Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1085666 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
employers have already cut back hours to avoid ObamaKKKare regulations, you idiot....
whether a company previously provided benefits or not, they simply don't want to deal with the regulations....particularly when the regulations constantly change at the whim of the Imperial Dictator....
Millions of Americans have lost coverage because of the healthcare law and must now shop on a defective, insecure government website and sign up for more expensive policies through Federal and State exchanges. Only by logging in as a prospective patient did my office manager and I discover that Aetna was selling plans for which I am a provider-effectively selling my services without even asking, much less informing me that my services would be sold on such a site, under the auspices of new terms with which I will not comply.

Then, after the fact, I received a form letter informing me of Aetna’s “new allowables”. I will not sell my services under such terms. While treated as such, patients and doctors are not commodities worthy of such impersonal, inconsiderate, and cavalier treatment. We choose dignity and personal service over disrespect and form letters.

So here we are, you are getting new business offering health insurance plans featuring my services without my consent under terms which are unacceptable to me. Accept this as my official written notice that the changes that you have unilaterally made to our contract are unacceptable to me and make our contract null and void. You must explain this to your patients. You must tell them that they have purchased a product that was misrepresented to them and that you cannot deliver. It saddens me to think of the decreased access to care from actual physicians and the shockingly increased costs Aetna patients will now experience because of your choice to collude with big government rather than collaborate with patients and physicians.

Kristin S. Held, MD
dem

United States

#1085667 Feb 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>What name am I changing,Dweebdem?
At this point it will be easier naming the ones that aren't you.
dem

United States

#1085668 Feb 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>NO, here is me now. What's your problem?
That was you, ya fkn liar.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1085669 Feb 24, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
According to a recent Washington Post-ABC News poll
And there the credibility ends.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1085670 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
Excerpt from a letter to Aetna from Doctor Kristin Held:
¨You see, health insurance has evolved such that insurers and government have inserted themselves smack-dab in the middle of the once sacred patient-doctor relationship. I am called a provider- not a doctor. My patient is now yours- not mine. What I can do as a physician now has strangulating strings and nonsensical numbers attached- to you and government and money-not the best interests of the patients.
Obamacare, the “law of the land”, contains ever-changing-at-the-whim-of-H HS, politically-expedient mandates, rewards, penalties, rules and regulations with which I cannot rationally or morally treat my patients and run a practice, much-less interpret, implement, or comply.¨
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/doc-giv...
the term "provider" is used as part of a propaganda campaign to convince fools that trained amateurs like nurse practitioners are an adequate substitute for a physician.......

all to save money......
dem

United States

#1085671 Feb 24, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>dem is a sock himself, a paranoid idiot at that.
Nostrilfuckface is nervous. Another tea bag idiot is stealing his shtick.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085672 Feb 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Is whbl.com a AM news radio station in Sheboygan WI?
The latest CBO report about subsidies creating a lack of incentive to work and an implicit tax on working when returning to a job was in all of the headlines recently. Just happened to find this article looking up something else and posted it as a reminder.

But the CBO stopped walking in lockstep. The liberals' unforgiveable sin, you know. Makes the spin more difficult.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1085673 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
please don't contribute to spreading misinformation by calling the tax a penalty.....
Well, let's compromise and call it a "penalty tax" since it's a punitive tax any way you look at it and because it's how it's being reported. Is that okay?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1085674 Feb 24, 2014
RIP Harold Ramis

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085675 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare is the government taking over the health INSURANCE, not health CARE industry.
They want control of the money, not the scalpels.
yet just posted an article saying it WAS taking over health care!!

can you not even keep your own bullshit straight now?

how is buying private company insurance policies the gov;t taking over the industry?

do you never tire of making a fool of yourself?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1085676 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Stating a fact & correcting posts by dumbass right whiners is not celebrating anything.
No one was talking about how many were on food stamps. The subject was a stat about how many were on some sort of means tested government program & who would be included in that stat.
I like that,"means tested". You rely on the concept. It makes little or no difference to you that record numbers are testing this means of deferred irresponsibility. You do your best to scrawl a big obscuring happy face on this grossly inept Obama economy.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1085677 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of Americans have lost coverage because of the healthcare law and must now shop on a defective, insecure government website and sign up for more expensive policies through Federal and State exchanges. Only by logging in as a prospective patient did my office manager and I discover that Aetna was selling plans for which I am a provider-effectively selling my services without even asking, much less informing me that my services would be sold on such a site, under the auspices of new terms with which I will not comply.
Then, after the fact, I received a form letter informing me of Aetna’s “new allowables”. I will not sell my services under such terms. While treated as such, patients and doctors are not commodities worthy of such impersonal, inconsiderate, and cavalier treatment. We choose dignity and personal service over disrespect and form letters.
So here we are, you are getting new business offering health insurance plans featuring my services without my consent under terms which are unacceptable to me. Accept this as my official written notice that the changes that you have unilaterally made to our contract are unacceptable to me and make our contract null and void. You must explain this to your patients. You must tell them that they have purchased a product that was misrepresented to them and that you cannot deliver. It saddens me to think of the decreased access to care from actual physicians and the shockingly increased costs Aetna patients will now experience because of your choice to collude with big government rather than collaborate with patients and physicians.
Kristin S. Held, MD
she's a nutjob republican who goes on FOX and tells lies. just the usual.
dem

United States

#1085678 Feb 24, 2014
Which topix tea bagcharacters are we missing???

Three Romans arrested on federal firearms charges over the weekend were allegedly trying to obtain pipe bombs and other explosives to carry out guerilla warfare-style attacks against government facilities, according to Federal Bureau of Investigations agents.

Terry Eugene Peace, 45; Brian Edward Cannon, 36; and Cory Robertson Williamson, 28 — all of 22 Tumlin Drive — have each been charged under federal law with conspiracy to receive and possess a firearm.

The three men were being held at Floyd County Jail for the U.S. Marshals Service on Wednesday, following their first appearance Tuesday in federal magistrate court.

The group was arrested in Cartersville during an FBI-led operation that included FBI SWAT and the police departments of Rome, Floyd County and Bartow County.

According to the affidavit and criminal complaint filed by FBI Agent Adam Roland:

The three men participated in online chat discussions between Jan. 23 and Feb. 15 that were monitored by the FBI.

During the online conversations they discussed using guerilla war tactics and planned to launch the attacks against the government this month. They specifically targeted several federal agencies, including the Transportation Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085679 Feb 24, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The latest CBO report about subsidies creating a lack of incentive to work and an implicit tax on working when returning to a job was in all of the headlines recently. Just happened to find this article looking up something else and posted it as a reminder.
But the CBO stopped walking in lockstep. The liberals' unforgiveable sin, you know. Makes the spin more difficult.
and then it was shown to be a misreading of the report...

and fools like you bought it hook line, and sinker..

what else have those people that lied to you then told you that was untrue..f

from looking at your posts..just about everything you think and breathe, huh? that must suck to realize that your entire world view is based on lies...
dem

United States

#1085680 Feb 24, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>The latest CBO report about subsidies creating a lack of incentive to work and an implicit tax on working when returning to a job was in all of the headlines recently. Just happened to find this article looking up something else and posted it as a reminder.

But the CBO stopped walking in lockstep. The liberals' unforgiveable sin, you know. Makes the spin more difficult.
Dumb spin

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1085681 Feb 24, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>NO, here is me now. What's your problem?
Rectal Cranial Insertion.
dem

United States

#1085682 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>And there the credibility ends.
Yeah cause your stupid as fk right wing terrorist threads are the real news.
Get lost you stupid beitch

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085683 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the term "provider" is used as part of a propaganda campaign to convince fools that trained amateurs like nurse practitioners are an adequate substitute for a physician.......
all to save money......
you really need a doctor to do routine tests? seriously? nurses have been dong things like that for years...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1085684 Feb 24, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions of Americans have lost coverage because of the healthcare law and must now shop on a defective, insecure government website and sign up for more expensive policies through Federal and State exchanges. Only by logging in as a prospective patient did my office manager and I discover that Aetna was selling plans for which I am a provider-effectively selling my services without even asking, much less informing me that my services would be sold on such a site, under the auspices of new terms with which I will not comply.
Then, after the fact, I received a form letter informing me of Aetna’s “new allowables”. I will not sell my services under such terms. While treated as such, patients and doctors are not commodities worthy of such impersonal, inconsiderate, and cavalier treatment. We choose dignity and personal service over disrespect and form letters.
So here we are, you are getting new business offering health insurance plans featuring my services without my consent under terms which are unacceptable to me. Accept this as my official written notice that the changes that you have unilaterally made to our contract are unacceptable to me and make our contract null and void. You must explain this to your patients. You must tell them that they have purchased a product that was misrepresented to them and that you cannot deliver. It saddens me to think of the decreased access to care from actual physicians and the shockingly increased costs Aetna patients will now experience because of your choice to collude with big government rather than collaborate with patients and physicians.
Kristin S. Held, MD
yes, even doctors lie to you..millions have not lost insurance,,they have had their plans changed...

you seem totally unable to tell when people are lying to you? what do you believe in your life that you can be sure is true at all? anything?

it must suck to be a mindless puppet like you...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1085685 Feb 24, 2014
Science and the ice melted before and it will melt again...

"Rapid Thinning of Pine Island Glacier in the Early Holocene"

'Pine Island Glacier, a major outlet of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, has been undergoing rapid thinning and retreat for the past two decades. Here we demonstrate, using glacial-geological and geochronological data, that Pine Island Glacier also experienced rapid thinning during the early Holocene, around 8,000 years ago. Cosmogenic 10Be concentrations in glacially-transported rocks show that this thinning was sustained for decades to centuries at an average rate of more than 100 cm yr&#8722;1, comparable to contemporary thinning rates. The most likely mechanism was a reduction in ice shelf buttressing. Our findings reveal that Pine Island Glacier has experienced rapid thinning at least once in the past, and that, once set in motion, rapid ice sheet changes in this region can persist for centuries.'

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early/2014/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 48,366
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 180,604
Who were the biggest White Gangs? (Apr '10) 5 hr new some 41
1 in 3 Chicagoans living paycheck-to-paycheck 7 hr CUU 5
abby 11-21 9 hr Shari23 6
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 9 hr Wolverine33 692
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr KiMerde 51,234
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says