Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536126 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RACHEL

Baltimore, MD

#1088153 Feb 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>and you forgot the biggest idiocy statement of the week: "stretchy pants are Couture." ROTFLMAO.
Oh wait there was one more: Blue Jeans are for trailer trash--I am thinking that you meant when only wore by liberals.:)
? "Couture" simply mean, "women's clothes???" You tryin' to say you wear the pants in the family? Not hard to believe... what wrong with stretch pants? Hich high fashion model look bad in them? Out of them? It all about the body, isn't it? Clothes jus' the icing... Not a native French speaker I see...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088154 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your stupidity. Here's some more examples of the idiocracy of your party:
"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented.” Rick Perry, on the BP oil spill
“I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.” George W.Bush
"I feel the best way to ensure Americans’ freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people.” Attorney General John Ashcroft
“President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale.” Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like,‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” Glenn Beck
“When the President does it that means that it’s not illegal.” Richard M. Nixon
“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.” Rush Limbaugh
"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.” Rush Limbaugh
“Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.” Jerry Falwell
“Facts are stupid things.” Ronald Reagan
“Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.” Ronald Reagan
“America has to import so many workers because for the last 35 years we have aborted more than a million people who would have been in our workforce.” Mike Huckabee
”I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.” Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
“I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.” Donald Rumsfeld
"Well, I learned a lot….I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You’d be surprised. They’re all individual countries.” Ronald Reagan
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” George W. Bush
"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
”The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.” Pat Robertson
"Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life.” Orrin Hatch
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/16/60-ri...
Well, you took some of these out of context and others were misinterpreted. My guess is deliberately.

For example, Reagan immediately corrected repeating the famous quote at the Republican National Convention: "Facts are stupid things -- stubborn things, I should say." He corrected it and got a laugh from the audience. Reagan's sense of humor was also evident in his Latin America remark.

Glenn Beck immediately added to his 9/11 victims comment: "I don't hate all of them. I hate probably about 10 of them." The ones who kept complaining after so much had been done for them.

George Bush's comment was simply in the context that history records every president's accomplishments and failures long after they're gone.

And his human beings and fish coexisting analogy was in the context of reassuring business owners in Saginaw, Michigan, that he wouldn't support tearing down energy-producing dams merely to protect certain fish species.

Pretty sure you get the picture though.
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1088156 Feb 28, 2014
Hi! I am just getting on this forum because there are 1 million comments on this forum....By the way, thank you for linking to my
blog on topix...80,000 web addresses linked to my blog in 2 weeks and
almost 1 million links were added one month ago! Thank you again.
However, I do not make any money from this blog...I need more
education! The address is "santo muerte carmi blog"...Thank you again
for reading my writing....There are some web addresses that are linked to my blog who I think are making money by being linked to my forum
or blog. GOD BLESS THEM!! Please read my blog with a grain of salt.
Use discernment! I am now turned on to space aliens...Put "space
aliens" in your top browser line and hit "enter"....enjoy!
Love, el cid 777
Patrick n Angela

Miami, FL

#1088157 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Friday, February 28, 2014 and we are experiencing yet another rebirth of the birfers!
Incredible.
GOP Birthers divert money and attention from the "Carol vs nobama-Galt" split over health care and abortion.
Patrick n Angela

Miami, FL

#1088158 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume Lois aka Carol et al didn't get the memo?
Recall yesterday her saying that because of the Democrats, veterans benefits were cut.
Is she blaming President Obama because she didn't get the house?
Stay tuned; today she may get a hangnail and blame him for that too
Right wing trolls seem not to follow the news or have a background in history, government or foreign policy

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088159 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your stupidity. Here's some more examples of the idiocracy of your party:
"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented.” Rick Perry, on the BP oil spill
“I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.” George W.Bush
"I feel the best way to ensure Americans’ freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people.” Attorney General John Ashcroft
“President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale.” Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like,‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” Glenn Beck
“When the President does it that means that it’s not illegal.” Richard M. Nixon
“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.” Rush Limbaugh
"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.” Rush Limbaugh
“Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.” Jerry Falwell
“Facts are stupid things.” Ronald Reagan
“Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.” Ronald Reagan
“America has to import so many workers because for the last 35 years we have aborted more than a million people who would have been in our workforce.” Mike Huckabee
”I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.” Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
“I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.” Donald Rumsfeld
"Well, I learned a lot….I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You’d be surprised. They’re all individual countries.” Ronald Reagan
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” George W. Bush
"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
”The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.” Pat Robertson
"Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life.” Orrin Hatch
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/16/60-ri...
And as far as Reagan's comment on trees causing pollution, seems the EPA agrees with him.

http://www.epa.gov/ord/sciencenews/scinews_tr...

"[Trees] release a variety of gases that contribute to air pollution. In fact, the planet's vegetation accounts for about two-thirds of the pollutants known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted globally."
Patrick n Angela

Miami, FL

#1088161 Feb 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
........ granny ....
..... sock puppet for waxman :-)
THE DEBIL

Baltimore, MD

#1088163 Feb 28, 2014
ANYWAYS, IT BE RUDE OF DEBIL TO IGNORE A GUEST SO WE SEE Y'ALL LATER. GOT GO HIBERNATE...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1088164 Feb 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume Lois aka Carol et al didn't get the memo?
Recall yesterday her saying that because of the Democrats, veterans benefits were cut.
Is she blaming President Obama because she didn't get the house?
Stay tuned; today she may get a hangnail and blame him for that too
Lola is just deranged about Obama and democrats.

It's a severe addiction problem that's self induced.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088165 Feb 28, 2014
RACHEL wrote:
MD. ol fellow, Debil not know you mom, of course, but he jus' spend a year lookin' after the death of his own... she sittin' on the mantlepiece right now, in fact. It a very difficult thing an' Debil hope yours not suffer too much. On the bright side - if there is one - as Debil sit on the steps of the hospice bawlin' his eyes out like a baby, every beautiful woman in a 6 block radius come an' sit beside him an' take him in their arms. Debil realize this somewhat of a counterintuitive reaction but he not set out to do it, he jus' go with the flow....(Thanks Mom!)
dumb shit Ghost too stupid to change sock names......
Patrick n Angela

Miami, FL

#1088166 Feb 28, 2014
Positive News

Their grumbling was sotto voce and neither lobbyist wanted to go on the record, but four years after Michelle Obama began her fight against America's obesity epidemic, her increasingly activist campaign is clearly beginning to get under the skin of the US food industry.

The two corporate executives were sitting in the East Room of the White House watching the first lady unveil the most radical overhaul of nutritional labels in 20 years and could be overheard comparing two versions: one which emphasised even more than the other just how unhealthy processed food can be.

"What do you think?" asked the first exec, glumly. "We like one better than the other, that's for sure," replied the second, complaining that her company had received little advance warning of the proposed changes. "I am getting my head of regulation to run through it all now."

The decision for Obama to front the new rules marks a rare venture into policy-making, but the first lady made clear she was not going to let the niceties of consultation periods and stakeholder dialogue stand in her way.

"I know there will be many opinions on what this label should look like, but I think that we all can agree that families deserve more and better information about the food they eat," she told the East Room audience.

"It's important to note that no matter what the final version looks like, the new label will allow you to immediately spot the calorie count because it will be in large font, and not buried in the fine print."

The increasingly strident tone has not gone unnoticed among conservative opponents, where even her early efforts to focus on positive alternatives such as exercise and healthy eating drew scorn.

"Why would you want to raise your own kids when Michelle Obama will do it for you?" columnist Tucker Carlson asked on Fox News when she first launched the Let's Move campaign.

Rush Limbaugh called her "the nutritionist at large", busy "demanding that everybody basically eat cardboard and tofu".

There is no doubt that Let's Move has a messianic side. During an event later that day to promote exercise at a daycare centre in Maryland, Obama was greeted by a fitness instructor who had just accidentally punched a hole in the ceiling in his enthusiasm to rally a class of four- and five-year-olds.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#1088167 Feb 28, 2014
Ordering a pizza in 2015, after ObamaCare

Funny and a little scary too!

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/pizz...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088168 Feb 28, 2014
But USA1680, let's talk about Obama's "57 states with two to go" which he didn't correct immediately - or ever.

Or "You can keep your health insurance if you like your health insurance. Period."

Think it was the emphasis on "period" that was the big mistake.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1088169 Feb 28, 2014
3D Systems and Hershey Team Up To Deliver 3D Printed Edibles
Co-develop a variety of 3D printed chocolate and non-chocolate products
Commercialize new class of consumer and prosumer 3D printers for edibles
Release Date:
Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 08:30

ROCK HILL, South Carolina –January 16, 2014 – 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) today announced that it entered into a multi-year joint development agreement with The Hershey Company (NYSE:HSY), the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate, sweets and refreshment, to explore and develop innovative opportunities for using 3D printing technology in creating edible foods, including confectionery treats. The alliance combines Hershey’s world-class food science and manufacturing expertise with 3DS’ powerful 3D printing technology and knowhow to deliver new consumer experiences.

“We believe that innovation is key to delivering relevant, compelling consumer experiences with our iconic brands,” said William Papa, Vice President and Chief Research and Development Officer, The Hershey Company.“Whether it’s creating a whole new form of candy or developing a new way to produce it, we embrace new technologies such as 3D printing as a way to keep moving our timeless confectionery treats into the future.”

“Mainstreaming 3D printing is fundamental to our success and we are fortunate to partner with Hershey, the largest producer of quality chocolate in North America and a global leader in chocolate and confection to expand the 3D printing experience into delectable edibles,” said Chuck Hull, Chief Technology Officer, 3DS.

Learn more about 3D Systems’ commitment to manufacturing the future today at www.3dsystems.com .

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088170 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
Positive News
Their grumbling was sotto voce and neither lobbyist wanted to go on the record, but four years after Michelle Obama began her fight against America's obesity epidemic, her increasingly activist campaign is clearly beginning to get under the skin of the US food industry.
The two corporate executives were sitting in the East Room of the White House watching the first lady unveil the most radical overhaul of nutritional labels in 20 years and could be overheard comparing two versions: one which emphasised even more than the other just how unhealthy processed food can be.
"What do you think?" asked the first exec, glumly. "We like one better than the other, that's for sure," replied the second, complaining that her company had received little advance warning of the proposed changes. "I am getting my head of regulation to run through it all now."
The decision for Obama to front the new rules marks a rare venture into policy-making, but the first lady made clear she was not going to let the niceties of consultation periods and stakeholder dialogue stand in her way.
"I know there will be many opinions on what this label should look like, but I think that we all can agree that families deserve more and better information about the food they eat," she told the East Room audience.
"It's important to note that no matter what the final version looks like, the new label will allow you to immediately spot the calorie count because it will be in large font, and not buried in the fine print."
The increasingly strident tone has not gone unnoticed among conservative opponents, where even her early efforts to focus on positive alternatives such as exercise and healthy eating drew scorn.
"Why would you want to raise your own kids when Michelle Obama will do it for you?" columnist Tucker Carlson asked on Fox News when she first launched the Let's Move campaign.
Rush Limbaugh called her "the nutritionist at large", busy "demanding that everybody basically eat cardboard and tofu".
There is no doubt that Let's Move has a messianic side. During an event later that day to promote exercise at a daycare centre in Maryland, Obama was greeted by a fitness instructor who had just accidentally punched a hole in the ceiling in his enthusiasm to rally a class of four- and five-year-olds.
just another part of Moochelle's 2016 campaign.....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088171 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
But USA1680, let's talk about Obama's "57 states with two to go" which he didn't correct immediately - or ever.
Or "You can keep your health insurance if you like your health insurance. Period."
Think it was the emphasis on "period" that was the big mistake.
You have your period? Oh shucks, let's just talk about Benghazi some more, and throw in a little Valerie Jarret while you're at it.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1088172 Feb 28, 2014
RACHEL wrote:
<quoted text>
? "Couture" simply mean, "women's clothes???" You tryin' to say you wear the pants in the family? Not hard to believe... what wrong with stretch pants? Hich high fashion model look bad in them? Out of them? It all about the body, isn't it? Clothes jus' the icing... Not a native French speaker I see...
Oh please excuse-usm said Haute Couture... you know those high quality fashion houses that make and develop by hand 'stretchy pants." yep that is what she said. So for days I have been asking what fashion house constructed and released a product called 'stretchy pants" -- do you know?
YTube

Marietta, GA

#1088173 Feb 28, 2014
.

1st BLOOD Moon (April 2014)--- ANTICHRIST (May)

http://youtu.be/AJYz_gScisA

.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1088174 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your stupidity. Here's some more examples of the idiocracy of your party:
"From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented.” Rick Perry, on the BP oil spill
“I’ll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.” George W.Bush
"I feel the best way to ensure Americans’ freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people.” Attorney General John Ashcroft
“President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale.” Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez
"When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like,‘Oh shut up’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining.” Glenn Beck
“When the President does it that means that it’s not illegal.” Richard M. Nixon
“Exercise freaks … are the ones putting stress on the health care system.” Rush Limbaugh
"The only way to reduce the number of nuclear weapons is to use them.” Rush Limbaugh
“Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.” Jerry Falwell
“Facts are stupid things.” Ronald Reagan
“Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.” Ronald Reagan
“America has to import so many workers because for the last 35 years we have aborted more than a million people who would have been in our workforce.” Mike Huckabee
”I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.” Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
“I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started.” Donald Rumsfeld
"Well, I learned a lot….I went down to (Latin America) to find out from them and (learn) their views. You’d be surprised. They’re all individual countries.” Ronald Reagan
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” George W. Bush
"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.” Arnold Schwarzenegger
”The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.” Pat Robertson
"Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life.” Orrin Hatch
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/16/60-ri...
57 States
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1088175 Feb 28, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP Birthers divert money and attention from the "Carol vs nobama-Galt" split over health care and abortion.
This article brought me to tears; in that it is so absolutely incredible and horrible that a poor person can be robbed of half of his life because he can't afford an attorney; I urge everyone to donate to the worthy cause of The Innocence Project:

'I Spent 15 Years In Solitary Confinement For A Crime I Didn't Commit'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/28/damd...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr District 1 240,936
Supply of m-oll-y, tar,ku*sh etc 10 hr Chicago IL 1
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... 17 hr Cheech the Conser... 6
News Thaddeus S. "Ted" Lechowicz, 1938-2009: Cook Co... (Jan '09) 21 hr Jackson Browne 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... Sat Earl 54
An EF-5 tornado would knock the Willis Tower ri... Sat Storm guy 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) Fri Comrades 105,189

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages