Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233605 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1088185 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your period? Oh shucks, let's just talk about Benghazi some more, and throw in a little Valerie Jarret while you're at it.
Yeah__Valerie Jarrett, that's the ticket.

Wasn't she on O'Reilly last evening?

ROFLMAO
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1088186 Feb 28, 2014
Great to see all the leftists still spewing their lies and celebrating failures! Keep polishing those turds leftists!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088187 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
You have your period? Oh shucks, let's just talk about Benghazi some more, and throw in a little Valerie Jarret while you're at it.
No period here. But Obama had his twice. Once after lying about keeping our health insurance and once after lying about keeping our doctors.

But it's you who doesn't want to talk about Benghazi. You were told there was no "there" there. And you foolishly believed it. Remember?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088188 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is for you and Lily.
Obama's Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will recommend billions of dollars in annual budget cuts that would reduce veterans' housing allowances and other benefits, increase health-care premiums, and limit pay raises, CBS News confirms.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/defense-secretary...
Hagel is Obama's Republican stooge. The Democrats can have him.
one that FOX must have missed....

Paul Ryan & the GOP Must Own the Cuts to Veterans Benefits

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/18/paul-ryan-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088190 Feb 28, 2014
Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1088191 Feb 28, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore tells US Senate there is "no proof" humans cause climate change
Moore didn't hold back in his Senate appearance. He quickly zeroed in on the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and strongly scolded it for claiming there is a "95-100% probability" that man "has been the dominant cause of" global warming.
Those numbers, he said, have been invented.
he also called those liberal eco terrorists 'a cult'. my my my. LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088192 Feb 28, 2014
Fed-Up Veteran Tells Paul Ryan What He Thinks of ‘Bipartisan’ Budget Deal in Viral Open Letter

The scathing open letter, posted on Facebook last week, is going viral — and you only have to read the first few sentences to know why. It should be noted that because Wooten’s Facebook page is set to private, we weren’t able to review the original post on his wall and had to rely on re-posts.

“Please note that this request by you for a cash donation from me is extremely unfortunate and very ill-timed,” Wooten writes in the open letter to Ryan.“You see sir, I am one of the military retirees your ‘bipartisan’ budget just impacted. You and every Republican (both in the House and Senate) that voted to pass this travesty betrayed and broke trust with me and everyone like me.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/26/mi...
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1088193 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jarrett was on the O'Reilly Factor last night. Because O'Reilly has been on a personal mission to draw attention to the lack of black leaders sending the right messages to the black community for months and directing one of his questions about this to Obama in the Super Bowl interview, Jarrett invited O'Reilly to the big WH announcement about "My Brother's Keeper" initiative. Obama even acknowledged O'Reilly's passion about this issue at that event.
But it takes someone like O'Reilly to light a fire.
As a spokeswoman for Black Americans you and nobama-Galt --"Sambo" carry influence with your statements

now that you have abandoned looking at naked pictures of some ones mom
LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088194 Feb 28, 2014
Military Spending Cuts and How They Are Being Distorted

Noah Millman explains why the possible reductions in the number of military personnel are not as significant as some headlines make them out to be:

So what’s the reason for describing the proposed reductions that way? My base-case assumption is that “lowest levels since 1940&#8243; is just a lot more dramatic than “below the levels of 2000&#8243; or “largest reductions since 1992.” But it is potentially deceptive precisely because it is more dramatic.

That’s a good point. Critics of any reduction in the size of the military or the military budget are always going to seize on such misleading comparisons to make reductions appear to be much more significant, so it’s important not to blow them out of proportion or make them out to be something more than they are. Before and during the 2012 campaign, Republican hawks repeatedly claimed that the Navy was being shrunk to WWI-era levels, which was true provided that you paid no attention to the quality of the ships, the vast technological differences between the two periods, and the relative strength of other naval forces. Likewise, references to having the “smallest Army since 1940&#8243; conveniently ignore that the U.S. will still have more men under arms than any country in the world except for the two most populous countries, and will still be far and away the leading military power in the world. One of the main drivers of the increase in military spending since 2001 has been rising personnel costs, so it is appropriate that any attempt to get military spending under control will involve reducing the overall number of military personnel. To argue otherwise is to cast aside all pretense to fiscal responsibility.

Even after these reductions, the U.S. will still have an active military that is much larger and more powerful than the one it had in 1940 (or at most other points in U.S. history), which is remarkable considering how much less dangerous the world is and how much more secure the U.S. is today than they were then. The U.S. still won’t need a military that large, and military spending will have to keep being cut back after the splurge in spending over the last decade and a half, but this is a good start.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1088195 Feb 28, 2014
Thanks ObammieKKKare...

I thought everybody in California was RICH?

"California ranks No. 5 for annual pay"
http://www.bizjournals.com/sacramento/news/20...

Then we have this....

"Local Restaurant Adds Surcharge To Tabs To Pay For Employees’ Healthcare"

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/02/17/loc...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1088196 Feb 28, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore tells US Senate there is "no proof" humans cause climate change
Moore didn't hold back in his Senate appearance. He quickly zeroed in on the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and strongly scolded it for claiming there is a "95-100% probability" that man "has been the dominant cause of" global warming.
Those numbers, he said, have been invented.
is he a climatologist or just a whaleboat hunter?

why do you believe what he says?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088197 Feb 28, 2014
Rightwingers believe in censorship; but only for blacks:

Bill O'Reilly: White House Needs To Get 'Gangsta Rappers' To 'Knock It Off'

O'Reilly told Obama's senior advisor Valerie Jarrett on Thursday night that if the White House is serious about implementing their new program to help strengthen minority communities, they need to "attack" the source of the problem. Which, he said, is obviously Jay-Z and Kanye West, right?

"You have to attack the fundamental disease if you want to cure it," the Fox News host said. "You're gonna have to get people like Jay-Z, Kanye West, all these gangsta rappers to knock it off."

Jarrett described the new initiative, called "My Brother's Keeper," as "a new effort aimed at empowering boys and young men of color." She said she has already seen improvements and is very hopeful of the program's success, but O'Reilly insisted there will be no change until "all" rappers go on TV and announce that that kind of behavior "is wrong."

"They [young men] idolize these guys with the hats on backwards, and the terrible rap lyrics and the drugs and all of that," O'Really said. "You've gotta get these guys."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/bill...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1088198 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is for you and Lily.
Obama's Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel will recommend billions of dollars in annual budget cuts that would reduce veterans' housing allowances and other benefits, increase health-care premiums, and limit pay raises, CBS News confirms.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/defense-secretary...
Hagel is Obama's Republican stooge. The Democrats can have him.
No details in that piece babe__got anything with a few details?

I'm reminded of the TriCare costs being being increased a while back and the rightwing nutjobs going berserk. The reports featured those famous little % rather than the actual amounts of $.

Turned out that a retired Colonel O-6 would see a premium increase of about $11.00 per month. Not exactly backbreaking eh?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1088199 Feb 28, 2014
Those evil white rich oil companies...

"Fort Berthold Indian reservation reaping oil benefits"

Money fixes everything......
'...Tribal officials say the oil has helped right a wrong done to the tribes in the 1950s, when more than a tenth of the reservation was flooded by the federal government to create Lake Sakakawea, a 180-mile-long reservoir.'

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-reg...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1088200 Feb 28, 2014
How Earth was watered
3 hours ago by Alvin Powell
How Earth was watered
“It is very possible that many planets are born with liquid water oceans,” said Linda Elkins-Tanton, director of the Carnegie Institution for Science’s Department of Terrestrial Magnetism. Credit: Kris Snibbe/Harvard Staff Photographer
Early Earth's accidental deluge via water-carrying comets has long been a stumbling block for those interested in life on other planets.
Scientists agree that life needs water to evolve. But if water only arrives through chance impacts with comets, then life elsewhere might indeed be rare.
Water is common among the meteorites and other small bodies whose collisions formed the Earth, but scientists have long believed that the intense heat of the events dried out the young planet. Water must have arrived later, splashing down from comets after the planet was formed.
New research, however, is changing that view. Evidence is mounting that the planet's water arrived early, during formation, aboard meteorites and small bodies called "planetesimals." The work also suggests that though the planet-forming collisions were so energetic that they led to oceans of magma and widespread melting, even the intense heat would not have dried out the planet completely.
The emerging view of a watery birth for the Earth has raised the hopes of scientists seeking extrasolar life. If the presence of water isn't left to chance collisions but instead is a product of the planet-forming process, then oceans where life can evolve may be common after all.
"It is very possible that many planets are born with liquid water oceans," said Linda Elkins-Tanton, director of the Carnegie Institution for Science's Department of Terrestrial Magnetism.
Elkins-Tanton spoke Wednesday at the Geological Lecture Hall. Her talk, "Building Earth-like Planets," was part of the Evolution Matters lecture series of the Harvard Museum of Natural History. Elkins-Tanton studies the evolution of terrestrial planets and the relationship between Earth and its life forms.
One problem with the water-from-comets theory, Elkins-Tanton said, is that evidence has emerged that water was present on Earth far earlier than previously thought. The planet's oldest rocks date back 4.03 billion years, but there's a material older than rocks, called "detrital zircons," that formed some 4.40 billion years ago, just 164 million years after the first solids began to form out of the protoplanetary disk. And some of those zircons show evidence of having been created in contact with water.
Another issue with the comet theory, Elkins-Tanton said, is that the water on most comets doesn't match that on Earth. Water is made up of oxygen and hydrogen. Hydrogen's nucleus is normally made up of one proton, but the nucleus of a different form, called deuterium, has a proton and a neutron. Scientists can fingerprint water using the ratio of regular hydrogen to deuterium. For most comets, that ratio doesn't match water on Earth, she said.
Meanwhile, the water in meteorites and planetesimals does match that of Earth. But before scientists could settle on those bodies as the source of the planet's water, they had to solve another problem. Those bodies had up to 18 percent water, much more than Earth, and scientists couldn't think of a reasonable process to explain where it all went.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088201 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__Valerie Jarrett, that's the ticket.
Wasn't she on O'Reilly last evening?
ROFLMAO
I guess she was; Lois aka Carol informed us of the great event; I assume she was hoping he would crucify her. I clicked over and didn't see it, but was watching the Heat game against the Knicks! Which they won, and LeBron wore a black mask to protect his nose that looked like Batman. I'm sure all the white folk were "sceeered"!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1088202 Feb 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
... and raising the deficit!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088203 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
This article brought me to tears; in that it is so absolutely incredible and horrible that a poor person can be robbed of half of his life because he can't afford an attorney; I urge everyone to donate to the worthy cause of The Innocence Project:
'I Spent 15 Years In Solitary Confinement For A Crime I Didn't Commit'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/damd...
are you saying he had no attorney???.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088204 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No details in that piece babe__got anything with a few details?
I'm reminded of the TriCare costs being being increased a while back and the rightwing nutjobs going berserk. The reports featured those famous little % rather than the actual amounts of $.
Turned out that a retired Colonel O-6 would see a premium increase of about $11.00 per month. Not exactly backbreaking eh?
Do you get/use Tricare in addition to Medicare? If Lois aka Carol's husband is a veteran, does he not get Tricare for him and his family?

I didn't realize that the VA lent money for down payments on homes; so they don't lend for the entire mortgage?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1088205 Feb 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is he a climatologist or just a whaleboat hunter?
why do you believe what he says?
" Patrick Moore obtained a Ph.D. in ecology from the Institute of Animal Resource Ecology, University of British Columbia...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%2...

Whats an ecologist?

From the Princeton Review....

"Most ecologists are scientists with backgrounds in chemistry, environmental science, geology, biology, climatology, statistics and, in many cases, economics. The depth of knowledge in each field determines the specialty area each candidate works in; a master’s degree in a science or ecology itself is becoming more and more common as the minimum requirement. Nearly all aspiring ecologists are expected to have some field experience.

Ecologists, because of their exposure to the growing mountain of numbers which indicate that we are ravaging our own planet, often become environmentalists, using their scientific and statistics-based background as a resource for their educational and lobbying efforts"

http://www.princetonreview.com/careers.aspx...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 5-27-15 16 min RACE 15
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Rogue Scholar 05 190,044
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 26 min RACE 6,003
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 27 min RACE 1,389
Word (Dec '08) 28 min RACE 5,245
Baltimore 1 hr Go Blue Forever 7
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,031
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]