Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1547435 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1089944 Mar 3, 2014
Jack the Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Latin stuff is "so cool?" Just when I'm putting myself out there brokering a rapprochement you come up with the one thing more repulsive to me than cooked spinach. All I think of when I hear Latin bandied about is Miss Scelsi back in the ninth grade. She threw the book at me... literally! Little witch.
I'm also sorry but a degree of condescension is going to be necessary between us from time to time because you and Leo don't seem to be able to come to terms and I am obliged and always happy to support her in whatever she endeavors. On the other hand you seem to invite it? Oh well, at least you have your service record to fall back on.
I think I mentioned I was a veteran too, having robbed cases of M-16's from the (********* Armoury and lit the match that eliminated all draft records and files for the whole of Western Massachusetts. I like to think I served with distinction. We've apparently both been in the trenches but on opposite sides.
Leo huh. I'm sure you have your reasons. Yes, there is my service record. And you'll be eternally grateful that the WPP was able to provide 'you' some peace of mind.:)
Patrick

United States

#1089945 Mar 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what financial sanctions that Russia will give a damn about???...
..........reducing your 700 posts a day to 500?
-
Angela

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1089946 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse, moron?
The recession started in the 4th quarter of 2007.
So you think Dodd & Frank took oversight in 2005?
No wonder you are such a dumbass.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1089947 Mar 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Demorats took over Congress in Jan of 2007. Two years later would be Jan of 2009. The recession had been in process 13 months by then. Housing slide started in 2006.
The recession started 4th quarter of 2007. I have asked you a gazillion times to list the legislation the Democrats passed on the first 10 moths of 2007 that took us from your proclaimed Bush rosy economy to the worst recession in 80 years.
Come on Fletch,, dontcha have an answer???
Bring up dick Cheney's terminology. The guy who created two quagmire wars. Yep, listen yo him.
I have explained to you a gazillion times there was no legislation needed after the Republicans gave to the Democrats no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq. It wasn't until there was nothing left for the Republicans to give them that they stabbed the Republicans in the back and started condemning the Iraq front they supported and started slandering the American veterans.

Two years... one year eight months... let's round to two years, moron.

Are you talking about the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse?

Tell us again how you convinced those governments of those foreign countries to force the Special Purpose Vehicles to open their books for your investigation that you claim to have gotten the data from to make your ludicrous claim that the Democrats' Marxist CRA program didn't collapse our economy. That's the same as you telling us you looked into the confidential files at Obama's publisher's office with Obama's signature on the contracts.

You're a lying fraud.

You're an idiot.
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089948 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't know who John Kerry is.
On the other hand, let's see if you are so disgusted by our military, you won't be able to bring yourself to acknowledge facts.
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Tell the Armed Forces they accomplished their mission, you treasonous fraud.
You without doubt are a total nutcase. What did he do to get the real attackers and Bin Ladin? DUH... OBAMA ,Mission Accomplished..

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1089949 Mar 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a clueless Rethug would try to equate the Statue of Liberty with religion.
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"
Religion? It's about free speech, any speech. Hate speech is free speech.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089951 Mar 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...your request must have been contained in those 500 posts I jumped over.
Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969), the United States Supreme Court held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting, and is likely to incite, imminent lawless action.
Brandenburg v. Ohio is responsible for the "imminent lawless action test"..."speech is not protected by the First Amendment if the speaker intends to incite a violation of the law that is both imminent and likely."
"Innocence of Muslims" is, without a doubt, "likely to incite, imminent lawless action."
Galt is well aware of that case, which destroys your argument:

"The constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a state to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force, or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."

This test has been modified very little from its inception in 1969 and the formulation is still good law in the US. Only speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law.

The standard is imminent danger of unlawful action, and the speaker must have the intention to incite such action.

One cannot lose their First Amendment rights just because some crazy people react like primitive savages.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1089952 Mar 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Sarah quit on her own son.
She couldn't take the pressure.
Sarah Palin: "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1089953 Mar 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You without doubt are a total nutcase. What did he do to get the real attackers and Bin Ladin? DUH... OBAMA ,Mission Accomplished..
Let's see....

Panetta's CIA is tracking bin Laden down, and Holder's FBI clears a suicide bomber to enter the CIA's compound in Afghanistan who blows himself up and kills 7 members of the team tracking bin Laden down.

40 minutes before SEAL Team 6 lands in bin Laden's compound it was leaked to Valerie Jarrett the mission was happening and she issues an abort order (later explained with the excuse someone was looking at the weather map for the wrong day) and summons Obama from the golf course to her office. Obama didn't even have a clue the operation was happening.

Panetta killed bin Laden, moron. The administration did everything they could to stop him, to include blowing 7 CIA operatives up.

Now, since you butted in, how about you take this on:

The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.

Blain, PA

#1089954 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you don't know who John Kerry is.
On the other hand, let's see if you are so disgusted by our military, you won't be able to bring yourself to acknowledge facts.
Mission accomplished.
John Kerry only reported some of the problems that were happening in Vietnam. His efforts likely helped end that quagmire in Vietnam a little earlier saving soldiers lives. He volunteered in Vietnam & volunteered for dangerous duty on the rivers. He received 3 Purple Hearts

Its funny how easily you Tea Party scumbags throw a vet under the bus because he doesn't agree with your politics.

George W Bush invaded Afghanistan to get Bin Laden. He later declared him irrelevant throwing those that died during 9-11 under the bus. Mission failed miserably as he left office with a quagmire in Afghanistan.

George W Bush told us we had to invade Iraq because they had WMDs. None were found. Then he said he invaded because Sadam had ties to Al Qaeda, Then He said he invade to spread Democracy. You then said they were all lies because Bush invaded Iraq for strategic positioning. Which is it??

None of this was the fault of the military. It was the fault of the White House & George W Bush.

How may military personnel died because of this??

But hey. that John Kerry really hates the military, right jackass.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1089955 Mar 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
insufficient reason to violate First Amendment rights......
Not according to the Supreme Court.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1089956 Mar 3, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also freedom of choice to use free speech when one should to choose to do so.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1089957 Mar 3, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Even "free speech" has limits.

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” Søren Kierkegaard

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1089958 Mar 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>kin fact the protests led to over 50 deaths for that video.
it is fun to watch you deny the truth of the real world...
How can a video that got a grand total of 17 hits from around the world be the cause of anything? Why wasn't the cause the thousand other anti-Islam videos on the internet? Besides, that video didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack.

You're an idiot.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1089959 Mar 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is well aware of that case, which destroys your argument:
"The constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a state to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force, or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."
This test has been modified very little from its inception in 1969 and the formulation is still good law in the US. Only speech that poses an imminent danger of unlawful action, where the speaker has the intention to incite such action and there is the likelihood that this will be the consequence of his or her speech, may be restricted and punished by that law.
The standard is imminent danger of unlawful action, and the speaker must have the intention to incite such action.
One cannot lose their First Amendment rights just because some crazy people react like primitive savages.
Not true. You cannot incite anyone to riot and that is what "Innocence of Muslims" has proven to do.

Blain, PA

#1089960 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have explained to you a gazillion times there was no legislation needed after the Republicans gave to the Democrats no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program in exchange for the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq. It wasn't until there was nothing left for the Republicans to give them that they stabbed the Republicans in the back and started condemning the Iraq front they supported and started slandering the American veterans.
Two years... one year eight months... let's round to two years, moron.
Are you talking about the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse?
Tell us again how you convinced those governments of those foreign countries to force the Special Purpose Vehicles to open their books for your investigation that you claim to have gotten the data from to make your ludicrous claim that the Democrats' Marxist CRA program didn't collapse our economy. That's the same as you telling us you looked into the confidential files at Obama's publisher's office with Obama's signature on the contracts.
You're a lying fraud.
You're an idiot.
The recession started in December of 2007. Not even 11 months. Housing started the slide in 2006.

You can not produce a shred of evidence that CRA loans were the root cause. Statistics show that the percentage of failed loans that were CRA was about the same percentage of all loans that were CRA. CRA loans were standard long term loans.

It is obvious that a pretend oilfield engineer, that did not know fracking used water, would also not know anything about SPVs.

The people that published the book of authors said that Obama was never called about the bio.

Can't you come up with something new. Your old lies are getting really boring.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1089961 Mar 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it telling how "Christians" get so incensed when confronted with a scenario in which their Jesus is denigrated but are so willing to accept it when directed against another religion. You have made my point.
Well, Jesus didn't march an army around the Arab world slaughtering everyone in his path like Muhammed. Jesus didn't write a guide to enslave the world.
... just two of a plethora of differences.
So, do you like peace and love? Or, do you like war and hate? In other words, are you Christian or muslim?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1089962 Mar 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin will move on every former Soviet republic...
and then against the former satellites......
Obama will play golf and raise money in Hollywood....
This just in....

Obama has been in secret meetings the past couple of days, and all morning today, which is why he's missed the past few security briefings on Ukraine. He is expected to appear on ESPN after he finishes his assessment of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament and tells the country who the losers will be.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1089964 Mar 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The height of bad luck and kinda like being punished for a crime you didn't commit is to be ship wrecked on an island and you and carol were the only survivors. What's your next move dem? Sorry to lay this one on you pal but i'm sure you have a solution.
... yeah....))))

Didn't you die of brain cancer.... twice?
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089965 Mar 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....
Panetta's CIA is tracking bin Laden down, and Holder's FBI clears a suicide bomber to enter the CIA's compound in Afghanistan who blows himself up and kills 7 members of the team tracking bin Laden down.
40 minutes before SEAL Team 6 lands in bin Laden's compound it was leaked to Valerie Jarrett the mission was happening and she issues an abort order (later explained with the excuse someone was looking at the weather map for the wrong day) and summons Obama from the golf course to her office. Obama didn't even have a clue the operation was happening.
Panetta killed bin Laden, moron. The administration did everything they could to stop him, to include blowing 7 CIA operatives up.
Now, since you butted in, how about you take this on:
Mission accomplished.
What exactly did Saddam have to do with 911...It also was a illegal action on our part.. Was it worth the 5,000 of our finest and over 20,ooo casualties along with a few trillion dollars ?You belong either in prison, or at least a straight jacket, looney bird. I saw earlier where you denied you had ever mentioned being in the military.. Another lie. Idiots like you are not only Americas embarrassment but you are a lowlife traitor. Besides Sarah Palin is a scumbag, That whiney azzed voice would prevent most men from getting an erection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,834
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 241,523
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 2 hr Moved Away 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,829
Oui Vey 4 hr Democraps Fault 3
Chicago is a great city. 4 hr Is Mogadishu On Lake 8
Trump Just Sux 14 hr Iowa chew girls 37

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages