Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276326 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Aroda, VA

#1091552 Mar 5, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look here is a simple fact of life. The Arabs attacked Israel. Israel kicked the living crap out of them. All land won in that war rightfully belongs to Israel. That's the way it has always worked. To the conqueror goes the spoils. The Arabs should have thought about that before they started the war.
Israeli Settlement Construction Doubles in 2013
JERUSALEM March 2, 2014 (AP)
By ARON HELLER Associated Press
Associated Press
Israel began building more than twice as many West Bank settlement homes in 2013 than it did the previous year, Israel's central bureau of statistics said Monday, just hours before its prime minster was to face President Barack Obama in Washington for what was expected to be a tense meeting.
The two leaders have been at odds over Israel's settlement policies on war-won land, and the announcement looked to complicate matters weeks before an initial April target date for reaching the outline of an Israeli-Palestinian peace accord.
In its annual roundup of the Israeli housing market, the bureau said work began on 2,534 new housing units in the settlements in 2013, compared to 1,133 in 2012. Nationally, Israel had a 3.4 percent increase in housing starts over the same period.
The Palestinians seek the West Bank, east Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip — territories captured by Israel in 1967 — for an independent state. The Palestinians consider settlements build beyond the pre-1967 lines to be illegal and an obstacle to peace. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to recognize these lines as a starting point, saying final borders should be agreed in negotiations.
More than 550,000 Israelis now live in the West Bank and east Jerusalem. Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005. The Palestinians, along with the international community, consider settlements illegal or illegitimate. European and American leaders have warned Israel recently that settlements are causing increased isolation for Israel.
In a published interview, Obama said he would personally appeal for Netanyahu to move forward on peace talks with the Palestinians.
"I believe that (Netanyahu) is strong enough that if he decided this was the right thing to do for Israel, that he could do it," Obama said in an interview with Bloomberg View. "If he does not believe that a peace deal with the Palestinians is the right thing to do for Israel, then he needs to articulate an alternative approach. And as I said before, it's hard to come up with one that's plausible."
After two decades of intermittent negotiations, including nearly five years of deadlock following Netanyahu's return to power in 2009, the United States relaunched peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians last July. The sides agreed to a nine-month target for forging a final peace deal.
That would be an azzwipes version of the anger.The Palestinians live there two thousand years before they were kicked off, I would be pissed too.Net anyahu is a murdering rogue as was Sharon. They have always treated the Palestinians like dirt. The Jews are their own worst enemy.Hell idiots like you actually believe that your God is a Jew .Just like they planned. Your bible was mostly written by defrocked Jews.Puppet
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1091554 Mar 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Issa Says His IRS Investigation Might Have Hit A 'Dead End'
A reporter than asked Issa if he was still "confident" the investigation would "get to the bottom of this."
"It may well be we have gotten to the bottom of it," Issa said. "At this point, roads lead to Ms. Lerner. The witness who to took the Fifth. That becomes -- she becomes one of the key characters at this point. Had she been willing to explain those emails which were provided through separate subpoenas, then we could have perhaps brought this to a close. Without that, it may dead end with Ms. Lerner."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/issa-ir...
Bush appointed Lerner(R) say what?
Pat Caddell Says Establishment Republicans 'Want the IRS to Go After' the Tea Party
The civil war between the Tea Party and the GOP Establishment has been brutal. But could it be the reason congressional Republicans aren't putting the heat on President Obama for the IRS scandal?
Democratic pollster Pat Caddell thinks so, and radio host Rush Limbaugh said it's plausible. One historian even told Breitbart News the modern GOP resembles a "crime family."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/...
Boehner put her up to it. he hates that Cruz guy.
The gutless wonder Issa was smacked down.

I wonder how much "that" dead end witch hunt cost the taxpayers?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1091555 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Redlining" was strictly a rule based on return of investment and risk of loss.
Can you explain to us how low return on investment and high risk of loss became associated with racism.
Thank you.
When a black woman was refused a loan & a White person received a loan when both had the same finances, it is racist.

That is what the court case was about.

I now how much you right whiners love racist sh*t but the law says otherwise.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1091556 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Thanks for reminding me! I think I'll make up something about... My Lai... NO! No Gun Ri... wait, wait, why not just cut to the chase and do Iraq? K, I'll take care of it.
Q: What do you call an american soldier pissing on a corpse?
A: A texan.
Q: What do you call an american soldier raping and shooting little girls?
A: Lieutenant.
Q: What do you call an american soldier who LOSES a fight he started himself?
A: Average.
Q: What do you call an american soldier whose IQ is less than 90?
A: Sergeant.
Q: How many american soldiers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: A couple million apparently... and then it doesn't work.
Q: What do you call an american soldier in the shower?
A: One of the boys.
Q: What's the difference between an american soldier and a jar of spaghetti sauce?
A: There IS no difference.
Q: Whay are american soldiers the best soldier the world has ever seen?
A: It's a pretty low bar.
Answer to the first question, a Marine, moron.

The rest of your diatribe....
You just can't break the habit of insulting American veterans, can you?

So, aren't you late for some so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" meeting where you and those other fruads come up with new lies to slander American veterans with? Do you think Kerry will show up and lead the discussion like he did when he was committing treason?

What do you think of Kerry burglarizing his oponnent's campaign headquarters?
What do you think about the fact that Kerry was a coward in Vietnam and is a lying fraud?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1091557 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
And really, do you really believe that the insurance company that offered to send her to all those clinics would decide not to now because they would need to add maternity benefits???
quality hospitals and doctors cannot survive on the low reimbursement rates offered by ObamaKKKare......

so ObamaKKKare victims are consigned to the bottom of the barrel....a de facto death panel....

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1091558 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit. Humanity can be compelled by fear, economic pressures, peer pressure, etc.
The one that employs brute first is typically viewed as weak & unable to get their way through discussion & reasoning.
Throwing out a threat of brute force in returns only exaggerates the situation.
Putin knows how the word views him is important and he knows Russia can be seriously hurt trough financial sanctions.
Thank God Obama is in the White House & not John McCain or Pansy Graham.
If a snot-nosed wimp walked up to you and made a threat, would you fear him or his threats? But, if you had just watched him kick your best friends ass, you better believe you WOULD feel threatened.
Do you think Putin gives a rat's ass what people think about him?
Do you actually believe his aggression makes him look weak??
Did financial sanctions achieve ANYTHING in Iran or North Korea?
Russia has already stated they are more than willing to walk away from of all contact with America. They're not the least bit intimidated by threats, especially Obama's.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091560 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
<quoted text>
More oatmeal?
Only got a couple of hits on this lure this morning. It seems the D-dupe fish were all over the Democrats-hate-the-military lure this morning. I think I caught a limit. Let’s try that Democrat-gun-grabbing lure again.
Gun-grabbing Democrats, Connecticut, the Democrats agenda to make subjects of the people, and the Constitution:
What in the Constitution prohibits the people from owning every type of weapon the government of the people own to “police” and protect the people? I'm aware of only one set of rights in the Constitution, not two sets, one for the people not in the government of the people and another different set of rights for the people in the government of the people.
Show me that text from the Constitution.
Or, just admit the Democrats plan to make subjects of the American people for the first time in the history of the United States of America. For 234 years, Americans have not been the subjects of any government. The United States is the only country in the world like that. Changing this is part of that “fundamental change” the Democrats have in mind for you.
Show me that text from the Constitution, you treasonous lying fraud Democrats rebelling against the Constitutional Republic.
By the way, how’s that Democrat legislation to eliminate the death penalty for treason going?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091561 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>poor baby. you're so utterly mad and confused, you have no idea what you're talking about.
bushie boy is a boy. least wise, we know he killed them for no reason.
You're running away again.

You are not trying to help yourself cure your own mental illness. Cognitive dissonance is dominating your rationale. You are responding to a post about the Armed Forces of the United States by attempting to divert the subject away from the Armed Forces to the President of the United States. That would be running away, dupe.
Let’s help you understand the Armed Forces of the United States.
They receive orders. They act to accomplish that mission.
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
The Armed Forces of the United States removed Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Thus,(pay attention here, take notes if you need) after the Armed Forces of the United States removed Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq, the United States and all of its allies no longer had to tolerate an outlaw regime with weapons of mass murder. Eliminate the outlaw regime and you eliminate the outlaw regime with weapons of mass murder. The Armed Forces of the United States were ordered to eliminate the outlaw regime.
If you need, get out your HarBrace and break the sentence down in accordance with the rules of English language grammar.
Let’s go over this again. All you need to do to cure your mental illness is acknowledge the real world facts. I'll help you.
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Congratulate our Armed Forces. Tell them "mission accomplished" .
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you cannot acknowledge fact.
Congratulate the Armed Forces of the United States on their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.
Unless acknowledging real world facts is beyond your capability to fight your programmed indoctrination to hate the Armed Forces of the United States.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1091562 Mar 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..as the president of a country that signed teh agreement to protect ukraine, he is indeed involved...
try to think before you post.
you better run along and get your 20 years of vaccines that you conveniently forgot. Make O'bama proud with his eugenics program. You lied about getting vaccines, and no one died.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091564 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you have a cabinet full of ZYKLON B....
Ummm... no.. nope... sure don't... I'm from the OTHER part of the country, remember? Massachusetts liberal, only NOT the one that wastes much time over the plight of minorities. I'm actually the sponsor of a bill in congress which provides opportunities to old Scandinavian men of tan or beige.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091565 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Only got a couple of hits on this lure this morning. It seems the D-dupe fish were all over the Democrats-hate-the-military lure this morning. I think I caught a limit. Let’s try that Democrat-gun-grabbing lure again.
Gun-grabbing Democrats, Connecticut, the Democrats agenda to make subjects of the people, and the Constitution:
What in the Constitution prohibits the people from owning every type of weapon the government of the people own to “police” and protect the people? I'm aware of only one set of rights in the Constitution, not two sets, one for the people not in the government of the people and another different set of rights for the people in the government of the people.
Show me that text from the Constitution.
Or, just admit the Democrats plan to make subjects of the American people for the first time in the history of the United States of America. For 234 years, Americans have not been the subjects of any government. The United States is the only country in the world like that. Changing this is part of that “fundamental change” the Democrats have in mind for you.
Show me that text from the Constitution, you treasonous lying fraud Democrats rebelling against the Constitutional Republic.
By the way, how’s that Democrat legislation to eliminate the death penalty for treason going?
More oatmeal or not? Just say one or the other?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1091568 Mar 5, 2014
Not one of you supposed brilliant progressives can tell us why Lerner keeps pleading the 5th if there was not a smidgen of corruption involving the IRS?
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091569 Mar 5, 2014
More oatmeal or not, DB...?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1091570 Mar 5, 2014
Move along. No scandals here, folks. Just move along.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091572 Mar 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When a black woman was refused a loan & a White person received a loan when both had the same finances, it is racist.
That is what the court case was about.
I now how much you right whiners love racist sh*t but the law says otherwise.
As I understand it, there were no cases resolved. The mortgage underwriters, whom are not the people making the loans but underwriting the loans, decided to concede instead of facing the exhorbitant costs of answering the illogical assumptions of the radicals.
So, you are just throwing out another of your usual lies in your claim to have information about some specific case, fraud. That's not different than you claiming to have seen the confidential files in Obama's publishers office and read the confidential contracts between Obama and his publisher where Obama signed a contract allowing his publisher to state Obama was born in Kenya, and you claiming to have convinced the governments of foreign countries to force the Special Purpose Vehicles there to open their books for you to inspect to get the information you claimed to have when you made the ludicrous claim that the CRA didn't collapse the economy.

Or, cite the case where the evidence about the case you claim to have knowledge of was submitted for you to view and make your ludicrous claim.
That may be as difficult as citing a case where Obama was actually inside a courtrooom as a constitutional lawyer.

Since your post is proven to be a lie, let's get back to the original post. This time, try to respond without lying.

"Redlining" was strictly a rule based on return of investment and risk of loss.
Can you explain to us how low return on investment and high risk of loss became associated with racism.
Thank you.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091574 Mar 5, 2014
Ok, DB's back to create his verbal-void so I think I'll take some me-time to burn one (Risking a vicious $25 fine as of this afternoon,) and spank the monkey... no, I've actually got a real monkey and dammed if he don't like a good whippin' from time to time... quite the character... I'm just gonna tie his l'il red hat on there... an'... beat the shit out of him... bbl..

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1091575 Mar 5, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
If a snot-nosed wimp walked up to you and made a threat, would you fear him or his threats? But, if you had just watched him kick your best friends ass, you better believe you WOULD feel threatened.
Do you think Putin gives a rat's ass what people think about him?
Do you actually believe his aggression makes him look weak??
Did financial sanctions achieve ANYTHING in Iran or North Korea?
Russia has already stated they are more than willing to walk away from of all contact with America. They're not the least bit intimidated by threats, especially Obama's.
How quickly these dupes forget that Putin kept his head down when Bush was President. Putin feared the United States when Bush was President. Today, he laughs at us.
But, why wouldn't he? We have pathological lying frauds as President and Secretary of State who hated the United States their entire lives, and were indoctrinated with the information Putin may have written, himself, during his KGB career.
Putin not only knows what they think, he knows how they think and what they will think.
This clown act of an administration is no threat to anything Putin chooses to do.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1091576 Mar 5, 2014
Texas Governor:

Greg Abbott - 53

Wendy "Abortion" Davis - 41
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1091577 Mar 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The gutless wonder Issa was smacked down.
I wonder how much "that" dead end witch hunt cost the taxpayers?
The Internal Revenue Service says 255 employees have spent 97,542 hours responding to congressional investigations into the scrutiny it gave conservative political groups before the 2012 election — at a cost of at least $7.9 million

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1091578 Mar 5, 2014
Darrell Issa Is Out-Political-Theatered at His Own IRS Hearing, Walks Out

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/03/darre...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby8-31-15 19 min Mister Tonka 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Jacques Ottawa 196,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 100,634
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 6,421
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 3 hr Lexus1985 465
abby 8-28-15 4 hr RACE 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr Lexus1985 1,720
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages