Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087308 Feb 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been debunked over and over again. Where have you been? Keystone claims that each section of the pipeline will employ 500 American workers for each of the 17 sections of pipeline as if they are going to use new workers for each section of pipeline. It's a lie.
The Global Labor Institute at Cornell University’s College of Industrial and Labor Relations examined TransCanada’s application and made their own job creation estimate, 2,500-4,500 at best. A State Department study projects only 35 permanent jobs in pipeline maintenance and inspection. Keystone cooks the numbers...surprise!!!
only the government would construct one section at a time.....

and try finding something from the real Cornell, not the state labor un ion school....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087309 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes. So nothing's changed.
There are other ways to lose customers you don't want other than just refusing to serve them in the first place.
This bill and all the hoopla surrounding it was unnecessary. Business owners refusing to serve certain customers isn't anything new. This was just progressive liberalism using gays versus religious beliefs to make a mountain out of a molehill.
"""Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes."""" "

Flying Your broom tonight? This is some nasty stuff Mrs President?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1087310 Feb 26, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash...it's February, and those problems didn't materialize.
4 million enrolled, and it's killing you, isn't it?
When has ANYTHING you've predicted EVER come true?
Check and Check Mate

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1087311 Feb 26, 2014
Dink McCleod wrote:
"Ohhh, ohhhh, I'm an electron! I orbit a nucleus and I'm pretty and pink! No, NO, don't throw me the football!!!"
You are a fool trapped within Asymptotic freedom.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1087312 Feb 26, 2014
IDK why anyone would not want to live in the Progressive approved big cities in the N east....

'Two Parking Spaces in Boston Sold for $560,000'

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/record-prices-...
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#1087313 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked__no more than fun with words and numbers by Dr. Paul L. Williams, a batsht crazy right wing racist POS scumbag.
Bullchit.

Anyway-Ya think at least ONE out of all those over paid tsarists in alll those jawbs -especially anorexic ones whining about having caloric charts for every flockn thing, would come up with a way to deny innenet on all dem "fwee fo' no' jusitfiable virtuous reason -off of everyone ELSES backs" obammer phones.

Oh but chitfire n hell no-they might be actually able to purchase a couple days of COOK IT AT HOME groceries and cover the ele wattage used with the NON wastage then.

Dem ones like that -ALL needs to sent for some mandatory priorities edumacation!

Lapeer, MI

#1087314 Feb 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol! This is how a reich winger thinks.... it doesn't!
"Embattled New Jersey Governor Christie finds friendly crowd at familiar forum
Reuters
By Edith Honan 1 hour ago
STIRLING, New Jersey (Reuters)- New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, who has endured months of political fire for a traffic scandal that has brought down some top aides, visited a conservative corner of his state on Wednesday for a town hall intended to show off his charisma.
In his second such meeting since the "Bridgegate" scandal broke, voters were warm to Christie, a Republican seen as a likely 2016 White House contender, saying they respected his leadership even after learning that aides ordered the closure of three lanes of traffic on the George Washington Bridge in an act of apparent political retribution.
"I love the governor and I really want to support him through these troubled times," said Dorothy Burger, who said she was active in local Republican politics in the suburb of Stirling, located about 30 miles west of New York City. "I think the Democrats want to damage him as a presidential candidate."..."
An unthinking twit wants to lecture the rest of us about how other people think.

How quaint.

Location hidden

#1087315 Feb 26, 2014
IDK why anyone would not want to live in the Progressive approved big cities in the North East...

".$1 million parking spot will be New York City’s most expensive"

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/1-millio...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087316 Feb 26, 2014
Let's review:

Secretary of State, Kerry, naively compares any tension between Russia and the USA as not being Rocky IV.

Secretary of Health and Human Services, Sebelius, can't seem to figure out where her own number - 7 million - came from.

Senate Majority Leader, Reid, dismisses "the horror stories" surrounding Obamacare as "all untrue" - every single one of them.

Where are the Three Stooges when you need them?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1087317 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes. So nothing's changed.
There are other ways to lose customers you don't want other than just refusing to serve them in the first place.
This bill and all the hoopla surrounding it was unnecessary. Business owners refusing to serve certain customers isn't anything new. This was just progressive liberalism using gays versus religious beliefs to make a mountain out of a molehill.
and that would make gfood business sense how? the mayor of Mpls actually went to Chicago before they had SSM to garner that million $ industry to our state!

do you never tire of making a total ass of yourself, lois? really?

why do you embarrass yourself so with your stupidity?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087318 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Secretary of State Debra Bowen has given him the green light to start collecting petition signatures."
Can you tell me what is wrong with that statement?
(You have to know what's written in the Constitution to answer that question.)
If you haven't got a clue what's in the Constitution that makes that a ludicrous statement, I'll educate you on this.
No doubt Debra Bowen doesn't have a clue, either.
Is there a Democrat anywhere that has ever read the Constitution?
There is nothing at all wrong with that statement.

SACRAMENTO - Secretary of State Debra Bowen today announced the proponent of a new initiative may begin collecting petition signatures for his measure.

"The Attorney General prepares the legal title and summary that is required to appear on initiative petitions. When the official language is complete, the Attorney General forwards it to the proponent and to the Secretary of State, and the initiative may be circulated for signatures." That, my friend, is what giving the green light means.

http://www.sos.ca.gov/admin/press-releases/20...

Lapeer, MI

#1087319 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
So first we have Secretary of State, John Kerry, telling Putin the dynamics between Russia and the USA isn't Rocky IV.
Then we have HR Secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, saying she has no idea where the number "7 million" came from -(the number needed to sign up for Obamacare)- when it came from her last year.
Now we have Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, dismissing "all of the horror stories" surrounding Obamacare as simply not being true - none are true - not one.
We should all just go ahead and get "stupid" tattooed across our foreheads.
And Obamacare will pay for the tattoo session as a medical necessity.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1087320 Feb 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
"""Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes."""" "
Flying Your broom tonight? This is some nasty stuff Mrs President?
You think that's bad-you should've seen the post where I presented a hypothetical situation and Duh A Vey thought it was real---and wished baduh things on the make believe bakery and it's hypothetical owner lol.

Location hidden

#1087321 Feb 26, 2014
IDK why anyone would want to live in the Midwest.....

"San Francisco parking spot sells for $82,000"

http://www.ydr.com/nation-world/ci_23451701/s...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087322 Feb 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and Check Mate
You must be playing chess with yourself. The other poster was wrong. The latest number is 3 million and the WH refuses to break down those numbers - but the best guesstimate is 3 out of 4 who have signed up signed up for Medicaid.

Pick up your chess piece. Game's not over.

Lapeer, MI

#1087323 Feb 26, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case, it's already there
In your case, actions speak louder than words ever will.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087324 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not going to work. a business starts playing games with product they'll lose a lot of business. do you know how many restaurant review sites there are? and there's the social media to consider.

they'll be out of business in hurry.

and your last sentence makes no sense when you consider that conservatives are using a book that not everyone believes in as a reason to try to further an agenda that most people don't even want. talk about mountains out of molehills.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1087325 Feb 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
Ukraine Part Two NYT
The West is in a losing position because it can neither reward nor punish. Despite its accumulated wealth, it is not ready to make sacrifices. Within Western societies, economic solidarity is collapsing. Mobilization in favor of other nations is limited to empty words and gestures. In effect, the West is unable to outbid the financial capacity of autocratic Russia or China, even though they are poorer than the European Union or the United States.
And neither the European Union nor America can resort to the same type of brutality employed by nondemocratic regimes. There is also a lack of willpower, because a confrontation with Russia, to say nothing of China, could require sacrifices. The West may have “soft power,” but too often it acts as a “softy power.”
Thanks to Ukrainians, the new situation offers an opportunity to reverse the West’s drift. The West must make clear to Russia that it will not abide further meddling in Kiev’s political course. At the same time, it must offer a hefty package of economic and political support, from cheap loans to financing and training for pro-Western political parties.
The biggest mistake that the European Union and the United States can make is to believe that it is enough to wait for pro-Western forces to emerge. They must finally decide: Do they want to make a joint effort to include Ukraine in the Western fold or not. Indecisive behavior may well bring renewed bloodshed, or even war.
We can't even pay our bills in the US-let alone any other weak legged and in certain sectors, questionable-statehood.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087326 Feb 26, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
are you trying to tell us you are a homosexual?
i've never taken a gay sex trip to the Dominican Republic.

Location hidden

#1087327 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that would make gfood business sense how? the mayor of Mpls actually went to Chicago before they had SSM to garner that million $ industry to our state!
do you never tire of making a total ass of yourself, lois? really?
why do you embarrass yourself so with your stupidity?
Congratulations!

You have posted 41,031 useless comments...

you are right up there with Small pox and syphilis...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago a model city 12 min Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 1 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Boy G 50,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr casting director 98,497
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Frank 179,261
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Eric 69,964
Birth mother 3 hr It is me 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs