Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395187 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1088227 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you get/use Tricare in addition to Medicare? If Lois aka Carol's husband is a veteran, does he not get Tricare for him and his family?
I didn't realize that the VA lent money for down payments on homes; so they don't lend for the entire mortgage?
TriCare is for active duty and retired military personnel. I don't qualify.

I have Medicare, a small VA supplement and a another supplement through the VFW that I pay for.

The VA offers a few different versions of home buying assistance. I've never used that service, it's time consuming and cumbersome.

I did use the GI bill to finish college__that was an easy deal, the schools registrars office took care of all the details__I had several great choices.

It's not such an easy deal for the returning Iraq/Afghanistan vets__they're basically getting hosed.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088228 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
As a spokeswoman for Black Americans you and nobama-Galt --"Sambo" carry influence with your statements
now that you have abandoned looking at naked pictures of some ones mom
LOL
There's no proof either way those photos were Ann Dunham. It could have been someone who looked like her, a photoshop of her in the picture or could have actually been her. But because it can't be proven, it's a non-issue and one I regret having perpetrated that one time.

However, the bone structure and facial characteristics of Frank Marshall Davis and Barack Hussein Obama are indisputable. There's no resemblance at all with Barack Obama, Sr.and Barack Hussein Obama. Not one recognizable characteristic do they share.

Orlando, FL

#1088229 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you get/use Tricare in addition to Medicare? If Lois aka Carol's husband is a veteran, does he not get Tricare for him and his family?
I didn't realize that the VA lent money for down payments on homes; so they don't lend for the entire mortgage?
National Guardsmen who serve for six years are considered veterans. That's why we qualify for a VA loan.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1088230 Feb 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Rudderless Tea Party Searches For Meaning Five Years On
Five years after storming the national political stage, the Tea Party finds itself in the same ideological doldrums that killed off the social movements of the ’60s and ’80s.
Several hundred die-hard Tea Party activists Thursday found themselves sandwiched between a much larger convention of chiropractors and the annual fly-in lobbying convention of the National Treasury Employees Union.
Held at a Washington Hyatt, the fifth anniversary event for the Tea Party Patriots was a far cry from the halcyon days of 2009 when tens of thousands of conservatives descended on Washington for a Tea Party rally.
Big names from the movement’s birth like Rep. Michele Bachmann and Rep. Steve King — as well as three senators — shared the bill with obscure bloggers and businessmen hawking books, websites, even insurance brokerage services.
“I’m doing a film on the U.S. constitution. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen. It’s going to educate, it’s going to entertain,” one attendee told conservative radio icon Mark Levin in the hall outside the dimly lit event space.
But more than sheer numbers was missing from Thursday’s event: The day lacked either a single leader or issue to rally around. While Obamacare may have birthed the movement, it no longer motivates the Tea Party, if Thursday’s lineup was any evidence.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/rudderles...
Yes
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1088231 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no proof either way those photos were Ann Dunham. It could have been someone who looked like her, a photoshop of her in the picture or could have actually been her. But because it can't be proven, it's a non-issue and one I regret having perpetrated that one time.
However, the bone structure and facial characteristics of Frank Marshall Davis and Barack Hussein Obama are indisputable. There's no resemblance at all with Barack Obama, Sr.and Barack Hussein Obama. Not one recognizable characteristic do they share.
You remain your own worst enemy.

LOL
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1088232 Feb 28, 2014
flack wrote:
Retail of world's first flying car announced
ninemsn staff 2:58pm October 19, 2013
October 19, 2013: A company in the US has built the prototype for the first flying car that will go on sale in 2015.
The world's first flying car will be up for sale in just two years' time, US company Terrafugia has announced.
The Terrafugia Transition, which reaches on a ground speed of 240km/h but can reach 720km/h in the air, will go on sale for about $290,000 for local pilots with 20 hours flying experience, CNN reports.
The vehicle is a light aeroplane that is equipped to drive on the road.
"The Transition is the evolution of a lot of years of thinking and, you know, dreaming about things like this," Terrafugia's co-founder and chief executive Carl Dietrich said.
It's "a symbol of what we can accomplish", he said.
The flying car is currently being test driven and has attracted much attention.
"We had it at a gas station yesterday and people definitely stare," Mr Dietrich said.
"It's better than having a super sports car, because this one really does fly."
Source: CNN, Flying Car Film
Author: Matt Khoury. Approving editor: Nick Pearson.
Yeah right__www.aeromobil.com be sure and watch the video.

Two years? Rolling on Floor Laughing My Azz Off
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088233 Feb 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the military should become more efficient so they can cut their budget without affecting their personnel so heavily...
one of the most bloated, inefficient bureaucracies on the planet...
the military should cut their budget without affecting national security....such as reducing cost of living increases for retirees....

and every other government agency and program should be cut proportionately.....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1088234 Feb 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's on the way. The technology to remove the hu man driver is being built piece by piece. Don't you watch the commercials?
So who do we sue when there's an unfortunate accident.

Don't hold your breath for an auto pilot car pal.

BTW www.aeromobil.com is where you'll find the car that actually flies__not too high and not very far but the sumbtch flies.
dem

United States

#1088235 Feb 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please excuse-usm said Haute Couture... you know those high quality fashion houses that make and develop by hand 'stretchy pants." yep that is what she said. So for days I have been asking what fashion house constructed and released a product called 'stretchy pants" -- do you know?
Notice a brain damaged tea bagger will argue with a dictionary of any language.
dem

United States

#1088236 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>the military should cut their budget without affecting national security....such as reducing cost of living increases for retirees....

and every other government agency and program should be cut proportionately.....
Afternoon ignorant tea bag azzhole.

Orlando, FL

#1088237 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
I guess she was; Lois aka Carol informed us of the great event; I assume she was hoping he would crucify her. I clicked over and didn't see it, but was watching the Heat game against the Knicks! Which they won, and LeBron wore a black mask to protect his nose that looked like Batman. I'm sure all the white folk were "sceeered"!!
Think it was the first time some liberals even believed Valerie Jarrett existed. You'd think some of us made her up on here years ago considering the responses from your side.

It was definitely one of the few times she's allowed herself to be seen and interviewed.

Now if only we could convince you she really is the power behind the throne.
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1088238 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the military should cut their budget without affecting national security....such as reducing cost of living increases for retirees....
Auntie Galt with economic advise .....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1088239 Feb 28, 2014
FYI

The National Archives released thousands of documents Friday from Bill Clinton's presidency. Here's what you need to know:

• The more than 4,000 pages of documents include material related to the 1993-94 health care task force, including a timeline for legislative strategy. Those records could have an impact on former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton if she decides to seek the presidency again in 2016. In one draft document, a question is raised about the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the health care bill and whether "CBO is going to screw us on savings." Other documents show the need to address concerns from Democrats, including then-House Speaker Tom Foley and Rep. John Dingell, D-Mich., then-chairman of the powerful House Energy and Commerce Committee.

• There are also documents dealing with the Clinton administration's response to the mass killings in Rwanda. The only document in a file dealing with how the Cinton White House responded to attacks by al-Qaeda before the 9/11 attacks was a memo on sending a "personal get-well gesture" to King Hussein of Jordan while he was being treated for cancer at the Mayo Clinic. The idea was rejected, a Clinton aide wrote, because it "sounds like too much crepe hanging."

• The documents have been exempted from public disclosure because they involve "appointments to federal office and confidential advice among the president and his advisers," said a statement from the National Archives and Records Administration.

• The disclosure exemption actually expired in January 2013 — 12 years after the Clinton presidency ended — but the documents are just now being released. In the time since, aides to Clinton and President Obama have been reviewing the documents to see whether they want to contest release of some documents.
dem

United States

#1088240 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Think it was the first time some liberals even believed Valerie Jarrett existed. You'd think some of us made her up on here years ago considering the responses from your side.

It was definitely one of the few times she's allowed herself to be seen and interviewed.

Now if only we could convince you she really is the power behind the throne.
Many racist idiots refuse to believe a black man is running our country. Luckily they are dying off daily.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1088241 Feb 28, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon ignorant tea bag azzhole.
Afternoon nasty libtarded sock.
dem

United States

#1088242 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>Auntie Galt with economic advise .....
Some patriot that lady is. Calling for a freeze on the veterans benefits
dem

United States

#1088243 Feb 28, 2014
Hey dumb carol you azzhole pal galt wants to take money off your table.
Your thoughts?
dem

United States

#1088244 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>So who do we sue when there's an unfortunate accident.

Don't hold your breath for an auto pilot car pal.

BTW www.aeromobil.com is where you'll find the car that actually flies__not too high and not very far but the sumbtch flies.
I hope Fox News runs a story on how dumb people believe in aliens. Flack and dumb carol will be so confused.

Orlando, FL

#1088245 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All they need to do is cut the waste. But I'm beginning to wonder if big government has gotten so big they can't even bend over to pick up and throw away the trash.

How hard can it be to eliminate all the obvious waste, fraud and duplication in government and implement a few and much needed reforms?

It seems it would be much harder to live in such squalor on Capital Hill pretending to be the housekeepers.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1088246 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Auntie Galt with economic advise .....
advise?

Dumbfk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Denny CranesPlace 216,741
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Pete McSNAP 102,474
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 26 min GEORGIA 2,697
Word (Dec '08) 28 min GEORGIA 6,416
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min GEORGIA 8,887
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min tina anne 60,095
Bring these 2 Iranians into illinois for a rewa... 1 hr Bella Esmail Moore 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages