Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565651 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089339 Mar 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they were ready. the plant was not harmed by the quake or the tsunami. they just lost their power grid and that caused the meltdown because of the flawed design of the reactor.
wrong again....

the reactor design was not flawed, just the design of the emergency power system....
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089340 Mar 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. But since I'm not among friends, gonna go ahead eat some tomatoes and okra.
How do you know you're not among friends? You're posting in an allegedly anonymous chatroom on the internet? I could be your mailman for all you know or your sister-in-law... you know the stupid one with the perm that makes her appear to be always on the verge of electrocution?
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089341 Mar 2, 2014
Mmmmmm tomatoes and okra.... did my Betty stories remind you of that slimy, inedible shit, or are you envisioning new yawk's pores?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089342 Mar 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
(Reuters)- Syria has given up less than 5 percent of its chemical weapons arsenal and will miss next week's deadline to send all toxic agents abroad for destruction, sources familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
A senior Western diplomat said the Syrian government is "teasing us" by dragging its heels but doing enough to avoid being declared in non-compliance with its obligation to destroy its chemical weapons program.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/29/us-...
Could it be Syria and Russia might not be as compliant as the U.S. and the rest of the world wanted to believed?
Suppose time will tell.
Obama will draw another "red line" and send his trained monkey to the UN......

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1089343 Mar 2, 2014
The Motive

¨Robert Bauer had the motive to direct IRS policy against Tea Party groups.

He is a longtime opponent of First Amendment freedoms and an advocate of government-speech regulation. He also can’t stand the work the Tea Party is conducting to monitor and eradicate voter fraud, work the Republican Party and national campaigns have utterly failed to perform.

During the 2008 election, while representing the Obama campaign, Bauer sent a threatening letter to the Justice Department demanding criminal investigations of people who had the audacity to speak about voter fraud.

Bauer even singled out Sarah Palin in the letter. Anyone who “developed or disseminated” information about voter fraud, to Bauer, deserved the heavy boot of a criminal investigation. Read the letter; it reveals a nasty, thuggish, and lawless attitude toward political opposition.

To Bauer, those merely speaking about voter fraud were worthy of criminal investigation. Sound familiar?¨
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089344 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may shake my head but I'm never "shocked" by your postings. If I'm personally offended, I just smile at your patience and deliberation about this imaginary world and move along. It's my problem, not yours.
You're VERY precious to me you know... the only reason I still do this stuff is, number one, so I don't have to watch Jeopardy or do crosswords, and, two, because you are totally charming and you make me behave like a wicked little boy just to see you smiling. This is all true and I know you know it is. That's a LOT of power you girls hold, I'm just saying...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1089345 Mar 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you have inside sources, but would you mind sharing the source this time?
It's not all that difficult to understand doll. There are chemicals and manufacturing equipment which are being destroyed in place by Finish and French based firms. And then there are the actual ready to use chemical weapons, warheads and such. Combined, these items constitute the "arsenal."

Your article was wrong__no biggie.

And BTW, there's a civil war going on in Syria much of it centered around Aleppo where the bulk of Syria's chemical weapons are made and stored.

It doesn't really matter babe__Syria is not our fn problem. Russia, France, Iran and the Arab nations can deal with that craziness.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089346 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
I just jumped over 500 posts so I apologize if I am bringing up old news but what's with Google's effort to restore the YouTube version of the anti-Muslim video, "Innocence of Muslims"? Trying to hide behind "Freedom of Speech" makes a mockery of the laws which protect groups from hate speech and vitriol.
Glad to see that the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals denied their arguments but am surprised Google opted to go down this path at all.
http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_252487...
the American people have a right to know whether there was anything in the video to justify the murder of four Americans by Obama's Islamic friends....

and the lies by the Obama administration.....
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1089347 Mar 2, 2014
Ukrainian Navy flagship takes Russia’s side – report

March 1, 2014

Ukraine’s Navy flagship, the Hetman Sahaidachny frigate, has reportedly refused to follow orders from Kiev, and come over to Russia’s side and is returning home after taking part in NATO operation in the Gulf of Aden flying the Russian naval flag.

There has been conflicting information on where exactly the vessel is, but a Russian senator has confirmed to Izvestia daily that the frigate defected to the Russian side....

http://rt.com/news/ukraine-navy-flaghsip-prot...

----

Could it be that when Ukraine's Navy flagship was "taking part in NATO operation in the Gulf of Aden", the Ukrianian troops were replaced with NATO troops?
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089348 Mar 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Funny how as usual, reich wingers believe a sovereign country has no rights.
Its about time the black community looked at itself in the mirror and recognized they cause their own problems.

Keep it in your pants.

Stay in school.

Marry your girlfriend before you have a kid.

Don't have a kid you can't afford.

When you do have a kid, be responsible for it as a father.

Don't abdicate your responsibility to support that child to the government.

You could be first.
Donna Belladona Mio

Buffalo, NY

#1089349 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I may shake my head but I'm never "shocked" by your postings. If I'm personally offended, I just smile at your patience and deliberation about this imaginary world and move along. It's my problem, not yours.
Imaginary, huh? I'm hurt... well, not really... my third wife thought I was kidding about my past too...... the problem was actually HER past oddly enough.... It's likely that when you marry a woman who refers to your genitals as "ibid, 5,431," that the relationship is doomed to failure from the start... it speaks, however, to the restorative powers of alum though... applied topically I mean...(I'm ashamed of myself... forgive me)... I make you laugh though and that just eggs me on... If you ever told me what sort of religious school you attended you would never be able keep a straight face ever again...
Jacks Back

Buffalo, NY

#1089350 Mar 2, 2014
George K wrote:
<quoted text>Its about time the black community looked at itself in the mirror and recognized they cause their own problems.
Keep it in your pants.
Stay in school.
Marry your girlfriend before you have a kid.
Don't have a kid you can't afford.
When you do have a kid, be responsible for it as a father.
Don't abdicate your responsibility to support that child to the government.
You could be first.
"Oh, jeez, Rochester, don't tell me we're having leftovers again?..."
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089351 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the American people have a right to know whether there was anything in the video to justify the murder of four Americans by Obama's Islamic friends....
The Obama administration lets known terrorists into the country to fundraise. But then again, Obama has had a special relationship with known terrorists for years.

Even as the Obama administration denounced what it called anti-gay legislation in Arizona and the president sat out the Sochi Olympics because of Russia’s crackdown on same-sex couples, the State Department allowed an Islamic preacher who called for the death penalty for homosexuals into the country for a tour of hate.

Sheikh Mohammad Rateb al-Nabulsi was issued a visa for a 17-city tour of US mosques to raise money and support for the Syrian uprising. He arrived New Year’s Day.

The radical Syrian cleric has made no secret of his virulent anti-gay views. Appearing April 28, 2011, on al Aqsa TV, the official network of the Hamas terrorist organization in Gaza, al-Nabulsi said:“Homosexuality involves a filthy place and does not generate offspring. Homosexuality leads to the destruction of the homosexual. That is why, brothers, homosexuality carries the death penalty.”

The radical’s remarks were translated into English and widely distributed in the diplomatic and intelligence communities. The independent Middle East Media Research Institute, MEMRI, translated a 2¹/&#8322;-minute segment from the speech, in which al-Nabulsi explained with clear contempt the spread of homosexual practices in Western countries.

In addition to his anti-gay pronouncements, Sheikh al-Nabulsi has publicly endorsed holy war against Westerners and Jews as well as suicide bombings against Israel, America’s democratic ally in the region.

Modal Trigger
Columns of smoke rise following an Israeli air strike in Gaza City in November.Photo: AP Photo/Adel Hana

“All the Jewish people are combatants,” he said in a religious edict that appeared in Arabic on his personal website.

“[The Israelis] do not have a regular army; they have a reserve army, and all the people can fight, so this is essentially an entirely aggressive entity from A to Z. This is the Sharia ruling.”

“The enemy ... says ‘suicide operations’ to deceive Muslims, that this is suicide, but we should call them ‘martyrdom operations,’” he said.

The Muslim leader came to the United States for a fundraising tour for a newly formed coalition of radical Islamist militias fighting Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad. The Syrian civil war has cost more than 100,000 civilian lives, according to United Nations’ estimates.

The cleric’s tour was sponsored by the Syrian American Council and Shaam Relief,
groups that are spearheading a massive lobbying campaign to convince Congress to support an anti-Assad alliance of Islamist groups, some of them with reported ties to al Qaeda.

During his month-long tour, al-Nabulsi spoke in Arabic to audiences from coast to coast. His appearances, heavily promoted on Facebook, began in Spring Hill, Fla., on Jan. 1 and included a stop in Jersey City. There are no publicly available records of how much money he raised.

The Syrian American Council submitted al-Nabulsi’s visa request to the State Department’s Syria desk. A Department official told the American Media Institute that all visa requests, especially for individuals from countries on the State Department’s list of state sponsors of terrorism, get scrutinized.

“Every visa applicant undergoes a screening to detect connections to terrorism, and that includes inputs from multiple federal partners,” the official said.

Chances are the Obama administration simply wants to look the other way. To avoid offending Muslims, they ignore hate speech and worry more about the Tea Party or Arizona.
John Dough

Buffalo, NY

#1089352 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Objection, your honor, leading..."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089353 Mar 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not all that difficult to understand doll. There are chemicals and manufacturing equipment which are being destroyed in place by Finish and French based firms. And then there are the actual ready to use chemical weapons, warheads and such. Combined, these items constitute the "arsenal."
Your article was wrong__no biggie.
And BTW, there's a civil war going on in Syria much of it centered around Aleppo where the bulk of Syria's chemical weapons are made and stored.
It doesn't really matter babe__Syria is not our fn problem. Russia, France, Iran and the Arab nations can deal with that craziness.
Russia and Iran will help Assad to exterminate Obama's al Qaeda friends, so that's a good thing.....
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089354 Mar 2, 2014
Who is going to be the first to apologize to Mitt Romney? The president who promised the Russians he'd have more "flexibility" after the election, the vice president or Hillary Rodham Clinton?

All three, along with the biased media, mocked Romney the presidential candidate in 2012 when he called Russia “our number one geopolitical foe.”

Obama said his opponent was “stuck in a Cold War mind warp.”

Clinton, then secretary of state, offered her two cents, saying,“In many of the areas where we are working to solve problems, Russia has been an ally.”

Biden added that “This is not 1956.”

Actually, it is 1956 — in Vladimir Putin’s Russia. The Bear is on the march, sending in thousands of troops to the Crimea region of Ukraine.

The unrest that toppled the president left an opening, and the mini-invasion probably means Putin plans to annex part of the country.

Only Obama and his ship of fools were surprised. The military move came less than 24 hours after Clinton’s successor, John Kerry, said Russia promised it would “respect” Ukraine’s sovereignty.

Well, comrade, that depends on how you define “respect.”

And you can almost hear the howls of laughter in Moscow after Obama warned that “there will be costs for any military intervention.”

Putin has Obama’s number, which is zero when it comes to the Great Game.

As for Romney, just several weeks ago he said:“I think Putin has outperformed our president time and time again on the world stage.”

Obama the Zero is as flexible as a pretzel and shows how he still doesn't know what he is doing.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1089355 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
A reminder to Republicans....
If Republicans want to claim that Obama is showing weakness then they will have to rethink their opinion of Bush.
Obama warned there will be "consequences" if people "step over the line."

Like the "red line" in Syria that Obama warned Bashar Assad he better not cross? Well, Assad crossed it, and guess what - nothing happened.

The second Obama hangs up the phone, world leaders let loose the laughter they've been holding back and then go about their business as usual.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1089356 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans with a brain already know what is in the video. It depicts Mohammad as a religious fraud, pedophile and womanizer. That's all one needs to know. There is no difference between that movie and a movie that depicts Jesus and his group of disciples as a merry group of religious frauds...homosexuals out to convert the masses. Both are fictional messages of hate. There is no place in America for hateful attacks on any group...Muslims, Christians, Jews, Gays, etc. None.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1089357 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
The Motive
¨Robert Bauer had the motive to direct IRS policy against Tea Party groups.
He is a longtime opponent of First Amendment freedoms and an advocate of government-speech regulation. He also can’t stand the work the Tea Party is conducting to monitor and eradicate voter fraud, work the Republican Party and national campaigns have utterly failed to perform.
During the 2008 election, while representing the Obama campaign, Bauer sent a threatening letter to the Justice Department demanding criminal investigations of people who had the audacity to speak about voter fraud.
Bauer even singled out Sarah Palin in the letter. Anyone who “developed or disseminated” information about voter fraud, to Bauer, deserved the heavy boot of a criminal investigation. Read the letter; it reveals a nasty, thuggish, and lawless attitude toward political opposition.
To Bauer, those merely speaking about voter fraud were worthy of criminal investigation. Sound familiar?¨
PJ Media? ROFLMAO
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089358 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans with a brain already know what is in the video. It depicts Mohammad as a religious fraud, pedophile and womanizer. That's all one needs to know. There is no difference between that movie and a movie that depicts Jesus and his group of disciples as a merry group of religious frauds...homosexuals out to convert the masses. Both are fictional messages of hate. There is no place in America for hateful attacks on any group...Muslims, Christians, Jews, Gays, etc. None.
have you seen the video?

and who gives you the right to decide what should be censored?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr District 1 242,270
How Adam got Eve. 5 hr The Serpent 1
Trump Sounds like a fool 5 hr Don Screwball 3
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 6 hr Another Big Lie 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 11,018
Trump will lose Votes after today's speech 8 hr Tr ps No Deal 1
Trump shut up 9 hr Stop Ait 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages