Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
999,861 - 999,880 of 1,085,016 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
We can start here. There's a ton of lies to go through after this.
All debunked a thousand times over.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are 'rightwingers' who do not tolerate homosexuality just as there are left wingers who do not tolerate Christianity.
there are people of both political bents on both sides of that..

and there is no rational reason to not tolerate homosexuality. there are many rational reason to not tolerate religious cults. i point them out here all the time...its inherent divisiveness. its hatred of others. the bloody swath it has left across our planet. the fact that they are all based on proven lies and myths...do you need any more?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, the Supreme Court thought it was pretty simple too - cut and dried, in fact.
Patrick n Angela's misunderstanding of the First Amendment - 0
As usual, you're clueless.

This was a narrow ruling, and not a final one, you nitwit. It is still to be litigated.

""The court order says the nuns do not have to sign a government form to which they objected because they said it authorizes a third party to provide the contraceptive coverage.

“This order should not be construed as an expression of the court’s views on the merits” of the legal challenge, the order said.

Groups across the country have filed suits against the law, and they are working their way through the federal courts. Almost all the groups that objected have received injunctions while the suits proceed, but the nuns did not.

The court’s one-paragraph order came after three weeks of what was likely a vigorous behind-the-scenes debate among the justices. It essentially delays a consideration of the merits of the challenges and provides no legal reasoning for the compromise. It came without noted dissent."

----------

Once any religious group operates in the public domain, their personal religious beliefs have no merits. Otherwise we would have a balkanization of laws, with various religious groups forcing their views on the public. We are a diverse nation with many religions, none should be favored over another, the rights of the citizens to obtain care is most important.

What would you do about those who refuse medical care and choose prayer for healing. A court just sent parents to prison because their child died of treatable pneumonia. Is that what you want for America??

----------

""A Philadelphia couple were found guilty of the third-degree murder of their son after pleading 'no contest' today.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible's 7-month-old son Brandon died last April 18 from dehydration and pneumonia when his parents decided to pray for him to get better rather than seek medical attention.

At the time, the Schaibles were on 10-year probation for their 2-year-old son Kent's similar death in 2009. The terms of their probation required the Schaibles to seek medical attention any time one of their seven surviving children got sick.""
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how you feel - everywhere I look the political left is trying to force (AND literally forcing) me to 'see things their way.' You name just about any subject that touches our lives on a daily basis and I can show you where some level of left wing influence is involved.
Thing is there is NO COMPARISON where Christianity is concerned. Maybe you can tell us what Christianity has 'forced' upon you over the past couple of years and how they went about executing these mandates?
well sure there are left wing concepts that are being applied to our everyday lives.

it's called 'progressive' for a very good reason. most look ahead, not behind. so until the right has something new to present, left wing ideas will be the norm.

forced? like the teacher in Elkhart that was teaching creationism in the classroom? the cardinal sin of all Christian sins to ask me about it. i want no one putting unproven ideas into my child's head.

and yes, unproven. just because a book says so....doesn't make it so. but if you would like to argue that it does, well......

Christian Jihad

Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses

The most painful passages come in the books of Joshua and Judges, which Jenkins describes as an “orgy of militarism, enslavement, and race war.” The Israelites, emerging from the desert after their escape from Egypt, attack Canaanite cities, whose people are described by the biblical narrator as very wicked. God commands the Israelites to exterminate the inhabitants—men, women, children, and animals alike, until nothing is left alive. Likewise in the Book of Samuel, King Saul eventually loses God’s favor not for his bloodthirstiness in war but for his restraint—he fails to annihilate his enemies. The prophet Samuel denounces him for sparing some of the Amalekites, takes up a sword, and personally hacks the captive King Agag to pieces. To make matters worse, says Jenkins, God sometimes deliberately “hardens the hearts” of other peoples, using them to chastise the sinful Hebrews. Then He raises up Judges, righteous Israelites, to smite and destroy them in turn. It’s almost as if He wanted the highest possible body count.

.....Let me end with another paradox about which I would have liked to hear Jenkins’s thoughts. He encourages us to look at historical events from the vantage point of the weaker party, and he tells us that we need to reincorporate the genocidal passages into our understanding and worship. That got me thinking about another biblical genocide—Noah’s flood. We are all familiar with pictures of the animals lining up two-by-two and parading into the ark; these plucky survivors have become a staple subject for greeting-card artists, songwriters, cartoonists, even environmentalists. What we are not used to thinking about is the fact that God Himself in this story is committing genocide, killing everyone in the world except for the members of a single family. It’s a horrifying tale but one that our culture treats as colorful and uplifting, a prelude to the first rainbow. I’ve never heard a sermon on it as an act of divine rage and apocalyptic destruction. Perhaps that just confirms Jenkins’ general point that we should be a lot more self-aware and self-critical when we think about our religion and a lot slower to condemn the violent tendencies in the religions of others.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

wow. maybe i should be paying closer attention to what the Bible says.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ansar Al Sharia in Libya is not Al Qaeda.
If the Consulate was attacked by Ansar Al Sharia then it was not attacked by Al Qaeda.
Man, you are dumber than a rock!!!!
Here read this again!!!!
The State Department designated another Ansar al Sharia as an alias of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula just weeks after the terrorist attack in Benghazi.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This part bear's repeating:
J.R. Fleming, a member of Chicago’s Anti-Eviction Campaign, said Obama’s speech was “the same ol’, same ol’.” He summed up the address as a “bunch of talk and rhetoric to give favor to a dying economy in America.”
“And the reason why our economy is dying is the president’s approach is always to place blame,” he added.“It’s not the 1 percent problem, it’s not the 99 percent problem, it’s an American problem."
...God bless black Americans like J.R. Fleming.
yet our economy isn't dying at all. when you start with a faulty premise, all your further conclusions will be faulty also.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
I lost my dad to Fox News: How a generation was captured by thrashing hysteria
Old white people are drowning in despair and rage. Here's how my father lost his mind -- thanks to his cable diet
Edwin Lyngar
Old, white, wrinkled and angry, they are slipping from polite society in alarming numbers. We’re losing much of a generation. They often sport hats or other clothing, some marking their status as veterans, Tea Partyers or “patriots” of some kind or another. They have yellow flags, bumper stickers and an unquenchable rage. They used to be the brave men and women who took on America’s challenges, tackling the ’60s, the Cold War and the Reagan years — but now many are terrified by the idea of slightly more affordable healthcare and a very moderate Democrat in the White House.
We’re losing people like my father to the despair of Fox News, and it’s all by design.
My dad is 67 years old, a full year younger than the average Fox viewer, who is 68, according to an analysis in New York magazine by columnist Frank Rich. I’ve read accounts of people my age — 40 or so — losing parents to cancer or Alzheimer’s, but just as big a tragedy are the crops of grandmothers and grandfathers debilitated by Fox News-induced hysteria.
My father sincerely believes that science is a political plot, Christians are America’s most persecuted minority and Barack Obama is a full-blown communist. He supports the use of force without question, as long as it’s aimed at foreigners. He thinks liberals are all stupid, ignorant fucks who hate America.
I don’t recall my father being so hostile when I was growing up. He was conservative, to be sure, but conventionally and thoughtfully so. He is a kind and generous man and a good father, but over the past five or 10 years, he’s become so conservative that I can’t even find a label for it.
What has changed? He consumes a daily diet of nothing except Fox News
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/27/i_lost_my_dad...
Homer has been saying this for years.
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Tucker Carlson: Making businesses serve gay customers is “fascism"
OMG, this guy is a total idiot.
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/26/tucker_carlso...
Not T C's favorite video vs John Stewart
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Mississippi Anti-Gay Discrimination Bill Gutted By House Committee

A Mississippi "religious freedom" bill, similar to the one vetoed by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer Wednesday, has had its most controversial provision stripped out by a legislative committee.

The Mississippi Business Journal reported that the language considered problematic by civil rights groups had been removed from the bill Wednesday by lawmakers on the House Judiciary Committee. It would have allowed defendants in civil lawsuits to claim that their religious beliefs were being burdened.

The Mississippi Senate had passed the bill with the controversial language in January.

Business groups praised the provision's removal, according to the Business Journal, with the president of the Mississippi Economic Council noting that it was now "not the same bill" that the Senate had passed.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mississ...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This part bear's repeating:
J.R. Fleming, a member of Chicago’s Anti-Eviction Campaign, said Obama’s speech was “the same ol’, same ol’.” He summed up the address as a “bunch of talk and rhetoric to give favor to a dying economy in America.”
“And the reason why our economy is dying is the president’s approach is always to place blame,” he added.“It’s not the 1 percent problem, it’s not the 99 percent problem, it’s an American problem."
...God bless black Americans like J.R. Fleming.
Yet even in a 'dying economy' Carol can't afford a house!!

Too funny!!

So how's it feel to be the bottom of the economic barrel??

Is Obama responsible for your economic failures for 63 years??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Gitmo is still open, moron. Obama found a hundred million dollars to take a vacation to Africa, but couldn't find the money to close Gitmo?
Obama lied... again.
As long as my doctor likes insurance carrier, he'll see me. When he doesn't like my insurance carrier, he won't see me, It doesn't matter whether I like him or not.
ObamaKare let the insurance companies cancel any policy they wanted to cancel, then forced everyone with cancelled policies to buy more expensive policies from these same insurance companies. That sounds like a conspiracy to me.
I guess you think insurance companies never cancelled policies prior to 2010. I have news, Fletch. Insurance companies have been canceling policies & replacing them with more expensive policies for decades.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
Eric Holder in the hospital. Lerner to testify next week. Maybe he's trying to get on the hospital wing at the prison.
Hah, that's some real funny chit junebug.

BTY Joscelyn is lying right wing reactionary scumbag__probably why you didn't share the link eh?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wow Lois, your comprehension is totally off
If I had a dime for every time that was pointed out...I'd have a ton of dimes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Arizona governor Brewer vetoes controversial anti-gay law, Ohio pulls similar bill after Brewer’s veto

http://americablog.com/2014/02/arizona-govern...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's a sicko who gets off calling him woodendick. It's totally pathetic. Same thing when he calls the President of the United States "boy"
My guess is early onset dementia
Agree except I do not think it is in the 'early' stages.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All debunked a thousand times over.
Debunked!!! LMAO!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Fox Responds To Veto Of AZ Anti-Gay Bill By Hosting Anti-Gay Hate Group Leader

Kelly's decision to host Perkins to discuss the veto without questioning his rhetoric or providing another guest to counter his views marks an unfortunate reversal from her comments the day before, wherein she acknowledged that Arizona's anti-gay bill was "potentially dangerous." Unfortunately, Perkins' regular status as a Fox guest is in keeping with the network's ongoing attempt to suppress gay rights by suggesting that the religious views of business owners should allow them to discriminate against gay customers.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/26/fox-r...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Will O'Reilly refer to her as a Slum Lord or Slum Lady?
Just hope O'Reilly catches her off guard on some issue and we watch the spin fly. Or watch her dance around it like an Irish jig. Obama's an expert at dancing around simple "yes" or "no" questions doing an Irish jig.

When O'Reilly asked Obama point blank if Panetta told him on the night of the Benghazi attack that it was, in fact, a terrorist attack, Obama danced like he invented every dance in the book. And never answered the question.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, that's some real funny chit junebug.
BTY Joscelyn is lying right wing reactionary scumbag__probably why you didn't share the link eh?
There is no link Mr Peabody. I heard it on the radio. Hey why didn't you tell us you had a movie coming out?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>still posting proven lies??/
why?
Show us the evidence the White House had of those "spontaneous demonstrations" Obama lied about for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

From Obama's own mouth:
2004:
"My opponent was born in Kenya."

Obama - "So what? I'm running for Illinois Senator, not the Presidency."

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 min _Zoey_ 7,705
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min shauna 175,262
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 26 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,466
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr PEllen 97,587
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search