Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509138 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088754 Mar 1, 2014
With poll after poll after poll showing Hillary Clinton leading any Republican in a hypothetical 2016 presidential race, her opponents on the right hope to prove either that she's too scandal-ridden or too sick to actually run. It's a banner day for the theories: a new document dump from the Clinton Presidential Library and a rewarmed look at Clinton's late-2012 health scare are both getting attention.

....At the end of 2012, Clinton passed out while battling the stomach flu, which led doctors to discover a blood clot near her brain. It has since been treated, and she's back to full strength.

Or is she?, which might as well be the headline of The Daily Caller's article reporting on "whispers" about Clinton's health. A spokesman told the site's Alex Pappas that "She’s 100%" (adding a snarky "very caring of you to ask"), but Pappas is still hearing whispers. One of those whispers was on Twitter, which is not exactly a whisper. Roger Stone, a Republican consultant best known for his massive Nixon tattoo, tweeted simply, "@HillaryClinton not running for health reasons. Remember you heard it first from the #StoneZone." Asked for more information or a source, Stone coyly remained silent. Making the prediction sort of like the guy at the Super Bowl party who says I bet they score a touchdown here and then brags about his prescience once it happens. Pappas also tells readers about how some tabloids think Clinton might be sick, and also The Washington Post raised the issue a year ago. Whispers.

None of which is to say that Clinton 1) will not be sidelined by some new revelation, 2) is perfectly healthy, or 3) will run at all. It's just to say that we're in the portion of the 2016 cycle during which the only way Clinton could be eliminated from contention is if 1) she is sidelined by a new revelation, 2) is not healthy, or 3) decides not to run. And only two of those things might be uncovered by intrepid sleuthing or whispering.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/02/conse...
Mr Lib

United States

#1088755 Mar 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your money should be on a Brain Transplant instead.
You can pick one up cheap at the your nearest Chicken Packing Plant.
It's on my to-do list:

a. Go to packing plant.

b. pick up brain to implant inside Shiny's empty head.

c. reach inside parts bin and pick up Shiny's new girlfriend.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1088756 Mar 1, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. Ghost said about two years ago he was just going to the East Coast for a "glorious" vacation! He's been there ever since, and now just uses his Hidemyass VPN service so he can post from Hawaii and several other places to hide his humiliated worthless liberal azz.
Ghost wanted to stay on vacation forever and so he visited a neighborhood tattoo parlor to have "On Vacation" written across his forehead.

Strangers drop coins into his walker basket now and smile at him a lot.
Mr Lib

United States

#1088757 Mar 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not telling you how to live.
Heck, I'm no damned Liberal.
I never accused you of such.

I merely made a reference to your lifestyle in which bathhouses, Lysol and handguns play a major role.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088758 Mar 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Greenpeace was an anti nuclear bomb testing group before it was Greenpeace. It became Greenpeace and more about the environment after Moore joined the group. A co-founder.
What Hannity Didn’t Tell You About His Climate-Change Denying,‘Co-Founder Of Greenpeace’ Guest

Last night, Sean Hannity hosted Patrick Moore, introduced merely as “co-founder of Greenpeace,” who has found “zero evidence that the earth is warming because of human activity.” But for some reason, Hannity failed to mention that Moore’s more recent resumé– like, for the last 20 years – has him as a spokesman for the very industries fingered by real climate change experts.

According to Greenpeace, Moore is not a co-founder. The organization says on its website,“Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace.

But wait, Greenpeace has more to say about Moore:

Patrick Moore is a Paid Spokesperson for the Nuclear Industry

In April 2006, the Nuclear Energy Institute, the principal lobby for the nuclear industry, launched the Clean And Safe Energy Coalition and installed former Bush Administration EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman and Mr. Moore as its co-chairs. The Clean and Safe Energy Coalition was part of a public relations project spearheaded by the public relations giant Hill & Knowlton as part of its estimated $8 million contract with the nuclear industry.

Patrick Moore Does Not Represent Greenpeace

For more than 20 years, Mr. Moore has been a paid spokesman for a variety of polluting industries, including the timber, mining, chemical and the aquaculture industries. Most of these industries hired Mr. Moore only after becoming the focus of a Greenpeace campaign to improve their environmental performance. Mr. Moore has now worked for polluters for far longer than he ever worked for Greenpeace. Greenpeace opposes the use of nuclear energy because it is a dangerous and expensive distraction from real solutions to climate change.

Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/what_hannity_didn_t_...

Patrick Moore frequently portrays himself as a founder or co-founder of Greenpeace, and many news outlets have repeated this characterization. Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace. Phil Cotes, Irving Stowe, and Jim Bohlen founded Greenpeace in 1970. Patrick Moore applied for a berth on the Phyllis Cormack in March, 1971 after the organization had already been in existence for a year. A copy of his application letter and Greenpeace's response are available here (PDF).

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/ab...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1088759 Mar 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And the really sad part of all of that was he was AWOL and according to the articles of war a deserter. That low life along with Cheney should be in Leavenworth prison. Along with all of the dumb nut cases that supported that idiot.
Was his unit activated? How is he AWOL when the National Guard belongs to the state unless activated.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088760 Mar 1, 2014
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's a great place to live and make money, Mr. KKK Retardican. California is not merely the wealthiest state in the nation, it's one of the world's great economies.
Eat your heart out, bedsheet boy.
Ah, djes! Djes! Here you are my lettle fat flower with tiny feet... and now that the cat is out of the box, so to speek, I, Don Esteban, Raoul, Gonzales, Telios De Lorca, shall set about the pleasant task of whacking your leetle pee-pee until it falls off and ees buried een a shallow grave next to Lynee and that feelthy, leetle dog, whose name I, Don Esteban, Raoul, Gonzales, Telios De Lorca e a Chuga! Am currently unable to recall?
Mr Lib

United States

#1088761 Mar 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost wanted to stay on vacation forever and so he visited a neighborhood tattoo parlor to have "On Vacation" written across his forehead.
Strangers drop coins into his walker basket now and smile at him a lot.
The funny part here is that you think it's funny. Everyone else is standing around with perplexed looks on their faces.

Lapeer, MI

#1088763 Mar 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>But but Sonic--barack hussein o'bama is in charge now--Send in the gays and break the whole thing up. Say what did O'bama do when he took over and Georgia was since in conflict--NOTHING--same thing he is going to do now.
The Magic Negro urged the Olympic Committee to hold Purse Boxing and Nude Snow Angel competitions at Sochi but Putin wouldn't have it.

But Putin did invite the Boy for a moonlit luge ride for two after hours.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088764 Mar 1, 2014
Q: How do you know Lynne's grave from that of the dog? A: The dog's grave is marked.(I, Don Esteban, Raoul, Gonzales, Telios De Lorca ea Chuga, find theese joke blindingly funny... as well as original.)

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1088765 Mar 1, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of a good laugh:
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I do not have any failures. I am educated.<quoted text>
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
- I'm going to Europe again in less than a month. I have family there and while they are considered filthy rich and I stay in only the wealthy ares.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote: good nignt good people. I'm going across the pond to the U.K. for a wedding in two weeks.
QUOTE who="Waxman" Actually, yes. I leave tomorrow. I will be looking at some real estate that costs more than you would ever believe.
If I didn't dislike France so much, I would recommend people purchase there as long as they don't have to declare income there.
... and yes, I will be staying in an area of what you would call, filthy rich people in a posh London suburb.<quoted text>
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, lowlife:
The 3 million $ home was purchased before additions.
You moron!
It's just money - it's all relative.
Happiness & sanity is what counts and makes money possible.
You don't have that. Do you?
Baawwaahhh!!!
Everything I say is true.<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:<quoted text>
BTW libturds I discovered a vintage 1958 Nash Rambler in one of the many buildings on my estate! My mechanic will see to getting it in proper working order. It’s easy when you’re wealthy, as am I.
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted that Woman's personal information on this thread....... you were sanctioned and banned by Topix..... That qualifies you as a Topix Stalker, at least the moderator considers you such......
That's not Devin's assessment, I was here when the moderator warned you, it's not like you've forgotten....... ROFLMAO
The other delusional lunatic, Pelosi was kicked off Topix for the same thing...... ROFLMAO
Are you saying the Moderator did not come in here and warn you for your anti social behavior in posting that Woman's personal information?
In your delusional mind, this never happened?
ROFLMAO, You're a Fraud...... ROFLMAO
ROFLMAO..... It's sad to see a grown man sniveling, whinning and LYING......
Who knows himself a braggart, let him fear this, for it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.” William Shakespeare, The Complete Works

“Perhaps the less we have, the more we are required to brag.” John Steinbeck, East of Eden

“When heard someone's boasting, I could smell shit of bull from afar.” Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity

“Do not turn your face from others with pride, nor walk arrogantly on earth. Verily the Almighty does not like those who are arrogant and boastful.”

You are right, Nostrils is a fraud.

Lapeer, MI

#1088766 Mar 1, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you haven't noticed....your party is anything BUT "Healthy".
Your party isn't exactly Butt Healthy.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088767 Mar 1, 2014
When Lynne finally died, KKKraig burned her een the backyard and then packed her ashes into an empty can of her favorite coffee. To this day hee refers to eet as the Tomb of the Unknown Folgers.

Lapeer, MI

#1088768 Mar 1, 2014
Mr Lib wrote:
<quoted text>
The only books an idiot like you can comprehend.
I call it no elephant left behind.
You *are* a Left Behind.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088769 Mar 1, 2014
This Is a rightwing conversation:

fetch almighty wrote:

<quoted text>But but Sonic--barack hussein o'bama is in charge now--Send in the gays and break the whole thing up. Say what did O'bama do when he took over and Georgia was since in conflict--NOTHING--same thing he is going to do now.
The Magic Negro urged the Olympic Committee to hold Purse Boxing and Nude Snow Angel competitions at Sochi but Putin wouldn't have it.

But Putin did invite the Boy for a moonlit luge ride for two after hours.

You people are fuggin retards.
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088770 Mar 1, 2014
When Lynee was finally dying she decided to change her hair color.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1088771 Mar 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What Hannity Didn’t Tell You About His Climate-Change Denying,‘Co-Founder Of Greenpeace’ Guest
Last night, Sean Hannity hosted Patrick Moore, introduced merely as “co-founder of Greenpeace,” who has found “zero evidence that the earth is warming because of human activity.” But for some reason, Hannity failed to mention that Moore’s more recent resumé– like, for the last 20 years – has him as a spokesman for the very industries fingered by real climate change experts.
According to Greenpeace, Moore is not a co-founder. The organization says on its website,“Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace.
But wait, Greenpeace has more to say about Moore:
Patrick Moore is a Paid Spokesperson for the Nuclear Industry
In April 2006, the Nuclear Energy Institute, the principal lobby for the nuclear industry, launched the Clean And Safe Energy Coalition and installed former Bush Administration EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman and Mr. Moore as its co-chairs. The Clean and Safe Energy Coalition was part of a public relations project spearheaded by the public relations giant Hill & Knowlton as part of its estimated $8 million contract with the nuclear industry.
Patrick Moore Does Not Represent Greenpeace
For more than 20 years, Mr. Moore has been a paid spokesman for a variety of polluting industries, including the timber, mining, chemical and the aquaculture industries. Most of these industries hired Mr. Moore only after becoming the focus of a Greenpeace campaign to improve their environmental performance. Mr. Moore has now worked for polluters for far longer than he ever worked for Greenpeace. Greenpeace opposes the use of nuclear energy because it is a dangerous and expensive distraction from real solutions to climate change.
Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/what_hannity_didn_t_...
Patrick Moore frequently portrays himself as a founder or co-founder of Greenpeace, and many news outlets have repeated this characterization. Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace. Phil Cotes, Irving Stowe, and Jim Bohlen founded Greenpeace in 1970. Patrick Moore applied for a berth on the Phyllis Cormack in March, 1971 after the organization had already been in existence for a year. A copy of his application letter and Greenpeace's response are available here (PDF).
http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/ab...
Moore was part of the committee when it changed from Don't Make a Wave Committee to Greenpeace. Greenpeace wasn't Greenpeace in 1970 and 1971 when it was founded. I can see how the means justifies the end people can disown him.

What is so polluting about nuclear energy? It matters more about where you put these reactors, like it is a bad idea to put one on the coast in an earthquake prone country.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1088772 Mar 1, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
First President to be recognized for what he's not. Seems appropriate, under the circumstances. His legacy will read simply, "He could have been worse."
In other words..."He was better than Bush".
Baawwaahhh

United States

#1088773 Mar 1, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too! He already basically called him a wimp!
New York police: Connecticut man arrested after trying to have sex with cows on video

http://www.nhregister.com/general-news/201402...

Care to explain? Nope, didn't think so!!!
Telios De Lorca

Troy, MI

#1088775 Mar 1, 2014
(Epitaph written in wet concrete on the sidewalk next to KKKraig's leetle house een the suburbs.) "Here lies Lynne, a loyal and faitful wife. When he dies, KKKRaig will be buried here too... as if Lynne didn't have enough on her hands already."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min believed 239,570
Obama has LEAK under sink. 7 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 7 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 7 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 7 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages