Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1087661 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no "Separation Clause" in the US Constitution....
when you start with a gross falsehood, your argument is worthless.....
The founders intent is crystal clear on this.

Why is it that you communists hate the Constitution and our founders beliefs so much??

You try to rewrite the intent of our founders and th ewords of th eUS Constitution with stupid opinions. You will fail at this as you fail at all else, Nobraina.

----------

>>>"Separation of church and state" (sometimes "wall of separation between church and state") is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. The phrase has since been repeatedly used by the Supreme Court of the United States.
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...." and Article VI specifies that "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.<<<
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087662 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,

or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievance.

Separation of Church and State has never been the rule in American History. Private organizations and schools can be religious based.

Democratic Party is a big tent party with both believers and non believes welcome -thus we win elections
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087663 Feb 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Americans don't even know where the Ukraine is. They only pay attention if Americans are involved. I agree that there will likely be a split.
meaning that Obama is handing half of the Ukraine back to Putin.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087664 Feb 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet even in a 'dying economy' Carol can't afford a house!!
Too funny!!
So how's it feel to be the bottom of the economic barrel??
Is Obama responsible for your economic failures for 63 years??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wouldn't have any problem buying a house in the sticks where you live. In the big city - like Orlando, the resort capital of the world - the competition is a little tougher. Unlike you and most liberals, we have a budget and plan to stick to it.

But don't tell me. You'd offer more than a house is worth even if you can't afford it just because you're "entitled" to it. Right?

Or do you live in government housing already?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1087665 Feb 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet even in a 'dying economy' Carol can't afford a house!!
Too funny!!
So how's it feel to be the bottom of the economic barrel??
Is Obama responsible for your economic failures for 63 years??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that's what happens when you get fired from your job because you are too old and stupid to do it anymore...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087666 Feb 27, 2014
GOPís secret idiot? If George P. Bush is its future, the partyís in trouble
Dubya's nephew is running for office, and is Rand Paul's expert on Hispanic voters. But his luck may be running out
George Prescott Bush, son of Jeb and grandson of George Herbert Walker, is running for Texas land commissioner. Next stop: the White House! As long as he manages to get himself elected land commissioner, that is. It may be tougher than he anticipated, which is to say it may actually require more than simply wanting the job and being named Bush.
Not many Texas voters really understand what the land commissioner does, making it the perfect office for someone with a lot of money and/or name recognition but no prior experience. Unfortunately, it is actually a pretty powerful state office, responsible for millions of acres of land, including mineral rights leasing, making it perhaps not the best office for a political neophyte with no prior government experience.
http://www.salon.com/2014/02/24/gops_laughabl...
salon.com

ROTFLMAO.....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1087667 Feb 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Lola said said a VA loan would cover over the appraisal price.
Hard to believe this one claims to have bought and sold a number of houses.
Either way they are looking to buy without putting at least 20% down as required by her fellow 'conservatives'.

St. Croix valley

#1087668 Feb 27, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the evidence the White House had of those "spontaneous demonstrations" Obama lied about for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
From Obama's own mouth:
2004:
"My opponent was born in Kenya."
Obama - "So what? I'm running for Illinois Senator, not the Presidency."
Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
already covered...

why do you continue to post proven lies?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1087670 Feb 27, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us that evidence the White House had of a spontaneous demonstration in Benghazi. You can't. There wasn't any. But, the State Department had evidence it was an Al Qaeda attack, which there are internal emails discussing that dated 9/12.
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
From Obama's own mouth:
"My opponent was born in Kenya."
Obama - "So what? I'm running for Illilnois Senator, not the Presidency."
Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began to claim in 2007 he was born in Hawaii?
Which part of the word 'debunked' are you not understanding?

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1087671 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
there are many rational reason to not tolerate religious cults. its inherent divisiveness. its hatred of others
Your opinion (or should I refer to it as generalized hatred) of religion is irrational.

My church and its parishioners are not a cult and we preach neither hatred nor divisiveness.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1087672 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer does not understand the meaning of the word.....
which word? The Word? I'll admit I do not read the bible as often as some others.
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087673 Feb 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Priceless. One stooge (Realtime) applauds another stooge (PDupont) and someone in the peanut gallery is the only one who gets it.
And you're 60 years old and have never owned a house...
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087674 Feb 27, 2014
...with windows, in any event...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087675 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Wow Lois, your comprehension is totally off
That's only because yours is off the radar.

That bill in Arizona was about nothing more than businesses being forced to provide services for gay marriages.

The coffee's burning, Lily. Wake up and smell it.
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087676 Feb 27, 2014
... a Charmin box your step-dad painted pink doesn't count....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087677 Feb 27, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Same way with Venezuela, no one outside of Miami is paying attention to what's happening there ore that US Senator Marco Rubio is helping stir that sht. Jimmy Carter too.
you leftwingers are terrified that the Communist government in Venezuela will be overthrown....

same with Cuba, home of the best medical care in the world......
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1087678 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer does not understand the meaning of the word.....
Did you know Carol and Co. were looking to but a home with less than the prerequisite 20% down? I think you need to have a stern talking to her. Woman to woman as it were.

St. Croix valley

#1087679 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yet the constitution does clearly and irrefutably state that the gov't and religion shall never be one. you may use whichever word you want to describe this separation of the two. but that will not change the fact that there is a constitutionally mandated separation of the two.
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087680 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that's what happens when you get fired from your job because you are too old and stupid to do it anymore...
and yet... here you are...
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087681 Feb 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't have any problem buying a house in the sticks where you live. In the big city - like Orlando, the resort capital of the world - the competition is a little tougher. Unlike you and most liberals, we have a budget and plan to stick to it.
But don't tell me. You'd offer more than a house is worth even if you can't afford it just because you're "entitled" to it. Right?
Or do you live in government housing already?
"The big city like Orlando?" What, does the roller coaster run right up to your door or something, Goofy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Mandela 68,661
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min Ben Dover 50,632
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min jacques Ottawa 179,404
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr wanna 4,797
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr Swedenforever 25
Amy 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 8
Abby 10-24 1 hr Community Disorga... 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance