Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580103 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Angel

Boise, ID

#1091137 Mar 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
here's a sample of your ilk:
Newsweek poll of 1000 US citizens revealed
29% couldn't name the vice president
43% unable to define bill of rights
40% didn't know America fought Japan & Germany in WWII
73% didn't know Communism was main concern of the cold war
67% didn't know US economy is a capitalistic system
Only 1 in 4 could name more than 1 of the first 5 freedoms the 1st amendment upholds.
These are your typical LIV's who vote democrat, and clearly don't watch media like Fox News, they watch clown comedians like Stewart and Colbert.
Our liberal teachers are failing us
Most libs don't know where Russia is.
And you have something concrete to indicate those polled were Liberals?
No?
Didnt think so.
Pulled it out of your Butt ,huh?
Its been proven that right wing idealogy draws the Stupes and Personality Disordered.
The Poll results sound alot more typical of Teabaggers.
Angel

Boise, ID

#1091138 Mar 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
do whatever you want, you sick child molester....
meanwhile, middle class voters will punish the DemoKKKrats for screwing them with ObamaKKKare....
God,your a Fool.
I cant wait to hear you sniveling like a little Bitch about 'voter fraud' the day after Middle Class voters hand the Teabagging Repukes in Congress their asses.Lmao!!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091139 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Don’t let the sign up numbers for Obamacare fool you. Just because someone has successfully submitted an application through an exchange doesn’t actually mean he or she will have health coverage come January. The exchange network is still so opaque and plagued by operational flaws that many applicants are likely to get their plans covertly cancelled.
The biggest problem is that public officials have largely left enrollees in the dark about an important quirk of exchange plans: users have to pay their first month’s premium before coverage kicks in. Simply submitting the forms isn’t enough.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2013/1...
Can't you just hear Nancy Pelosi screaming "Surprise!" somewhere?
Okay Carol, let's look at the source of this OPINION piece. Sally Pipes is the president of the Pacific Research Institute which is a right wing think tank with connections to ALEC the bill mill responsible for right wing legislation like voter suppression laws and "stand your ground" aka "kill the witness"
You're going to have to do better than that.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091140 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's because this president is such a shallow politician and his politics so shallow that everyone should be able to see right through it.
Because everything you just posted is absolutely true.
He's overstepped the Constitution and his role as president so many times, everyone's heading is spinning to the point of being disoriented and no one can get their bearings long enough to storm the castle.
The liberal media went on vacation.
Only in your delusional hate warped mind Carol and nothing your buddy DB says is ever true and only a complete idiot like you would give credence to anything he posts.
And what this "everyone" nitwit?
Charlize Theron

Simsbury, CT

#1091141 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your delusional hate warped mind Carol and nothing your buddy DB says is ever true and only a complete idiot like you would give credence to anything he posts.
And what this "everyone" nitwit?
Hey STUIPID!

Is Sweden still doing "just fine"?

Swedish capital rocked by 5th night of riots

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/swedish-capital-...

Baawwaahhh!!!!

I sure am glad I woke up knowing I'm not a worthless liberal POS like you!
Angel

Simsbury, CT

#1091142 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Carol, let's look at the source of this OPINION piece. Sally Pipes is the president of the Pacific Research Institute which is a right wing think tank with connections to ALEC the bill mill responsible for right wing legislation like voter suppression laws and "stand your ground" aka "kill the witness"
You're going to have to do better than that.
God,your a Fool.
PDUPONT

Simsbury, CT

#1091143 Mar 5, 2014
Today, again, I will feel the need to respond to every single post I can find from Carol. I am an idiot and need to do this to vent my hate and sooth my warped mind.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1091145 Mar 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Because Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac made a market for subprime mortgages the lenders did not have to worry about of the soundness of the mortgage contract they wrote."
"In the 1990's under the administration of Franklin Raines, a Clinton Administration appointee, Fannie Mae began to demand that the lending institutions that it dealt with prove that they were not redlining. This meant that the lending institutions would have to fulfill a quota of minority mortgage lending. This in turn meant that the lending agencies would have to lower their standards in terms of such things as down payments and the required incomes. "
Coerced loans created the mortgage disaster and the unavoidable implosion, of course the head guys had already sucked out tens of millions of dollars for themselves.
"OMG OMG Banks can't discriminate."

And according to you, that created the housing collapse, recession, near financial meltdown, two quagmire wars, and doubling the debt

This is just how stupid you people have become.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091146 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes. So nothing's changed.
There are other ways to lose customers you don't want other than just refusing to serve them in the first place.
This bill and all the hoopla surrounding it was unnecessary. Business owners refusing to serve certain customers isn't anything new. This was just progressive liberalism using gays versus religious beliefs to make a mountain out of a molehill.
WRONG AGAIN STUPID! It was the business community that pushed for the veto of this dumb law.
You are right that it was unnecessary though, there's nothing in Arizona law that prevents business owners from refusing to serve gays. It's another example of the right wing wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that serves no purpose. What they were trying to do is put an official stamp of approval on their bigotry.
You're an idiot Carol!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091147 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "stupid" should be tattooed on YOUR forehead. That was the point. This administration thinks we're all stupid - thanks to YOU.
This coming from the nitwit who thinks global warming is a hoax because a ship got caught in the ice in the Antarctic.
Angel

Boise, ID

#1091148 Mar 5, 2014
Charlize Theron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey STUIPID!
Is Sweden still doing "just fine"?
Swedish capital rocked by 5th night of riots
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/swedish-capital-...
Baawwaahhh!!!!
I sure am glad I woke up knowing I'm not a worthless liberal POS like you!
'Charlize Theron'! Hah! nice sock puppet nitwit!
You used the 'Is Sweden doing just fine?' bit under your other name yesterday!
What a hydrocephalic cull!
Angel

Boise, ID

#1091149 Mar 5, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
God,your a Fool.
And now your using my name?
Such desperate measures mean you concede defeat.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091150 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Let's review:
Secretary of State, Kerry, naively compares any tension between Russia and the USA as not being Rocky IV.
Secretary of Health and Human Services, Sebelius, can't seem to figure out where her own number - 7 million - came from.
Senate Majority Leader, Reid, dismisses "the horror stories" surrounding Obamacare as "all untrue" - every single one of them.
Where are the Three Stooges when you need them?
The Three Stooges carol? You mean like you, DB and Galt?
Go ahead keep repeating the same idiotic posts , it's fun watching you chase your tail.
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1091151 Mar 5, 2014
I see old Nose Wax is waving the white flag again by posting as other members of topix.
The ultimate sign of a total lowlife coward. Confirming the "FACT" that he doesn't possess the knowledge, wit or intelligence to compete as himself. But then again we already all of that. Names that come to mind...Coward, lowlife, idiot, bottom feeder, obsessed, no life, wimp.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1091152 Mar 5, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This was nothing more than progressive liberals making a mountain out of a molehill.
Gays versus Christian/religious beliefs. Like red meat to ravenous wolves.
If it had been a Muslim baker....you'd be A-Okay with that as would your progressive pals.
Keep repeating that stupidity Carol. No I wouldn't be okay with anyone denying service to anyone based on their religious beliefs.
You're an idiot Carol!
Angel

Boise, ID

#1091153 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN STUPID! It was the business community that pushed for the veto of this dumb law.
You are right that it was unnecessary though, there's nothing in Arizona law that prevents business owners from refusing to serve gays. It's another example of the right wing wasting time and taxpayer money on legislation that serves no purpose. What they were trying to do is put an official stamp of approval on their bigotry.
You're an idiot Carol!
She would call Aparteid worthy Legislation "a Mountain out of a Molehill".
Im sure Arizona doesnt have any other more pressing problems to squander Tax Payer Money on.
Sounds like my home state of Idaho second only to Missisippi at the bottom of the list in Education record Unemployment,crumbling infrastructure and our Republican Legislature has been dedicating its full energies to......the rights of College Students to stockpile Guns and Ammunition on Campus.
It seems its a violation of their 2nd Amendment Rights not to show up Strapped when your confronting your proffessor about that C- in American Literature.
Its funny how when it comes to Pointless Republican Grandstanding and Posturing the Tax Payer's money is no consideration.
But hey they're stinking Hypocrites so what can you expect?
Angel

Boise, ID

#1091154 Mar 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
I see old Nose Wax is waving the white flag again by posting as other members of topix.
The ultimate sign of a total lowlife coward. Confirming the "FACT" that he doesn't possess the knowledge, wit or intelligence to compete as himself. But then again we already all of that. Names that come to mind...Coward, lowlife, idiot, bottom feeder, obsessed, no life, wimp.
Like I said playing sockpuppet games is conceding the fact that you cant refute what was posted.
Its the white flag.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1091155 Mar 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep repeating that stupidity Carol. No I wouldn't be okay with anyone denying service to anyone based on their religious beliefs.
You're an idiot Carol!
I think ATTITUDE would have a BIG influence on whether I would or not.
Mostly because we don't need any more shitty attitudes in this country asthey've been abunDunce enough over the past five years. Pride pretending to be anything else, can just be, well, so ugly.

!st Corinthians 13
4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered…does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1091156 Mar 5, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
<quoted text>
??? Wait... mentioned Bush?... the resident of the... um... united states? Is that what you mean?
You really hate veterans, don't you. You're squirming like a worm headed for the hook.
Now, back to the post you have been running away from:

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.

Congratulate our Armed Forces. Tell them "mission accomplished".
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the Armed Forces of the United States, you cannot even acknowledge factual history.

Congratulate the Armed Forces of the United States on their mission accomplished. Post it.
Mission accomplished.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1091157 Mar 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the Constitution prohibits the people from owning every type of weapon the government of the people own to police the people? I'm aware of only one set of rights in the Constitution, not two sets, one for the people not in government and another different set of rights for the people in government.
Show me that text from the Constitution.
So, why aren't you all " OMG OMG"ing about needing a permit to carry a concealed handgun??

Why in't the NRA having a fit bout it?

Why aren't you people demanding that we can all own automatic weapons without a special permit?

Why?

Because there are already regulations that are accepted .

This throws out your infringement argument by saying that "yes" some regulations are OK.

When some regulations are OK, then you can'y make that "infringement" argument that we can't have any regulations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Alyssa76 11,168
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Alyssa76 3,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Beams 63,943
News Mayor Emanuel, City of Chicago File Federal Law... 3 hr spud 93
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 8 hr Sojourner UNtruth 14
Trump Twilight Zone 10 hr ROD b Conservative 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages