Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088525 Feb 28, 2014
As reports are coming in that Russia has placed 2,000 troops in Crimea, within the borders of Ukraine, President Obama said that “the United States will stand with the international community in affirming that there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine.”

Charles Krauthammer responded on Special Report tonight saying,“The Ukrainians, and I think everybody, is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement. I find it rather staggering.”

Krauthammer thinks Obama’s statement is about “three levels removed” from actual action. He explained: Obama said “we will stand with the international community — meaning we are going to negotiate with a dozen other countries who will water down the statement — in affirming that there will be costs — meaning in making a statement not even imposing a cost, but in making a statement about imposing a cost — for any military intervention.”

“What he’s saying is we’re not really going to do anything and we’re telling the world,” Krauthammer said.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088526 Feb 28, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
That hilarious, considering YOU voted for that corpse McLame!!!
who may well outlive Hillary.....

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1088527 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We can always count on a Republican to trample on the First Amendment.
The Right Wing Playbook on Anti-Muslim Extremism:
Strategy One: Frame Muslim-Americans as dangerous to America
Strategy Two: Twist statistics and use fake research to “prove” the Muslim threat
Strategy Three: Invent the danger of “creeping Sharia”
Strategy Four:“Defend liberty” by taking freedoms away from Muslims
Strategy Five: Claim that Islam is not a religion
Strategy Six: Maintain that Muslims have no First Amendment rights under the Constitution
Strategy Seven: Link anti-Muslim prejudice to anti-Obama rhetoric
Strategy Eight: Claim an “unholy alliance” exists that includes Muslims and other groups targeted by the Right Wing
"Tied in with hatred of President Obama, fear of religious diversity and hostility toward immigrants and gays, anti-Muslim rhetoric and paranoia has become a mainstream if not ubiquitous part of the conservative movement and the Republican Party."
http://www.pfaw.org/rww-in-focus/the-right-wi...
Il Duce and his brown shirts at the FCC ring a bell?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1088528 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not speak with deliberate intent to deceive. Therefore, he did not lie. He was quoting directly from the Affordable Care Act. Republicans can, and will, keep spinning it anyway they want. Doesn't make it true.
Republican Mantra: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Adolph Hitler
Holy crap! P O T M E E T K E T T L E!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1088529 Feb 28, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're a liar, Galt. An incompetent, pompous, and self-aggrandizing liar.
You are the mouth taking turns between the bottle, the men and the microphone....
Hawley Hunter

Bartlett, IL

#1088530 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
I can't believe people are complaining about this:
"Diners at eight Gator's Dockside casual eateries are finding a 1 percent ACA surcharge on their tabs, which comes to 15 cents on a typical $15 lunch tab. Signs on the door and at tables alert diners to the fee, which is also listed separately on the bill.
The Gator Group's full-time hourly employees won't actually receive health insurance until December. But the company said it implemented the surcharge now because of the compliance costs it's facing ahead of the ACA's employer mandate kicking in in 2015.
"The costs associated with ACA compliance could ultimately close our doors," the sign reads. "Instead of raising prices on our products to generate the additional revenue needed to cover the costs of ACA compliance, certain Gator's Dockside locations have implemented a 1% surcharge on all food and beverage purchases only."
The company employs a total of 500 people, with about half working full time. Currently only management receives health benefits, but the restaurant will have to offer coverage to all full-timers once the mandate takes effect. The fee will allow the company to continue offering full-time hours to many workers, according to Sandra Clark, the group's director of operations.
"I'm just trying to keep the employees I have that I've worked hard to train," Clark said."
Only a Republican would complain about 15 cents.
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/health/health-care-r...
The Papa John's pizza tool muked about less than 15 cents added to of his carppy pizzas too. You know what they say: "Penny weasely, pound effing insane." Something like that.

“you know i know”

denver

#1088532 Feb 28, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash: it's 2014!!!
Funny, nothing's changed for me or anyone I know.
You reichtards are so hyperbolic.
Yup, you're still on welfare, food stamps, section eight housing, yakking on your Obamaphone, business as usual.

