Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 49,990)

Showing posts 999,781 - 999,800 of1,073,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>.. after all, it's your jewish upbringing, right son?
I assume she has forgotten when there were "No Jews Allowed" signs. And "No Blacks Allowed"

Same shyt; different group. They're the bully gang people who have to always be hating someone.

"No Gays", "No Immigrants"
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it also protects against being forced to deal with others beliefs.
the Bible is just a book. why some can't ever see that not all take it as their guiding light is a bit of a mystery to me.
and if there is a war it's a war of attrition. an attrition brought on by those whose religious conservatism is not playing well in the modern world. the self righteousness is getting more than a little old as the parade of Judges who agree bears out. conservative lawmakers ignore the Constitution at every turn and they just expect the courts to go along with it, then have a fit when they don't with an arrogance that is totally unwarranted.
Freedom Of and Freedom From. can't have one without the other. a fact that will be borne out in courts across the land.
and by the way, the Constitution does NOT guarantee freedom from religion, just freedom from an established state religion.....

the phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere and is not intended....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear they are all insane. It never ends with them, they have to always be searching for ways to exclude people, discriminate against people, arrest them, imprison them, take away rights from them. All in the name of God! Imagine that?
If Jan Brewer signed that stupid bill, then it would have been a challenge and an opportunity for gay businesses to open and flourish and put those bigots out of business. Would you buy a cake if Honey Boo Boo's hands had been in it? Nevertheless, it wasn't about the cake, it was about discrimination in the name of religion, which to any Christian, should be appalling. These people are not Christians, they are savage racists and homophobes
It's funny how it wasn't an issue for centuries, and only now needs to be legislated by the right.

If the reich wing truly believe government should keep their noses out, they should have been outraged by this bill. Instead, they're upset they're not getting their way.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I swear they are all insane. It never ends with them, they have to always be searching for ways to exclude people, discriminate against people, arrest them, imprison them, take away rights from them. All in the name of God! Imagine that?
If Jan Brewer signed that stupid bill, then it would have been a challenge and an opportunity for gay businesses to open and flourish and put those bigots out of business. Would you buy a cake if Honey Boo Boo's hands had been in it? Nevertheless, it wasn't about the cake, it was about discrimination in the name of religion, which to any Christian, should be appalling. These people are not Christians, they are savage racists and homophobes
On that note the tea party turns five years old today.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>amazing! the bigots try to bypass the founding laws of our nation and when it backfires on them, they blame the people they were trying to discriminate against!
you can't even make up shit this funny!
What's interesting is they've trying to ramrod reich wing legislation through by bringing it up and passing them as fast as they can.

And I mean this in a broad sense. Wisconsin's Walker is the first one I recall performing this craft. And since then, it's been spreading to other red states.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
To the half of the country that has their taxes paid by the other half, a "single payer" system means the other half will pay.
time for the half that pay all the bills to tell the moochers to f*ck off....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I assume she has forgotten when there were "No Jews Allowed" signs. And "No Blacks Allowed"
Same shyt; different group. They're the bully gang people who have to always be hating someone.
"No Gays", "No Immigrants"
You know? I was going to mention that to fetchie since she claims to be from that generation. You'd think a person like that would have more understanding and compassion.

Clearly I was wrong in that regard.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this is where you are a fool, because the Bible is more than "just a book" to hundreds of millions of people, including many who don't take every word literally....and if you can't understand that, you have a problem.....
Riiiight Galty. Just like there are muslims who don't take the Koran literally.

But not you nuts!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

KIEV, Ukraine (AP)— Russia scrambled fighter jets to patrol its border and reportedly gave shelter to Ukraine's fugitive president as pro-Russian gunmen stormed offices of Ukraine's strategic region, deepening the crisis for the new Ukrainian government even as it was being formed.

The moves pose an immediate challenge to Ukraine's new authorities as they seek to set up an interim government for the country, whose population is divided in loyalties between Russia and the West. Ukraine's new prime minister said the country's future lies in the European Union but with friendly relations with Russia. Moscow, meanwhile, has launched a massive military exercise involving 150,000 troops and put fighter jets on patrol along the border.

A respected Russian news organization reported that President Viktor Yanukovych, who was driven out of Kiev by a three-month protest movement, was staying in a Kremlin sanatorium just outside Moscow.

"I have to ask Russia to ensure my personal safety from extremists," Yanukovych said in a statement carried by Russian news agencies on Thursday. He said he still considers himself president and sees the new Ukrainian authorities as illegitimate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/27/ukra...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why? doesn't everyone already know you area dickhead?
That would be your title here!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Kings always believe others are 'moochers' son.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a real trip, you haven't been out of that bed for five years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Homer wrote:
The bottom line and what you rightwingers fail to grasp -
“For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.” JFK
except that too many make no effort to support themselves or their children and just demand that others do so for them.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>On that note the tea party turns five years old today.
Does that mean they will split from the Republican Party and create a third party?

Hillary was at UM yesterday; didn't answer when asked if she will run

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and by the way, the Constitution does NOT guarantee freedom from religion, just freedom from an established state religion.....
the phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere and is not intended....
in fact, that is exactly what was intended.

you might think about who it was that used that term seperation of church and state when explaining what he meant when helping to draft the constitution... ya think?!?!?

(and yes, i know madison did most of it, but the concepts and ideas were from many, most notably, jefferson, the one who coined that phrase to describe what he meant by that amendment!

history is fun!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> You know? I was going to mention that to fetchie since she claims to be from that generation. You'd think a person like that would have more understanding and compassion.
Clearly I was wrong in that regard.
I think she is a big fat liar
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I am going to find a Moslem cake shop and tell them they have to make a cake for two gay Jews with all Kosher ingredients and see how that works out. he he he he.
Allah Akbar.
and the left will accuse you of anti-Muslim bigotry.....
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

LGBT Americans are the current target of this effort to repackage prejudice as “religious liberty,” they are hardly the first. To the contrary, as Wake Forest law Professor Michael Kent Curtis explained in a 2012 law review article, many segregationists justified racial bigotry on the very same grounds that religious conservatives now hope to justify anti-gay animus. In the words of one professor at a prominent Mississippi Baptist institution,“our Southern segregation way is the Christian way ....[God] was the original segregationist.”
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/02/26/3...
Agree but "teevee" news seems dominated by this story and legal pot
rather than events in Ukraine and other stories.

Not all Christians are against gay unions, Obama and Biden prime examples !:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever poll any *real* dep rooted New Englanders on how they view New Yorkers?
ever poll anybody outside New York on how they view New Yorkers???...
Patrick n Angela

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and the left will accuse you of anti-Muslim bigotry.....
recalling your "Sambo post"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 999,781 - 999,800 of1,073,028
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,173
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 67,549
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Frank 173,760
“If America Doesn’t Abolish the FED, the FED wi... 22 min hands on AR 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 45,578
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr HUmy 7,563
Obama turns his back on black Americans 1 hr BarrysBleachingSkinWants2 3
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••