Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1087707 Feb 27, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we don't need to save for our retirement' economy is on fire!

28 percent of people WORKING have less than a grand in savings?

"More than half of workers report they and/or their spouse have less than $25,000 in total savings and investments (excluding their home and defined benefit plans)(57 percent), including 28 percent who have less than $1,000 (up from 20 percent in 2009)."

http://www.ebri.org/pdf/surveys/rcs/2013/Fina...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087708 Feb 27, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Did Galt and Flack know you were not getting a conventional loan? You were going to get a Federal Housing Administration loan? According to your fellow 'conservatives' YOU are part of the problem.
Galt believes that those who cannot make a substantial down payment, in the 20% range, lack the resources to be homeowners and should continue to rent.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087709 Feb 27, 2014
Barb Finn wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're 60 years old and have never owned a house...
Oh, for cryin' out loud. Are you the same broken record using another name last night?

Like I told you last night, owned three homes. One when single, one with husband, one after 15 years. Moved to Orlando. Rented until market stabilized.

Anything else you want to know? How much we sold each one for? Number of bedrooms in each home? Memories of Christmases?

Are you old enough to ever have owned anything?

And is this all you're concerned about on this forum? Me being a homeowner?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1087710 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the constitution does clearly and irrefutably state that the gov't and religion shall never be one. you may use whichever word you want to describe this separation of the two. but that will not change the fact that there is a constitutionally mandated separation of the two.
You, too, have a problem putting text from the Constitution in your post.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...."

How do you get from that text in the Constitution to your assertion "...clearly and irrefutably state that the gov't and religion shall never be one"?

All I see when I read it is "Congress shall make no law...." And, of course, nobody but Congress can make a law, right?
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087711 Feb 27, 2014
I married a straight girl once.... came from a well-to-do family in Connecticut... they made me kneel down and put a garter on her thigh, drink champagne out of her shoe - which wasn't all that bad... all kinds of silly bullshit. So when it came time to take pictures with the family I just took my pants off and rubbed up behind the in-laws in every shot.... they had no idea that the photographer was gay...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087712 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not a court at all...
Congress can just investigate and refer the results to the Justice Department for possible prosecution....
Webster definition of a Kangaroo Court: "A mock court in which the principles of law and justice are disregarded or perverted. That is Issa's review panel.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087714 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>already covered...
why do you continue to post proven lies?
Show us the evidence the White House had of those "spontaneous demonstrations" Obama lied about for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.

Show us that list of people who ever met Obama at Columbia.
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087715 Feb 27, 2014
I'm just here for the fishing, if you want the library it's down the street... (not in Orlando, however...)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087716 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you don't agree with your nations founding document? why are you here, then?
Show us the text in the Constitution that is the basis of your argument.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087717 Feb 27, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All debunked a thousand times over.
"debunked" is leftwing for "we don't agree, but have no facts".....

next thing Homer will be talking about "worker solidarity"....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087718 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
please stop quoting the fake Cornell.....
This from someone who thinks quoting TransCanada is relevant.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1087719 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that those who cannot make a substantial down payment, in the 20% range, lack the resources to be homeowners and should continue to rent.....
Carol!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1087721 Feb 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Explained what happened a few nights ago. Seller reneged at last minute - couldn't bring himself to come down to the appraisal value.
Which, in the long run, was the best outcome for us too.
So no worries. More money now, save more money in the next six months, and get a conventional loan the next time.
I guess I missed it; was away for the weekend. BTW, friends caught a 5 ft 60 lb Mahi Mahi!!
It was delicious! We went to Islamorada.

I think the roof and the pool thing would have been too much for you in the long run anyway.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087722 Feb 27, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Either way they are looking to buy without putting at least 20% down as required by her fellow 'conservatives'.
Yeah, veterans getting a little preferential treatment just irks the fool out of you and Lily, doesn't it?

And the down payment in a VA loan is just added to the loan. We sill pay for it.

But a conventional loan is the way we're going the next time.

So at least now you can sleep at night.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1087723 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, kinda like the difference between the Bloods and the Crips.......dead at the hands of radical Islam either way.....
you really are a dumbass.....
“That boy’s about as sharp as a bowling ball”

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1087724 Feb 27, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..
why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?
just adding more lies to your list? you know you run from me like the scared little child you are...

you have yet to prove even ONE of my posts wrong...not one.
Barb Finn

Wilkes Barre, PA

#1087725 Feb 27, 2014
Besides, you've missed the point, yet again. If "we" indeed the people then you stuck wit me jus' like I stuck wit you. Now go get me another beer, midget, fo' I slap you again...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087727 Feb 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you don't agree with your nations founding document? why are you here, then?
Do you agree with this?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Tell us why Obama doesn't agree with this and is ordering federal agencies to violate this part of the Constitution.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1087728 Feb 27, 2014
Barb Finn wrote:
Who's gonna hire a straight to shoot their gay wedding? A retard? "Oh, I'm not taking a picture of that!"
LOL! I agree, and just imagine the boost to the economy when gay marriage is allowed everywhere! Most guy people I know are loaded! Think of the boom to the hotels, airlines, wedding planners, photographers!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1087730 Feb 27, 2014
Arseny Yatseniuk, Ukraine's newly installed prime minister, has claimed that $70bn has gone missing from the public's balance sheets after the government of ousted President Viktor Yanukovich hid the cash away in offshore bank accounts.
© Ukrainian News

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine-abroa...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,830
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min B as in B S as in S 49,202
New Beach Boys song. 2 hr The Beach Boys 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,015
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 5 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia