Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659935 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1089379 Mar 2, 2014
George K wrote:
<quoted text>Who do you suppose gets to be the man in the relationship? Obama the Pretzel or Putin?
Remember when the media and the liberals (same thing) made fun of Bush's Cowboy Diplomacy?
The world is far worse off since those days. He started off with an Apology Tour and Obama is failing everywhere. Neville Chamberlain would be so proud.
Hmmmm.... I don't recall bushie boy doing an apology tour....

... but he should!

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1089380 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census)– 5 times the average.
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average.(Center for Disease Control)
80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average.(Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average.(National Principals Association Report)
Anything on the % of single mothers who vote for the handout, er, I mean democrat?
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089381 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes (US Dept. Of Health/Census)– 5 times the average.
90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.
85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average.(Center for Disease Control)
80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes –14 times the average.(Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)
71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average.(National Principals Association Report)
I suspect we can safely put you in the 80% bracket....Since the only way any woman would ever make love to you would be against her will and we witness your daily uncontrollable anger issues on here, the only thing missing is the stupid part,
John Dough

Buffalo, NY

#1089382 Mar 2, 2014
"Mitt, honey? It's me, John... yeah, yeah, I'm fine... they're fine too, thank you for asking... um, nope, still in jail... well thanks that means a lot... I'll tell her... uh-huh... Look, Mitt, the reason I'm calling is to apologize for how I treated you back during the election.... no, no, the last one... yeah.. uh-huh... I know I said you were a pantywaist and a Mormon pervert... yes, yes, that's what I'm apologizing for.... that's right, and well... I'm sorry.... Mitt? Mitt, are you still there?... Yes, well I just wanted to get that off... what? You did what? You goddam idiot prick, why'd you do that?... Fair?... what the hell's fair about that you... you... WEASEL!" (slams the phone down.) There. How was that?
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089383 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Mock the source, ignore the facts. How typical of the useful Obama idiot.
BTW, has your tiny brain yet to figure out why Lois Lerner invoked the 5th?
Didn't think so.
(Don't worry, there are still a handful of other useful idiots here who think you're cool)
Have they impeached your sorry Governor yet? It's gonna be a bad year for you lowlife baggers.
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089384 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything on the % of single mothers who vote for the handout, er, I mean democrat?
Your blue states are the biggest handout takers simpleton.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089385 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
probably very high, but here are some more facts.....

Father Factor in Education - Fatherless children are twice as likely to drop out of school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are 40% less likely to repeat a grade in school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are 70% less likely to drop out of school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to get A’s in school.

Children with Fathers who are involved are more likely to enjoy school and engage in extracurricular activities.

75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes – 10 times the average.

Waukesha, WI

#1089386 Mar 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a hypocrite if you think that didn't happen.
You are dishonest for pretending to know what DID happen.

I couldn't care less about what Putin thought of Bush, but I'll guarantee it was with more respect than he has for Obama.

So, what are you, besides incredibly ignorant, for continually claiming Obama's not a liar? You do realize even members of his own party have admitted he lied, don't you?
John Dough

Buffalo, NY

#1089387 Mar 2, 2014
Now, you see, KKKraig? You can whine to the Topix Indians and have any of that stuff I just wrote erased and burned in the streets. It took me about a half hour I guess? But I wasn't keeping track. Nope, I was actually back there and doing all that again... feeling what it felt like... what those girls and women looked like, smelled like, sounded like, tasted like,.. I can nearly remember everything about it now and it's gone! Those stories are delivered out into the ether and there's not a goddam thing you or anybody else can do about it. Now eat your heart out, boy.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1089388 Mar 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
think about the welfare costs without Planned Parenthood to fulfill their historic function of slaughtering the underclasses....
They're the Soylent Green of the Democrat Party. These people are their bread and butter. They're ground up by the system that created them, into alarming statistics which are then used to fuel calls for more taxpayer sympathy. It's as close to perpetual motion as it gets.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1089389 Mar 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I don't suppose that you have a source for that bullsht do you?
What are you 'clean out of ideas?'
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1089390 Mar 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
They're the Soylent Green of the Democrat Party. These people are their bread and butter. They're ground up by the system that created them, into alarming statistics which are then used to fuel calls for more taxpayer sympathy. It's as close to perpetual motion as it gets.
it's a delicate balance, however, between having enough black votes to swing an election without having so many black votes that they take over the party...

that's what sank Hillary in 2008 and will continue to affect the DemoKKKrats in the future......

if Hillary decides to run in 2016, that will be the last gasp for white DemoKKKrats on the national level.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1089391 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Mock the source, ignore the facts. How typical of the useful Obama idiot.
BTW, has your tiny brain yet to figure out why Lois Lerner invoked the 5th?
Didn't think so.
(Don't worry, there are still a handful of other useful idiots here who think you're cool)
JBS.org should be right up your alley___likely more accurate than PJ Media too__if only slightly.

ROFLMAO
Grey Ghost

Annandale, VA

#1089392 Mar 2, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dishonest for pretending to know what DID happen.
I couldn't care less about what Putin thought of Bush, but I'll guarantee it was with more respect than he has for Obama.
So, what are you, besides incredibly ignorant, for continually claiming Obama's not a liar? You do realize even members of his own party have admitted he lied, don't you?
Let's see just who the real hypocrite is??? So you are saying he doesn't know what happened...Then you say you pretend to know the amount of respect that he had toward the Bush bunny. Then to compound things and make yourself the total hypocrite...You ignore the "FACT" that Bush without doubt is the biggest liar of all. That also cost us over 5,000 wasted lives and a few trillion dollars. Talk about warped?????

Waukesha, WI

#1089393 Mar 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blue states are the biggest handout takers simpleton.
I disagree, simpleton.

Blue STATES aren't the biggest takers, it's the democrat run, BLUE CITIES that are the biggest handout takers. You know, the BLUE urban areas that have been controlled by corrupt BLUE democrats for decades.

BTW, Governor Walker continues to thwart all efforts to unseat him by lying democrats. In fact, he takes great pleasure in bitch-slapping your kind.

Waukesha, WI

#1089394 Mar 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> JBS.org should be right up your alley___likely more accurate than PJ Media too__if only slightly.
ROFLMAO
And I'm ¨ROTFLMAO¨ while you leftist nincompoops ignore the coming Lerner immunity.
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089395 Mar 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmm.... I don't recall bushie boy doing an apology tour....
... but he should!
It was some guy with a secret past who kept bragging how his middle name was Hussein. This was in Cairo before they were rioting and he had to draw one of his many pretend lines that he was bluffing about.
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089396 Mar 2, 2014
John Dough wrote:
Actually, 16 dear, when my mother died recently I was going through her extensive collection of everything in the world that is NOT an antique and came upon my Junior High School yearbook, and there they all were! Janet, Debbie, Amy, Betty, Sarah, Barbara, Gwen, Sandy, Sandy, Kathy, Michela, Cici, Ann.. all of them, pristine... in many case untouched... it was like opening a treasure chest of lovely, languorous memories I'd forgotten and all their cute little smiling faces and short, short skirts, high bosomed blouses, just sort of burst out at me, all except for Karen Lidstone, of course, who already had a noticeable mustache in the 7th grade and who would go on to knock my pet tarantula, Herbert, off my desk in Algebra class thereby limiting his usefulness as an exhibit for Biology class, which followed immediately afterwards. She was wearing one of these fru-fru pink fluffy things with a thousand layers and I cursed her thoughtless frightful couture out loud which got me sent to the office, which allowed me to meet my substitute English teacher, Mrs. Brooks, whose behind I would soon photograph with a tiny little Leica camera I took from my brother, who had stolen it, as she bent over to help Albe Trembley who sat right in front of me and who was struggling with the concept of writing a complete sentence and who later became a republican representative from Berkshire County.... and Mrs. Brooks nails I will ever see in my entire life.
I realize now that I was, as a mere boy, being given a lesson in how to recognize the look of a woman who knows more about life than I would ever know and that I was in love with her, completely, irretrievably, and that she knew it. And I realized that from that day forward I would never take a woman's love for granted, though I would break that pledge magnificently within a few weeks it turned out... But it's a feeling you don't forget even if you can't live up to it... she KNEW I couldn't live up to it... she KNEW! And still she smiled down at me indulgently and made no attempt to hide the curves of her body which had me wedged in my seat as surely as if I'd been glued there. Thanks, mom, wherever you are… thanks for saving that relic for me.
Is this from Dreams of my Absentee Kenyan Father who Fed Me Dog?

Or the Audacity of Dope?
RedLobsterGhost

Satellite Beach, FL

#1089397 Mar 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see just who the real hypocrite is??? So you are saying he doesn't know what happened...Then you say you pretend to know the amount of respect that he had toward the Bush bunny. Then to compound things and make yourself the total hypocrite...You ignore the "FACT" that Bush without doubt is the biggest liar of all. That also cost us over 5,000 wasted lives and a few trillion dollars. Talk about warped?????
"real hypocrite"? "total hypocrite"? "biggest liar of all"? "warped"? Did you say, "real hypocrite, total hypocrite, biggest liar of all, and warped"?... LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year"!... LOL
George K

Lindenhurst, NY

#1089398 Mar 2, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they impeached your sorry Governor yet? It's gonna be a bad year for you lowlife baggers.
What has been better for anyone since Obama was elected?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 37 min Tardos-get lost 6,656
Trump is A 44 min RoseB azzhole 195
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Hah_ 243,103
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 2 hr Lookin 2 Climax 5
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 2 hr RaunerRUN Away 15
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr honeymylove 11,602
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Thoughts and Prayers 105,380

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages