Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1089765 Mar 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference between Democrats and Republicans dumbass is that we opposed the law because it was wrong and discriminatory. Republicans opposed it because they were afraid it would hurt business.
Democrats right vs. wrong.
Republicans profit vs. loss.
And just who wrote this inane, piece of crap legislation in the first place? It was extreme right wing religio- fascists just like you.
You're an idiot Carol!
The original Religious Freedom Restoration Act passed in the US House of Representatives and the US Senate 97 to 3 before being signed into law by then-President Bill Clinton in 1993.

Arizona's bill clarified a few points in the already existing law to further protect religious freedoms in light of the furor by progressive liberals over the issue of gay marriage.

Eleven constitutional scholars said the Arizona law had been “egregiously misrepresented by many of its critics” and though not all supported the legislation, in the letter they stated, "all of us believe that many criticisms of the Arizona law are deeply misleading.”.

The federal government and 18 states have Religious Freedom Restoration Acts on their books. More than 12 other states have interpreted their state constitutions to provide similar protections to religious individuals.

This is just another progressive liberal/communistic tactic to control the people using gay marriage as a tool.

Oh, by the way, your village called....
Patricangelily

Palm Coast, FL

#1089766 Mar 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama’s been beaten on Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and now in Ukraine."
I love it when you right whiners blame Obama for Bush's quagmire wars.
Obama was not beaten in Libya.
The US had nothing to do with the Ukraine situation.
I know you have nothing when you continually have to make up sh*t to blame Obama for.
You losers are ll alike - dumber than sh*t.
"make up sh*t"? Did you say, "make up sh*t"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089767 Mar 3, 2014
Patrick wrote:
The dollar and yen gained on Monday as investors sought the safety of these currencies as Russia's military intervention in Ukraine's Crimean peninsula fanned geopolitical tensions.
The greenback was further supported by economic data showing an increase in U.S. personal income and spending in January in the midst of one of the worst seasons in recent memory.
DJIA down 184
M Stein

New York, NY

#1089768 Mar 3, 2014
Obama's focus has always been on advancing a liberal domestic policy agenda, with foreign policy simmering on the back-burner.

This administration has seemed determined to present itself as the anti-Bush, exceedingly hesitant to exercise American hard power, and focused on restoring America's image in the world by adopting a more thoughtful global posture.

One of the centerpieces of this "smart power" approach was a "reset" in US-Russo relations, A POLICY THAT LIES IN TATTERS.

America has sacrificed much in exchange for a parade of Russian treachery, vis-a-vis Syria, Snowden and now Ukraine.

The "reset" has clearly benefited the Kremlin. What, if anything, has the US gained? For a sense of how cynical and calculating

Putin has been in advancing his interests while stifling ours, re-read his New York Times op-ed on Syria, published on September 11 of last year.

As OBAMA PONDERED strikes against the Moscow-backed and -armed Assad regime, Putin averred that military action requires "consensus" within the international community. That doctrine of restraint and consensus plainly didn't apply to Russia when it invaded Georgia, however, and it's been discarded again in Crimea.

Failure, thy name is Barack Hussein Barry Soetoro Chummer Obama.
Julia Child

Dallas, TX

#1089769 Mar 3, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never even mentioned a service record, let alone boast about it. I guess I should expect this though, it's sooo much easier to just give a nod and join in with a fellow leftist, than actually engage. In fact, I think I detect a little resentment in there Gummer. Venting a little, are we?
Well, you know, old fellow, I admit the anti-Obama stuff is a little grating sometimes, but for some reason I've never been concerned about your service record? Perhaps that's because I don't care about your service record and feel that if you wanted to be in the Army or whatever while the rest of us were smoking vast fields of questionable weed, taking LSD by the bucketload and trying to visit in a friendly fashion with every lovely vagina in America before our twentieth birthdays, then you should be allowed to take credit for it. I do not understand why this is such a big deal? At least it's not like KKKraig who claimed to have fought in a police action (we lost again, incidentally..) that was already over by the time he got there. You can be a general if you please, knock yourself out, just remember not to criticize me for not being one and don't bother trying to get me to clean up the barracks.
dem

United States

#1089770 Mar 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Most Americans don't know the Arizona bill that was just vetoed is already a federal law signed by former President Bill Clinton. The Arizona bill just clarified a few points in the already existing law to keep government out of one's personal religious beliefs by coercing businesses to provide specific services such as baking a cake or photographing gay weddings.

Gay marriage has just become a loophole for progressive liberals to deny some people their religious freedoms beginning in Arizona even though the protection of religious beliefs is already a federal law.

Ironically, there are cases where atheists have denied services to Christians for religious events. Guess they don't have that freedom anymore either.
Contradict yourself much, dumb carol?
Julia Child

Dallas, TX

#1089771 Mar 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Filthy jewtard pining for war.
Crude... but effective!
dem

United States

#1089772 Mar 3, 2014
positronium wrote:
You Obama shills are on the run, I see.
You winning, mr sheen?
dem

United States

#1089773 Mar 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>DJIA down 184
Right wing jagoff stock market update.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1089774 Mar 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same countries who once scoffed at Bush are now wishing they had a U.S. president with some substance who at least stood for something to scoff at now. No one is even paying attention to Obama. There's nothing to scoff at. There's no "there" there.
The economy wasn't nearly as bad in 2007 as it is now and certainly not unemployment.
If only the Democrats had joined the Republicans who wanted to rein in Fannie and Freddie while there was still time...when Bush tried to warn them. Both sides are at fault to some degree but Democrats, by far, put up the most resistance.
Ignorance breeds stupidity. I really wish you would educate yourself instead of relying on Faux News as your source in developing your opinions. It's sad.
Julia Child

Dallas, TX

#1089775 Mar 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Would this work on a little aborted republican too?
Well, yes... but I warn you they're tough and stringy and taste like chicken...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089777 Mar 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Anther dumbass right whiner wanting to go to war.
Why is it you f*king morons think military action is always the answer.
Russia is vulnerable to financial sanctions They know it.
what financial sanctions???...
Julia Child

Dallas, TX

#1089778 Mar 3, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So the old saying that "Republicans eat their young." is in fact true. Interesting.
As long as they cook them first, I reserve judgement.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#1089779 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not your oil until you buy it from them. It's their oil until you buy it from them. That's the way it works in the capitalist United States of America. Put your communist friends together and cough up the rmoney to buy the oil from them if you want to call it "our oil".
I know this is in direct contradiction to your Marxist communist indoctrination that teaches you the government owns everything.
Goddam communists. Having a communist government is like giving yourself cancer. Only an idiot would do that.
So you have no problem with American oil companies selling off America's future to the highest bidder? Since when did our freely elected government become communist?
Your kind won't be happy until all American workers are at the same wages as the .30/hr are in China. After all capitalism has brought us to the point of never in US history has the worker received less percentage of company profit in pay.
dem

United States

#1089780 Mar 3, 2014
Julia Child wrote:
<quoted text>Crude... but effective!
There is a fine line between truthful and crude. I'm definitely both.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1089781 Mar 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, the facts are the reich wingers are the ones stabbing vets in their face!
Let's compare you comment to actual history:

“I would like to talk, representing all those veterans, and say that several months ago in Detroit, we had an investigation at which over 150 honorably discharged and many very highly decorated veterans testified to war crimes committed in Southeast Asia, not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command. They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.”
John Kerry

Kerry hooked up with an organization called Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW). Two events cooked up by this group cemented in the public mind the image of Vietnam as one big atrocity. The first of these was the January 31, 1971, "Winter Soldier Investigation," organized by antiwar celebrities such as Jane Fonda, Dick Gregory, and Mark Lane. Here, individuals purporting to be Vietnam veterans told horrible stories of atrocities in Vietnam: using prisoners for target practice, throwing them out of helicopters, cutting off the ears of dead Viet Cong soldiers, burning villages, and gang-raping women as a matter of course.
The major organizers of the so-called “investigation” staged in Detroit in 1971 included Jane Fonda, Dick Gregory, Phil Ochs, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Tom Hayden, Daniel Berrigan, Donald Sutherland and activist lawyer and writer Mark Lane - the same guy who’d already been revealed as a fake. Also deeply involved in the organization of the event was the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) which included John Kerry who was on the VVAW Executive committee.
To reveal the depth of dishonesty present, Al Hubbard, one of the founders of the VVAW and its Executive Secretary, claimed to be an Air Force pilot, wounded in Viet Nam. In fact, Hubbard was never an officer, never wounded and never in Viet Nam. VVAW members Elton Mazione, John Laboon, Eddie Swetz and Kenneth Van Lesser all claimed to have been a part of the Phoenix program in Viet Nam where they routinely killed children and removed body parts as a part of their duty. They were shown to have never been in Viet Nam.
Niel Sheehan destroyed the credibility of Mark Lane’s book “Conversations with Americans” by revealing most of the “veterans” who’s “atrocities” Lane quoted hadn’t been in combat or even in Vietnam.
The Winter Soldier hearings: After all the atrocities were dutifully taken down, the transcript was inserted into the Congressional Record by Sen. Mark O. Hatfield, who asked the commandant of the Marine Corps to investigate the many crimes, particularly those perpetrated by Marines.
The most damaging finding consisted of the sworn statements of several veterans, corroborated by witnesses, that they had in fact not attended the hearing in Detroit. Fake "witnesses" had appropriated the names of real Vietnam veterans.

What you have is John Kerry inventing a system of lies solely for the purpose of slandering American veterans.

Now, tell us why you want some lying fraud like Kerry who dedicated his life to slandering American veterans with lies to be... anything at all.
Alias - Trish

Jackson, MO

#1089782 Mar 3, 2014
Patricangelily wrote:
<quoted text> "make up sh*t"?
LOL
LOL, that's quite the handle you've got their ... miss. Hahahahaha

Have a great day ya'll.:)
Alias - Trish

Jackson, MO

#1089783 Mar 3, 2014
There ... there there their they're 00 DOh!
Julia Child

Dallas, TX

#1089784 Mar 3, 2014
I haven't really been paying too much attention but is the motion on the table that the U.S. invade Russia? We couldn't even "win" against a bunch of goat herders in Iraq, what would be the point of invading a country with an actual Army?
dem

United States

#1089785 Mar 3, 2014
M Stein wrote:
Obama's focus has always been on advancing a liberal domestic policy agenda, with foreign policy simmering on the back-burner.

This administration has seemed determined to present itself as the anti-Bush, exceedingly hesitant to exercise American hard power, and focused on restoring America's image in the world by adopting a more thoughtful global posture.

One of the centerpieces of this "smart power" approach was a "reset" in US-Russo relations, A POLICY THAT LIES IN TATTERS.

America has sacrificed much in exchange for a parade of Russian treachery, vis-a-vis Syria, Snowden and now Ukraine.

The "reset" has clearly benefited the Kremlin. What, if anything, has the US gained? For a sense of how cynical and calculating

Putin has been in advancing his interests while stifling ours, re-read his New York Times op-ed on Syria, published on September 11 of last year.

As OBAMA PONDERED strikes against the Moscow-backed and -armed Assad regime, Putin averred that military action requires "consensus" within the international community. That doctrine of restraint and consensus plainly didn't apply to Russia when it invaded Georgia, however, and it's been discarded again in Crimea.

Failure, thy name is Barack Hussein Barry Soetoro Chummer Obamau.
A Facebook person I know actually posted a homage to that milf Palin for predicting this. Stupid Kkkhunt was bound to be right about something just so happens it wasn't time yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min PEllen 99,166
Ask Amy 3-5-15 8 min PEllen 1
Dear Abby 3-5-15 12 min PEllen 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min loose cannon 185,103
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,728
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,081
WLS-AM to dump Rush Limbaugh 1 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:59 am PST