Lapeer, MI

#1088533 Feb 28, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome, Galt. Any time I can point out your inconsistencies and notable bullshit, I'll be there with bells on.
You are like dried snot on the elevator buttons.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088534 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
29% couldn't name the vice president... And this matters why?
43% unable to define bill of rights... They're probably married.. in fact, I'm pretty sure they're the only ones left who are?
40% didn't know America fought Japan & Germany in WWII.... They're just surprised that we actually ever won anything....
73% didn't know Communism was main concern of the cold war... What's a "cold" war as opposed to a "hot" one? Further from the equator? A LOT further these days...
67% didn't know US economy is a capitalistic system.? It's not. Is this a trick question?
Only 1 in 4 could name more than 1 of the first 5 freedoms the 1st amendment upholds. Wait! Wait! Let me try... um... Sight... Smell... Taste... no, I'm just kidding, the first five freedoms are, freedom from dumb pricks asking stoopid questions; freedom from dumb pricks making sexual decisions for you; freedom from dumb pricks telling you which God is the one TRUE God; (how many is that?) Freedom from Navy SEAL worship... or Columbus for that matter....
These are your typical LIV's who vote democrat, and clearly don't watch media like Fox News, they watch clown comedians like Stewart and Colbert. I'm pretty sure you've got that backwards?(Bet your wife never said THAT to you, huh?)
Our liberal teachers are failing us. Mine didn't. My art teacher in the third grade was the first woman who ever showed me her tits. Of course, that was because I dumped my ant farm on her desk earlier in the day... Plus, my family was poor so I just got the ants out of the back yard of the trailer...
No conservative, no republican, no Fox news watcher would ever be included in this sorry group. no conservative, no republican, no fox news watcher would ever be included in ANY group unless it was retarded.
We see dems all the time on "jaywalking" and Jimmy Kimmels pranks. LIV libs who think WWII was in the 18th century. WWII was not in the eighteenth century, of course, that was Vietnam. By the way, why aren't you old fucks dead yet? Haven't we all suffered through endless Tom Hanks movies long enough?
My responses to the quotes...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1088535 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
As reports are coming in that Russia has placed 2,000 troops in Crimea, within the borders of Ukraine, President Obama said that “the United States will stand with the international community in affirming that there will be costs for any military intervention in Ukraine.”
Charles Krauthammer responded on Special Report tonight saying,“The Ukrainians, and I think everybody, is shocked by the weakness of Obama’s statement. I find it rather staggering.”
Krauthammer thinks Obama’s statement is about “three levels removed” from actual action. He explained: Obama said “we will stand with the international community — meaning we are going to negotiate with a dozen other countries who will water down the statement — in affirming that there will be costs — meaning in making a statement not even imposing a cost, but in making a statement about imposing a cost — for any military intervention.”
“What he’s saying is we’re not really going to do anything and we’re telling the world,” Krauthammer said.
Krauthammer...Iraq War cheerleader. Yeah right

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1088537 Feb 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>May she rest in peace. I am sorry for your lose. I say a Jewish prayer for you:
As long as we live, they too will live; for they are now are a part of us; as we remember them.
G-d bless you and remember, G-d is closest to those with broken hearts.
Thanks Fetch. That's very nice.

Lapeer, MI

#1088538 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jarrett was on the O'Reilly Factor last night. Because O'Reilly has been on a personal mission to draw attention to the lack of black leaders sending the right messages to the black community for months and directing one of his questions about this to Obama in the Super Bowl interview, Jarrett invited O'Reilly to the big WH announcement about "My Brother's Keeper" initiative. Obama even acknowledged O'Reilly's passion about this issue at that event.
But it takes someone like O'Reilly to light a fire.
"My Brother's Keeper" but he'll use non-brother's money to play this stupid suck-up to his racist pals.

Black racism has found a high perch to poop from.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088539 Feb 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like dried snot on the elevator buttons.
At last! Something we KNOW you're an exspurt in...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1088540 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
who may well outlive Hillary.....
Tell us all the story about Christie defeating Obama again, Nobraina. I LOVE that story!!!
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088541 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you're still on welfare, food stamps, section eight housing, yakking on your Obamaphone, business as usual.
And you're as good as dead
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1088542 Feb 28, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Another cranky reichtard. Yup, still losing elections.

“you know i know”

denver

#1088543 Feb 28, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you're going with all this but, just to clear things up, americans die all the time. It's the inevitable result of letting the stoopid reproduce like rabbits. I'm pretty sure it was you guys who built Las Vegas so don't go getting all prim and proper about the trashy dump all of a sudden.
You didn't build that

Il Duce

Well, wtf did build it?

Where I'm going is Il Duce was Awol for Bengazi and then repeatedly lied about it.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088544 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Well, if anybody would be 'staggered' by anything the President might have said about the situation in the Ukraine it would be Charles Krauthammer. And, for this reason, he should remain safely seated in his wheelchair and continue to sharpen his nose methodically.
Hawley 4 barrel

Bartlett, IL

#1088545 Feb 28, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap! P O T M E E T K E T T L E!
GYNGER MEET CAPS LOCK!

Oh, I see you've been introduced....

Lapeer, MI

#1088546 Feb 28, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Anybody called you a liar yet> Consider it done.(Of all half-truths, no truths, and out and out lies...Obama comin' for your everything!)
A liar screaming "Liar!" is an object of scorn.

Consider yourself scorned, Liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Jacques Ottawa 184,286
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Terrible_Herbst 5,339
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr positronium 50,184
Amy 1-25-14 2 hr Sublime1 2
South Side man faces charges in Englewood shooting 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
3 injured in daytime shootings Saturday 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr PEllen 98,971
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 16 hr Chooch 73
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]