Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497867 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088209 Feb 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Paul Ryan Doubles Down on Cutting Veteran Pensions
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
From your source:

Since Ryan's and Sen. Patty Murray's (D) budget deal increases spending and increases the federal deficit, many conservatives and even mainstream Republicans wonder why veterans’ pensions should be cut when there is wasteful spending like leaving that tax credit loophole open among other examples of wasteful spending in Sen. Tom Coburn's book,“Wastebook”.

Ryan has taken a stance that is directly averse to the the Roby-Fitzpatrick plan -- something that could put Ryan at odds with a majority of the House GOP conference.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Fortunately, members of Congress on both sides of the aisle do not support these cuts.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088210 Feb 28, 2014
Rudderless Tea Party Searches For Meaning Five Years On

Five years after storming the national political stage, the Tea Party finds itself in the same ideological doldrums that killed off the social movements of the ’60s and ’80s.

Several hundred die-hard Tea Party activists Thursday found themselves sandwiched between a much larger convention of chiropractors and the annual fly-in lobbying convention of the National Treasury Employees Union.

Held at a Washington Hyatt, the fifth anniversary event for the Tea Party Patriots was a far cry from the halcyon days of 2009 when tens of thousands of conservatives descended on Washington for a Tea Party rally.

Big names from the movement’s birth like Rep. Michele Bachmann and Rep. Steve King — as well as three senators — shared the bill with obscure bloggers and businessmen hawking books, websites, even insurance brokerage services.

“I’m doing a film on the U.S. constitution. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever seen. It’s going to educate, it’s going to entertain,” one attendee told conservative radio icon Mark Levin in the hall outside the dimly lit event space.

But more than sheer numbers was missing from Thursday’s event: The day lacked either a single leader or issue to rally around. While Obamacare may have birthed the movement, it no longer motivates the Tea Party, if Thursday’s lineup was any evidence.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/johnstanton/rudderles...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1088211 Feb 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i can never figure out why FOX never tells anyone when Republicans get caught out as hypocrites.
I'm sure there's are rule book they're following.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1088212 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This argument isn't about jobs. It's about allowing a foreign country exerting eminent domain on U.S. citizens and threatening our land with a potential, and probable, environmental disaster so they can ship oil overseas. Wake up.
Are you against our republic?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1088213 Feb 28, 2014
flack wrote:
3D Systems and Hershey Team Up To Deliver 3D Printed Edibles
Co-develop a variety of 3D printed chocolate and non-chocolate products
Commercialize new class of consumer and prosumer 3D printers for edibles
Release Date:
Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:30
ROCK HILL, South Carolina –January 16, 2014 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced that it entered into a multi-year joint development agreement with The Hershey Company (NYSE:HSY), the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate, sweets and refreshment, to explore and develop innovative opportunities for using 3D printing technology in creating edible foods, including confectionery treats. The alliance combines Hershey’s world-class food science and manufacturing expertise with 3DS’ powerful 3D printing technology and knowhow to deliver new consumer experiences.
“We believe that innovation is key to delivering relevant, compelling consumer experiences with our iconic brands,” said William Papa, Vice President and Chief Research and Development Officer, The Hershey Company.“Whether it’s creating a whole new form of candy or developing a new way to produce it, we embrace new technologies such as 3D printing as a way to keep moving our timeless confectionery treats into the future.”
“Mainstreaming 3D printing is fundamental to our success and we are fortunate to partner with Hershey, the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and confection to expand the 3D printing experience into delectable edibles,” said Chuck Hull, Chief Technology Officer, 3DS.
Learn more about 3D Systems’ commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com .
That's a terrific idea Flacko__the local confectioners can purchase a cute little 3D printer and then order packages of chocolate from Hershey. In that way they make cute little statues, objects or even cute little pictures taken from photos__perfect for baby announcements, graduations etc etc.

That's one of the reasons DDD's sales and stock prices are doing nicely. Another reason is that "Big Bang" episode where Howard printed out the dolls.

Where's my fking flying car???

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1088214 Feb 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>he also called those liberal eco terrorists 'a cult'. my my my. LOL
The main stream media is ignoring the story, waiting for their far left hacks from Media Matters and Daily Kos to invent some lies and discredit the traitor.

Must have been hilarious watching the fools run around in full panic mode after Moore's story broke.

Orlando, FL

#1088215 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No details in that piece babe__got anything with a few details?
I'm reminded of the TriCare costs being being increased a while back and the rightwing nutjobs going berserk. The reports featured those famous little % rather than the actual amounts of $.
Turned out that a retired Colonel O-6 would see a premium increase of about $11.00 per month. Not exactly backbreaking eh?
Thankfully, some good news reported by Fox:

"Military groups and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are vowing to fight proposed cuts to the Pentagon budget set to be unveiled next week that could increase the cost of living for American troops, veterans and their families."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/26/mi...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1088216 Feb 28, 2014
Google adding voice recognition to Chrome browser search
4 hours ago by Bob Yirka report
Chrome
Google has posted a blog entry detailing what will be coming with the next update (over the next several weeks) of its Google Chrome web browser—one the main highlights is the implementation of voice activated, hands-free searching.
Chrome web browser users have been able to carry out Google searches using voice commands for a while by enabling the Voice Search Hotword extension—now, that extension becomes moot as all Google web users will have the option by default.
Google's voice search becomes apparent as a microphone icon appears on the far right side of the search box, with words next to it: Say "Ok Google." When a user complies, Google responds by erasing the screen and then displays a large red microphone icon along with the words "Speak Now." When words are spoken, they (or a close facsimile thereof) appear on the screen. When Google senses the user has finished their search request (by remaining silent for a moment) the spoken words are entered into the search box and the Enter command is executed, generating a page of query results.
Allowing users to use their voice instead of their fingers on a keyboard extends Google's search capabilities, bringing Apple Siri-like functionality to computers and very soon to mobile devices (for now the voice application will only work with the browser—Chrome OS will be updated at a later time.) The voice feature also allows for setting reminders in Google Now and for getting directions.
Google is making some other changes to its browser as well. Chief among them will be allowing developers to easily match image resolution to the device being used. It makes little sense for smartphone users to display very high resolution images in a tiny format, causing unnecessary delays. App developers going forward will be able to opt for a lower resolution image, without the user noticing the difference in quality.
Chrome will now also support the Web Audio API, which was likely necessary for making voice recognition work, but will mean the capability will now also be available to app makers as well, which means apps that work based on voice commands will almost certainly be coming very soon. Google also removed some seldom used Chrome API's, such as font-kerning and CSS font stretch.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1088217 Feb 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure there's are rule book they're following.
while carol tries to cover for those same Republicans.

if Ryan's name is attached to it....

Republicans are going to have to own this. Paul Ryan drafted it. John Boehner pushed it through and didn’t give even the 72 hours he promised he’d give for people to look through his legislation. Maybe had John Boehner spent more time reading through the legislation instead of blasting conservatives for opposing cuts to veterans’ benefits and tax increases he could have done something.

Veterans, including veterans disabled due to war injuries, are going to get screwed in the legislation.

This is not Harry Reid’s fault. This is Paul Ryan’s fault, John Boehner’s fault, and the House Republicans’ fault. They rushed the plan through without fixing it. To blame Harry Reid for what they themselves did is just crass partisan politics.

Made worse, it is partisan politics on the backs of veterans — that’s something the Democrats usually do.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/12/18/paul-ryan-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088218 Feb 28, 2014
An Alabama man is asking a judge for mercy after pleading guilty to hiring a Ku Klux Klan (KKK) hitman to murder his black neighbor.

Defense attorneys for Allen Wayne Morgan told U.S. District Judge Karon Bowdre that their client — a veteran of over 175 combat missions in Iraq who struggled with post traumatic stress disorder, depression, and drug addiction — should not spend more than five years in prison. Judge Bowdre referred the matter to a government expert, who will review the report on Morgan’s mental health submitted by the defense.

On August 29, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents arrested Morgan at an Econo Lodge in Oxford, Alabama. He thought he was speaking with the KKK hitman he had hired to kill his neighbor, Clifford Maurice Mosley, a black man he believed had raped his wife.

He allegedly told an undercover agent that “I want this man hung from a tree like he is an animal. I want his penis cut off and I want him cut. You’re a hunting man right? I want him hung from a tree and gutted.”

He planned to check himself into a Veterans Administration hospital in order to provide himself with an alibi.

After being taken into custody, Morgan confessed to having tried to hire the hitman.

He also said that when unexpected people arrive at his house,“I usually pull out a gun and run them off.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/28/alabama...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1088219 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's a terrific idea Flacko__the local confectioners can purchase a cute little 3D printer and then order packages of chocolate from Hershey. In that way they make cute little statues, objects or even cute little pictures taken from photos__perfect for baby announcements, graduations etc etc.
That's one of the reasons DDD's sales and stock prices are doing nicely. Another reason is that "Big Bang" episode where Howard printed out the dolls.
Where's my fking flying car???
It's on the way. The technology to remove the hu man driver is being built piece by piece. Don't you watch the commercials?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1088220 Feb 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
" Patrick Moore obtained a Ph.D. in ecology from the Institute of Animal Resource Ecology, University of British Columbia...."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%2...
Whats an ecologist?
From the Princeton Review....
"Most ecologists are scientists with backgrounds in chemistry, environmental science, geology, biology, climatology, statistics and, in many cases, economics. The depth of knowledge in each field determines the specialty area each candidate works in; a master’s degree in a science or ecology itself is becoming more and more common as the minimum requirement. Nearly all aspiring ecologists are expected to have some field experience.
Ecologists, because of their exposure to the growing mountain of numbers which indicate that we are ravaging our own planet, often become environmentalists, using their scientific and statistics-based background as a resource for their educational and lobbying efforts"
http://www.princetonreview.com/careers.aspx...
what was HIS backround?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1088221 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully, some good news reported by Fox:
"Military groups and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are vowing to fight proposed cuts to the Pentagon budget set to be unveiled next week that could increase the cost of living for American troops, veterans and their families."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/02/26/mi...
the military should become more efficient so they can cut their budget without affecting their personnel so heavily...

one of the most bloated, inefficient bureaucracies on the planet...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1088222 Feb 28, 2014
Retail of world's first flying car announced
ninemsn staff 2:58pm October 19, 2013

October 19, 2013: A company in the US has built the prototype for the first flying car that will go on sale in 2015.

The world's first flying car will be up for sale in just two years' time, US company Terrafugia has announced.

The Terrafugia Transition, which reaches on a ground speed of 240km/h but can reach 720km/h in the air, will go on sale for about $290,000 for local pilots with 20 hours flying experience, CNN reports.
The vehicle is a light aeroplane that is equipped to drive on the road.
"The Transition is the evolution of a lot of years of thinking and, you know, dreaming about things like this," Terrafugia's co-founder and chief executive Carl Dietrich said.
It's "a symbol of what we can accomplish", he said.
The flying car is currently being test driven and has attracted much attention.
"We had it at a gas station yesterday and people definitely stare," Mr Dietrich said.
"It's better than having a super sports car, because this one really does fly."
Source: CNN, Flying Car Film
Author: Matt Khoury. Approving editor: Nick Pearson.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088223 Feb 28, 2014
Kentucky pastor admits exposing himself to teen girl while shopping with son, police say

A Kentucky pastor has been arrested after he was accused of exposing himself to a teenage girl while shopping at an outlet store with his 7-year-old son.

A woman reported to police that a man had exposed his genitals to her 15-year-old daughter as she shopped in the junior’s section Feb. 13 at Burkes Outlet in Russellville.

Officers said the store’s video surveillance camera captured the man as he manipulated his zipper, and police posted a still image from the video on the department’s Facebook page asking for help identifying the man.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/28/kentuck...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088225 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
An Alabama man is asking a judge for mercy after pleading guilty to hiring a Ku Klux Klan (KKK) hitman to murder his black neighbor.
Defense attorneys for Allen Wayne Morgan told U.S. District Judge Karon Bowdre that their client — a veteran of over 175 combat missions in Iraq who struggled with post traumatic stress disorder, depression, and drug addiction — should not spend more than five years in prison. Judge Bowdre referred the matter to a government expert, who will review the report on Morgan’s mental health submitted by the defense.
On August 29, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation agents arrested Morgan at an Econo Lodge in Oxford, Alabama. He thought he was speaking with the KKK hitman he had hired to kill his neighbor, Clifford Maurice Mosley, a black man he believed had raped his wife.
He allegedly told an undercover agent that “I want this man hung from a tree like he is an animal. I want his penis cut off and I want him cut. You’re a hunting man right? I want him hung from a tree and gutted.”
He planned to check himself into a Veterans Administration hospital in order to provide himself with an alibi.
After being taken into custody, Morgan confessed to having tried to hire the hitman.
He also said that when unexpected people arrive at his house,“I usually pull out a gun and run them off.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/28/alabama...
sounds like entrapment.....

and, if Mosley raped the guy's wife, he deserved it.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088226 Feb 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's on the way. The technology to remove the hu man driver is being built piece by piece. Don't you watch the commercials?
many people enjoy driving their cars and would have no interest in a driverless car......

or would be willing to trust their lives to same....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1088227 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you get/use Tricare in addition to Medicare? If Lois aka Carol's husband is a veteran, does he not get Tricare for him and his family?
I didn't realize that the VA lent money for down payments on homes; so they don't lend for the entire mortgage?
TriCare is for active duty and retired military personnel. I don't qualify.

I have Medicare, a small VA supplement and a another supplement through the VFW that I pay for.

The VA offers a few different versions of home buying assistance. I've never used that service, it's time consuming and cumbersome.

I did use the GI bill to finish college__that was an easy deal, the schools registrars office took care of all the details__I had several great choices.

It's not such an easy deal for the returning Iraq/Afghanistan vets__they're basically getting hosed.

Orlando, FL

#1088228 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
As a spokeswoman for Black Americans you and nobama-Galt --"Sambo" carry influence with your statements
now that you have abandoned looking at naked pictures of some ones mom
LOL
There's no proof either way those photos were Ann Dunham. It could have been someone who looked like her, a photoshop of her in the picture or could have actually been her. But because it can't be proven, it's a non-issue and one I regret having perpetrated that one time.

However, the bone structure and facial characteristics of Frank Marshall Davis and Barack Hussein Obama are indisputable. There's no resemblance at all with Barack Obama, Sr.and Barack Hussein Obama. Not one recognizable characteristic do they share.

Orlando, FL

#1088229 Feb 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Do you get/use Tricare in addition to Medicare? If Lois aka Carol's husband is a veteran, does he not get Tricare for him and his family?
I didn't realize that the VA lent money for down payments on homes; so they don't lend for the entire mortgage?
National Guardsmen who serve for six years are considered veterans. That's why we qualify for a VA loan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Phil 237,689
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 12 min Rick Walters 40
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 1 hr SHEsAPukingMESS 5
News More And More Chicago Restaurants Are Joining T... 1 hr EAT Dont PAY 2
News 15th Chicago Flamenco Festival Announces Lineup... 1 hr LIMP WRISTS 2
15 Chicago School Principals 2 B Arrested 1 hr HANG-em HIGH 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Jimmy Yanks Paul ... 63,389

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages