WITH FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE -- 807:

TOPIX--BUSH INVOLVEMENT WITH FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE -- 809:

TOPIX--BUSH INVOLVEMENT WITH FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE -- 810:
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>

Oct 9, 2008 - December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to ...

Sep 24, 2008 - The Bush Admin and Senator McCain warned repeatedly about Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and what thus ...

Oct 6, 2008 - The legislation passed by Congress in 2008 enabled Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson to put Fannie and Freddie into federal conservatorship ...
"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties.

April: The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity."

May: The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) calls for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in the President's 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

February: The Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) releases a report explaining that unexpected problems at a GSE could immediately spread into financial sectors beyond the housing market.

Lapeer, MI

#1091837 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son, if you have to ask I must be right!
I've heard of Hawaii Five-0.

You must be the 0.

The Five must be your busy left palm.
Nation of Imbeciles

San Antonio, TX

#1091838 Mar 5, 2014
Your post was the cumulative encapsulation of the FOX-BLOOMBERG-BECK news effort to rehabilitate BUSH's post BAILOUT persona. Your post is specious, at best.

What you forgot to mention (because you adhere strictly to the information that you are fed by the FOX Knowledge Network[FKN]) is that TEAM BUSH was part and parcel in the real estate bubble which included Fannie & Freddie:

-June 17, 2002: President G.W. Bush sets goal of increasing minority home owners by at least 5.5 million by 2010 through billions of dollars in tax credits, subsidies and a Fannie Mae commitment of $440 billion to establish NeighborWorks America with faith based organizations.[34]

-2003: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac buy $81 BILLION in subprime securities.

-June 2003: Federal Reserve Chair Alan Greenspan lowers Federal Reserve's key interest rate to 1%, the lowest in 45 years.[35]

-December 2003: President Bush signs the American Dream Downpayment Act to be implemented under the Department of Housing and Urban Development. The goal was to provide a maximum downpayment assistance grant of either $10,000 or six percent of the purchase price of the home, whichever was greater. In addition, the Bush Administration committed to reforming the homebuying process that would lower closing costs by approximately $700 per loan. It was said it would further stimulate homeownership for all Americans.

Did YOU know about any of this beforehand or did you wholly rely on unchecked news sources to support your post? If TEAM BUSH were really trying to reign in Fannie and Freddie, you wouldn't know it when YOU EXAMINE ALL OF THE FACTS.

If this isn't enough for you, then you should know that there is expanded information on Topix of this same discussion in 2011 with LINKS to BUSH White House Archives:

TOPIX--BUSH INVOLVEMENT WITH FREDDIE MAC & FANNIE MAE -- 796:
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>

Oct 9, 2008 - December: President Bush again warns Congress of the need to ...

Sep 24, 2008 - The Bush Admin and Senator McCain warned repeatedly about Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and what thus ...

"Over the past six years, the President and his Administration have not only warned of the systemic consequences of failure to reform GSEs but also put forward thoughtful plans to reduce the risk that either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac would encounter such difficulties.

April: The Administration's FY02 budget declares that the size of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac is "a potential problem," because "financial trouble of a large GSE could cause strong repercussions in financial markets, affecting Federally insured entities and economic activity."

May: The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) calls for the disclosure and corporate governance principles contained in the President's 10-point plan for corporate responsibility to apply to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1091839 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look here is a simple fact of life. The Arabs attacked Israel. Israel kicked the living crap out of them. All land won in that war rightfully belongs to Israel. That's the way it has always worked. To the conqueror goes the spoils. The Arabs should have thought about that before they started the war.
Israeli Settlement Construction Doubles in 2013
JERUSALEM March 2, 2014 (AP)
By ARON HELLER Associated Press
Associated Press
Israel began building more than twice as many West Bank settlement homes in 2013 than it did the previous year, Israel's central bureau of statistics said Monday, just hours before its prime minster was to face President Barack Obama in Washington for what was expected to be a tense meeting.
The two leaders have been at odds over Israel's settlement policies on war-won land, and the announcement looked to complicate matters weeks before an initial April target date for reaching the outline of an Israeli-Palestinian peace accord.
In its annual roundup of the Israeli housing market, the bureau said work began on 2,534 new housing units in the settlements in 2013, compared to 1,133 in 2012. Nationally, Israel had a 3.4 percent increase in housing starts over the same period.
The Palestinians seek the West Bank, east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip — territories captured by Israel in 1967 — for an independent state. The Palestinians consider settlements build beyond the pre-1967 lines to be illegal and an obstacle to peace. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to recognize these lines as a starting point, saying final borders should be agreed in negotiations.
More than 550,000 Israelis now live in the West Bank and east Jerusalem. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005. The Palestinians, along with the international community, consider settlements illegal or illegitimate. European and American leaders have warned Israel recently that settlements are causing increased isolation for Israel.
In a published interview, Obama said he would personally appeal for Netanyahu to move forward on peace talks with the Palestinians.
"I believe that (Netanyahu) is strong enough that if he decided this was the right thing to do for Israel, that he could do it," Obama said in an interview with Bloomberg View. "If he does not believe that a peace deal with the Palestinians is the right thing to do for Israel, then he needs to articulate an alternative approach. And as I said before, it's hard to come up with one that's plausible."
After two decades of intermittent negotiations, including nearly five years of deadlock following Netanyahu's return to power in 2009, the United States relaunched peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians last July. The sides agreed to a nine-month target for forging a final peace deal.
Cherry pick much? The "simple fact" is that the Zionist invaded Palestine and self-declared the establishment of the "State of Israel". It was that invasion that started the war and the Palestinians were within their rights to defend themselves against these illegal invaders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 6 min Dream Crystal 5,379
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Coffee Party 194,493
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 11 min Dream Crystal 8,110
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min CrunchyBacon 100,291
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 33 min Dream Crystal 442
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 54 min Dream Crystal 1,196
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages