Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276500 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1086447 Feb 25, 2014
Religious freedom bills rile gay rights supporters

“This seems to be a concerted Hail Mary campaign to carve out special rights for religious conservatives so that they don’t have to play by the same rules as everyone else does.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/national/relig...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1086448 Feb 25, 2014
Doesn't say anything about who can do the work. Orlando area.

Re-ROOFING PERMITS
INSPECTION PROCEDURES

Re-roofing permits will now require two inspections:

A roof in progress inspection is required. To be performed during the re-roof work
in progress. This inspection is required to inspect the roof after the existing roof
materials are removed and the new roof installation is in progress. A photograph of
each roof plane should be taken after re-nailing of roof deck to ensure compliance.

1. Inspection code 125 Exterior Dry In/ In Progress is the first required
inspection for this permit - Note: a product wrapper containing the product
approval information needs to be placed with the permit card for Exterior Dry In / In
Progress and Final inspection.

This inspection should be scheduled when the secondary water barrier is being
installed after the re-nailing of roof deck. The secondary water barrier is the approved
underlayment for your installation. All materials needed for the roof installation
including deck and shingle nails, underlayment and valley lining materials, flashing,
skylights and roof covering materials shall be on site for inspection.

2. Inspection code 600 Final - To be performed once the roofing process is
complete and all of the construction debris is removed from the site. This includes
dumpster removal. All broken sidewalks or driveway aprons need to be repaired if
damaged prior to scheduling final inspection. A Warranty or affidavit from
contractor must be onsite at final inspection.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#1086449 Feb 25, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Since I have a vagina and can bear children, I'm also the one who has to take care of all household chores including mopping, sweeping, laundry, groceries, errands, etc.; balancing the budget; paying bills; handling the business aspect of buying a house; being the sounding board/advisor to a young adult who at one time I was the primary caregiver, and earning an income while juggling everything without dropping anything,
But having female private parts is the only criteria for women having power, apparently, to some liberals.
I prefer to think of women as being strong, flexible, hardworking, independent thinkers and doers, nurturers, home engineers and income earners who do a fantastic job of juggling.
And who keep their sex lives and need for birth control to themselves.
Your vagina is pretty much atrophied and you haven't been able to bear children since the first round of "stretch" [pants were in vogue. You quit your job after ten years; you "retire" at 62. I think your way to flaky to be leadin' the world.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1086450 Feb 25, 2014
Fox's Napolitano: Arizona's Anti-Gay Segregation Law Is "Profoundly Unconstitutional" '

"In my opinion, this legislation is, in this era, profoundly unconstitutional. The Supreme Court has ruled in [Romer v. Evans], a Supreme Court case involving a resolution of a city, an ordinance of a city in Colorado which prohibited entities from protecting gays - it didn't discriminate against them but it said you can't give them added protection - and the Supreme Court said the government can't make distinctions like that. Government can't do things based on hatred or stereotypes. So to permit someone to refuse to serve a birthday cake or a wedding cake to a gay person but to compel them to serve that wedding cake to a straight person is plain stereotypes and hatred and the Constitution prohibits government from doing that."

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/02/25/foxs...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1086451 Feb 25, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Piers Morgan believes he shot himself in the foot by crusading for gun control, with his CNN show as the final casualty.
But the self-inflicted damage was far deeper than that.
The British journalist undoubtedly alienated many in the audience
He's an azzhole, always has been, Howard Stern predicted his demise on day one of his ill themed cable TV talk show, gun control is just an excuse for failing..

Never-ever trust a reporter journalist with a British accent, nuff said.

He was even an azzhole on America's got talent__c'mon
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1086452 Feb 25, 2014
Un-American Senate Republicans Threaten to Filibuster Veterans Benefits

Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, introduced a bill with the most “the most comprehensive legislation for veterans to come before the Senate in decades,” per a one pager of the bill. It’s up for a vote Monday, around 3PM. This bill is chock full of very important benefits that our veterans are entitled to and should already have. It’s a bipartisan effort.

This legislation is the result of meetings with veterans’ groups and communities. It’s supported by “virtually every veterans organization in the country including The American Legion, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), the Disabled American Veterans (DAV), the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA).”(Read theSummary.)

So naturally, Republicans are threatening to filibuster it, ostensibly because they want a better way to pay for it. They don’t like the war savings pay-for.

To explain, the CBO is required to assume that war spending will grow each and every year based on the rate of inflation, but since we are in the drawdown phase of both wars, we won’t be spending as much money on war. The supporters of the veterans bill are saying that this money will pay for the benefits, which seems kind of fitting.

But Republicans don’t like the idea. Maybe they don’t like anything with the phrase “drawdown” or “paid for” in it, it’s hard to say (given their unfunded tax cuts under Bush, unfunded Medicare Part D, and unfunded wars).

But no matter how committed Republicans are to pretending to be fiscal conservatives when someone else is in charge, when we make promises to our veterans, we need to honor them.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/25/republ...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1086453 Feb 25, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing you're trying to do is to censure the facts I put forth or parrot for that matter. Obama is doing the same to the nation.
He is a turbo commie megafailure. LOL
And yet, he's still better than Romney.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1086454 Feb 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you post a quote that made no sense? do you not even read you own links? oh yeah, i have already proven you do not!
do you read "fully one third" of them? that would be .29 by your calculation...
Links are used to cite a website...my post was from a book...

something you have had no contact with....

please feel free to offer your side of the argument....

the....'you are dumb' or 'i proved you wrong in my head' schtick is getting old...funny, but old!

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#1086455 Feb 25, 2014
flack wrote:
Former Vice President Cheney calls Hagel's proposed Army cuts 'absolutely devastating'Published February 25, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook550 Twitter379 Gplus19
Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s proposed drastic cuts to the U.S. Army are “absolutely dangerous" and would cause long-term damage to the military.
Cheney told Fox News’ Sean Hannity the proposed cuts, which would shrink the Army to its smallest size since just before the U.S. entered World War II, would have a devastating impact on the ability of future presidents to deal with future crises.
“This is really over the top,” Cheney said.“It does enormous long-term damage to our military.”
The Army had already been preparing to shrink to 490,000 active-duty members from a wartime peak of 570,000. Hagel is proposing to cut it further to between 440,000 and 450,000.
"We are repositioning to focus on the strategic challenges and opportunities that will define our future: new technologies, new centers of power, and a world that is growing more volatile, more unpredictable, and in some instances more threatening to the United States," Hagel said at a press conference at the Pentagon.
He defended the proposed reductions in troop strength, as a trade-off for building up "technological superiority" and priorities like Special Operations Forces and "cyber resources."
However, Cheney questioned how the cuts would affect military readiness, in a time where the U.S. faces threats from multiple areas of the world.
“That would lead me to think I need the strength of military capabilities, not cut it,” he said.
Cheney said he believes the cuts are a reflection of President Obama’s beliefs, and that the president has always wanted to cut the military.
“He said when he went to Cairo in that famous apology tour back in ’09 he believed, apologized for our overreaction to the events of 9/11,” he said,“and today he is fixing it in a way, in a fact where it will be almost impossible for future presidents to deal with that kind of situation.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report
You're supporting Dick Cheney? Well, that's does it; you're officially around the bend.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1086457 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
I have. Dreadful place - too many liberals like you. Roads full of pot holes and rubbish like you and the roads in New York. Couldn't wait to leave.
Ah! So CT is more to your liking then?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1086458 Feb 25, 2014
flack wrote:
Doesn't say anything about who can do the work. Orlando area.
Re-ROOFING PERMITS
INSPECTION PROCEDURES
Re-roofing permits will now require two inspections:
A roof in progress inspection is required. To be performed during the re-roof work
in progress. This inspection is required to inspect the roof after the existing roof
materials are removed and the new roof installation is in progress. A photograph of
each roof plane should be taken after re-nailing of roof deck to ensure compliance.
1. Inspection code 125 Exterior Dry In/ In Progress is the first required
inspection for this permit - Note: a product wrapper containing the product
approval information needs to be placed with the permit card for Exterior Dry In / In
Progress and Final inspection.
This inspection should be scheduled when the secondary water barrier is being
installed after the re-nailing of roof deck. The secondary water barrier is the approved
underlayment for your installation. All materials needed for the roof installation
including deck and shingle nails, underlayment and valley lining materials, flashing,
skylights and roof covering materials shall be on site for inspection.
2. Inspection code 600 Final - To be performed once the roofing process is
complete and all of the construction debris is removed from the site. This includes
dumpster removal. All broken sidewalks or driveway aprons need to be repaired if
damaged prior to scheduling final inspection. A Warranty or affidavit from
contractor must be onsite at final inspection.
You need a permit for the inspections junebug and the permit can only be pulled by a licensed roofing contractor. Should mention that "some" suppliers will only stock permitted jobs.

Reread the final sentence of your link.
Mud Blood and Beer

Dallas, TX

#1086459 Feb 25, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YA THINK? TELL YOU THE TRUTH I ONLY WEAR BLACK. IT SIMPLER... DON' SHOW SPOTS... PLEASE GOD TELL ME YOU NOT AN EXPERT ON MY WARDROBE? DEBIL LIVES - NOT UNEXPECTEDLY - IN WASHINGTON DC. EVERYTHING IN WASHINGTON DC IS IN ALL CAPS, YOU NEVER BEEN HERE? WELL, MAYBE OL' THOM WAS YELLIN' AT YOU CAUSE YOU STOOPID?
NOW, IN THIS PICTURE YO LOOKIN' OVER THOM'S RIGHT SHOULDER AT WHAT IS KNOWN AROUN' HERE AS "THE SOUTHEAST PORTICO." HERE WHAT IT SAY...
http://www.nps.gov/thje/photosmultimedia/quot...
"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and constitutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as a civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."
YOU GET WITH THE PROGRAM, HONEY, SOMETIMES TO LEAD A MULE TO WATER YOU GOT HIT THE DUMB FUCKER OVER THE HEAD WITH A 2X4...
Debil! Long time no see. Don't do topix much any more.What you doin' in Tecas?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1086460 Feb 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Florida's roofing code was revised after the 04 trio of hurricanes created billion$ of damage to homes and contents. On the side (bootleg) is a gamble for all homeowners and particularly those whose homes are mortgaged___not to mention illegal.
The insurers took a real beating after the summer of 04 and changed the way they do business. How pizzed off would your lender be or insurer be if they discovered that you had gambled on a handyman installed, not to code, roof?
I can't imagine why anyone in Florida would want a substandard roof.
2004 was an unusual year. Hurricanes have always been part of the landscape in Florida. Men used to put shingles on a roof by themselves all the time.

Don't think it takes a genius to do it. Or special government regulations. Pretty sure I could do it myself if I had to. Thanks to the Internet.

“We doing better...”

we've got to do more

#1086461 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
I have. Dreadful place - too many liberals like you. Roads full of pot holes and rubbish like you and the roads in New York. Couldn't wait to leave.
"road full of pot holes and rubbish like you and the roads in New York"??? You're such a fool, Nostrils/Millhouse/gunner/et. al.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1086462 Feb 25, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Your vagina is pretty much atrophied and you haven't been able to bear children since the first round of "stretch" [pants were in vogue. You quit your job after ten years; you "retire" at 62. I think your way to flaky to be leadin' the world.
It's all in your mind. Distortion and false accusations seem to be the liberals' code of ethics.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1086463 Feb 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You need a permit for the inspections junebug and the permit can only be pulled by a licensed roofing contractor. Should mention that "some" suppliers will only stock permitted jobs.
Reread the final sentence of your link.
Bullshit!! The homeowner can pull a permit for any job done and can do the work himself as long as a certified contractor (if needed) signs off on the job. I've been around construction all my life.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1086464 Feb 25, 2014
More from science....and for complaints please see the author...

"The Vostok Data, which is often cited to link temperature increases to C02 increases, also show C02 levels lagging atmospheric temperatures. A lag of this nature would be an indicator that the Atmospheric C02, concentration may indeed be an effect, not a cause, of the temperature increase."

Sondergard, S.(2009).'Climate Balance: A Balanced and Realistic View of Climate Change'. Tate Publishing : Oklahoma
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1086465 Feb 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
the....'you are dumb' or 'i proved you wrong in my head' schtick is getting old...funny, but old!
Unfortunately that is all they have.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1086466 Feb 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
i did. your quote made absolutely no sense. what else do you need to know?

can you explain how this nonsense is relevant to anything?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1086467 Feb 25, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately that is all they have.
can you explain how that quote made sense?

really, that is all you have, to be honest...

that is all you do. you berate me, but can never, ever show how my posts are incorrect. you are the biggest hypocrite here! as i have proved time and time again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min ritedownthemiddle 54,525
Ask Amy 8-30-15 44 min Kuuipo 5
abby8-31-15 1 hr Kuuipo 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 196,899
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Tommy Devito 100,635
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr RACE 5,422
News 2 dead, 10 wounded in shootings across the city... 2 hr reality is a crutch 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages