Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087524 Feb 27, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe ..........
...waxman sock?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087525 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ever poll anybody outside New York on how they view New Yorkers???...
...from PA?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1087526 Feb 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean they will split from the Republican Party and create a third party?
Hillary was at UM yesterday; didn't answer when asked if she will run
They won't. They'll continue to suck off the teet of another party to support themselves.

Oh, the irony!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087527 Feb 27, 2014
LGBT Americans are the current target of this effort to repackage prejudice as “religious liberty,” they are hardly the first. To the contrary, as Wake Forest law Professor Michael Kent Curtis explained in a 2012 law review article, many segregationists justified racial bigotry on the very same grounds that religious conservatives now hope to justify anti-gay animus. In the words of one professor at a prominent Mississippi Baptist institution,“our Southern segregation way is the Christian way ....[God] was the original segregationist.”
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/02/26/3...
thinkprogress.org

ROTFLMAO....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1087528 Feb 27, 2014
KIEV, Ukraine (AP)— Russia scrambled fighter jets to patrol its border and reportedly gave shelter to Ukraine's fugitive president as pro-Russian gunmen stormed offices of Ukraine's strategic region, deepening the crisis for the new Ukrainian government even as it was being formed.
The moves pose an immediate challenge to Ukraine's new authorities as they seek to set up an interim government for the country, whose population is divided in loyalties between Russia and the West. Ukraine's new prime minister said the country's future lies in the European Union but with friendly relations with Russia. Moscow, meanwhile, has launched a massive military exercise involving 150,000 troops and put fighter jets on patrol along the border.
A respected Russian news organization reported that President Viktor Yanukovych, who was driven out of Kiev by a three-month protest movement, was staying in a Kremlin sanatorium just outside Moscow.
"I have to ask Russia to ensure my personal safety from extremists," Yanukovych said in a statement carried by Russian news agencies on Thursday. He said he still considers himself president and sees the new Ukrainian authorities as illegitimate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/27/ukra...
Seems as though Putin had 37 billion rea$ons to welcome Yanukovych. Or so it's said.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087529 Feb 27, 2014
Ukraine

Ukraine's ambassador to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization said Thursday that Russian armored personnel carriers had been detected outside the confines of their base in Crimea, but said he hoped they had returned.

Asked at a press conference whether military vehicles pictured outside the regional capital of Simferopol were Russian, the ambassador, Ihor Dolhov, said there had been an "identified movement of armored vehicles belonging to the Black Sea fleet of the Russian Federation."

He said such movements away from the port of Sebastopol, leased to the Russian fleet, had to be agreed in advance with Ukraine and that there had been no such accord.

He recalled Ukraine had called upon Russia to "refrain from actions leading to destabilization of Ukraine, particularly in Crimea."

Asked if the military movements meant that this plea had been ignored, Mr. Dolhov said: "I hope that, after these vehicles were detected, identified and stopped, by now they have been taken back to their [bases]."

He had been attending a joint Ukraine-NATO meeting that take place alongside NATO ministerial meetings at alliance headquarters.

He said it was important that NATO allies had, at this meeting of defense ministers, reaffirmed their support for the territorial integrity, sovereignty and inviolability of Ukraine's borders.

He said the Ukrainian people could resolve the country's problems, including in Crimea, independently. "There is no need for others to be involved."

Mr. Dolhov said acting president Oleksandr Turchynov was flying later Thursday to Simferopol, where armed activists representing Russian-language speakers in Ukraine have occupied government buildings in an effort to seek a peaceful resolution.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087530 Feb 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, the House Oversight Committee is a Kangaroo Court. Glad we cleared that up.
it's not a court at all...

Congress can just investigate and refer the results to the Justice Department for possible prosecution....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1087531 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ever poll anybody outside New York on how they view New Yorkers???...
Yes you idiot, there was.

The poll was taken on 9-11-2001.

It was NYC that was attacked, not your home town of bumsuck, PA.

And the entire USA rallied as America's most infuential City was attacked. I still see people with NYPD and NYFD logos and "Never Forget".

I believe your boy Bush started two wars to get even with the attacks on NY.

What was that stupidity you were spouting again, Nobraina??
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087532 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
thinkprogress.org
ROTFLMAO....
pathetic OCD victim...... 24/7 :-)
-
Angela
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1087533 Feb 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Does that mean they will split from the Republican Party and create a third party?
Hillary was at UM yesterday; didn't answer when asked if she will run
She was here too, speaking at medical convention.

I don't think she'll run, never did, but I do think she'll hang around as a distraction until 2015. Same with Biden.

They're both too old.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087534 Feb 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.
In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.
TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.
TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.
Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.
The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.
- See more at: http://keystone-xl.com/about/jobs-and-economi ...
The only independent analysis conducted of the American job-creation potential of the Keystone XL pipeline finds that between 500 and 1400 temporary construction jobs will be created, with a negative long-term economic impact as gas prices rise in the Midwest and environmental costs are borne:

"Examining TransCanada’s business operations, the Cornell Global Labor Institute report finds that TransCanada has already purchased most of the steel it intends to use for the pipeline from India; that most of the work will be conducted by people already employed by TransCanada; and that the Perryman Group included already-completed pipeline projects in its job-creation estimates."

http://www.nationofchange.org/keystone-xl-tar...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1087535 Feb 27, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Bestest record for CONtinual HIGHest gas prices in the past half a century!!!
And so it should be, anything to get you out of that big a$$ truck and stop ruining the planet for all of us.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087536 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this is where you are a fool, because the Bible is more than "just a book" to hundreds of millions of people, including many who don't take every word literally....and if you can't understand that, you have a problem.....
for me it's just a book. and for someone to try to tell me that i should pay attention to what it says is exactly why the Constitution is not based in religion. the founders were pretty much tired of the Church trying to rule the roost.

i have the freedom to chose to believe, or to not believe. a freedom, as the courts keep reinforcing, that the religious cannot touch.

so i have to laugh every time i hit a site like Redstate and it's 'OMG Sin!' like ALL of us are buying into the the 'word' of God.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1087537 Feb 27, 2014
Texas Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional By Federal Judge

>>>U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia ruled Wednesday that Texas' ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional.

Garcia issued a preliminary injunction on the state's ban, citing Supreme Court precedent. However, Garcia issued a stay on his order, meaning the ban will remain in effect pending appeal.

“Today’s court decision is not made in defiance of the great people of Texas or the Texas Legislature, but in compliance with the U.S. Constitution and Supreme Court precedent,” Garcia wrote in the order.“Without a rational relation to a legitimate governmental purpose, state-imposed inequality can find no refuge in our U.S. Constitution.”<<<'

----------

Why do Repugnants hate the US Constitution and freedom for all Americans, not just white Christians??

Seems they pass unConstitutional laws on a regular basis, only to lose in Court.

----------

"""IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

""When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

----------

Time to round up the Teabaggers and place them in prison for their Un American activities.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1087538 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not a court at all...
Congress can just investigate and refer the results to the Justice Department for possible prosecution....
Another reich wing political witch hunt disguised as 'work.'
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087539 Feb 27, 2014
those who died in the attack on America on 9-11-2001 were noble, but many of their NYPD and FDNY associates who survived were as crooked as ever.....

http://news.yahoo.com/more-retired-ny-firefig...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087540 Feb 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only independent analysis conducted of the American job-creation potential of the Keystone XL pipeline finds that between 500 and 1400 temporary construction jobs will be created, with a negative long-term economic impact as gas prices rise in the Midwest and environmental costs are borne:
"Examining TransCanada’s business operations, the Cornell Global Labor Institute report finds that TransCanada has already purchased most of the steel it intends to use for the pipeline from India; that most of the work will be conducted by people already employed by TransCanada; and that the Perryman Group included already-completed pipeline projects in its job-creation estimates."
http://www.nationofchange.org/keystone-xl-tar...
please stop quoting the fake Cornell.....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087541 Feb 27, 2014
Carol has a leak in her roof?
LOL

Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087542 Feb 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and by the way, the Constitution does NOT guarantee freedom from religion, just freedom from an established state religion.....
the phrase "separation of church and state" appears nowhere and is not intended....
seems to me that some states are trying to pass laws based on religious views.

which is why judges keep shooting them down. you cannot establish laws based on religious principles without running headlong into the Constitution.
Miss Olchowski

Baldwinsville, NY

#1087543 Feb 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you idiot, there was.
The poll was taken on 9-11-2001.
It was NYC that was attacked, not your home town of bumsuck, PA.
And the entire USA rallied as America's most infuential City was attacked. I still see people with NYPD and NYFD logos and "Never Forget".
I believe your boy Bush started two wars to get even with the attacks on NY.
What was that stupidity you were spouting again, Nobraina??
To be absolutely accurate, New York was, and still is, viewed by the majority of the American south as, "Jew York," a term they would often use to describe it in their state legislatures if you check back. My guess is that the World Trade Center was targeted by the Saudis because there were no comparable sites in Atlanta or Shreveport. If conservatives could've ginned up a little support for bombing the Cotton Exchange or the Rose Bowl or some rodeo somewhere, I'm sure we'd be mourning the loss of 10,000 or so cows or football players as we speak, but they were sort of forced to go with what the people know. I personally know dozens of southerners who have to choke out the phrase, "Remember 9-11." But, it's a living as they say... These are the same people who relish okra and grits remember...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Earthling-1 47,005
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 49 min JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 98,345
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]