Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232014 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Aroda, VA

#1089242 Mar 2, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"woodendick000"
If you believe what you posted above you are stoopid.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Well, lookie here we have the lettuce eating cheap beer drinking liar old simple minded Eed the babbling self admitted pervert. Who has yet to post any thing of value. Baby Huey, you are to be pitied....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089243 Mar 2, 2014
Aha! Speaking of a bigger vagina representing the presence of a smaller brain...(alway look at her leeps. The bigger the smile the bigger the hoo-hoo...)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1089244 Mar 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Mar 01, 2014 · Twenty-nine people were killed and 130 were injured Saturday night when 10 men armed with long knives stormed the station in the southwest Chinese city of Kunming, the state news agency Xinhua reported.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/chin...
After a gun violence serial killing spree on a university campus in the U.S. was reported, China's Public Security Ministry spokesman Wu Heping on Friday said China would maintain strict controls on guns.
However, on the same day as Sandy Hook, ironically, a 36-year-old Chinese man rampaged through a Chinese elementary school with a knife wounding 22 kids.
Another man in the Fujian province went on a slashing spree outside a primary school killing 8 and injuring 5. Over the next two months, four similar incidents took place in southern and inland China leaving more than eight primary and kindergarten students dead and 57 injured.
Two months ago, three students were killed and 13 injured when a man with a machete rampaged through a private daycare center in Guangxi.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
Gun ownership is tightly controlled in China where mass attacks usually involve men with a knife, cleaver, or machete.
It's the weapon....China, like the U.S., does not enforce more strict guidelines for institutionalizing potential threats to society.
Just FYI.
imagine how many would be dead if they had guns....
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089245 Mar 2, 2014
(Sarah's leeps must span 15 or 20 centimetres, no? Room for the whole team at once in there...)

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1089246 Mar 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how much CO2 is naturally released into the atmosphere?
If he's lobbying for nuclear energy, good for him.
When are you right whiners going to understand that our climate is based on naturally re eased CO2.

Man adds to it regardless how much is released naturally.

Arsenic naturally occurs in water, can I add some to your glass of water?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1089247 Mar 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah...none of those things...a true conservative that shows what ans ignorant ass you are daily....
every day.
Uh, you don't...unless you foolishly believe your calling someone stupid actually means anything.

Waukesha, WI

#1089248 Mar 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i know the facts.
LOL

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1089249 Mar 2, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
She should have instead demanded immediate U.N. deployment of observers into every Russian and Ukraine Newsroom. That would certainly send a chill down Putin's cold, stiff spine.
Russia is in the security counsel with a veto vote. The UN is basically a global redistribution program and a joke.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1089250 Mar 2, 2014
Apparently, it's more improbable than possible but...

Cyberwarfare is the greatest threat facing the United States – outstripping even terrorism – according to defense, military, and national security leaders in a Defense News poll - a sign that warnings about an imminent “cyber Pearl Harbor” have been absorbed in defense circles.

That warning, issued by then Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta in Oct. 2012, struck many as a fear-mongering plug for defense and intelligence funding at a moment when many in the United States, including 32 percent of those polled by the same Defense News Leadership Poll, believe the government spends too much on defense.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/...

(Just playing "topix reporter" this afternoon.)

Carlisle, PA

#1089251 Mar 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think he is alive. You just proved my point. A single organization had been splintered into numerous groups that are far more difficult to track by US intelligence. They're certainly not on the run. The funding is also splintered.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...
OK. So your plan to fight Al Qaeda is to strengthen their central leadership & give then a lot of funding just so you an track them better?

Mt God you morons are dumber than sh*t.
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089252 Mar 2, 2014
Djes, when I was younger I was often disappointed to seduce another woman only to deescover I might as well have seduced a man for all the hydraulic pressure and enthusiasm che generated... I chud no complain, but eet cost me a FORTUNE een choos. And thees both hands thingy they are all doing now! Chu might as well not even feed them first!(Conway, come over heer... NOW!)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1089253 Mar 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Mar 01, 2014 · Twenty-nine people were killed and 130 were injured Saturday night when 10 men armed with long knives stormed the station in the southwest Chinese city of Kunming, the state news agency Xinhua reported.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/chin...
After a gun violence serial killing spree on a university campus in the U.S. was reported, China's Public Security Ministry spokesman Wu Heping on Friday said China would maintain strict controls on guns.
However, on the same day as Sandy Hook, ironically, a 36-year-old Chinese man rampaged through a Chinese elementary school with a knife wounding 22 kids.
Another man in the Fujian province went on a slashing spree outside a primary school killing 8 and injuring 5. Over the next two months, four similar incidents took place in southern and inland China leaving more than eight primary and kindergarten students dead and 57 injured.
Two months ago, three students were killed and 13 injured when a man with a machete rampaged through a private daycare center in Guangxi.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
Gun ownership is tightly controlled in China where mass attacks usually involve men with a knife, cleaver, or machete.
It's the weapon....China, like the U.S., does not enforce more strict guidelines for institutionalizing potential threats to society.
Just FYI.
That's some real funny chit babe__what else ya got?
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089254 Mar 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lookie here we have the lettuce eating cheap beer drinking liar old simple minded Eed the babbling self admitted pervert. Who has yet to post any thing of value. Baby Huey, you are to be pitied....HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
Djes, well, dyu should not complain, chimaco. Dyur own currency eet ees een nagative territory for a long, long time now...
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089255 Mar 2, 2014
As KKKriag's dead wife used to say to heem when she was steel barely alive, "Eef dyu cain't say something nice, then go and f**k the dog again."

Carlisle, PA

#1089256 Mar 2, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, he's disgruntled. He left when it became more about politics than the environment.
The research is unproven. That's the point. I'm not ready for a totalitarian style government using the environment as a vehicle to gain power. With computer models, BS comes out when BS goes in. Not all of the factors are known.
How much of that research attributes volcanos as a culprit?
I get it.

Since we are talking modeling about the future, no research is good enough.

The politics is from the right.

Waukesha, WI

#1089257 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the only question is whether Putin laughs or tells Obama to f*ck off....
My guess would be both, in that order.
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089258 Mar 2, 2014
TSM wrote:
Can’t get the young to sign up for ‘Obamacare’ so Biden Tries to Sign Up Canadian woman ‘we’re desperate!!
Chu could get them ALL to sign up eef you simply made weed legal and by prescription only. they would be een there weeth belles on! Also, you would drive the rest of the insurance companies eento the weed business... and then eet might dawn on them that actually paying for chit for pipple ees better press than pissing on their heads.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1089259 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, you don't...unless you foolishly believe your calling someone stupid actually means anything.
proving it does. as i always do. unlike your next post..

why is it you couldn't counter my facts on that topic? yeah...we both know don't we....run along...go play with your dolls...
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089260 Mar 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real funny chit babe__what else ya got?
She ees just worried that something like thees will happen again... maybe at dinner tonight? Dyu never know, you know... Mia Madre used to call me up every time there was a disaster someplace een the world. Che would be very upset by an avalanche burying some skiers in Trieste or someplace. Eet would've been very cute eef eet wasn't so goddam annoying...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1089261 Mar 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>imagine how many would be dead if they had guns....
The point is...it's not the weapon.

Criminals also have guns and will have guns whether law-abiding citizens have them or not.

People sometimes snap for whatever reason. Like in China, they will find another weapon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min DrGuru 189,618
Dear Abby 5-22-15 46 min tiredofit 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min IBdaMann 53,453
Another chilly, gloomy summer predicted for Chi... 3 hr Civil Blotter XIV 1
Amy 5-22-15 4 hr Julie 8
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr Concerned_American 520
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Doug77 5,988
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr editor 99,531
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]