Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1708010 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091383 Mar 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What can one expect from someone who has been indoctrinated by Faux news' "Panic Mongering". It's just one scare tactic after another to the point where she will soon be afraid to go out of her house.....Obama is going to take your guns; Obama is going to send you to jail if you don't have health insurance; All Muslims are terrorists who must kill to get to heaven; Obama is listening to your phone calls; and one of my favorites, immigrants are too lazy to work but they will steal your job.
"Why terrorize your own audience? Because it is the fastest way to bypasses the rational brain. In other words, when people are afraid, they don't think rationally. And when they can't think rationally, they'll believe anything."
http://www.alternet.org/story/151497/14_propa...
You do quite a fine job yourself in propagating propaganda son.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1091384 Mar 5, 2014
Birghtest??? Oops!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091385 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it you are programmed to think people choose a head of state to be a messiah. That's probably due to your programmed indoctrination causing you to think of Obama as a messiah.
We look at the facts. Ukrainians voted out the previous government and voted in a pro-Russian government after Obama was named President here.
The radicals in the faction of the previous president and government started buning the capital of Ukraine.
The Russians in Crimea accepted protection from Russia.
Russia protecting Russians. Now, that would be a good concept to adopt here, don't you think?
You mean the imprisoned president son?

Boy, you sure do act like a commie or a ruskie!
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091387 Mar 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you could too--except you can't make your sentences have object that aren't objects; you cant spell Sergeant or capitalize Marines; and, well, you're just not the birghtest thing that ever came down the pike...that and you can't grow an inch and "cannot acknowledge fact" is not a sentence.
Hi, you good lookin' redhead you... watch out, there's two of me now... Well, back to work...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091388 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you loosened up good this morning. Let's start you running away from the facts. You ran away from these facts all day yesterday.
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States (referencing the quote you provided) to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Congratulate our Armed Forces. Tell them "mission accomplished".
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you cannot acknowledge fact.
Congratulate the Armed Forces of the United States on their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.
Unless acknowledging real world facts is beyond your capability to fight your programmed indoctrination....
So congratulate bushie boy for a job well done of killing troops and civilians son. Show us how he got to 'mission accomplished.'

I'm waiting....or are you going to dump and run as usual?
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091389 Mar 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you could too--except you can't make your sentences have object that aren't objects; you cant spell Sergeant or capitalize Marines; and, well, you're just not the birghtest thing that ever came down the pike...that and you can't grow an inch and "cannot acknowledge fact" is not a sentence.
Want some more oatmeal? I said, DO YOU WANT SOME MORE OATMEAL?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091390 Mar 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you do now. i sure know you aren't...
You are the reason the slogan 'a legend in his own mind' never gets retired...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091391 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I just used the quote you provided. You show the most severe symptoms of cognitive dissonance of anyone here. You may need to do this twice a day to cure your degree of mental illness.
Let's start your therapy by acknowledging some very simple facts, like this:
Those that serve have no concern of any name, dufus. To them, they just get the orders and accomplish the mission.
After you forced yoruself to acknowledge the above fact, let's try something a little more difficult for you, acknowledging actual factual events in history:
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Congratulate our Armed Forces. Tell them "mission accomplished".
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you cannot even acknowledge factual history.
Congratulate the Armed Forces of the United States on their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.
lol! Oh, no son. You edited the quote.

The fact you can't accept the entire quote shows how dishonest and scared you are!

But that's ok. I expected no more and a whole lot less!
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091392 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Go smoke a doobie and screw a mule....
An Oklahoma tradition.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091393 Mar 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost responded to her post with a brief reminder that we were completely content to sit back and let France and Britain fight Hitler....until Pearl Harbor....but I realized she's not capable of connecting the dots. Why bother.
Yes dear, we already know you idolize Hitler.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091394 Mar 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
Birghtest??? Oops!
Dimmest??? Yep!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1091395 Mar 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
more Soviet Communist propaganda from George Soros.....
how on Earth did DemoKKKrat propaganda site like Media Matters gain non-profit, tax-exempt status???...
a tax exemption is granted to anyone who fact checks FOX/Rush/any old right wing fear mongerer through the ages.

it's in the Liberal Bill Of Rights. read it.
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091396 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So congratulate bushie boy for a job well done of killing troops and civilians son. Show us how he got to 'mission accomplished.'
I'm waiting....or are you going to dump and run as usual?
You mean like how your family dumped you?
Charlize Theron

Edgerton, WI

#1091397 Mar 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
And Liberals wonder why Cons are against marijuana?
Ummm.... no... nope, no we don't wonder. You're against anything that might bring you or anyone else pleasure... currently. What you're against is peace, because it doesn't seem right that YOU had to grow up in a trailer park being ass-raped by your father, and the rest of us didn't. You're... "delayed gratification" people... we get it... otherwise your lifelong striving to save enough so that when you're old you don't need to get your ass wiped by a big black lady, forgetting that pretty soon you'll be dead.
Chukwu

Saint Louis, MO

#1091398 Mar 5, 2014
What has this ZOGling Mamzer-ass clown achieve as a pwezidunt?? Nuttin'!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1091399 Mar 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh, no son. You edited the quote.
The fact you can't accept the entire quote shows how dishonest and scared you are!
But that's ok. I expected no more and a whole lot less!
You are not trying to help yourself cure your own mental illness. Cognitive dissonance is dominating your rationale. You are responding to a post about the Armed Forces of the United States by attempting to divert the subject away from the Armed Forces to the President of the United States. That would be running away, dupe.
Letís help you understand the Armed Forces of the United States.
They receive orders. They act to accomplish that mission.
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
The Armed Forces of the United States removed Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.

Thus,(pay attention here, take notes if you need) after the Armed Forces of the United States removed Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq, the United States and all of its allies no longer had to tolerate an outlaw regime with weapons of mass murder. Eliminate the outlaw regime and you eliminate the outlaw regime with weapons of mass murder. The Armed Forces of the United States were ordered to eliminate the outlaw regime.
If you need, get out your HarBrace and break the sentence down in accordance with the rules of English language grammar.

Letís go over this again. All you need to do to cure your mental illness is acknowledge the real world facts. I'll help you.

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.

Congratulate our Armed Forces. Tell them "mission accomplished" .
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you cannot acknowledge fact.

Mission accomplished.
Unless acknowledging real world facts is beyond your capability to fight your programmed indoctrination to hate the Armed Forces of the United States.
dumdemsmama

Satellite Beach, FL

#1091400 Mar 5, 2014
leosnana wrote:
Fake teacher illegitimate babymama cutting fake school today again? LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1091402 Mar 5, 2014
What is most worrying is that the new government cannot control the infamous Right Sector. Its members are now popular heroes, the vanguard of the victorious "revolution". They have guns captured from police departments in the western regions and now, after Yanukovych's toppling, are demanding that the revolution needs to continue against "corrupt democracy" and liberalism. The liberals celebrating their decisiveness and crucial role in the Maidan movement are now discovering the right's reactionary ideas. Recently, the press secretary of the Right Sector gave an interview saying "we need to tell Europe the right way to go" and save it from the "terrible situation" of "total liberalism", when people don't go to church and are tolerant of lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender rights.

It is too soon for the Right Sector to move against the new government Ė it lacks the support. But the group may lead a new insurrection in the event of a rapid and deepening economic crisis. In the absence of any strong leftist force in Ukraine, social grievances will be whipped up by rightwing populists.

At the same time, the leading role of radical Ukrainian nationalists in potential new "social Maidan" will preclude any all-national movement against the ruling class, with mass participation from the east and the south of culturally divided Ukraine. Moreover, they even amplify separatist attitudes and attempts of pro-Russian provocations, as we have seen in Crimea. The full-scale civil war, although not inevitable, is a real threat now.

In this situation, the best policy for the west would be to insist on the peaceful resolution of the interregional conflicts in Ukraine, taking a strong position against participation of the far right in the new government and uncontrolled rightist paramilitaries on the streets. Last but not least, the west could offer unconditional help to Ukraine by cancelling its foreign debt Ė a popular demand raised by many progressive movements all over the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1091403 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought we were finally going to agree on something and then I saw the second half of the sentence and realized I'll never really be a part of your social life no matter what I do.
ok skip the joint....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091404 Mar 5, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I almost responded to her post with a brief reminder that we were completely content to sit back and let France and Britain fight Hitler....until Pearl Harbor....but I realized she's not capable of connecting the dots. Why bother.
fyi... A reich winger's figured out how to post from Honolulu.

Oh well... it was bound to happen sooner or later!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min hojo 64,464
Should AR15 be banned? 3 hr Truth About AR15 2
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 5 hr READ The TEACHER 13
Married men in panties 5 hr OUTTA carry a GUN 2
Pure Nasty Gullible Fool. 5 hr LEFT Coast Shiff 14
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 11 hr 2nd AMENDMENT 3
Men that wear panties 13 hr Should Carry Gun 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages