Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403764 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1092187 Mar 6, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is a right. So, why would she need to use it if everything was on the up and up. Why the apology?
Don't act dumb or I'll treat you that way.
You better read the 5th amendment and when you get to the part where someone needs to explain why they invoked it, come back.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1092188 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, fortunately, for all of us, the media knew what their job was back then. Or it just could have been a Republican president. Either/or.
But, unfortunately, for all of us, the media now protects those who hold power over us. Or it just could be a fellow progressive liberal. Either/or.
Doesn't that remind you of another time in history? Or even present-day countries where those in power have control over the media?
If it doesn't, it should.
What happened to "imagine" babe.
Those hearings were carried live on C-Span babe__not really much need for yuks like Brit Hume to put their own spin on it during the nightly news. And btw, "the fix" was firmly in place from day one of those proceedings.
Mr Ghorbanifar___ROFLMAO
As I said, new name same gibberrish. Some things never change.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092189 Mar 6, 2014
I don't know why we are...

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

50 million living in a food desert and on food stamps...

yet somehow we had $340,445 lying around to spend on "Alabama Beach Mouse"!

http://www.fws.gov/endangered/esa-library/pdf...
dem

United States

#1092190 Mar 6, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>You've unwittingly stumbled upon the problem. Just back-asswards, as usual. The MSM not only got this jive dandy elected, they've covered his ass, propped him up and effectively shielded him from culpability. That's more an indictment of your mulishness, than anything else.
Don't use code words for your racism you elderly tea bag Pusscccee.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092191 Mar 6, 2014
"I will be heard"

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $53,727 lying around to spend on "Mouse, Anastasia Island beach"!

dem

United States

#1092192 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Believe a revolution was started in the 1770s because of excessive taxation.

So the slogan "Taxed Enough Already" seems rather patriotic.

But you want to punish them instead?
You know why people treat you as dummy?
Cause even after your lies are debunked and the truth shown you, you still rattle on like a loose nut.
dem

United States

#1092193 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>Issa can be criticized for not granting Lerner immunity. Why this hasn't happened, I don't know.

But he can't very well force her to open her mouth and spill the beans. Her taking the Fifth twice, however, puts enough suspicion on the whole smidgeon of corruption thing.
Let your mind spin lies all you want.
You infringe on my rights I'll shoot you like the NRA.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1092194 Mar 6, 2014
This administration is resisting and blocking any attempt at getting to the bottom of not only the IRS corruption but the Benghazi corruption.

Unless someone like Michael Morrell (the former Deputy Director of the CIA) who was directly responsible for changing the talking points about Benghazi or Leon Panetta (the former Director of the CIA) who testified early on he knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack within minutes before going directly to brief the president comes clean under oath, we might not know the truth until after this president is long gone.

We can only hope the majority of Americans really aren't stupid after all.

There's corruption written all over these scandals like inner city graffiti.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092195 Mar 6, 2014

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $148,510 lying around to spend on "Mouse,Choctawhatchee beach"!

{EXTRA CREDIT: say that fast three times!!!!!!!}

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092196 Mar 6, 2014
ALERT....cushy place to research!!!!! Key Largo!!!!!!!!

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $71,390 lying around to spend on "Mouse, Key Largo cotton"!

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092197 Mar 6, 2014

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $42,817 lying around to spend on "Mouse, Pacific pocket"!

Orlando, FL

#1092198 Mar 6, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"I will be heard"
$17 Trillion in debt....
have...
yet somehow we had $53,727 lying around to spend on "Mouse, Anastasia Island beach"!
No one understands why we're $17 trillion in debt. The liberals were complaining about the debt under GWB after 9/11 and his Democrat-controlled Congress two years before the crash.

No one understands why jobs are diminishing or why the pipeline isn't already underway.

Except liberals. Ask them.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092199 Mar 6, 2014

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $187,728 lying around to spend on "Mouse, Perdido Key Beach"!

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1092200 Mar 6, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the same media who helped Bush to a 90% approval rating.
you can't blame the Bush debacle on everyone else when it doesn't hold water.
I agree, let's not be blaming debacles on everyone else. That would be ridiculously ignorant and disingenuous. Probably why I haven't and won't.
dem

United States

#1092201 Mar 6, 2014
Gunner couldn't resist fighting back yesterday. Today he hides. Lol
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1092202 Mar 6, 2014
ALERT>>>>>SKIIN G CONSERVATIONISTS<<< <<<<cake gig on the taxpayer dime!!!!!!

$17 Trillion in debt....

have...

yet somehow we had $629,701 lying around to spend on "Mouse Prebles Meadow jumping, Colorado"!

dem

United States

#1092203 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>No one understands why we're $17 trillion in debt. The liberals were complaining about the debt under GWB after 9/11 and his Democrat-controlled Congress two years before the crash.

No one understands why jobs are diminishing or why the pipeline isn't already underway.

Except liberals. Ask them.
You do know bush had power of veto, dumb carol. Your argument is dumber than you.
dem

United States

#1092205 Mar 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
This administration is resisting and blocking any attempt at getting to the bottom of not only the IRS corruption but the Benghazi corruption.

Unless someone like Michael Morrell (the former Deputy Director of the CIA) who was directly responsible for changing the talking points about Benghazi or Leon Panetta (the former Director of the CIA) who testified early on he knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack within minutes before going directly to brief the president comes clean under oath, we might not know the truth until after this president is long gone.

We can only hope the majority of Americans really aren't stupid after all.

There's corruption written all over these scandals like inner city graffiti.
Invoking the 5th is not obstruction. Shutting the government down to punish and embarrass our president by tea baggers is obstruction.

Orlando, FL

#1092206 Mar 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What happened to "imagine" babe.
Those hearings were carried live on C-Span babe__not really much need for yuks like Brit Hume to put their own spin on it during the nightly news. And btw, "the fix" was firmly in place from day one of those proceedings.
Mr Ghorbanifar___ROFLMAO
As I said, new name same gibberrish. Some things never change.
The pressure from the media - remember Woodward and Bernstein - who even conservative critics accept as being the two reporters instrumental in Nixon's downfall - had more to do with uncovering the truth about Watergate than anyone's testimony.

Several people went to jail under the Nixon administration simply for covering up a politically-motivated break in at a hotel called Watergate.

Frankly, you're out of your mind if you don't think the media would have already brought down Obama had he been Richard Nixon.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1092207 Mar 6, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You've unwittingly stumbled upon the problem. Just back-asswards, as usual. The MSM not only got this jive dandy elected, they've covered his ass, propped him up and effectively shielded him from culpability. That's more an indictment of your mulishness, than anything else.
Well said.

Too bad only a handful of informed democrat voters know this to be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min District 1 219,375
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 15 min Pasquali 9,210
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 103,130
Dear White Children 1 hr Southside Irish 4
Dnc were sticking it to burine and supporters 2 hr Pop star 1
News Girl, 14, missing from Far South Side: police 2 hr bozo 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr RACE 2,853

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages