Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536685 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1092587 Mar 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>working OT ain't gonna throw you into a different tax bracket...if one actually did cross over into a new quintile, you only lose money if you barely make it over the threshold, and then you just have to donate to a tax free charity until your taxable income is just below it...
both your examples are urban myths...
guess you never heard of the AMT......

or loss of deductions in higher brackets....

or means testing on Medicare premiums, based on AGI......

and in California you are taxed on federal adjusted gross income, so deductions are useless.......

so, your conclusions are worthless

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1092589 Mar 6, 2014
Love Olive Magadino wrote:
Nifty? Starting to sound more like Howard Dean - YEEHAW!!
What part of: " Democrats and Independents are mainly responsible for the slide in Obama's ratings" did you not comprehend?
Since most Blacks are Democrats, Barack's low and falling poll numbers must reflect their opinion as well.
Quite a fall from grace, from his lofty perch, wouldn't you say, Bridezilla ??
Final Line < in your stupid shtick >: White People: "Bring It" !!
You really are a brain dead bitch ...
Read "Em & Weep as You Slide On Down:
Obama's Current Ratings: Is Obama Respected On The World Stage:
Democrats: 2013 Respect Obama 80%- Do Not Respect Obama 14%
Democrats: 2014 Respect Obama 69%- Do Not Respect Obama 28%
Independents: 2013 Respect Obama 49%- Do Not Respect Obama 45%
Independents: 2014 Respect Obama 34%- Do Not Respect Obama 57%
Democrats and Independents are mainly responsible for the slide in Obama's ratings. Independents now, by a wide margin, believe World Leaders do not respect Obama. Republicans were already largely convinced World Leaders don't respect the president
<quoted text>
And you think the current GOP appeals to independents?
Check the polls on that one

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1092590 Mar 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well dumbo, we could start with your Bush bunny and the Republicans leaving us most of the debt and screwing up ever thing that they touched after eight years of neglect and incompetence, then we could throw in useless states like Oklahoma and all of their bagger nut cases, that be it.
It was a sad day when Bush was crowned head of state by Sandra Day O'Connor and the other clowns. If Gore hadn't been robbed of the presidency, we would have never invaded Iraq and gone down the rabbit hole where Bush led us. There would have been no tax cuts for the wealthy. No Patriot Act. No Citizens United. No worldwide hatred toward America. No recession. If only we could turn back the clock and make things right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1092591 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito wrote:
Obama killed those beengazzi patriots
Only idiots think that, fools like you are the by product of Fox AKA [fanatical obsessed xenophobes]. If the Republicans were in control we would be in a couple more wars right now...They have proven over and over that they couldn't care less about the lives of our military, it's always about power and greed for those idiots. Obama is using intelligence, patience and common sense...No wonder you chicken hawks are confused.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1092592 Mar 6, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know...ask Alberto Gonzales, remember him?
You rightwingers hav such short memories
Good example. Who was she protecting? You're not going to throw that republican/democrat thing at me, are you? They're equally corrupt and very much big government to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1092593 Mar 6, 2014
Liberals R Defective wrote:
<quoted text>Kill yourself already and put yourself out of this misery. Try hollow points......
Listen here lady, it's you homicidal miscreants that are ruining my Republican Party. Grow up
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1092594 Mar 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots think that, fools like you are the by product of Fox AKA [fanatical obsessed xenophobes]. If the Republicans were in control we would be in a couple more wars right now...They have proven over and over that they couldn't care less about the lives of our military, it's always about power and greed for those idiots. Obama is using intelligence, patience and common sense...No wonder you chicken hawks are confused.
Have you even read the 5th amendment?
The liberal media pushed that through during the Clinton years.
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1092595 Mar 6, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Good example. Who was she protecting? You're not going to throw that republican/democrat thing at me, are you? They're equally corrupt and very much big government to me.
Excuse me ma'am can you explain your avatar to me.
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1092596 Mar 6, 2014
Putin is sitting back laughing at us and you maniacs are making jokes?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1092598 Mar 6, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why the only legislation conservatives pass in Red states are abortion laws?
So true.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1092599 Mar 6, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighbor in GERMANY was a used car salesman (He was an Irishman)....
His dealership dealt in Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Porsche...as well as the occasional Trans Ams, Camaro that some American had shipped over...
(HE drove a NSX) I got to ride in them all...he would not let me drive...I asked!
So....
knowing the PEOPLE that buy Ferrari's and Lambos and Corvettes...
A used Corvette will have been RED - LINED a million times....
not a wise investment unless you know the previous owner...
Corvettes were once the dream of every young male, but not so much any more...except for those in mid-life crisis....

really a very impractical, poor-handling car.....and some years were really underpowered, all show and no go....

my neighbor has one that bottoms out every time he pulls in or out of his driveway....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1092600 Mar 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a sad day when Bush was crowned head of state by Sandra Day O'Connor and the other clowns. If Gore hadn't been robbed of the presidency, we would have never invaded Iraq and gone down the rabbit hole where Bush led us. There would have been no tax cuts for the wealthy. No Patriot Act. No Citizens United. No worldwide hatred toward America. No recession. If only we could turn back the clock and make things right.
Just think of all the lives that would have been saved, and trillions lost.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1092602 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that Lerner waived her right to take the Fifth by announcing her innocence beforehand could possibly hold her in contempt.
Also, and just heard this today, Lerner was in the process of negotiating immunity through her lawyers until Issa announced it was a done deal. The negotiations stopped immediately.
Whether she ends up talking because of immunity has yet to be seen. But the mere fact she was discussing it speaks volumes.
perhaps Obama offered Lerner a better deal....the guarantee of a pardon if ever needed.....

Hackettstown, NJ

#1092603 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people might say you have found yourself in catch22. You wanna know and the law says too bad. That's what my pool cleaner said.
No catch 22 at all.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1092604 Mar 6, 2014
Patrick wrote:
President Obama urged Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in a one-hour phone call Thursday to pursue a diplomatic solution to his military incursion into Crimea, including direct talks between Russia and Ukraine with outside observers.
Obama also proposed a pull back of troops to pre-existing Russian bases, international monitors to protect the rights of all populations in Ukraine, and support for new Ukrainian elections in May, the White House said in a statement about the conversation with Putin.
"President Obama indicated that there is a way to resolve the situation diplomatically, which addresses the interests of Russia, the people of Ukraine, and the international community," the White House said.
In its own statement., the Kremlin said Putin told Obama that relations should not suffer over Ukraine.
"The president of Russia emphasized the paramount importance of Russian-US relations for ensuring stability and security in the world," the Kremlin said. "These relations should not be sacrificed due to disagreements over individual -- albeit extremely significant -- international problems."
Magic Negro as Peacemaker is just as bad as Hillary Hog Thighs Benghazi Defender.

Truth is often more hilarious than fiction:-)
Incognito

Orlando, FL

#1092606 Mar 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Corvettes were once the dream of every young male, but not so much any more...except for those in mid-life crisis....
really a very impractical, poor-handling car.....and some years were really underpowered, all show and no go....
my neighbor has one that bottoms out every time he pulls in or out of his driveway....
My husband said you sound like an idiot. And that your neighbor should have done some thinking before buying a car like that in your shitty pot holed neighborhood.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1092607 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me ma'am can you explain your avatar to me.
Uh, an acronym for an establishment, country club republican is RINO, republican in name only. Thus the rhino in the avatar. Pronounced the same. The symbol for the republican party is the elephant. These RINOs are screwing up the republican party.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1092608 Mar 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Pains your miserable azz that I am somebody and you suck...I suspect more ways than one and we all know it. This is the only life you have ever had. You and FLAKE are obvious losers. Big time. Just to bad deranged fools like you aren't smart enough to at least suffer in silence.
You look like a grilled Leg of Lamb with those sewer grate marks across your mug.
Patrick

United States

#1092609 Mar 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
tragic
Patrick

United States

#1092610 Mar 6, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Still addicted to that Obama ass-crack???
Tell us what this means!
BREAKINROOF! OBAMENYA - Long Form BRAUD?
http://ppsimmonsblogspot.ca/2014/03/breaking-...
As Sarlin would say. You Bet Ya!
https://www.flogger.com/bl7977875&pli=1#a...
Former President George W. Bush will not attend the Republican convention next month in Tampa, POLITICO has learned. 
“President Bush was grateful for the invitation to the Republican National Convention....Mission Accomplished
----------
Jul 16, 2012 ... Sarah Palin has not yet received an invitation to speak at or attend the
Republican National Convention this August in Tampa
----------

Jul 16, 2012 ...-- President George Herbert Walker Bush and his wife Barbara will not be attending the Republican National Convention ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 min SweLL GirL 10,718
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 63,626
Patch media is racist and bias 5 hr Billy 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Chicagoan by Birth 240,970
Proud Fella 8 hr Asks Comey 6
News Dumbing down high school 12 hr Want Nude Cobbles 7
Scary Obituary 14 hr Lance 20

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages