Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564359 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087002 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox's Tucker Carlson: It's "Fascism" For Businesses To Have To Treat Gay Customers Equally
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/26/foxs-...
But a black business owner refusing to serve the KKK would be okay. And a Muslim business owner refusing to serve gays or Jews would be okay.

But it's just selective "fascism" - a Christian business owner refusing to serve gays or a Jewish business owner refusing to serve Muslims - that isn't okay.

Business owners can refuse to serve anyone for any reason.

Fascism is forcing anyone to do anything against their will or personal beliefs.

Selective fascism is hypocrisy.

You don't get this?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1087003 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Only to ignorant f*cks like you. Not eery Muslim is Al Qaeda. Not every militant group is Al Qaeda. You people are dumber than sh*t.
Lying bozo, where did I say "every" muslim? Can you even read?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1087004 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying again.
The President of Libya interviewed 40 ( Not 50) people ( not Al Qaeda).
The President of Libya did not say Al Qaeda planned or carried out the attack.
You are lying.
By NBC News staff
Updated at 6:37 p.m. ET: An anti-Islam film that sparked violent protests in many countries had "nothing to do with" a deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi earlier this month, Libya's president told NBC News.
In an exclusive interview with NBC News' Ann Curry, President Mohamed Magarief discounted claims that the attack was in response to a movie produced in California and available on YouTube. He noted that the assault happened on Sept. 11 and that the video had been available for months before that.
"Reaction should have been, if it was genuine, should have been six months earlier. So it was postponed until the 11th of September," he said. "They chose this date, 11th of September to carry a certain message."
NYT: Deadly Libya attack a major blow to CIA efforts
Magarief said there were no protesters at the site before the attack, which he noted came in two assaults, first with rocket-propelled grenades on the consulate, then with mortars at a safe house.
Slideshow: Anger over film spreads throughout Muslim world
Khaled Abdullah / Reuters
Protests ignited by a controversial film that ridicules Islam's Prophet Muhammad spread throughout Muslim world.
Launch slideshow
The attack took the lives of Ambassador Chris Stevens, as well as information management officer Sean Smith and security personnel Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
US Ambassador Chris Stevens was 'courageous,' Obama says
Magarief told Curry that based on the accuracy of the assault, he believes the attackers must have had training and experience using the weapons.
"It's a pre-planned act of terrorism," he said, adding that the anti-Islam film had "nothing to do with this attack."
Though Magarief believes the attack was the work of Islamist fundamentalists, he dismisses any notion that Libya is in danger of becoming a theocracy.
Libyan President Mohammed Magarief tells NBC's Ann Curry that Islamic fundamentalists do not share the same goals and aspirations as most people in his country.
“This will never happen,“ he said.“ They don’t have the strength. They don’t have the supporters. They will remain a minority that’s isolated, that will not be accepted by us. And I’m sure Libyans will fight to the last man against seeing this happen in our land.”
'A strong friend'
Magarief said that while Libyans appeared to be behind the attack that "these Libyans do not represent the Libyan people or Libyan population in any sense of the word."
Hilary Stevens, sister of Christopher Stevens, the U.S. Ambassador to Libya who died Tuesday during an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. In an interview with Rock Center Anchor Brian Williams, Stevens reflects on her brother's legacy and work.
He added: "We consider the United States as a friend, not only a friend, a strong friend, who stood with us in our moment of need."
More than 40 people have been questioned in connection with the incident, the Libyan leader told Curry.
He described Stevens as a "humble and very un7433ique human being" and a "great friend of Libya."

Orlando, FL

#1087005 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY DUMBASS!!
The $5.3-billion Keystone XL Pipeline Project is the largest infrastructure project currently proposed in the United States. Construction of the 1,179-mile pipeline will require 9,000 skilled American workers. The project will provide jobs for welders, mechanics, electricians, pipefitters, laborers, safety coordinators, heavy equipment operators and other workers who rely on large construction projects for their livelihoods.
In addition to construction jobs, an estimated 7,000 U.S. jobs are being supported in manufacturing the steel pipe and the thousands of fittings, valves, pumps and control devices required for a major oil pipeline.
TransCanada has contracts with more than 50 suppliers across the U.S., including companies in Texas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Indiana, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Ohio, Arkansas, Kansas, California and Pennsylvania.
TransCanada employed 4,844 Americans in Oklahoma and Texas on construction of the $2.3-billion Gulf Coast Pipeline Project, which is expected to be complete by the end of this year.
Construction and development of the Keystone XL and Gulf Coast Pipeline Projects is anticipated to generate $20 billion in economic impact in the United States, including $99 million in local government revenues and $486 million in state government revenues during construction.
The pipelines will also generate an estimated $5 billion in additional property taxes during their operational life.
- See more at: http://keystone-xl.com/about/jobs-and-economi ...
Thing is, Obama is using this as a political maneuvering tactic.

He's holding it up on purpose so he can announce right before the elections, "The Democrats are in favor of this pipeline. Vote for them now."

Just wait and see.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1087006 Feb 26, 2014
Progressives say...

Solar arrays in....

ENDANGERED kit fox out!!!!

'But soon a massive solar power plant may supplant agricultural lands here – destroying habitat for critically endangered kit foxes,'

http://www.defenders.org/press-release/panoch...

“you know i know”

denver

#1087007 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Tea Party yeahoos are nearly all right whiners & would vote Republican whether there was a Tea Party or not.
Getting Tea Party candidates to win primaries cost theRepublican party numerous seats including the US Senate.
This is how f*cking lame the Tea Party is.
liar, prove it. the TP is only lame to those who don't pay and live off of others, mooches, parasites, sponges, like you.

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1087008 Feb 26, 2014
Acidic ocean waters - a byproduct of increased CO2 emissions.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbi...

When will the right whiners get it???

I think the reason why right whiners ignore this issue is that they believe that the great rapture will happen before the really nasty aspects of global warming take hold. Jesus will return & save them all any day now so why worry about the future.

Why ese would someone put their grandchildren's future at risk for political purposes?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1087009 Feb 26, 2014
Progressives say...

Solar arrays in...

ENDANGERED blunt-nosed lizards must go!!!!!

http://www.defenders.org/press-release/panoch...

“you know i know”

denver

#1087010 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See how it works? Just mention the posting of racial slurs & look who came in their defense.
You're doing a lot of avoiding and ducking, Dopey, bawk,bawk

“you know i know”

denver

#1087011 Feb 26, 2014
Rush reports 51% of demorats don't know the earth revolves around the sun once a year, libs are so stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087012 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>she had a good legal representative that knew what happens to people in the way of a political witch hunt. facts and reason don't matter to people like you,(as you show here everyday. as you just have shown us...)
you may think it brave to pay chicken with a runaway train but sane people know to just walk away.
actually, Lerner's attorney screwed up by allowing her to make a statement before she invoked the Fifth.......

Orlando, FL

#1087013 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As Lois Lame attempts to turn chickensht into chocolate ice cream.
Seems I recall Arizona losing a Super Bowl opportunity due to it's take on MLK day.
Have you seen the list of companies that have made their sentiments known?
Speaking of McCain__I got a real kick out of his Banc Suisse rant given his previous associations with crooked lenders.
Speaking of Mitt__give me odds on his Cayman accounts "not" being at Banc Suisse.
You're much too pessimistic for your own good. Instead of giving kudos to Republicans for standing against bad policies in their own party, you continue to follow the yellow brick road in the Land of Oz.
virtuanna

Texarkana, TX

#1087014 Feb 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Bilblo...but both parties arent trying very hard to see to it that the practice continues.Like Repubs standing up for the CEO's who make a fortune outsourcing those jobs.
Why would you block a Bill that gives Corporations incentives to bring jobs back here?
Why do Teabaggers think they can Equivocate ANYTHING away?
"They BOTH do it!!" seems to be your default mode.Great short cut to thinking.
Oops, my bad; first you must have substance to gain the rank of dihldo...keep trying.
My apologies to diddlos everywhere, majors and the otherwise-ly ranked.

“you know i know”

denver

#1087015 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Acidic ocean waters - a byproduct of increased CO2 emissions.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbi...
When will the right whiners get it???
I think the reason why right whiners ignore this issue is that they believe that the great rapture will happen before the really nasty aspects of global warming take hold. Jesus will return & save them all any day now so why worry about the future.
Why ese would someone put their grandchildren's future at risk for political purposes?
More BS hysteria, get a hysterectomy.

I think you're nuts.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1087016 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>As Lois Lame attempts to turn chickensht into chocolate ice cream.
Seems I recall Arizona losing a Super Bowl opportunity due to it's take on MLK day.
Have you seen the list of companies that have made their sentiments known?
Speaking of McCain__I got a real kick out of his Banc Suisse rant given his previous associations with crooked lenders.
Speaking of Mitt__give me odds on his Cayman accounts "not" being at Banc Suisse.
it wasn't a super bowl. It was the Grand Prix. I know I was living there at the time? also at the time we had ACT UP running around threatening to infest society with AIDS.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087017 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how sure are you the company offering and backing this warranty will be around when you need it?
the term is one year, so the risk is not huge.....

but the coverage is limited, and a service fee is charged for each warranty call.....

“you know i know”

denver

#1087019 Feb 26, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
speaking in a pure Biological sense...
"Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-18574279
I am all for homosexuality among Liberals....
free abortions for all liberal cultists
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087020 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, Chris, any good attorney tells their client to take the 5th especially faced by the lying POS hypocrite car thief Issa.
The IRS was at the White House pertaining to their roll with the ACA.
My God Fletch, pull your head out of your ass every now & then & look around.
Congress should give Lerner limited immunity, forcing her testimony.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1087021 Feb 26, 2014
NYC has more black abortions than black births...

but abortion is not black genocide.....

Since: May 11

Blain, PA

#1087022 Feb 26, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
At 10:00 am ET February 27, 2014… after two and a half years of waiting for answers, SEAL families will sit in a Congressional hearing asking questions. Please help make sure that those questions are asked and answered.
These Representatives need to hear from the American people or this hearing will become just another “Benghazi” effort to sweep Administration failings under the political carpet.
Those who are not democrats aka liberals, it is time for some work. Call the Representatives, it only takes a few minutes:
Here are the numbers:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014022633924/ed...
Maybe dumbass Republicans in Congress should address the families of over 4000 dead soldiers why they were sent to Iraq. So far they were told WMDs, Links to Al Qaeda, Spreading Democracy, or was it about oil.

I find you total assh*les to be such a f*cking joke ranting & having a fit about Benghazi where 4 people died and yet say absolutely nothing when your hero George W Bush sent 40000 soldiers to their deaths in a made up war based on lies.

My God, they weren't even given properly armored vehicles & body armor.

You people are a bunch of sick f*cks who ignored the travesty in Iraq while lying to make up a false issue in Benghazi.

There is no excuse for you people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Justice Dale 242,246
Spanx-they're for me. 2 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 3 hr Art Vandalay 8
Maxwell street ghosts 3 hr Ghost Pete Woods 4
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr General Kabaka Oba 52,056
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 15 hr SweLL GirL 11,013

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages