Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460334 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1086736 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I was here when it was legal to drink while driving__and did__daily almost. Eighteen year olds could drink then too and there were fewer roadway KIA's than there are now__per capita. Lotsa bad injuries though.
I was here when cocaine was cool but a roach would get you jailtime.
I missed the co**fighting which was headquartered in Tangelo but widespread and overlooked mostly as illegal gambling by the local law enforcement folks__unless one was black and winning.
I was here when Kissimmee was really a cowtown and the bars in Holly Hill stayed opened til 4AM. I was here for Brassies in Cocoa, the Daytona Eastern Airlines 24 hr race, the Kahler Plaza, nickle night, Sullivans Trailway, I remember when the Arnold Palmer Classic was at Rio Pinar instead of Bay Hill.
I'm a seasoned veteran of Central Florida__and if you ever lie to me I'll know it instantly.
Which means he is an old fool!!!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1086737 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are really arguing here that a NBA team who is on the verge of making the playoffs to earn millions in post season revenue will waste money on a side show to boost ticket sales for a game or two?
This is how stupid you are, Eed.
3 of the 4 potential playoff opponents in the first round have active centers scoring over 10 points a game & are instrumental in their offenses.
Plus the Nets have been a center short since the injury to their star center.
So it makes sense to get a big man to play defense against these other teams.
Bwhahahahahaha!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086738 Feb 26, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
California
* The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, then bites the Governor.
* The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie"Bambi" and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
* He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the
Coyote and bills the state $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
* He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
* The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
* The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
* The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program" for residents of the area.
* The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
* The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training on the nature of coyotes.
* PETA protests the
Coyote's' relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.
TEXAS
* The Governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
* The buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.
Did he save the fur? Could make some good mittens ifn he saved the fur too...lure in another and make a good jacket by gosh to go with 'em!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1086739 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so a dropped period throws your puny mind? figures..
is that all you have, grammar nazi posts?
NOT.EVEN.ONE.
did you notice the punctuation error in your post above? i did....hypocrite...
Even funnier that you believe that your sentence was only missing a period. HAHAHAHA

Get an education ... don't just claim one Jr.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1086740 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT. EVEN. ONE.
For once you are correct. You have not posted one fact ... not even one. LOL
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086741 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my understanding that any service-oriented business has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
It's not like gay couples can't find another bakery who would make them a wedding cake.
If it had been a Muslim baker, no one would even be talking about this.
Really...this nation has gone completely lunaTic the last five years. WTH....commie marxist demands of "calorwee specific" postings in restaraunts and food establishments now?

Say WHAT????? WTH?

America's tax dollars are being WASTED at this most utmost Ignorant level of bullchit chit t by WHOM??

WTH ...who do and where do these FREAKs like that, think they are?

Geez 2016 just can not get here fast enough, so America can be SHED of the lunacy currently dividing, draining and destroyiing Against the people -and definetly NOT for the people.

Just UNflipping believable, the STUPIDITY.
angel

Boise, ID

#1086742 Feb 26, 2014
Banned wrote:
Please tell me that Obama isn't going to be our next President.
I doubt thats very likely.....
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1086743 Feb 26, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Why should I when I accept the fact that you do and have the guts to tell others here my opinion as well..... besides you.
I believe that the dimwit hypocrite Woodidiot is referring to the spelling of the word (censured) rather than the intent of the statement in which I believe you might have meant to use the word censor.

You see that is all they have,... but the real funny part is that their grammar and word usage is no better than any others in topix. When the dimwit cannot counter information presented they attempt to split hairs on things like grammar, punctuation and spelling. That's why I point out their hypocrisy when they make the same mistakes that they accuse others of.
angel

Boise, ID

#1086744 Feb 26, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
First Lady requires more than twenty attendants
Author
By Dr. Paul L. Williams (Bio and Archives) Tuesday, July 7, 2009
By the staff of thelastcrusade
Update: First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it”
—Albert Einstein
“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said.“See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,“ Michelle Obama
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.
How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michele are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
$172,2000 - Sher, Susan (CHIEF OF STAFF)
$140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C.(DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Winter, Melissa E.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$90,000 - Medina, David S.(DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M.(DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$75,000 - Starkey, Frances M.(DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Reinstein, Joseph B.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$60,000 - Fitts, Alan O.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Lewis, Dana M.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M.(ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A.(ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)
$40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J.(EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M.(STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
Jackson, Deilia A.(DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Do something useful duhmdem, and research this for us-the US tax payers....cause it sounds like we need to CUT, CUT and CUT some "jawbs" ourselves, like about 20 -21 CUTS, if dis here Bullchit is true, cause this is WORKING CLASS America-NOT fckn parliament!
So what were we paying for the previous First lady? Just out of curiousity.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086745 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, like her hero Rand Paul, thinks discrimination is an OK thing.
Duh A Vey entrevous into a bakery, requesting a duhm Duh A Vey birfday cake by such n such a day. Owner of sees duhm libuhrultic label stamped on he forehead, a he hug a twee t-shirt.

Owner alllll booked up till days AFTER Duh A Veys requested speshull cake day.

OH WELL. Too baduh-duhm Duh A Vey. Go find another WORKING CLASS. non-entitlemental appeasing bakery.
Because THAT's what BUILT America.
Duhmmy.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086746 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ask your Florida realtor babe.
Of course if you think only in terms of cakes__ask the manager down at Publix.
There ya go...NO reason at all for ANY of this STUPID libuhrulTic bullchit whining-

DUH A Vey-

Go to your local super dooper super mawket for your fresh out of the fweezer birfday cake and quit harrassing private small business owners!!!!!!!!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1086747 Feb 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most states do not require any permit for installing new roofing, which is not a structural change.....
I know.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086748 Feb 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>So what were we paying for the previous First lady? Just out of curiousity.
DECENT, American loving First ladies don't get paid!

But apparently THAT one seems to think she's supposed to be catered to like some queen.

WRONG, WRONG and WRONG.

DISGUSTING.

Cut all 'em DEM entitlementacase tax payer draining "jawbs" and let America get back to jawbs FOR the people-NOt entitlemental casedly divide, drain and whine against them!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1086749 Feb 26, 2014
Where's DumbDave and his sock DUH-Pont? They seem to always be AWOL together!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086750 Feb 26, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I know.
Whats your favorite dish warshing liquid and terlet bowl cleaner Flack?

Dryer sheets or liquid?

Garbage' baggage?

Do you shop generically for food costs control?

Plz don't tell me you have a clueless queenie entitlemental case type of speshull syndrome...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086751 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
First Lady requires more than twenty attendants
Author
By Dr. Paul L. Williams (Bio and Archives) Tuesday, July 7, 2009
By the staff of thelastcrusade
Update: First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it”
—Albert Einstein
“In my own life, in my own small way, I have tried to give back to this country that has given me so much,” she said.“See, that’s why I left a job at a big law firm for a career in public service,“ Michelle Obama
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn’t perform any official duties. But this hasn’t deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession. Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing china for the White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.
How things have changed! If you’re one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michele are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
$172,2000 - Sher, Susan (CHIEF OF STAFF)
$140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C.(DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND WHITE HOUSE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Winter, Melissa E.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$90,000 - Medina, David S.(DEPUTY CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M.(DIRECTOR AND PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$75,000 - Starkey, Frances M.(DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF POLICY AND PROJECTS FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Reinstein, Joseph B.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY SOCIAL SECRETARY)
$62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF SCHEDULING AND EVENTS COORDINATOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
$60,000 - Fitts, Alan O.(DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF ADVANCE AND TRIP DIRECTOR FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Lewis, Dana M.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT AND PERSONAL AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M.(ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR AND DEPUTY PRESS SECRETARY TO THE FIRST LADY)
$50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.(SPECIAL ASSISTANT FOR SCHEDULING AND TRAVELING AIDE TO THE FIRST LADY)
$45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A.(ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Tubman, Samantha (DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR,SOCIAL OFFICE)
$40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J.(EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CHIEF OF STAFF TO THE FIRST LADY)
$36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M.(STAFF ASSISTANT TO THE SOCIAL SECRETARY)
Bookey, Natalie (STAFF ASSISTANT)
Jackson, Deilia A.(DEPUTY ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CORRESPONDENCE FOR THE FIRST LADY)
Do something useful duhmdem, and research this for us-the US tax payers....cause it sounds like we need to CUT, CUT and CUT some "jawbs" ourselves, like about 20 -21 CUTS, if dis here Bullchit is true, cause this is WORKING CLASS America-NOT fckn parliament!
This just boggles my lifetime WORKING CLASS American mind.

SLACKER TICS!!!!!!!!!!
angel

Boise, ID

#1086752 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
DECENT, American loving First ladies don't get paid!
But apparently THAT one seems to think she's supposed to be catered to like some queen.
WRONG, WRONG and WRONG.
DISGUSTING.
Cut all 'em DEM entitlementacase tax payer draining "jawbs" and let America get back to jawbs FOR the people-NOt entitlemental casedly divide, drain and whine against them!
You didnt answer the question I noticed.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086753 Feb 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Where's DumbDave and his sock DUH-Pont? They seem to always be AWOL together!
Prbly in duh kitchen, flashn they duhmdem labels badgers at the REAL wrkn peopole-so they can sneak some licks of the frosting on duh cake of duh day lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1086754 Feb 26, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>You didnt answer the question I noticed.
What part of

"They DON'T get paid" did you not comprehend , wanna be PRINCESS (CLUELESS).
angel

Boise, ID

#1086755 Feb 26, 2014
<quoted text>
There ya go...NO reason at all for ANY of this STUPID libuhrulTic bullchit whining-
DUH A Vey-
Go to your local super dooper super mawket for your fresh out of the fweezer birfday cake and quit harrassing private small business owners!!!!!!!!
Bigots deserve whatever they get.
I hope his shitty bakery goes broke.
Besides what are you whining for Kentucky Klown Kar?
Especially about entitlement and 'jawbs'?
You know damn well anyone who has nothing better to do then spend as much time as you do posting under 40 different aliases is undoubtebly sitting in his trailer on full disabilty for "Back Problems" right?
No way in hell you work a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min clay 231,210
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 29 min Well Well 7,953
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr panties9688 62,354
TRUMP FORCE being formed to clean up Chicago! 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 71,241
Are democrats destroyed? 8 hr red dawn 13
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 8 hr red dawn 22
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Truth Be Told 104,554

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages